Presidential Primary Debates

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Presidential Primary Debates

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Good point! I should refuse to vote unless everyone in this thread sends me $5 apiece.
I am now tempted to switch my vote to you for solicitation.
And now we are back to the question, do you really understand how the American political system works? We may have a separation of church and state, but we do not have a separation of capitalism and politics.

Mr. Vorret, do you have a response to our colleagues allegations that you do not understand what bacon is? How absolutely necessary it is to American tastebuds across this great nation of ours? How our family values are threatened by faux products from that country up North trying to infiltrate what is best about American Cuisine? We demand answers, Mr. Vorret! Do you hear me, answers!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Good point! I should refuse to vote unless everyone in this thread sends me $5 apiece.
I am now tempted to switch my vote to you for solicitation.
And now we are back to the question, do you really understand how the American political system works? We may have a separation of church and state, but we do not have a separation of capitalism and politics.

Mr. Vorret, do you have a response to our colleagues allegations that you do not understand what bacon is? How absolutely necessary it is to American tastebuds across this great nation of ours? How our family values are threatened by faux products from that country up North trying to infiltrate what is best about American Cuisine? We demand answers, Mr. Vorret! Do you hear me, answers!
I shall provide the answer in the form if images :

The most amazing thing ever :

WTF is this shit? :

Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

So wait a second. Are you people for or against Canadian bacon? Is that something you people like?

I'm all for it. Unless you people hate it. Uhhh
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Scoop20906 wrote:So wait a second. Are you people for or against Canadian bacon? Is that something you people like?

Just say NO to Canadian bacon, Canadian football and mostly to Canadian hockey..... :horse:
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RevHempus71 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:So wait a second. Are you people for or against Canadian bacon? Is that something you people like?

and mostly to Canadian hockey..... :horse:
Say what now?

remove Isgrim 

Rev 

Isgrimnur wrote:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Vorret wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:

Say what now?

remove Isgrim 

Rev 

RED WINGS FOR LIFE!!!
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Everyone here loves the Bruins, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

RevHempus71 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
RevHempus71 wrote:

Say what now?

remove Isgrim 

Rev 

RED WINGS FOR LIFE!!!
You're living in the past!
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

You people love Hockey? Hockey is the most American sport there is. In my youth me and my young American friends would run out into our wheat fields and play hockey. It helped me develop strong American values like freedom and freedom and uh freedom.

FREEDOM!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

(You nailed that Scoop)

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote:You people love Hockey? Hockey is the most American sport there is. In my youth me and my young American friends would run out into our wheat fields and play hockey. It helped me develop strong American values like freedom and freedom and uh freedom.

FREEDOM!
We're in a democratic debate, so you also need to start railing against corporate power a bit.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Oh, Mr. Vorret. It saddens me greatly to see you put a picture of "Canadian Bacon" up when true Americans all know it is ham. And what the hell is the 12% solution anyway? It is not even natural. That is why you have to go. I am sorry, Mr. Vorret, but the Americans, the true bacon lovers of this great nation, have spoken.

Vorret 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Votes Received
(1) RevHempus71: El Guapo, Lassr, Vorret
(0) Lassr : Semaj, Remus West, RevHempus71
(1) Semaj: Scoop20906, Newcastle
(1) El Guapo: Newcastle
(1) Chaosraven: RMC
(1) Scoop20906: Grundbegriff
(1) Remus West: bb2112
(1) Newcastle: Semaj
(7) Vorret: Remus West, RevHempus71, Isgrimnur, El Guapo, Lassr, RMC, bb2112
(1) Isgrimnur: Vorret

A majority of 7 votes has been reached. The debate is adjourned.
Last edited by Moliere on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Vorret has been voted out of the debate. While walking out of the debate hall the other candidates start throwing bits of Canadian bacon at him. “Get out you hockey loving, moose riding, foreigner!”

Vorret takes one last look back and says “At least I’m no stinkin’ Republican, eh.”

It's now Night 1. Named candidates, send me your night orders.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:binky: :binky: :binky: DAMN YOU BACON AND HOCKEY :binky: :binky: :binky:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So this where we start singing "blame canada"...i think someone just found their scooping ability. I actually dont like how quick that vote went down.

