The Art of the Donald Trumpocalypse

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Rip

Re: The Art of the Donald Trump Sideshow

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:But you don't deny that one of your issues with Hillary is the way she looks?
Here, is this better?

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I'll just leave this here:

Rip

Post by Rip »

For the first time this year, Donald Trump tops a state poll of GOP presidential candidates in Florida.

A St. Pete Polls survey released on Wednesday shows the New York businessman with 26 percent support, with Jeb Bush in second place with 20 percent.
http://www.saintpetersblog.com/archives/236488

:law-policered:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It's Florida. Why is that a surprise? Teasing alligators with a Twixt bar is a favorite past time.
He won. Period.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote:It's Florida. Why is that a surprise? Teasing alligators with a Twixt bar is a favorite past time.

Just seems like a longshot to win POTUS if you can't even win a primary in the state you are Governor of.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

More from the files of "you're fired"

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/k ... 20752.html
tgb

Post by tgb »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I'll just leave this here:

I'll see your McCarthy and raise you one Costello.

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Hmmm. Well played, sir, well played indeed.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Hmmm. Well played, sir, well played indeed.
Thank you.

You know, these guys running for president these days sure have funny names. Take the Demacatratic nominee, for instance, Heeza Krook.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I increasingly think that Trump is not doing this as a PR stunt, but out of a genuine desire to be President. I also increasingly think that he is borderline mentally ill.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I think he may be serious too. He's the blowhard who genuinely believes his ideas are better than anyone else's, but he actually has enough money to try to prove it. The controversies are costing him some business, but he has lost money before, and he won't lose enough here to actually feel it.

This must be terrific for him. He has always been rich and he has always been mocked for his pretensions. Now he finds himself still rich and still mocked but also regarded by a huge chunk of Republicans as the right choice to lead the Free World. If you're Trump's ego, there's no downside.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Who are all these people supporting him though, voting for him in the polls?

I would be SHOCKED if I knew one person that I could ask about D Trump, and they would say "He's awesome". I know the polls aren't asking that, and it may be a case of the lesser evil for some, but good lord, if I found out that someone I know supports that cocky, comical buffoon, I would lose any respect I had for them, immediately.

I can think of no other candidate (maybe Cruz) that could do more potential harm to our country than that douchebag.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Rip wrote:
hepcat wrote:But you don't deny that one of your issues with Hillary is the way she looks?
Here, is this better?

I'll be in my bunk.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Who are all these people supporting him though, voting for him in the polls?

I would be SHOCKED if I knew one person that I could ask about D Trump, and they would say "He's awesome". I know the polls aren't asking that, and it may be a case of the lesser evil for some, but good lord, if I found out that someone I know supports that cocky, comical buffoon, I would lose any respect I had for them, immediately.

I can think of no other candidate (maybe Cruz) that could do more potential harm to our country than that douchebag.
Remember how, pre-internet, voters were notoriously short-sighted and could never remember candidate's positions from one election year to the next? And how people could only go by what candidates were saying, and there was no such thing as a fact-checker section in major newspapers? The people voting for Trump are still short-sighted, never bother doing research on candidates positions (even when it's just typing "Trump lies" on Google), never bother reading the fact-checker sections, and in general live as though information and facts are hard to come by, much less look up.

These are the people voting for Trump.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I still suspect that there's a kind of early polling phase in which many people are more willing to support the extremes. The convention is still a year away; electability isn't a factor at all. Someone like Trump polls well because right-wingers approve of his strong positions, not because they hope to give him the nomination next summer.

In 2011 Herman Cain, Rick Perry, and Newt Gingrich had turns as the front runner. Michelle Bachmann and Ron Paul won important early straw polls. Even Rick Santorum briefly took the lead in Feb 2012 when he and Romney were basically the last men standing. In each case, the peak was a quick rise followed by a sharp fall, while Romney's numbers stayed steady and slowly gained as other candidates dropped away.

There are 16 not-Trump candidates dividing the rest of the vote. The strongest two or three of them have lots of time, lots of money, and at least a plausible claim to electability.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote:I increasingly think that Trump is not doing this as a PR stunt, but out of a genuine desire to be President. I also increasingly think that he is borderline mentally ill.
I think he does this for the PR, but with an ego like his, and everyone calling him a joke 2 elections in a row, suddenly he's out to prove everyone wrong, and he *could* be president if he really wanted to be.

Which is borderline insane, I guess.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Reagan was taken as a joke when he first ran as well.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan. He is nowhere near as corrupt.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I think I detect fear. hahaha :wink:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

tgb wrote:Reagan was taken as a joke when he first ran as well.
He was the first presidential candidate I saw live. I was in the band playing for a rally. He gave us a nice complement. That, combined with the fact that NOBODY was happy with Jimmy Carter, got my vote.

Ironically, Jimmy Carter has been the most awesome ex-president in my lifetime.
Black Lives Matter
Rip

Post by Rip »

Jaymann wrote:Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan. He is nowhere near as corrupt.
Give him 8 years as POTUS and see if you can say that.

:twisted:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Heartwarming: When This Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Wanted To Run For President, Thousands Got Together And Made It Happen
Life hasn’t been easy for Donald Trump. Though he’s only 6 years old, he’s already faced a lifetime of hardship as the result of a rare terminal disease that has left him in hospitals for much of his young life. With disturbingly yellow skin pigmentation, a prematurely deepened voice caused by thyroid abnormalities, and a grotesquely enlarged head due to cerebrospinal fluid accumulation, he will never have a chance at a normal childhood. And, sadly, doctors believe that he won’t live much longer.

