Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

T

Re: Gems of War (new F2P Match 3 by Puzzle Quest creator)

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:Well, to my own amazement I was actually able to accumulate another 500 gems without resorting to buying the daily gems. Now I have a tough decision. I already have the celestial armor. Should I also get the dragon armor now for the extra gold or should I use those 500 gems on gem chests? I could really use more legendary cards as I only have two. And I'm still missing some key ultra rares as well. On the other hand I'm leveling my kingdoms which takes a ton of gold. What would you do?
I bought the Dragon Armor with my first 500 gems, it's still the only one I have. Even before gold was used to update kingdoms, that was the suggested armor. Since you seem to collect gems fairly quickly, maybe go with the gem chests now to give you some troops and in a few months you'll have the armor.

One thing I must say about this game, I never feel pressure to spend money nor did I ever feel constrained by not spending it. I have paid money just to support the developers. And reading through the forums that seems the way others feel too. And if you're on Android, consider using the Google Rewards app where you earn Play Store credit for answering surveys, most which take a minute or less.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So lets talk treasure maps – I’ve fallen in love with this mode. It is so damn rewarding for a lowbie of my level. I’ve been able to nab at least one legendary and some rare & ultra rares from all the various rewards. I’ve also been able to massively level up my troops with the souls I’ve accumulated and the fountains of glory that are washing over me has enabled me to buy like 5 or so of the event boxes with venebarak…..I love this mode. Not only that, but its pretty damn fun also.

So it got me thinking what do people do in this mode? How well do they do and what kind of tips and tricks do they use as they go through it. Since I’ve started I’ll share mine.
Also how well do people do? Generally my breakdown is something like this 80% of the time I get 35-60 moves; 5% of the time under 30; 15% of the time 60-149 moves. I’ve been able to hit 120-140 moves about 4 times so far. Am curious to see how well people do.

So general strategies I’ve come across/developed–

1. Hit match 4 & 5 as priorities. Pretty much always grab a 5 match when it shows up. Because time and time again I try to play cute and save it and go for say a match 4, my match 5 gets destroyed.

2. Look at where you are color/loot wise on the map. Do you have a lot of gold and bronze but few silver? A lot of green chests and a lot of bronze coins? I try to see where the map is in terms of loot and try to work with what is primarily there. I also keep in mind how the moves I make will upgrade the loot boxes. I also will try to keep things together loot wise. Meaning, I will try to move as many of a lower coinage upward before hitting the big boys. This is more to upgrade as much as possible before cashing out the big boys.

4. Try to keep the bottom clear of the low value loot – ie bronze, silver and to a less degree gold. Sometimes I will try to move the red chests and green chests over to the side of the map and keep the center clear. This doesn’t work out too often, but the point being is keep the bottom and sides clear as much as possible of low value loot.

5. Work from the bottom up. Basically has a greater chance at moving things.

6. Sometimes I’ll save a a match 4 or 5 that is locked in the bottom part of the map in favor of working upward on the map…if I have match 4 or 5s…or even a 3 if it leads to a 4 or 5. The point being is try to maximize your moves before you do a gigantic board shake.

7. The big matches of 6-9 type of loot, try to avoid. I think that when you are presented with a large match, only do those 9 matches if it’s a lowbie coing (say brown); if it’s a green chest…I don’t think its worth it. Because you probably want 3 of the green chest upgrades rather than 1 or so.

I think that’s about it….what are yoru tips and tricks…and more important how well do you do?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

Newcastle wrote:So lets talk treasure maps – I’ve fallen in love with this mode. It is so damn rewarding for a lowbie of my level. I’ve been able to nab at least one legendary and some rare & ultra rares from all the various rewards. I’ve also been able to massively level up my troops with the souls I’ve accumulated and the fountains of glory that are washing over me has enabled me to buy like 5 or so of the event boxes with venebarak…..I love this mode. Not only that, but its pretty damn fun also.

So it got me thinking what do people do in this mode? How well do they do and what kind of tips and tricks do they use as they go through it. Since I’ve started I’ll share mine.
Also how well do people do? Generally my breakdown is something like this 80% of the time I get 35-60 moves; 5% of the time under 30; 15% of the time 60-149 moves. I’ve been able to hit 120-140 moves about 4 times so far. Am curious to see how well people do.

So general strategies I’ve come across/developed–

1. Hit match 4 & 5 as priorities. Pretty much always grab a 5 match when it shows up. Because time and time again I try to play cute and save it and go for say a match 4, my match 5 gets destroyed.

