Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Sudy

Re: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Sudy »

I'm not sure if I 100% follow, but I think you can craft stuff even when you don't need it to complete an upgrade. So you're basically just combining lesser items in your inventory to use later. Why you'd want to do this, I have no idea. It's honestly quite clunky IMO.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

294-628-416
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Sudy Nym wrote:I'm not sure if I 100% follow, but I think you can craft stuff even when you don't need it to complete an upgrade. So you're basically just combining lesser items in your inventory to use later. Why you'd want to do this, I have no idea. It's honestly quite clunky IMO.
That's what I was afraid of. They shouldn't have a design where it prompts you to click the upgrade button, and it effectively does nothing (but depleted your upgrades). Boooo!
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Made level 40 and got to enter the Galactic War. I'm not sure what I expected but I'm not a huge fan of seeing my guys wear down while facing stronger and stronger fresh teams.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I usually only get through to the 7th or 8th battle. That's usually enough to pick up 300-500 of the currency for the day. Mrs. Nym almost beat one the other day, I have no idea how.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Madmarcus wrote:Made level 40 and got to enter the Galactic War. I'm not sure what I expected but I'm not a huge fan of seeing my guys wear down while facing stronger and stronger fresh teams.
But you can put in fresh teams, too! That's what I love about it. One of your guys getting beat to hell? Take him out and sub in another if you can't keep him healed. Use him in your"dregs team" at the end as you try to get as far as possible.

Lots of potential strategy here - do you start out with your A team, or your C team? Or a mix? I feel like I almost have to have at least one healer and a tank in every time, but I have tried it without as well...

I have gotten farthest by using my strongest and most balanced team first, as long as I could, then just filling in with my secondaries when an A-teamer bit it.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Pulled a Tarkin the other night! So have a full PvP squad of 4-stars now, together with him, Chewie, Phasma, Ventress, and Talia.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I can't believe I just now realized that almost every "table" has its own currency, with which you can buy shards! Good lord...how...convoluted. But yay for me upon discovering all those built up credits!

Arena Credits
Cantina Credits
Shipments credits (those are just crystals I guess)
Freaking Galactic War credits!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Yeah, it's almost a game in itself to figure out the currency and how to best spend it.

I'm level 38 so haven't quite gotten to Galactic War yet. Also, working on accumulating shards to get a 4 star character. Chewie is almost there and Fives is close behind.

Have you all dropped any money on this yet?
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Just the 7-day daily crystal pack, twice now.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Baroquen wrote:Have you all dropped any money on this yet?
:oops: :oops:
Yeah, about $10 in crystals, and man that does NOT go far at all. Will not be putting any more in.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

$5 on the 7 days of crystals thing. Worth it to get me enough crystals so that I could justify boosting my energy a couple of times. The result is I now have Darth Sideous a couple of days earlier than I thought I would.
Canuck

Post by Canuck »

I gave it a shot but I don't see myself playing any more. These kind of games just feel too much like work.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Madmarcus wrote:I now have Darth Sideous a couple of days earlier than I thought I would.
Ah, he is fantastic...I don't have an active one, but I almost always pick him as a "guest" ally or whatever they are called. So awesome. I would say as good as Dooku (at equivalent levels) but maybe a little sturdier. Dooku is very powerful, but pretty fragile.

Sidious also has the best animations in the game IMO.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

I'm fond of Dooku's lunge too.

I"m liking Sidious and he's got to be a beast in GW (anyone with a self heal is good there) but he don't seem to do as much damage as I expected even in gear level 4. On the other hand it is amazing what you can do when you can actually fill your Dark Side roster instead of being a man short every time.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Now add him to a team of Siths to get the multi Sith bonus and wreak pure havoc!
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Finished my first galactic war yesterday. Rotated my second healer in the middle rounds, and I think I got some lucky matches in the middle. Also, now that Chewie can heal himself, it makes his taunt more worthwhile. That "Fives" guy is dealing some nice damage now, with his attack/assist thing, and his counter attack ability.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I need an alternate healer to my Jedi Consular...he's just not enough at higher levels. Talia is ok, but she does take a hit to her health as well.
Cylus Maxii

Post by Cylus Maxii »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I need an alternate healer to my Jedi Consular...he's just not enough at higher levels. Talia is ok, but she does take a hit to her health as well.
Start grinding Luminara shards and Consular shards
My nephew, Jake - "I mean is there really anything more pure? Than sweet zombie monkey love?"
raydude

Post by raydude »

Anyone have any ideas on how I can tie a different account to star wars: galaxy on my ipad vs. my iphone? I've been playing on my iphone and my daughter wants to play her own game on my ipad but my ipad gamecenter account is currently the same as my iphone account so the ipad game shows the same game level and characters as my iphone.