Lassr and rmc need a scan in my books...big hint there for ya berndog

Oh for the record....i love...i repeat love canadian bacon.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

El Guapo wrote:Everyone here loves the Bruins, right?
at one time the Bruins was my team ( i even have a jersey at home) until the south started getting some teams. Now it's the Lightning or Predators that I pull for.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:So this where we start singing "blame canada"...i think someone just found their scooping ability. I actually dont like how quick that vote went down.

Lassr and rmc need a scan in my books...big hint there for ya berndog

Oh for the record....i love...i repeat love canadian bacon.
I'd say scan me if you think I will live long enough to do any good.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:Oh, Mr. Vorret. It saddens me greatly to see you put a picture of "Canadian Bacon" up when true Americans all know it is ham. And what the hell is the 12% solution anyway? It is not even natural. That is why you have to go. I am sorry, Mr. Vorret, but the Americans, the true bacon lovers of this great nation, have spoken.

Vorret 

Did you intend to cast the killing vote here?
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Oh, Mr. Vorret. It saddens me greatly to see you put a picture of "Canadian Bacon" up when true Americans all know it is ham. And what the hell is the 12% solution anyway? It is not even natural. That is why you have to go. I am sorry, Mr. Vorret, but the Americans, the true bacon lovers of this great nation, have spoken.

Vorret 

Absolutely. Vorret responded several times and never claimed a role. I figure worst case scenario we kill an unnamed Dem, but more importantly for 2 games in a row we do not out our seer on day 1. For OO this could be considered a win, and maybe even a record.

And a big thank you to Scoop and Newcastle for not scooping Vorret until Vorret had a chance to respond. :D
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
El Guapo wrote:

Vorret 

Absolutely. Vorret responded several times and never claimed a role. I figure worst case scenario we kill an unnamed Dem, but more importantly for 2 games in a row we do not out our seer on day 1. For OO this could be considered a win, and maybe even a record.

And a big thank you to Scoop and Newcastle for not scooping Vorret until Vorret had a chance to respond. :D
I don't think that we should assume that he wasn't a special. Yes, he posted twice (over a couple hours) while at n-6 and didn't claim a role, but he didn't deny it either. It's possible that he was reluctant to out himself (and risk immediate Ben-stabbing).

I mean, he *probably* wasn't a special, but we don't really know for sure. At least there's no mortician-type role available to the Republicans, otherwise that would be especially dangerous.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Moliere wrote: (7) Vorret: Remus West, RevHempus71, Vorret, El Guapo, Lassr, RMC, bb2112.
I just noticed this and got semi-worried that we had a phantom anti-Vorret vote mixed in. Turns out that Moliere just wrote "Vorret" instead of "Isgrimnur", though.
Black Lives Matter.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I really need to sleep less goofy hours....

You guys are so lucky I work at a bar... :P
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So day 1 we have very, very silent participation from CR, Remus & Grund....and instead we lurch toward a ham handed, porked up operation of attacking someone simply because they have loose affiliation with a superior product than bacon? I thought there were only 3 republicans we have uncover, not 7!

Wait, wait...the bacon lobby is calling me

/checks his campaign PAC app
/sees the Bacon-Bacon pac donate 10K

"Did I mention that I love bacon?"
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:
I don't think that we should assume that he wasn't a special. Yes, he posted twice (over a couple hours) while at n-6 and didn't claim a role, but he didn't deny it either. It's possible that he was reluctant to out himself (and risk immediate Ben-stabbing).

I mean, he *probably* wasn't a special, but we don't really know for sure. At least there's no mortician-type role available to the Republicans, otherwise that would be especially dangerous.
You are right in the fact that we don't know 100% if he wasn't a special since he didn't say he wasn't, but using that logic, we couldn't also 100% trust what he said if he was trying to misdirect by explicitly saying he wasn't a special. Either way it wouldn't be 100% proven. The only thing we do know for sure, is he was at N-1 and didn't volunteer anything useful to the village when he commented. This means to me that he most likely wasn't a special. Either that or he blew a big chance to help the village. With both Newcastle and Scoop in play, it is pretty dangerous to hang out there at N-1 for any length of time and would be a poor decision to not give information if you have it under those circumstances.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Anyone else find it odd both of them were on and neither finished it when he was at n-1?