2. Look at where you are color/loot wise on the map. Do you have a lot of gold and bronze but few silver? A lot of green chests and a lot of bronze coins? I try to see where the map is in terms of loot and try to work with what is primarily there. I also keep in mind how the moves I make will upgrade the loot boxes. I also will try to keep things together loot wise. Meaning, I will try to move as many of a lower coinage upward before hitting the big boys. This is more to upgrade as much as possible before cashing out the big boys.

4. Try to keep the bottom clear of the low value loot – ie bronze, silver and to a less degree gold. Sometimes I will try to move the red chests and green chests over to the side of the map and keep the center clear. This doesn’t work out too often, but the point being is keep the bottom and sides clear as much as possible of low value loot.

5. Work from the bottom up. Basically has a greater chance at moving things.

6. Sometimes I’ll save a a match 4 or 5 that is locked in the bottom part of the map in favor of working upward on the map…if I have match 4 or 5s…or even a 3 if it leads to a 4 or 5. The point being is try to maximize your moves before you do a gigantic board shake.

7. The big matches of 6-9 type of loot, try to avoid. I think that when you are presented with a large match, only do those 9 matches if it’s a lowbie coing (say brown); if it’s a green chest…I don’t think its worth it. Because you probably want 3 of the green chest upgrades rather than 1 or so.

I think that’s about it….what are yoru tips and tricks…and more important how well do you do?
That sounds about right. I do take my 4 and 5 matches situationally. I try to avoid lower 4 and 5's if I have an upper 4 or 5 because you have 2 moves in hand if you take the upper but taking the lower seems to always waste the upper. When that situation doesnt exist, then yes always try to work the lower matches to get better cascades. I wasnt happy that they dropped the starting moves from 15 down to 10 (? it may be 8 cant remember ) but adding 1 trait stone per 15 moves more than makes up for it. Another thing I look for is lower 3 matches that can drop upper stuff into a 4 or 5 match.

Now that Im getting used to the changes, its become apparent I need to rethink my team composition. I can still power down most PVE battles I face but my team lacks bonuses because they are mixed kingdoms and races. I think Im going to work on an undead based team. Theres a lot of potential there.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
T

Post by T »

They lowered the map turns to 8 and increased the rewards because there were complaints it took too long for the rewards earned. I think they say it takes 20% or so less time. I agree, the treasure maps are fun.

I do a lot of what you guys mentioned. If there are no 4 or 5 matches I look for combos such as one match causing another match, sometimes these cause cascades that match 4 or 5.

This game is a lot more rewarding for the casual player than say MPQ. Not only the maps, but just belonging to a guild and logging in regularly can net you some great stuff. I assembled a decent roster, with 7 or 8 traited legendaries, when I wasn't actively playing for a few months just logging in daily. And with unlimited roster spots there is less pressure to play.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

T wrote:They lowered the map turns to 8 and increased the rewards because there were complaints it took too long for the rewards earned. I think they say it takes 20% or so less time. I agree, the treasure maps are fun.

I do a lot of what you guys mentioned. If there are no 4 or 5 matches I look for combos such as one match causing another match, sometimes these cause cascades that match 4 or 5.

This game is a lot more rewarding for the casual player than say MPQ. Not only the maps, but just belonging to a guild and logging in regularly can net you some great stuff. I assembled a decent roster, with 7 or 8 traited legendaries, when I wasn't actively playing for a few months just logging in daily. And with unlimited roster spots there is less pressure to play.
How do you have 7 or 8 traited legendaries, as a casual player? The trait stones they require are almost impossible to grind in as short a time as they have been out. Are you buying them, because thats the only way I can see to accomplish that. If theres some trick Im missing I would love to know it. I have one trait on one legendary and while I am playing somewhat casually, I still do far more than just log in daily.

Wanted to add a trend Ive noticed. Since it is so cheap to redraw a new PVP opponent it pays to drop tough ones and check out other teams. Do not be afraid to check out teams of higher level than you. Ive found that a lot of these guys are setting up really weak PVP defense teams. This allows weaker teams to attack them. They then retaliate against those teams, building up revenge wins and getting the bonuses from those. I havent tried it yet but I have adjusted my defense team to a weaker team to draw more attacks. We shall see how that works.
Well do you ever get the feeling that the story's too damn real and in the present tense?
Or that everybody's on the stage and it seems like you're the only person sitting in the audience?
T

Post by T »

rshetts2 wrote:
T wrote:They lowered the map turns to 8 and increased the rewards because there were complaints it took too long for the rewards earned. I think they say it takes 20% or so less time. I agree, the treasure maps are fun.