Basically I want her to have her own game on the ipad and have her start from the tutorials.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Cylus Maxii wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:I need an alternate healer to my Jedi Consular...he's just not enough at higher levels. Talia is ok, but she does take a hit to her health as well.
I'm certainly grinding both of those currently.

I'm also experimenting with Talia combined with others who can do at least a little self healing (Chewbacca, Sidious, and Tano). Mostly it works but it can be touchy if I do need to use Talia's group heal. Another decent tank would be good but I don't have anyone else with a taunt.
Carpet_pissr

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes [mobile]

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I'm about 10 shards away from activating Luminara, but the healer I really want is Barriss Offee.

And speaking of taunting, Chewie is quite the tank, so he's great at absorbing damage, but you know who definitely should NOT be asking people to shoot at him? Poe freakin Damaron, that's who. Dude is made of glass.

I only use him when I have to because every time I use his special taunt ability, he gets ripped to shreds on that same turn or the turn after.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Cylus Maxii wrote:
I also see Old Daka recommended a lot as one of the best healers you can unlock relatively easily.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Ally code: 937-937-351
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This month's daily login rewards will net you 36 Cad Bane tokens by Day 30.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

wonderpug wrote:
Cylus Maxii wrote:
I also see Old Daka recommended a lot as one of the best healers you can unlock relatively easily.
Easily? She's got 80 shards...and I have 5/80 after playing to level 50. I assume it depends on RNG as to what characters you get easily or not, but I haven't yet delved into the meta on this game...not sure I want to spend that much...life essence on what is basically a casual, mobile game that tries really hard to get you to plunk down. :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You can "find" the hard missions that drop shards for a character on a random basis. I'd use my sim tickets there if there was someone that I was after. Even at 38, I'm still flailing about at random.

I have started not gearing everyone all at once, as there's a daily task to assign gear, and one to level a character, etc.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Started playing over the New Years holiday. Pretty fun. I'm desperately in need of some new heroes tho. I haven't had any luck on the bronzium packs or the data packs I bought. Should have saved the money and gotten the droid starter. I really need some more healer/support.

I'd love all of the Consular shards in the Jedi pack, but can't justify spending that much cash.

Ctrl-Alt-Del had a great comic the other day:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Oh, I meant to post this much earlier, and it's great advice for those who have not yet gotten too high in terms of level, but lay back on leveling your top characters. The one foray I took into the forums of this game gave me this tip.

i.e. do it balanced throughout your whole active roster, otherwise you will end up like me and hit a wall on the dark and light side battles (Cantina as well I think)...because I think the game takes your highest level character into account when modifying the difficulty level.

So stay low, character level wise, for as long as possible, upgrading your equipment and shards before actually leveling the characters.

I have not been able to advance in cantina, dark and light tables for a while because of the way I leveled my top 3-5 characters as quickly as possible.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Carpet_pissr wrote:
wonderpug wrote:
Cylus Maxii wrote:
Easily? She's got 80 shards...and I have 5/80 after playing to level 50. I assume it depends on RNG as to what characters you get easily or not, but I haven't yet delved into the meta on this game...not sure I want to spend that much...life essence on what is basically a casual, mobile game that tries really hard to get you to plunk down. :D
She's 'easy' to get because she's available through cantina shipments, so you can reliably grab 5 shards at a time every now and then and focus your cantina efforts on just getting her. The characters you can only get from hard mission shard drops are the slowest to grind, since you can only do 3 fights before you have to wait for a timer, and the shards aren't even guaranteed drops.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Carpet_pissr wrote:Oh, I meant to post this much earlier, and it's great advice for those who have not yet gotten too high in terms of level, but lay back on leveling your top characters. The one foray I took into the forums of this game gave me this tip.

i.e. do it balanced throughout your whole active roster, otherwise you will end up like me and hit a wall on the dark and light side battles (Cantina as well I think)...because I think the game takes your highest level character into account when modifying the difficulty level.

