Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Smoove_B

Re: Grand Theft Auto V - Finally On The PC

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk wrote:Wish this was cheaper..its still $50 on G2A even.
There was a coupon for the last three weeks on Green Man Gaming to get it for $45. I'm pretty sure it ended the day the game was released.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
naednek

Post by naednek »

Considering I had it for ps4, I'm waiting for the $20 mark.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

I logged back in last night as Trevor and he was taking a dump behind a dumpster.

I love looking for cars to do up and stick in my garage.

Trevor is one sick mother, is it bad to enjoy being him?

I enjoy being Michael and going to the shrink

Franklin's Aunt cracks me up, cleansing my femininity..vulva..vulva..

As I am playing this my wife looks at me as if i'ms mad, shes like wtf is that you are playing.
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Smoove_B wrote:
Daehawk wrote:Wish this was cheaper..its still $50 on G2A even.
There was a coupon for the last three weeks on Green Man Gaming to get it for $45. I'm pretty sure it ended the day the game was released.
Game came out Monday and I used that deal on Thursday morning. Glad I did. :D
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, ok. Well, that's crazy then. I probably would have jumped all over this if it wasn't for the download size. This is absolutely the first time where that is a real consideration for me. Shadow of Mordor was painful to wait for --- two days, and it's about half the size of this. I'd have to carve out 60+ GB on my hard drive and never uninstall this beast. The first person aspect has me really intrigued and more than anything else with the GTA games, I love exploring. If they told me purchasing this would somehow get Red Dead Redemption to my computer? Man...
Captain Caveman

Couldn't you buy a physical copy to avoid the download?

I ain't gonna lie, the download was a beast. It took a good 12 hours here, but I was at work most of the time. I averaged between 1 and 2mb a second, so I'm sure it's a much easier download for those with a better connection.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think the physical copies use R* Social Club for DRM, not STEAM. We loves STEAM. We has to haves it. I'm guessing the Holiday 2015 sale will have it at $29, possibly less. I have plenty to keep me busy until then. :D
Frost

Post by Frost »

Reemul wrote:
As I am playing this my wife looks at me as if i'ms mad, shes like wtf is that you are playing.
If only my wife were that cool. She would look at me with disgust if I didn't wear headphones to prevent her from hearing the things being said in game. She acts like I'm saying them myself LOL
Some MoFo's are always trying to ice skate uphill - Blade
Captain Caveman

Smoove_B wrote:I think the physical copies use R* Social Club for DRM, not STEAM. We loves STEAM. We has to haves it. I'm guessing the Holiday 2015 sale will have it at $29, possibly less. I have plenty to keep me busy until then. :D
The GMG coupon you mentioned and I took advantage of also is Rockstar DRM, not Steam. Not a biggie for me, though it would have been convenient to have in my Steam library.

I'm guessing the discount it receives in the summer sale will be no more than 20%. It'll likely be more than that by the winter sale, but I'd still be surprised if it was discounted by 50% or more. Besides, I'd be shocked if your willpower can hold out for that long. ;)

I haven't been able to play again yet today because I have a kid and I'm not a horrible person. If only he'd take a nap.... maybe I'll spike his milk.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Captain Caveman wrote:I haven't been able to play again yet today because I have a kid and I'm not a horrible person. If only he'd take a nap.... maybe I'll spike his milk.
Obligatory:

Enlarge Image
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Captain Caveman wrote:Second, first person mode is a blast!
You've ruined third person mode for me :D. I just played a couple of hours in first person, campaign missions, time trials, hunting and just walking around. It was pretty amazing. And check out the views from the cockpit of a couple of planes and a helo (click images to enlarge):

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And here's a first person mode video of the Airport Flyby Time Trial. The Rockstar editor does not allow editing of camera views in first person mode, so it's just the in-cockpit view. And the gates of the trial don't show up, so it looks like I'm just flying around being whacky :D
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Captain Caveman

jztemple2 wrote:And here's a first person mode video of the Airport Flyby Time Trial. The Rockstar editor does not allow editing of camera views in first person mode, so it's just the in-cockpit view. And the gates of the trial don't show up, so it looks like I'm just flying around being whacky :D
I just tried out my own first person video. Here you go, Smoove. As soon as the game started, I walked into the street and started recording. I thought you'd like to see how I spend my time in-game.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Captain Caveman wrote:
jztemple2 wrote:And here's a first person mode video of the Airport Flyby Time Trial. The Rockstar editor does not allow editing of camera views in first person mode, so it's just the in-cockpit view. And the gates of the trial don't show up, so it looks like I'm just flying around being whacky :D
I just tried out my own first person video. Here you go, Smoove. As soon as the game started, I walked into the street and started recording. I thought you'd like to see how I spend my time in-game.
LMAO that punch at :13 seemed brutal
Captain Caveman

Frost wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:
LMAO that punch at :13 seemed brutal
I love how when you start kicking people's vehicles, some just run you over, some run for the hills, and some jump down from their 18 wheelers and try to fuck you up.... even though they've been drawing social security for nearly ten years. It's all right there in this 30 second clip. :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Here's something else I did. After a mission where Michael ended up at the oil wells in the southeast corner of the map, I said "Hey, I don't really remember what there is on the southeast coast here, I'll go take a look". So I drove east and found that there are steep cliffs overlooking the water, hence why my car ended up here:
Image (click image to enlarge)

So I started swimming south and occasionally when to the shore to find... not much. In the water I did find some orcas:

I eventually ended up here: (click image to enlarge)

And walking a bit further I got this great view. There are just some really cool things to see, especially at 1920x1200 :D (click image to enlarge)
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'm having a total blast as well. I already beat this on the 360 but it's been long enough that this feels very fresh to me. I love the pesonal radio. I was doing an air race when queens flash came on. It was so perfect. :)
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

In case people are wondering, these are my graphics settings, as set by my Nvidia Experience dealie. My specs are: Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 780 3GB, Win7 64bit. I'm not sure what some of them are, although I do believe Tessellation was the full name of the character created by Thomas Hardy :D

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Finally got the game. I am 4 minutes from finishing my download. I've purposely not paid much attention to many details about the game but I've heard a bit about doing heists? Can we form an OO team for those?

