Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

New mouse time

For general computer discussion & help, come here

Moderators: EvilHomer3k, Bakhtosh

Rumpy

Re: New mouse time

Post by Rumpy »

gilraen wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:46 pm
Rumpy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:24 am Good mouse wheels are underrated. My previous mouse wheel was amazing. It just seems these manufacturers don't count a good mouse wheel as a feature. The mouse wheel on the MX 518 makes me hesitate whenever I click the wheel. It doesn't feel great and makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong to it.
I've been using MX510 for years now. I have 2 of them - one for personal computer, one for work. The one used for the personal computer (gaming) - the scrolling wheel doesn't click properly anymore. It will register sometimes but only when the wheel is in some specific position (it's friction scrolling). So I switched the two, so I use the with the broken wheel for work. I also try to map all my gaming stuff now so it uses the wheel click as little as possible.

I've tried using a Havic vertical mouse, which helped with some wrist overuse pain issues on the outside of the wrist but cause other pain issues on the inside. So I'm mostly just sticking with the Logitechs.
My problem with Logitech's friction scrolling is that it doesn't feel smooth. It feels more like something an older mouse would begin to do, not a new one.
PC:
Intel DH55PJ
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti
prodigit33

Post by prodigit33 »

good information...about spam!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Didn't really like how the MX 518 fit with my hand. Its profile had too much of an arc for them, and it would the glossy finish get sticky via regular use (Get your minds out of the gutter, guys!"). With stores having opened back up on Friday, I went into Best Buy today and picked up a Corsair Katar Pro XT. Much better mouse, IMHO. Its slimmer profile feels more comfortable, and it's got a really nice long braided cord.
PC:
Intel DH55PJ
Intel i5 660
8GB RAM
Asus ROG 4GB 1050Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been having some ulnar nerve problems lately (likely cubital tunnel.) I've decided to try an Anker wireless vertical mouse with my laptop to take some of the pressure off of the nerves from using a traditional mouse. I'm still using a traditional mouse on my gaming system, but I have more control over my ergonomics at my desk than when I'm sitting in my recliner with a chair-arm mouspad. In the recliner I just can't move my arm far enough forward without running out of arm rest, and the 90-degree angle plus the wrist twist isn't doing me any favors. It's not the source of the problem (I think it is mostly cause by my sleeping position - I'm a side sleeper and fold my arm under my head), but it's one of the things that's aggravating it.

Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Kraken wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 12:35 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:07 pm I still swear by the Logitech MX Master 3.
I'll look at that, thanks. My company will definitely buy it for me.
Kraken Enterprises bought me this mouse and I've been using it for a week. It's definitely a nice-feeling mouse, very responsive and precise. IDK if it was worth $100, but I haven't tried any of its advanced features. If I'm still happy with it a few years from now, it was worth the bucks.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Thumb press task switching is awesome, as is forward/back navigation with the small buttons.

I'm glad, at least to start, that I didn't steer you wrong.
Black Lives Matter

10% real fruit juice, motherfuckers!!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I need to avoid booking a profit for tax reasons, so expenses are welcome at this point. I think the company needs to spend some of its untaxed dollars on a monitor and keyboard next. I basically want to turn my laptop into a desktop...but not in the mouse thread.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:56 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:52 pm 20 months later, the OMEN mouse is still working just fine - no problems and it's comfortable enough. i am considering taking it apart to remove/disable the red LED.
34 months from purchase (has it been almost three years now?? i guess so), some of the texturized rubber where my thumb usually rests is worn down, but the mouse still operates like new - this is how peripherals should be, compared to that Razer piece of crap that died in eight months.
finally downloaded the control software for this mouse. found out you can change the lighting color and effects, so i chose a purple/green combination and turned the brightness waaaaay down. also found that there was a firmware update for it - that's a first (i was at first shocked because after the update and unplugging/replugging, the mouse completely stopped working. another plugging cycle fixed that.)