I mean... I imagine there should be a contest between the two of them to see who gets more Vote-outs. Wagers made, ego's on the line, possible name calling for the one that kicks the other one from the debate.

*debates*

Also... I will, for sake of sanity assume Vorret wasn't a special. But I guess it was only a matter of time before we didn't get a special on day 1 or have to out our seer. As such I say kudos to all of us for not destroying the world just yet.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Semaj wrote:Anyone else find it odd both of them were on and neither finished it when he was at n-1?

I mean... I imagine there should be a contest between the two of them to see who gets more Vote-outs. Wagers made, ego's on the line, possible name calling for the one that kicks the other one from the debate.

*debates*

Also... I will, for sake of sanity assume Vorret wasn't a special. But I guess it was only a matter of time before we didn't get a special on day 1 or have to out our seer. As such I say kudos to all of us for not destroying the world just yet.
Are you talking bout the noscooping that occurred....welll id like to say I refrained from harsh lessons learned. Also its more fun when i can use it as a SURPRISE tactic ya know....when a game is stale...nah imma dissapointed in the speed in the lynch.
Bayraktar!!!!

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Presidential Debate participant found dead!

Early this morning the maid at the Airport Hyatt discovered the body of Chaosraven found stabbed multiple times. Strewn throughout the room were cutout pictures of pyramids. No motive or suspect has been determined. The public should report any suspicious activities to the local authorities.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Per the request of the voters, Day 2's debate will be Town Hall Meeting style. It's encouraged for non-participants to ask questions of the candidates. Dead participants are still dead and should wait to see if they get resurrected.

Participants
1) Chaosraven
2) Newcastle
3) Vorret
4) Scoop20906
5) Remus West
6) RMC
7) Lassr
8 ) Isgrimnur
9) bb2112
10) Semaj
11) El Guapo
12) Grundbegriff
13) RevHempus71

Votes Received

A majority of 6 votes is required.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lovely.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Moliere wrote:Strewn throughout the room were cutout pictures of pyramids.
These preliminary disaster reports have to be taken with a grain.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We need to stand firm against the terror of the Illuminati and the Bilderberg group. If not, we will be ripe pickings for the lizard people and the molemen.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:binky: :evil: :binky:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:Lovely.

and how are you feeling right now knowing that your nemesis was found dead today. Any comment Mr. West besides "Lovely"?

Black Lives Matter
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

CR, he gone.

Remus "lovely" ???

Me, I got nothing. Well, I did finally get to see the crazy canuck go first.... :lol:
RMC

Post by RMC »

Well someone has to do it:

Remus West 

Why? Because Remus is always a good vote! He is a transformer in disguise! I know it!
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Lassr wrote:

and how are you feeling right now knowing that your nemesis was found dead today. Any comment Mr. West besides "Lovely"?
Ok... This is eerily familiar...
RMC

Post by RMC »

bb2112 wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Ok... This is eerily familiar...
I thought Remus was your nemesis... Chaosraven always seemed more like your creepy uncle. Just sayin.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote::binky: :evil: :binky:
HA! This is too perfect. LOL. It sure makes Remus' head look pointy. Ok, so bad guys don't get any kind of scan for specials so they'd have no reason to frame Remus other than it being a great joke. At least we know someone on the the baddies has a sense of humor. And of course Remus could be a Rebubby.

Hmmmm.

I think I can feel good about this vote.

Remus West 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop puts on his best khakis flannel shirt and rolls up the sleeves to the best working man/man who has never done a day or menial labor in his life length.

"Ok, Scoop. Time to appeal to the workin man. Men who know what a hard days work is. Like the time my father made me spend 15 minutes in the mail room with "those" people. That 15 minutes taught me a workin man's values. How hard it is to make ends meet. I mean, it made me late for my squash match with the Westerlies. Jeez my dad is a prick. Oh, debate! Right, so lets see... Git er done. Family values. Discriminate against "those" people. Deflategate was a scientific certainty. That'll win these rubes over. Oh, working on the family farm. Right, I remember I once flew over it once in my jet and drafted a memo for migrants to wear more colorful hats. Yeah, dealing with "them" builds a man's character. RIGHT. Character. I got tons of that. Ok, Scoop, lets knock em dead."

"WHATS UP IOWA!!"