Anyway, if anyone sees me online and wants to play just send me a message! If we're not friends on Steam, hit my Steam button below and toss me an invite.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I don't think I could play this way. Too real. (Although the strip club could be fun :P)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/watch- ... 0-6426704/
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Captain Caveman wrote:I just tried out my own first person video. Here you go, Smoove. As soon as the game started, I walked into the street and started recording. I thought you'd like to see how I spend my time in-game.
Jztemple has videos of driving and flying planes and you just drag people out of cars and assault them. The magic of GTA. :D
Captain Caveman

Smoove_B wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:I just tried out my own first person video. Here you go, Smoove. As soon as the game started, I walked into the street and started recording. I thought you'd like to see how I spend my time in-game.
Jztemple has videos of driving and flying planes and you just drag people out of cars and assault them. The magic of GTA. :D
I didn't drag anybody. I just kicked their cars and they exited their vehicles on their own volition. I took this as a threat to my safety, as any reasonable person would, and thus any assault that subsequently occurred was just me standing my ground.
Chraolic

Post by Chraolic »

Does anyone know how to get it to work with Steam in-home streaming? I've tried linking it to every .EXE file in the game directory at some point or another, and it just flat out refuses to start no matter what. I have the Social Club client set to login automatically, but as far as I can tell it never even appears. I've never had so many problems streaming any other game.
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

The Social Club stuff seems incomplete. At least I just discovered that the iFruit app doesn't work for the PC version yet, anyways.
Frost

Post by Frost »

Captain Caveman wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
I didn't drag anybody. I just kicked their cars and they exited their vehicles on their own volition. I took this as a threat to my safety, as any reasonable person would, and thus any assault that subsequently occurred was just me standing my ground.
LMAO Including that guy you punched in the back of the head as he ran away in fear? Didn't you get the memo that GTA5 is meant to to be played as a nice guy?
Captain Caveman

Frost wrote:
Captain Caveman wrote:
Smoove_B wrote:
LMAO Including that guy you punched in the back of the head as he ran away in fear? Didn't you get the memo that GTA5 is meant to to be played as a nice guy?
I assumed he was sprinting to find his piece and shoot me. Fearing for my life, I stood my ground and prevented this from happening. Totally reasonable.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

See, if that's your plan it seems like you could totally play GTA with a kid. You would be teaching street smarts. Very valuable.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:See, if that's your plan it seems like you could totally play GTA with a kid. You would be teaching street smarts. Very valuable.
and the law. You can show them exactly how stand your ground works, not to mention the Castle doctrine. I plan on writing it off as an educational expense. 8-)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Been driving around as Trevor in one of these:

It went from day to night as I came all the way from Sandy Shores to Textile City, which is in Los Santos, to meet up with these fine folks:

But it's a nice night so I'm going to walk from here to here:

It's really pretty downtown at night:
cheeba

Post by cheeba »

And GTAV does not support joysticks. I don't understand why Rockstar hates PC gamers so much.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

? It works great with gamepads. I don't see how a joystick would even work...
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Complaining about joystick support in 2015 is definitely up there with one of the strangest things I've read online. I'm a die-hard joystick fan with flight sims. But 3rd person action games? It's ok - get an Xbox360 game pad. It won't ruin your PC gamer cred. :wink:
Captain Caveman

I love being able to use songs from my personal collection, but has anyone found a way to import songs from an 8 track into the game? Also, I can't seem to get my trackball to work, and I'm having trouble saving my game to my floppy drive.

Just joshing you, cheeba. :wink:
Rip

Post by Rip »

Smoove_B wrote:Complaining about joystick support in 2015 is definitely up there with one of the strangest things I've read online. I'm a die-hard joystick fan with flight sims. But 3rd person action games? It's ok - get an Xbox360 game pad. It won't ruin your PC gamer cred. :wink:
When you are flying it makes a lot of sense to want to use a joystick. In the same sense wheel supprt with feedback would kick ass as well. In fact how about a little TrackIR? I mean crap if people want one of those stupid walk around treadmills, why not joysticks and steering wheels. I mean is it really THAT hard?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Trackir would be sweet, but I'm not surprised that it isn't supported.

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

Oh sure you laugh, but every GTA game before this supported joysticks. When all of you were bitching about the remote control helicopter missions in early GTA's, I was breezing through them with my trusty old Microsoft Sidewinder!

"Get a gamepad" bleh. When Sully, the hero of Hudson Bay, landed his plane in the water and saved all those people, he didn't fly with a gamepad! He used a joystick. Because joysticks are how you fly!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

cheeba wrote:When Sully, the hero of Hudson Bay, landed his plane in the water and saved all those people, he didn't fly with a gamepad!
Just to clarify, Sully landed in the Hudson River, not Hudson Bay.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If they had anything resembling a real flight model I might agree. :)

cheeba

Post by cheeba »

jztemple2 wrote:
cheeba wrote:When Sully, the hero of Hudson Bay, landed his plane in the water and saved all those people, he didn't fly with a gamepad!
Just to clarify, Sully landed in the Hudson River, not Hudson Bay.
lol, no idea why I said Bay and not River.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

I hate you guys. Downloading now ...