Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by Daehawk »

Grifman wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:38 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:22 pm Never been to one. We dont have one. If we did Id try their chicken once and most likely find it bad as Bojangles and never go back. KFC and ChickfilA are fine for me.
I’d never thought I would say this but their chicken sandwich beats ChikFilA’s hands down. Seriously.
Ive never liked crunchy chicken. Plus dental issues would prevent me from eating even if I was starving.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grifman wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:12 pm
stessier wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:42 pm
Grifman wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:24 pm
stessier wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:57 pm I apparently don't like cajun spics as I think Popeye's is really bad. I'm not a fan of Bojangles either - didn't really have any flavor the time I had it. Chick-Fil-A nuggets (don't like pickle flavor) or KFC for me.
Their sandwich isn’t Cajun, but you can get a spicy version if you wish.
Sorry, the sign on the store said "Louisiana Kitchen", so I just presumed. Whatever it is - do not like. :) And I didn't try the spicy version - I know my limits. Glad y'all enjoy it though - keeps the lines down at my preferred spots - win/win! :D
Their regular chicken is Cajun, no lie there, it's just that their regular chicken sandwich isn't. I'm guessing that' s because they were trying to compete with ChikFilA and having a purely Cajun sandwich would limit them because everyone doesn't like spicy.
Ah - I would have gotten the chicken fingers/tenders when I went, so maybe I was right in the end?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:22 pm Never been to one. We dont have one. If we did Id try their chicken once and most likely find it bad as Bojangles and never go back. KFC and ChickfilA are fine for me.
I’d never thought I would say this but their chicken sandwich beats ChikFilA’s hands down. Seriously.
Ive never liked crunchy chicken. Plus dental issues would prevent me from eating even if I was starving.
You make it sound like it's covered in rocks :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:14 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:23 pm
You make it sound like it's covered in rocks :D
Might as well be. I cant even have onions on a burger anymore.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:42 pm
I’d never thought I would say this but their chicken sandwich bears ChikFilA’s hands down. Seriously.
+1
And only partly because they don't funnel money to hate groups!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

All kinds of weird at McDonald's Spain:
The amazing Tex-Mex flavor comes to our restaurants with the incredible Grand McExtreme Nachos: delicious sauce of cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, double meat and nachos inside the hamburger!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

When I have a hankerin' for TexMex while I'm in Spain, you know I'm heading for the Golden Arches!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:43 pm When I have a hankerin' for TexMex while I'm in Spain, you know I'm heading for the Golden Arches!
Ha!

My brother had an anecdote when his band was doing a European tour and in Italy: After eating real Italian food for a week or so, the guitarist exclaimed "I'm sick of this shit! I want a real pizza; I'm going to Pizza Hut!" :D

he was dead serious.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

A nonny mouse wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:08 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:43 pm When I have a hankerin' for TexMex while I'm in Spain, you know I'm heading for the Golden Arches!
Ha!

My brother had an anecdote when his band was doing a European tour and in Italy: After eating real Italian food for a week or so, the guitarist exclaimed "I'm sick of this shit! I want a real pizza; I'm going to Pizza Hut!" :D

he was dead serious.
When I had Pizza in France right near the Italian border, it was nothing like pizza. It was still really good. Light on cheese and only one topping, "an egg to add protein" essentially oven fried cracked in the middle.

I also did not generally care for the food, nor that you had to eat your meals at the prescribed times or not have a meal at all. Some things were really really good though. I had squab/pigeon for the first time and rabbit was fantastic. Beef on any sort was rarely there and never very good. Mostly everything was seafood, which I don't care for and prepared in a way in which I like even less.
Last edited by LordMortis on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I always liked when the USN served us rabbit. So much so that I'm thinking of raising them for meat since I'm not willing to spend what it takes to get some beef anymore. :doh:

McDonalds used to have great spicy bone-in wings in Bangkok. :lol:
Last edited by em2nought on Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

TIL that "mukbang" is an actual thing. No thanks.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Back about 20 years ago, McDonald's in Hong Kong served chicken & rice platters, with sauce and veggies. Those were excellent.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Enlarge Image

Don't see that in the US. Choking hazard.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

gilraen wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:35 pm Back about 20 years ago, McDonald's in Hong Kong served chicken & rice platters, with sauce and veggies. Those were excellent.
Not sure if you have one in Denver (yet), but Jolibee serves something similar...mostly chicken and rice. It's a Filipino chain more common there than McDonald's, and is spreading here. Wife and kids love it, I tend to avoid fried chicken so usually pass, but it's pretty good. Other things on the menu...their burgers (ok), and spaghetti (acquired taste...reminds me of what my aunt made when I was a kid and couldn't stand).
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:39 pm Enlarge Image

Don't see that in the US. Choking hazard.
What in hell's name. This breaks TWO rules. Crunchy things (pickle is the limit) on the burger and carbs on the burger as a topping. That's from McDonald's? It's satanic.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:50 pm Not sure if you have one in Denver (yet), but Jolibee serves something similar...mostly chicken and rice. It's a Filipino chain more common there than McDonald's, and is spreading here.
Never heard of Jolibee...so probably none around here. There are quite a few fast food chains that seem to be struggling in Colorado in general, just a weird market. Blaze Pizza came with lots of fanfare - gone within a couple of years. Larkburger closed all but 1 location. I used to really like Carl's Jr. when I was in college, but they only have a few locations left in the area and none close enough where I'd bother driving out of my way for a burger.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

We've had them around Toronto for a while now as well. I've always been curious to try it. But I'm pretty sure I'd hate the spaghetti's flavour profile lol.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Sudy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:39 pm We've had them around Toronto for a while now as well. I've always been curious to try it. But I'm pretty sure I'd hate the spaghetti's flavour profile lol.
Filipino spaghetti sauce is super sweet, and typically they serve it with cut up hotdogs. Oddly, my aunt (who was certainly NOT Filipino) used to serve us that same thing when I was a kid and grew to loathe it from an early age.

