Movie Trailers thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

hepcat

Re: Movie Trailers thread

Post by hepcat »

Moliere wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:33 pm

The Crow (2024) Official Trailer - Bill Skarsgård, FKA twigs, Danny Huston
"After a devastating tragedy, one man comes back from the dead to search for a shirt"
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hepcat wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:07 pm "After a devastating tragedy, one man comes back from the dead to search for a shirt"
:clap:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm surprised to see Bill Skarsgard getting so many roles. I never really thought he was THAT talented. At least in the films I've seen him in, he didn't seem to be stretching his thespian muscles. Obviously, having the great Stellan Skarsgard as a father likely means talent is in his genes. But I'm still waiting on him to prove that he's really worth his current in demand status. His older brother has justified his status with numerous roles over the years though.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Good lord, that looks spectacularly awful.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Skinypupy wrote:

Yeah. I'm a big fan of the original movie, and this remake looks absolutely terrible.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

disarm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:47 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
Moliere wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:33 pm The Crow (2024) Official Trailer - Bill Skarsgård, FKA twigs, Danny Huston
Yeah. I'm a big fan of the original movie, and this remake looks absolutely terrible.
The Crow did NOT need a remake at all.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It can't be worse than The Crow: Wicked Prayer with Edward Furlong:
The Crow: Wicked Prayer received a one-week theatrical release in Seattle, Washington on June 3, 2005, before being released direct-to-video on July 19, by Dimension Films.
On Rotten Tomatoes the film has an approval rating of 0% based on seven reviews.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:29 pm It can't be worse than The Crow: Wicked Prayer with Edward Furlong:
Doesn't look like anything to me.

I've heard people say there's more than one Crow film. Those people are as deluded as those who claim there's more than one Matrix movie. :P
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

But Highlander 2 was definitely a thing, right?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Exodor wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 pm
disarm wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:47 pm
Skinypupy wrote:
Moliere wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:33 pm The Crow (2024) Official Trailer - Bill Skarsgård, FKA twigs, Danny Huston
The Crow did NOT need a remake at all.
Other than some corporate suits who thought they could suck a few more bucks out of the IP, was there anyone actually asking for this?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

And there are Braveheart direct-to-video sequels.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lots of classic movies dont need sequels or remakes yet Hollywood barfs them out.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Because they're low risk. Far easier to make a sequel based on an existing IP, rather than create a whole new one.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:33 am And there are Braveheart direct-to-video sequels.
Did You Know Braveheart 2 Came Out In 2020? It's Not What You'd Expect
Robert the Bruce was released in 2020, an unofficial Braveheart 2 that continues the story in an unexpected way. Actor Angus Macfadyen reprises his role as Robert from the critically acclaimed 1995 epic, Braveheart, in the earlier moments of Robert’s life before the final battle of Bannockburn. Where Braveheart follows the life of Gibson's William Wallace, Robert the Bruce follows the life of Macfadyen’s downtrodden Robert before his rise as king.

Similar to Mel Gibson's Braveheart, where the star also played a role in the film's production, Robert the Bruce was written for the screen by Macfadyen alongside writer Eric Belgau. Although not a direct sequel to Braveheart, Robert the Bruce operates as a sequel in its own right as it details Scotland’s ongoing war with England as they fight for their independence. In fact, both films share this in common as their plots center on this war. It is a redemption story that aims to sympathize with Macfadyen’s Robert and his poor decisions made in Braveheart, where he betrayed William Wallace and fought alongside the English.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 pm But Highlander 2 was definitely a thing, right?
There can be only one
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:22 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:39 pm But Highlander 2 was definitely a thing, right?
There can be only one
:clap:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:35 am Lots of classic movies dont need sequels or remakes yet Hollywood barfs them out.
There are a few reasons this happens.

~ Selling an audience on a new property is difficult, and if the publicity department gets it wrong, it can kill the profits. Using an established IP, on the other hand, means that people are already familiar with it and don't need to be taught what it's all about. Plus it comes with a certain number of viewers that are guaranteed to see it.
~ Using established IPs can be expensive. Using an IP you already own is not.
~ Nostalgia. Put out something tied to people childhood or youth, and you draw those people in. If you pay attention, there's a moving 'window' that most of these things happen in, just like oldies radio stations. Go back X number of years until X+15 years (or whatever) and you're playing off of the nostalgia of the age groups that have the most disposable income today. It's why (on TV) you had The Wonder Years when you did (set in the late 60s, filmed in the late 80s), followed by That 70s Show (set in the 70s, filmed in the 90s), followed by The Goldbergs (set in the 80s, filmed in the 2000s.) It's not a coincidence that each one is popular 20-30 years after the original subject matter. They're designed for their audience. That's why there was a rash of 80s remakes that are slowly giving way to 90s remakes.
~ People talk about movies not 'needing' remakes or sequels. That has nothing to do with it - it's not being done in service to the original movie, it's being done in service to the theater's profit margins, and established IPs make more money than new IPs.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:21 am
Rumpy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:33 am And there are Braveheart direct-to-video sequels.
Did You Know Braveheart 2 Came Out In 2020? It's Not What You'd Expect
Robert the Bruce was released in 2020, an unofficial Braveheart 2 that continues the story in an unexpected way. Actor Angus Macfadyen reprises his role as Robert from the critically acclaimed 1995 epic, Braveheart, in the earlier moments of Robert’s life before the final battle of Bannockburn. Where Braveheart follows the life of Gibson's William Wallace, Robert the Bruce follows the life of Macfadyen’s downtrodden Robert before his rise as king.