So stay low, character level wise, for as long as possible, upgrading your equipment and shards before actually leveling the characters.

I have not been able to advance in cantina, dark and light tables for a while because of the way I leveled my top 3-5 characters as quickly as possible.
There's 3 different kinds of leveling: training, gear, and stars (shards). Looks like you're saying to lay off the training.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

wonderpug wrote:
Carpet_pissr wrote:
wonderpug wrote:
Cylus Maxii wrote:
She's 'easy' to get because she's available through cantina shipments, so you can reliably grab 5 shards at a time every now and then and focus your cantina efforts on just getting her. The characters you can only get from hard mission shard drops are the slowest to grind, since you can only do 3 fights before you have to wait for a timer, and the shards aren't even guaranteed drops.
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying - if one focuses that way, I see what you mean.

I guess I also never noticed that the Cantina shipments always have the same characters.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Bakhtosh wrote:There's 3 different kinds of leveling: training, gear, and stars (shards). Looks like you're saying to lay off the training.
Correct. But not lay off completely - at some point to progress, you will have to train your characters to a minimum level.

But at least use any energy available for gear and stars first, and be careful WHO you train, and how you train your entire "team".

If you have a Count Dooku (tee hee!) trained to Level 53, and the next highest level team member is 38, you are going to have a tough time advancing very far on certain tables (not sure how many it affects - maybe all). From what I understand, the game sees your level 53 dude and scales the enemies to that level.

Unrelated: a PASS/DEFEND option would be most welcome when facing Count Dooku. I HATE "killing" my guy with a wee bit of health because of Dooku's auto-counter (primarily if he's the last one standing on the other side).
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Yeah, lack of a pass/defend option is a headache
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

First Order Tie Pilot is fantastic, even at lower levels. Wish I could trade in some of my crappier higher level characters for shards, knowing what I know now. My team would look quite different.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Carpet_pissr wrote:If you have a Count Dooku (tee hee!) trained to Level 53, and the next highest level team member is 38, you are going to have a tough time advancing very far on certain tables (not sure how many it affects - maybe all). From what I understand, the game sees your level 53 dude and scales the enemies to that level.
Which tables scale? I thought they all told you the levels of the enemies before you started the fight.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I don't think you can see the enemy levels ahead of where you are, so I suppose the next, locked fight could scale. Easy to check - are the enemy levels in your app the same as those in someone else's app.

I think the point is to not super-level one guy, but rather to bring your entire team up together.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

For the light/dark missions, each level generally has enemies one level higher than the last, Squad Arena seems purely based on your rank in that mode. Galactic War seems like it's always starting with the same difficulty level even though my guys are ranked much higher than when I first unlocked that mode.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Carpet_pissr wrote:I'm about 10 shards away from activating Luminara, but the healer I really want is Barriss Offee.
Yeah, her "equalizer" heal is devastating. But at least when facing her as sole healer I know I don't need to hold back my AOEs.
And speaking of taunting, Chewie is quite the tank, so he's great at absorbing damage, but you know who definitely should NOT be asking people to shoot at him? Poe freakin Damaron, that's who. Dude is made of glass.

Same for Stormtrooper (Empire). He's my fifth most powerful dark side character, but I frequently drop him from my parties for someone weaker since when auto-resolving he taunts every chance he gets and gets himself killed. Even when playing out battles, his abilities aren't much use. Perhaps in an all-Empire party, for the defensive buff.
wonderpug wrote:For the light/dark missions, each level generally has enemies one level higher than the last, Squad Arena seems purely based on your rank in that mode. Galactic War seems like it's always starting with the same difficulty level even though my guys are ranked much higher than when I first unlocked that mode.
My understanding is that Galactic War seems to scale to an extent, but that Squad Cantina and Light/Dark Side do not? There's some randomization of enemies faced, but their levels are shown up front.

Levelling a wide array of characters might help you beat Galactic War more consistently, but it won't help you win PvP in Squad Arena. Especially when training droids are fairly hard to come by unless you're plunking down cash for energy refills. I've focused more on developing my top 5 light and dark characters consistently. I can't say that's going particularly well, but I believe it's more due to a general lack of resources and not having the best party builds.