But Donald doesn’t want you to feel sorry for him. Nope. What he really wants is for you to vote for him.

Believe it or not, little Donald is running for president of the United States, and thanks to thousands of kindhearted people around the country who are committed to helping him live out his dream, he’s been making a big splash on the campaign trail.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote:
Jaymann wrote:Donald Trump is no Ronald Reagan. He is nowhere near as corrupt.
Give him 8 years as POTUS and see if you can say that.

:twisted:
I give him 8 minutes.
He won. Period.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Ironic racism courtesy of Kelly Osbourne.
:pop:
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is what happens when you shoot for Daily Show humor and end up in the realm of Tosh.0.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote:Heartwarming: When This Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Wanted To Run For President, Thousands Got Together And Made It Happen
Life hasn’t been easy for Donald Trump. Though he’s only 6 years old, he’s already faced a lifetime of hardship as the result of a rare terminal disease that has left him in hospitals for much of his young life. With disturbingly yellow skin pigmentation, a prematurely deepened voice caused by thyroid abnormalities, and a grotesquely enlarged head due to cerebrospinal fluid accumulation, he will never have a chance at a normal childhood. And, sadly, doctors believe that he won’t live much longer.

But Donald doesn’t want you to feel sorry for him. Nope. What he really wants is for you to vote for him.

Believe it or not, little Donald is running for president of the United States, and thanks to thousands of kindhearted people around the country who are committed to helping him live out his dream, he’s been making a big splash on the campaign trail.
This is the best part:
So, on June 16, Donald—wearing a suit and a red tie, just like a real politician—officially announced his candidacy in a long and delightful speech, in which he laid out his vision for the country. He said that he wanted to build a giant wall around the U.S. to keep the bad guys out, and he expressed a desire to build bridges that are bigger than the big bridges they have in China. He also revealed that he knew how to beat ISIS, and he promised to make America better and stronger than ever.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LordMortis wrote:
This is what happens when you shoot for Daily Show humor and end up in the realm of Tosh.0.
In her defense, Kelly Osbourne is an idiot.

...wait...that's not a defense.
He won. Period.
tgb

Post by tgb »

hepcat wrote:
LordMortis wrote:
In her defense, Kelly Osbourne is an idiot.

...wait...that's not a defense.
It is if you believe in nature over nurture.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

A reminder that Bill Clinton is very good at politics:
Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape.
"Gosh, Donald, I think you're just what this country needs. Go for it!"
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

AWS260 wrote:A reminder that Bill Clinton is very good at politics:
Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape.
"Gosh, Donald, I think you're just what this country needs. Go for it!"
"Oh, no, I wouldn't worry about the Latino vote."
Black Lives Matter.
Rip

Post by Rip »

In an appearance on MSNBC's Hardball Wednesday evening former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) praised Donald Trump, saying he has a little bit of Reagan in him.

"First of all, he's not a Roman candle," Giuliani told host Chris Matthews. "This is a very smart guy. This is a person who is media savvy in ways that some of the other candidates aren't. And he's a lot more substantive than you realize. I've know Donald 25 years. Meaning, he understands a lot of the world issues with a lot more depth than you probably realize."

"So we might have a little of a Ronald Reagan here, a guy they underestimate," Giuliani observed. "And in my particular case, I'm personal friends with five or six of them. And I have a hard time deciding who I'd like to see be president and I'm probably going to take a little while. But I expect Donald Trump is going to do pretty darn well tomorrow night."
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... night.html

:pop:
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Rip wrote:
"I've know Donald 25 years. Meaning, he understands a lot of the world issues with a lot more depth than you probably realize."
That's not what knowing someone for 25 years means, actually, Rude Dog.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

"Not a roman candle"? Google tells me that a roman candle is a type of firework.

So...Trump is not a firework? I guess that's good, insofar as I do not believe that fireworks are constitutionally eligible to be president.
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote:"Not a roman candle"? Google tells me that a roman candle is a type of firework.

So...Trump is not a firework? I guess that's good, insofar as I do not believe that fireworks are constitutionally eligible to be president.
Can he prove that he was not born a roman candle? I'm just asking for proof.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It feels like the hours before the last episode of The Sopranos. Anything...and I mean ANYTHING can happen tonight. I'm just all giddy with excitement.

Unfortunately, I get the feeling it will also end like the last episode of The Sopranos. :cry:
He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LawBeefaroni wrote:
El Guapo wrote:"Not a roman candle"? Google tells me that a roman candle is a type of firework.

Can he prove that he was not born a roman candle? I'm just asking for proof.
You're not going to believe this, but I can't find a single instance where Trump has denied being born a roman candle. What is he hiding?
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Unfortunately, I get the feeling it will also end like the last episode of The Sopranos. :cry:
I don't know. If they end the debate with "Don't Stop Believin'" I'll probably be overjoyed.

MYT
Laura

Post by Laura »

Is there any way to watch tonight's debate if I don't have cable? I've looked around and not found anything. I think it might be amusing to watch live, but looks like I will just have to watch available replays
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

If you know someone that will lend you their cable login, you could view it online.
It's almost as if people are the problem.