Similar to Mel Gibson's Braveheart, where the star also played a role in the film's production, Robert the Bruce was written for the screen by Macfadyen alongside writer Eric Belgau. Although not a direct sequel to Braveheart, Robert the Bruce operates as a sequel in its own right as it details Scotland’s ongoing war with England as they fight for their independence. In fact, both films share this in common as their plots center on this war. It is a redemption story that aims to sympathize with Macfadyen’s Robert and his poor decisions made in Braveheart, where he betrayed William Wallace and fought alongside the English.
I'm not even talking about that one, although I'm vaguely aware of hearing about this one. But no, I was scrolling through on-demand listings one day and noticed an actual Braveheart 2. I think it's called Braveheart: The Vengeance.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I can't find any mention of that anywhere. The only sequel I can find is Robert the Bruce (and it's only a spiritual sequel.)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I can't find mention of it anywhere, but it wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes things simply don't appear on IMDB. But it does exist.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

If I were a betting man, my money would be on a misremembering (or misreading) of Dragonheart: Vengeance, which is a direct-to-video prequel of Dragonheart.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

You know what, you'd be right... Now I'm feeling sheepish... :doh: :lol: I saw one thing and my brain conflated it. But even so, Dragonheart sequels... Apparently they're a thing :lol:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There have been 4 of them so far. Who knew... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Exactly! It makes me wonder who actually watches these things. It's the definition of flying under the radar.
Last edited by Rumpy on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:29 pm You know what, you'd be right... Now I'm feeling sheepish... :doh: :lol: I saw one thing and my brain conflated it. But even so, Dragonheart sequels... Apparently they're a thing :lol:
Artist's rendition:
Spoiler:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Only in the pits of hell where the director's cut is shown nightly...
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holman wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:35 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:13 am Wait. I've not clicked on anything nor do I have any knowledge of this film.

Are you telling me there is a current-day Civil War movie that has Texas and California on the same side? :roll:
Before dismissing it entirely, be aware that it also features President Nick Offerman.

I assume that there's some in-universe explanation for a CA/TX alliance. Maybe it's more that they both want to secede, but for different reasons, and their working together is merely about securing that right?
I didn’t realize this was made by Alex Garland. No wonder the early reviews have been mostly good to great. Now I wanna see it.
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

THE KING TIDE Trailer (2024) Clayne Crawford
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Couldn't place where i heard that phrase then after watching this i think this is an aquaman version of that superman as an eveil kid movie except it doesn't seem like the kid is evil.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 pm Couldn't place where i heard that phrase then after watching this i think this is an aquaman version of that superman as an eveil kid movie except it doesn't seem like the kid is evil.
Just a guess, but in the first 30 seconds...

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:38 pm
Punisher wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 pm Couldn't place where i heard that phrase then after watching this i think this is an aquaman version of that superman as an eveil kid movie except it doesn't seem like the kid is evil.
Just a guess, but in the first 30 seconds...

Yeah, thats what i meant. The title was familiar but it wasn't until i watched the trailer that i realized it was from that and why i think its an aquaman version of that evil kid superman movie.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Alien: Romulus

In theaters for a week and then straight to Hulu.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I see the franchise has run out of words so they have started adding just any word to it after Aliens:.
Last edited by Daehawk on Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:25 pm I see the fanchise has run out or words so they have started adding just any word to it after Aliens:.
I thought it was some sort of Star Trek tie in.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Another one for The Fall Guy

Holman

Post by Holman »

Moliere wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:41 pm

Alien: Romulus

In theaters for a week and then straight to Hulu.
Some people online have noted that the interior designs seen here reference not just earlier ALIEN movies but the game ALIEN ISOLATION specifically.

To me that's a good sign.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE | Official Teaser Trailer
Only in theaters September 6.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Excellent title choice. Also (obviously) sets up the third movie.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I refuse to see this without Boebert.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I don't really have much desire to see it, mostly because I think I'm worn out on Tim Burton and his brand of movie.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti