Innocent until proven guilty...well, show us!

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Lord Percy

Post by Lord Percy »

RunningMn9 wrote:Among other things, I would hope that Unbreakable admitting his identity in IRC tonight was enough evidence to sway any remaining Undecideds.
We have a spy in our midst Image
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

Anyone want to start a pool on the handle for his next incarnation? Or has it already posted in this thread? Let the witch hunt begin!

RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lord Percy wrote:We have a spy in our midst Image
Of course you do. I have operatives everywhere.

I'll take that as an apology for thinking that I'm insane for seeing tony72's everywhere I look. :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Hey,let's leave the witches out of this.We had nothing to do with it! :x
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Lord Percy

Post by Lord Percy »

RunningMn9 wrote:Of course you do. I have operatives everywhere.

I'll take that as an apology for thinking that I'm insane for seeing tony72's everywhere I look. :)
I never thought you were insane for seeing tony72's everywhere, I just thought you were insane, period. Still do. :)
Tareeq

Post by Tareeq »

I apologize for any perceived but unintended insensitivity to our monotheistically challenged sisters and brothers. My remarks were taken out of context.

Some of my best friends are witches.
loc-nar

Post by loc-nar »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Mookee wrote:Loc, please start giving me your football picks so I can bet on the opposite. Thank you, sir.
Among other things, I would hope that Unbreakable admitting his identity in IRC tonight was enough evidence to sway any remaining Undecideds.
Hell, I was personally convinced after more of the "secret indisputable" evidence leaked.

I've been wrong before too :)
Evidently no one likes a quitter
Or an old punk's bitterness
So I'm waiting for a tap on the shoulder
Because we're all getting older, not better
and the laughs are no longer with us.
loc-nar

Post by loc-nar »

Mookee wrote:
loc-nar wrote:I just want to go on record as saying that since I public stated that I don't believe Unbreakable is Tony72, I have guaranteed the existence of damning evidence to the contrary.
:)

Loc, please start giving me your football picks so I can bet on the opposite. Thank you, sir.
You sir, are the vilest sort of cur.

Steelers vs Patriots ends in a 17-17 tie.

TAKE THAT!
Evidently no one likes a quitter
Or an old punk's bitterness
So I'm waiting for a tap on the shoulder
Because we're all getting older, not better
and the laughs are no longer with us.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Of course you do. I have operatives everywhere.
So now you have operatives, minions, and cronies? You must have the magic penis or something. I can't even get a date to a concert when I'm paying. Unless you call my married with children, used to be bisexual, guy friend a date.

My neighbor's new wife informed me last night that she has a hot friend who is a huge HoMMIII fan, though. I find it hard it to believe, so I remain curious. Maybe you could send one of your operatives to Bucharest and find out for me.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Lord Percy wrote:I just thought you were insane, period. Still do. :)
Oh, that's different then. Carry on.
Make up bags of change
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Tareeq wrote:Anyone want to start a pool on the handle for his next incarnation? Or has it already posted in this thread? Let the witch hunt begin!

What have I done?
Sweet Jesus, what have I done?
Become a thief in the night,
Become a dog on the run
And have I fallen so far,
And is the hour so late
That nothing remains but the cry of my hate,
The cries in the dark that nobody hears,
Here where I stand at the turning of the years?

If there's another way to go
I missed it twenty long years ago
My life was a war that could never be won
They gave me a number and murdered Tony72
When they chained me and left me for dead
Just for sending threats to some mods

Yet why did I allow that man
To touch my soul and teach me love?
He treated me like any other
He gave me his trust
He called me brother
My life he claims for God above
Can such things be?
For I had come to hate the world
This world that always hated me

Take an eye for an eye!
Turn your heart into stone!
This is all I have lived for!
This is all I have known!

One word from him and I'd be back
Beneath the lash, upon the rack
Instead he offers me my freedom
I feel my shame inside me like a knife
He told me that I have a soul,
How does he know?
What spirit comes to move my life?
Is there another way to go?

I am reaching, but I fall
And the night is closing in
And I stare into the void
To the whirlpool of my sin
I'll escape now from the world
From the world of Tony72/Unbreakable/Tyler Durden
Tony72/Unbreakable/Tyler Durden is nothing now
Another alt must begin!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Mr. Fed

Post by Mr. Fed »

Siljanus, you rock, but I just want to point out that when you modify show tunes to reflect political struggles on computer-gaming related internet forums, there's a substantial danger you'll open a vortext in the geek-time continuum, exposing everyone here to the possibility of getting sucked in and spending eternity playing Magic: The Gathering at a cosplayer convention. :shock:
gellar

Post by gellar »

Mookee wrote:
loc-nar wrote:I just want to go on record as saying that since I public stated that I don't believe Unbreakable is Tony72, I have guaranteed the existence of damning evidence to the contrary.
:)

Loc, please start giving me your football picks so I can bet on the opposite. Thank you, sir.
Beautifully done.

gellar
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What if you have already spent entire weeks at Denny's leading up to a convention playing Magic, so you could be ready to play magic all weekend at the convention.

We had a tag team room going which we might leave individually for 8 hours at a pop to either sleep or work or bathe or school, though we would rarely make enough time to do more than one while we were away.

Ah.....as we desparately tried to collect Plague Rats to build a deck that could exponentiate quickly, never really realizing the power of the lightning bolt or even direct damage, in general. Sleep was for the dead and coffee for the living.

However, this geek hates show tunes (and filking, blech). As I watch fellow geeks watching Grease and believing they can sing kareoke, I am much happier knowing that I will see the real thing tonight at the Social Distortion concert.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Mr. Fed wrote:Siljanus, you rock, but I just want to point out that when you modify show tunes to reflect political struggles on computer-gaming related internet forums, there's a substantial danger you'll open a vortext in the geek-time continuum, exposing everyone here to the possibility of getting sucked in and spending eternity playing Magic: The Gathering at a cosplayer convention. :shock:
blushes Thank you sir. My larger project was to lay out all the evidence against Unbreakable/Tony72/Tyler Durden/Second gunman in the bushes using various satellite photos and other pics from the web, culminating in a ridiculous organizational flow chart. But this was quicker. :)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Mookee wrote:Loc, please start giving me your football picks so I can bet on the opposite. Thank you, sir.
Among other things, I would hope that Unbreakable admitting his identity in IRC tonight was enough evidence to sway any remaining Undecideds.
Where'd he do this? I feel so un-elitisteded. :cry:
GuidoTKP

Post by GuidoTKP »

Mr. Fed wrote:Siljanus, you rock, but I just want to point out that when you modify show tunes to reflect political struggles on computer-gaming related internet forums, there's a substantial danger you'll open a vortext in the geek-time continuum, exposing everyone here to the possibility of getting sucked in and spending eternity playing Magic: The Gathering at a cosplayer convention. :shock:
Thanks, dude. I've been waiting for you to hook me up with a new sig ....
Odin

Post by Odin »

Dirt wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote:
Where'd he do this? I feel so un-elitisteded. :cry:
IRC: Fefnet
Channel: #gonegold
Password: Brutesquad
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Dirt wrote:Where'd he do this? I feel so un-elitisteded. :cry:
Actually, I have to retract that. He did *not* admit his identity, but rather responded to the outing of his amazon wishlist claiming that his twin brother created the wishlist three years ago to buy him gifts using his own (Unbreakable's) credit card.

This mystery went unresolved for 3 years because he failed to open his credit card bills in that time. :shock:

Anyhoo - as I understand it, this mystery has no ending, as his last remaining avenue of communication has been silenced by the PTB at #gg.

One point to note in his defense - he does indeed live with his twin brother, Mike. He wasn't lying about that. Despite how ridiculous it sounded when he claimed it.

But he still had no answer for why his twin brother would create an amazon wishlist three years ago using the tony72 handle.

I mean, how many unemployed Tony's from Chicago that are 32 years old and have a twin brother named Mike are really posting here?

Even when given a chance to come clean he couldn't do it. That's plain sad.
Make up bags of change
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

In the spirit of the mods picking my graphics instead of dealing with this, I'm going to reveal that yes, there was a full admission in IRC.

Let's talk about something else now.
Mookee

Post by Mookee »

RunningMn9 wrote:
Dirt wrote:Where'd he do this? I feel so un-elitisteded. :cry:
Actually, I have to retract that. He did *not* admit his identity, but rather responded to the outing of his amazon wishlist claiming that his twin brother created the wishlist three years ago to buy him gifts using his own (Unbreakable's) credit card.

This mystery went unresolved for 3 years because he failed to open his credit card bills in that time. :shock:

Anyhoo - as I understand it, this mystery has no ending, as his last remaining avenue of communication has been silenced by the PTB at #gg.
Nope, he came back after that and flat-out admitted that he was busted.

Edit - yeah, what Kratz said.
gellar

Post by gellar »

Kratz wrote:In the spirit of the mods picking my graphics instead of dealing with this, I'm going to reveal that yes, there was a full admission in IRC.

boobies?
OMGHI2U
"I guess we're all retarded except you Gellar." - Kobra
"I'm already doomed to the seventh level of hell. If you think I wouldn't kill a person of my choosing for $50 mil, you obviously have no clue just how expensive my taste in shoes really is." - setaside
#gonegold brutesquad
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Kratz wrote:In the spirit of the mods picking my graphics instead of dealing with this, I'm going to reveal that yes, there was a full admission in IRC.

Ahh, good then. That's not so sad, if he finally admitted it to you guys.

What do you want to talk about? Particle physics?
Make up bags of change
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Kratz wrote: Let's talk about something else now.
RunningMn9 wrote: What do you want to talk about? Particle physics?
gellar wrote: boobies?
Gee, I don't know... that's a tough call... which to pick, which to pick...
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Particle physics?
Is that looking for patterns in how crumbs fall off your toast?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Gee, I don't know... that's a tough call... which to pick, which to pick...
Not really all discussion of Boobies will do is make me want to go the bar and spend $8 plus tip for beer.

Lets talk about something else.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
The Evil Dead

Post by The Evil Dead »

"I am not amused."
Listen to the Eels
noun

Post by noun »

I propose a compromise: boobie physics!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

So who are we gonna get to jump and down?
Meghan

Post by Meghan »

boobie physics? I'm there!
Boobies are plunge divers and their dive is spectacular. When they spot fish, from 30-50 feet in the air, they power-dive, beak-down into the water, folding their wings back only at the last minute disappearing for several seconds and then bobbing up to the surface. Blue-footed boobies dive in remarkably shallow water, and they use their large tails to pull themselves out of the dive. One usually sees individual birds fishing, but it is not at all uncommon to see a small group of boobies flying in formation, heads down, looking for fish. Occasionally one can see large flocks of boobies fishing together. Amasa Delano, a yankee sea captain who visited the islands in 1801 described such a sight:

There is another remarkable bird found here which has not before been described. It is called the diver. They resemble the small kind of booby, and something similar to the kind which is described at the Lobas Islands, called Bonaparte's army, excepting they are of rather a darker colour on the breast and neck, and their beaks and feet are of a prussion blue. These birds collect together in small flocks for the purpose of diving. They fly round in a circle and continue to rise till they get to the height of from sixty to a hunmdred yards in the air, when one of them makes a pitch to dive, at which motion everyone follows. They fly down with remarkable swiftness till within four or five yards of the surface, and then suddenly clasp their wings together and go into the water with the greatest velocity that can be conceived of, exceeding anything of the kind that I ever witnessed. This bird should be contrasted with the pelican. They go into the water with such force as to form a curve of thirty or forty yards in length, before coming to the top again, going to a great depth under water. They glide under water at almost as great a degree of swiftness as when flying in the air. The water was so very transparent where the ship lay, that they could plainly be seen during their submarine course.

what?
If I ventured in the slipstream / between the viaducts of your dream

aka merneith, aka kylhwch
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

gellar wrote:

boobies?
Where's the pic?
Eduardo X

Post by Eduardo X »

BOOOBIES!
ohh and here is your rolly eyes you lost em. :roll:
-AttAdude
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

In other news, Unbreakable has been banned on the IRC channel too. The glorious circumstances can be found here.

Yes, I'm a bastard.
Insert witty comment here.
Kratz

Post by Kratz »

Yeah, welcome to four fuckin' hours ago, jerkoff.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

TiLT wrote:In other news, Unbreakable has been banned on the IRC channel too.
Why? Also, I want proof.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

Your proof is in the link, smartass. :p

I stand by my posts in this thread. Regardless of whether Unbreakable was tony72 or not, a proper explanation of the banning was in order, both to him and to the rest of us.
geezer

Post by geezer »

TiLT wrote:Your proof is in the link, smartass. :p

I stand by my posts in this thread. Regardless of whether Unbreakable was tony72 or not, a proper explanation of the banning was in order, both to him and to the rest of us.
1) What is IRC?
2) I fail to see why the site owners need to justify their actions to you. Or me. Or anyone actually.
Rip

Post by Rip »

TiLT wrote:In other news, Unbreakable has been banned on the IRC channel too. The glorious circumstances can be found here.

Yes, I'm a bastard.
Wow, and after you guys give us a ration about not treating people with respect when we ban them. Man you guys are vicious! I'm very happy the private mod discussions here are conducted professionally.

I would be very embarassed to have someone see a conversation that I was involved to be conducted at such a juvenile level.

Note to self...stay off IRC unless you are investigating somebody :shock:
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
TiLT

Post by TiLT »

You need to read this thread more closely. EVERYONE gets made fun of at #gonegold. Notice how I kicked Orpheo during that short log, for example. I've kicked two other people today too, and they love it. Or so they tell me when they worship at my feet.

It's all about being upfront. You guys told Unbreakable that "You're not welcome, for reasons you already know. Shoo!", while we said "You're not welcome. Here are the reasons (not necessarily apparent in the log, I might add. The reasons built up over several days). You've got a chance to explain yourself, otherwise you can piss off."

Personally, I like the second version.