How do you have 7 or 8 traited legendaries, as a casual player? The trait stones they require are almost impossible to grind in as short a time as they have been out. Are you buying them, because thats the only way I can see to accomplish that. If theres some trick Im missing I would love to know it. I have one trait on one legendary and while I am playing somewhat casually, I still do far more than just log in daily.

Wanted to add a trend Ive noticed. Since it is so cheap to redraw a new PVP opponent it pays to drop tough ones and check out other teams. Do not be afraid to check out teams of higher level than you. Ive found that a lot of these guys are setting up really weak PVP defense teams. This allows weaker teams to attack them. They then retaliate against those teams, building up revenge wins and getting the bonuses from those. I havent tried it yet but I have adjusted my defense team to a weaker team to draw more attacks. We shall see how that works.
Sorry, I should have been more clear, my legendaries are not fully traited, maybe only one or two for them. I have regular troops at two and three traits. I did however get a lot of trait stones from the accumulated keys from the guild rewards.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

quick question re: ascension....i get that you can use extra copies to level up your troops...but what i am wondering is do the souls cost go up as well...say i have a lvl 1 common troop, if i bump it up to say rare, will the leveling costs from 1-15 go up as well to the "rare" fee level of souls? Or will it retain the common fee level of souls?

Oh hit 169 moves last night on treasure hunt....still loving that mode...just loving it. XP and leveling be damned!
Bayraktar!!!!

T

Post by T »

Newcastle wrote:quick question re: ascension....i get that you can use extra copies to level up your troops...but what i am wondering is do the souls cost go up as well...say i have a lvl 1 common troop, if i bump it up to say rare, will the leveling costs from 1-15 go up as well to the "rare" fee level of souls? Or will it retain the common fee level of souls?

Oh hit 169 moves last night on treasure hunt....still loving that mode...just loving it. XP and leveling be damned!
I could be wrong, but I believe leveling costs just increase as you level with souls. I don't think ascending troops adds a cost other than the cost for the extra levels you get.

Very impressive on the treasure map moves! My original thought was I'm not leveling my hero when playing maps, although I didn't think that you are leveling and ascending your troops. So, arguably equally as important as leveling your hero. I hope they add more mini-games as I enjoy them too. I wish MPQ had them.

Right now I am working on completing all the quests. I really want the daily gold bonus from each kingdom. That extra gold is invested in leveling my kingdoms and the guild which gives me more tribute, which is reinvested. Compound growth. Not to mention I just have to log in to get the gold.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

T wrote:
rshetts2 wrote:

Sorry, I should have been more clear, my legendaries are not fully traited, maybe only one or two for them. I have regular troops at two and three traits. I did however get a lot of trait stones from the accumulated keys from the guild rewards.
Well darn, I was hoping that there was actually some trick or tip to getting runic trait stones. Im having a tough time getting enough of them to advance my legendary traits.

I ran into another one of those weak PVP defense teams today. The hero was 40 levels higher than mine but his team consisted of 2 low level troops. Its nice to knock off a PVP battle in less than a minute.
T

Post by T »

If there is an easy way to get runic stones, I don't know what it is. The weekly event chests give high level stones, not that it's easy to get.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

"ElMealio" would like a guild invite.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

I have also noticed at lot of people fielding weak PvP teams once they hit rank 1. On my journey back up to Rank 1 yesterday I had 3 or 4 teams that were already rank 1 and were only fielding the hero with a weak weapon.
T

Post by T »

The Meal wrote:"ElMealio" would like a guild invite.
If Kelan doesn't show up here soon and add you, I will put in a request in the QT3 thread.
Kelan

Post by Kelan »

I forgot to post, but wrote a note down and sent an invite a couple hours ago, I believe.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Kelan wrote:I forgot to post, but wrote a note down and sent an invite a couple hours ago, I believe.
Thank you very much. Do I need to do anything more than contribute to the items in the "Tasks" list?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

The Meal wrote:
Kelan wrote:I forgot to post, but wrote a note down and sent an invite a couple hours ago, I believe.
Thank you very much. Do I need to do anything more than contribute to the items in the "Tasks" list?
As far as I can see, do what you can. If you just started, gold will probably be tight. I know I drop some gold here and there...but i slacked off recently due to leveling some of my kingdoms....for example...it cost 40K gold to go from 9 to 10 in a kingdom...keep that in mind.
Bayraktar!!!!

Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Is 10 the max for kingdom level or is there more? And is it worth it?
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Baroquen wrote:Is 10 the max for kingdom level or is there more? And is it worth it?
So far it is. It is worth it once you have the gold. I got one kingdom to 10 for the +1 magic bonus. I'm leveling the others equally now to boot tribute, I hope.
T

Post by T »

Baroquen wrote:Is 10 the max for kingdom level or is there more? And is it worth it?
It's worth it IMO for the stat bonuses alone, not to mention the tributes and mana proficiency bonuses. I think it's a good idea to get all kingdoms to level 4 as a starting point as it's not that much gold. I have all to 4 and one to 10 and I get a tribute almost every time I log in. And tributes reset every hour, so the more you log in the more you will get.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Still really liking this. I've gotten one kingdom to 10 and finally saved enough diamonds for Dragon Armor. Enjoying Pvp much more than challenges. Currently 117-10.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Nothing like having your internet and TV go out for 3 days. Now I have to start all over on the daily rewards. Comcast, how I hate thee ... :angry-cussingblack:
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:Nothing like having your internet and TV go out for 3 days. Now I have to start all over on the daily rewards. Comcast, how I hate thee ... :angry-cussingblack:
Ouch! Three days is a long outage. Playing with phone data can eat up a lot of it if you have limited data. I tried it a few times. I wish these puzzle games had some sort of offline component that can update to the server, like the maps.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Still playing every day. Slowed down some because I'm not liking farming for trait stones at all. Just hit level 100. Still enjoying PvP and Arena mostly.

Also still using the team of Dragon Oak (archer), Valkyrie, Alastair and Rowanne.

All legendary imp teams are hard FYI.

Also the team where they use 3 rock worms and another mob to never lose a turn after making one brown match should be able to be stopped. That or give us a weapon or mob that will interrupt or something over x number of continuous turns.

Currently 255-20 in pvp.
T

Post by T »

There's a new class for those who haven't heard, The Mechanist.

I still play every day, still working my way through the quests.

My team is:

Green Slime
Sorcerer - Wicked Scythe
Valkyrie
Keeper of Souls

Still working on all of the traits. It's a strong team and will be much stronger once I get the Magic, Water and Nature Link traits.

The RNG has been kind to me recently. When they gave us the 2 gem keys for the server being down I got a Crimson Bat and another legendary I already had, Goblin King I think. And on glory keys I pulled a Gorgotha. Once I trait my above team I plan on putting together a team with one or both of these.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:I still play every day, still working my way through the quests.
I've finished up all the quests and have 4 kingdoms at level 10 and all the rest at level 6. My team is:

Hero (Sorcerer with 'creeping death' scythe)
Giant Spider
Herald of Chaos (or Tyri for farming)
Valkyrie

This combo makes the battles very easy.
T wrote:The RNG has been kind to me recently. When they gave us the 2 gem keys for the server being down I got a Crimson Bat and another legendary I already had, Goblin King I think. And on glory keys I pulled a Gorgotha.
Sigh. Either you're damned lucky or I'm damned unlucky. I've used about 100 gem keys over the past month alone and somewhere around 200 glory keys. From all that I've gotten no new legendary troops at all. Zero. I've pretty much given up hope of different results at this point. I still have gotten a grand total of one legendary from all chests over my 3 months of playing this game. Pretty discouraging.
"This game is best played with a warm cup of Folger's coffee in your hands, so you can actually smell the oppression while you relive the greatest period of all time. The period when white people discovered the world, and decided they didn't like it." - EUIV Steam user review
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:I still play every day, still working my way through the quests.
I've finished up all the quests and have 4 kingdoms at level 10 and all the rest at level 6. My team is:

Hero (Sorcerer with 'creeping death' scythe)
Giant Spider
Herald of Chaos (or Tyri for farming)
Valkyrie

This combo makes the battles very easy.
Similar to my team, and yes the quests are very easy. Do you have a Green Slime? I prefer it to the Spider due to the lower mana cost. And the stat buf per cast is great.
ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:The RNG has been kind to me recently. When they gave us the 2 gem keys for the server being down I got a Crimson Bat and another legendary I already had, Goblin King I think. And on glory keys I pulled a Gorgotha.
Sigh. Either you're damned lucky or I'm damned unlucky. I've used about 100 gem keys over the past month alone and somewhere around 200 glory keys. From all that I've gotten no new legendary troops at all. Zero. I've pretty much given up hope of different results at this point. I still have gotten a grand total of one legendary from all chests over my 3 months of playing this game. Pretty discouraging.
I think it's a combination of both. Last I looked I am near the top of the guild as far as # of troops and I am a very casual, yet persistent player. I've had some good luck and you seem to to getting shafted. This shouldn't matter, but try waiting for multiple keys before opening them, like 30+. Seems I have better luck that way. And from my experience in MPQ law of averages plays out over the long haul, so you'll get them soon.
paulbaxter

Post by paulbaxter »

Just started playing this yesterday. I'm a sucker for these sorts of things.

I'm working on getting my team to cover all the colors. Right now I don't have purple, but I use the sorceror (I think?) who blows p the purples on the board for damage, so that seems to work out OK.

Anything super important to know really early in the game? Best early weapons to use?
No sig, must scream, etc.
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Get with a good guild asap. The gold and skill bonus is great plus guild projects get you free keys and gems. I'm in Aes Sedai but we are currently full. :(

Goblin is OP. Use him.

Save your Glory for the weekly chests.

Save your diamonds until you can get the +100% gold or +100%souls armor (this will take a while)

Upgrade all kingdoms to 3 or 4 to increase tribute % and then start concentrating on getting your kingdoms that boost magic to 10 when you can (this will take a while).
Cortilian

Post by Cortilian »

Well, talk about a huge disappointment. I saved up 450 gems and instead of saving 50 for the soul set of armor (I have the gold armor) I have been bored with my team so I decided to spend those 450 gems on gem keys. That gets me 50 chests with supposedly a four times multiplier on getting legendary cards.

50 draws and one legendary card. Only three cards that I didn't have before.

That sucked.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

Cortilian wrote:Well, talk about a huge disappointment. I saved up 450 gems and instead of saving 50 for the soul set of armor (I have the gold armor) I have been bored with my team so I decided to spend those 450 gems on gem keys. That gets me 50 chests with supposedly a four times multiplier on getting legendary cards.

50 draws and one legendary card. Only three cards that I didn't have before.

That sucked.
That's pretty consistent with the luck I've been having getting new legendary troops as well. I suspect maybe they tweaked the odds way down at some point. I still have only gotten only one legendary from chests since I started playing. To put that in perspective I have 143 troop types total so it's not like I have only a few troops. The other 3 legendary troops I have are from the weekly loyalty reward chest. I think all these people that have all the legendary troops got them back when the odds were much better. You're right, that kind of stuff sucks.
T

Post by T »

Could just be bad luck. As I mentioned a few days ago I got 2 legendaries from the 2 gem keys they gave us for the server being down. Then I got another one from a glory key. Two of which were a Gorgotha and Crimson Bat. Prior to that I hadn't drawn a legendary for months. Hopefully you got some good trait stones. That said, I'm not that far away from 450 gems and will probably go for the soul armor, I already have the Dragon armor. Don't want to risk the RNG, I'll take the sure thing in +souls.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

I was really disappointed with the changes they made to PVP. They turned it into way more of a grind and it seems that the teams I had to face all had substantially higher levels than me. After several attempts to make progress to no avail I realized that the team I had was not viable under the new standards, so I gave up on PVP and focused on building a new team. I have finally built a competitive team. I consists of Gorgotha, Alistair, Rowanne and my hero ( sorcerer ) with Creeping Death. This team is nasty! Alistair builds everybody's armor, which makes Rowanne insanely powerful as her damage is pumped by her armor numbers. Gorgotha does good damage and helps clear bad boards as well. Creeping Death is just silly strong. The color spread is pretty good as well as all colors are covered and everyone has at least one color unique to them. If you have the means to put this team together you should give it a shot, its a good one.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

rshetts2 wrote:so I gave up on PVP
Yeah, I agree and I've also given up on PvP. In general, I've become less and less enthralled with the game.

I also am a Sorcerer using Creeping Death. It's a very good class/weapon combo. Unfortunately, though I have the other cards you're using, I can't try out Gorgotha because I don't have him. I still can't get a new legendary. I've gone through hundreds of gem keys and glory keys since the last time I posted and I still haven't gotten a single new legendary card drop. I think it's pretty clear at this point that they nerfed the hell out of the legendary drop rate at some point in the past few months. I'm getting the same rare and ultra-rare card drops over and over (and over) again. I have 163 different troop types but I still only have one legendary from a chest drop and that happened back in February or March. In fact I've ascended some of my cards almost to legendary status I've gotten so many of particular cards (hello Priestess). It's kind of killing my desire to keep playing since I can't get any fun/good new cards to experiment with and build new teams around and I don't enjoy the new PvP. The reward chests have been nothing much exciting lately either. I'll give it a while longer and see what happens.
T

Post by T »

They need to flesh out PvE and make it more like MPQ. More target troop rewards and guild events.

How many keys do you open at a time? I have 10 or so legendaries as a casual PvE'er. I usually wait for 100+. I'm sitting on close to 300 now. Shouldn't matter, but it seems to work for me. Also, maybe there is a stealth bump to drop rates when you pay, I've spent $10.

Have you PvP'ers tried Arena?
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Have you PvP'ers tried Arena?
Yeah, I got bored and tried it out last week. I won the 8 battles without losing any. You use the same 3 random cards throughout and frankly, though it was pretty easy going, it did take some time to win all 8 battles and the reward was absolute crap for the time invested. And the very end part where it offered to let me buy the 3 random cards I had been using for a mere 450 gems was lol, wut? material. I had a bunch of copies of all 3 cards already and even if I didn't, I sure wasn't about to pay 450 gems for crap cards like those. So, unlike the Treasure mini-game, which I enjoy a lot, absolutely nothing makes me want to play the Arena ever again.
T wrote:How many keys do you open at a time?
I've tried anywhere from 10 to 100 at a time. Nothing has made any difference. I think maybe I'm just cursed.
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
Yeah, I got bored and tried it out last week. I won the 8 battles without losing any. You use the same 3 random cards throughout and frankly, though it was pretty easy going, it did take some time to win all 8 battles and the reward was absolute crap for the time invested. And the very end part where it offered to let me buy the 3 random cards I had been using for a mere 450 gems was lol, wut? material. I had a bunch of copies of all 3 cards already and even if I didn't, I sure wasn't about to pay 450 gems for crap cards like those. So, unlike the Treasure mini-game, which I enjoy a lot, absolutely nothing makes me want to play the Arena ever again.
I've tried anywhere from 10 to 100 at a time. Nothing has made any difference. I think maybe I'm just cursed.
Never played Arena, but there seem to be a bunch on the official forums that favor it over PvP.

Wait for more keys. That seems to work for me. I took a few month hiatus once other than logging in and did not open chests. I then opened a ton of them and got a bunch of legendaries.
rshetts2

Post by rshetts2 »

T wrote:
ColdSteel wrote:
Never played Arena, but there seem to be a bunch on the official forums that favor it over PvP.

Wait for more keys. That seems to work for me. I took a few month hiatus once other than logging in and did not open chests. I then opened a ton of them and got a bunch of legendaries.
I've done the same with keys. I got Gorgotha and Crimson Bat in the same key dump, so there may be something to it. Regarding my team, Gorgotha is good but of any of those on that team, he is probably the most replaceable, as long as you can find a good first position tank troop that uses Black or Yellow ( preferably both ). Lady Sapphira would probably make a good replacement. Its the Alistair/ Rowanne combo that tears things up. Creeping Death is a great mop up attack. Using a red/blue banner will pump Alistair really quick which in turn will pump your armor all around.

I only tried Arena a few times but that was before they ruined PVP, so maybe I should give it a shot. Recently I was concentrating on challenges to build souls, so I could level my team. I found that you get a better shot at runic stones in challenges as well. Not great odds but better than Ive seen elsewhere.
T

Post by T »

Does stacking necromancy help for soul farming? I have it on one of my soul farming team and have another who can get it too. Not sure if it's worth the stones that can be used elsewhere.
ColdSteel

Post by ColdSteel »

T wrote:Does stacking necromancy help for soul farming?
From what I understand, it does stack. But you still can't exceed the hard soul cap per battle (80 on normal difficulty). It should allow you to get to the cap faster.
T

Post by T »

ColdSteel wrote:
T wrote:Does stacking necromancy help for soul farming?
From what I understand, it does stack. But you still can't exceed the hard soul cap per battle (80 on normal difficulty). It should allow you to get to the cap faster.
Thanks, I did know that it stacks, you just never know until you play with it if it's worth the stones, which are hard to get. My soul farming team is the following, which is also my main team as it seems strong. The stars are the number of traits.

Green Slime*
Sorcerer* (Wicked Scythe)
Valkyrie**
Keeper of Souls