Jollibee's chicken is good (although I avoid fried chicken). Their breakfasts are an acquired taste (do you like canned corned beef?) When I was in the Philippines, I would have their burgers when wife was wanting to go there and I needed to eat something. Haven't had them here...but there they were passable.

Oh, and their peach-mango pies (in the manner of McDonald's fied apple pies) are pretty damn good.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sudy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:39 pm We've had them around Toronto for a while now as well. I've always been curious to try it. But I'm pretty sure I'd hate the spaghetti's flavour profile lol.
Head on down to Ohio. Their "chili" is an experience.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:06 am
Head on down to Ohio. Their "chili" is an experience.
It's different. Not terrible though.

I keep a couple cans of Skyline in the backup food pantry. Rotating them out of stock is usually an all-weekend exercise.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bleh
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

"..or beaks...or buttholes." hahahaha
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Just had Popeye's for the first time. Waited a half hour in the drive-through lane before even being able to order due to it being so popular. My god, that chicken though! Divine! Where have you been all my life? I'm not usually crazy about pickles, but the pickles added to the overall texture of the juicy yet crunchy yummy chicken. Little things too, like the foil pouch they come in to keep them warm, and the thickness of the chicken. Yeah, I have to say I'm a fan.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:36 pm Just had Popeye's for the first time. Waited a half hour in the drive-through lane before even being able to order due to it being so popular. My god, that chicken though! Divine! Where have you been all my life? I'm not usually crazy about pickles, but the pickles added to the overall texture of the juicy yet crunchy yummy chicken. Little things too, like the foil pouch they come in to keep them warm, and the thickness of the chicken. Yeah, I have to say I'm a fan.
I won't eat it, but my wife craves it from time to time. Pro tip -- get out of your car and go in. You'll be in and out in 2 minutes.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I can see how that would be a good idea. When we pulled up, we only saw a few people inside ordering, but I have to wonder how speedy it is if all the attention is on the busy drive-through. When it opened last month, they had to hire people from different locations just to staff their grand-openening, as people came from all over just to order. Ours is the only one in this region, so it's servicing quite a large area.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:02 pm Yeah, I can see how that would be a good idea. When we pulled up, we only saw a few people inside ordering, but I have to wonder how speedy it is if all the attention is on the busy drive-through. When it opened last month, they had to hire people from different locations just to staff their grand-openening, as people came from all over just to order. Ours is the only one in this region, so it's servicing quite a large area.
Even if only one person is servicing the walk-up, it's still a lot faster. There were crazy long lines when the Popeyes by us opened a few years ago (not nearly as crazy as the 7 hour lines when Jollibee opened in the northern burbs about 5 years ago), but walking in, I was out in no time. They just opened (or are in the process of opening) another Popeyes in a shopping center just east of here...putting me in the middle and within 5 minutes of 2 of them. I really wish there was more diversity around here, since one was too many.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to remember that for next time. It's in the department of 'Why didn't I think of that?' :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

"Go in" recommendation not valid at Pollo Tropical.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We dont have one.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looks like Taco Bell is bringing back the Mexican Pizza this week. thank goodness. Missed them.

Also Arbys has a new burger of all things. A Wagyu burger at that. Its mixed with regular beef..its like 52% american wagyu. Reviews are loving it. At $5.99 is barely more than a BigMac and its a big patty too. 50% bigger than a bigmacs patty. Only for 2 months.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I feel like this was last funny the last time Mike Myers had a hit movie. Every Taco Bell comment thread on the internet has someone complaining their food gives them instant diarrhea. Well, if that's true, it wouldn't be on account of bad/disgusting food. It would be a food allergy.

Mind you I'm not complaining about the above post. That the comment came from a municipal source is kind of funny. But amateur internet comedians, I'm sick of your bullshit. Taco Bell is gross, we get it. (I admit that even as a fan.) But if it makes you that sick, you've got something else going on.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

In Canada, are they called "Taco Hortons"?
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Nah, just don't have them as prominently as you would in the States. There are far less of them, and most of them are in food court malls.

And here's where I admit I've never had any.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Daehawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:05 pm Also Arbys has a new burger of all things. A Wagyu burger at that. Its mixed with regular beef..its like 52% american wagyu. Reviews are loving it. At $5.99 is barely more than a BigMac and its a big patty too. 50% bigger than a bigmacs patty. Only for 2 months.
Tried this a week or two ago. Expensive (8.99 I think for the basic one w/o bacon). Got one for me and wife. It was definitely a better burger than any other fast food burger I've had. I liked the deluxe w/ all the stuff and sauce.

Wife wanted just ketchup, pickles - she doesn't like veggies, lactose intolerant so no cheese. They put cheese on hers (ketchup was just going to be packets so we passed on that part). She was very unhappy - ate a couple bites but didn't care for it with the cheese. I ate hers - beef was good, but w/o all the other stuff, not nearly as good a burger.

Hard to say it was as good as a steakhouse burger, but very good for fast food.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:40 pm Nah, just don't have them as prominently as you would in the States. There are far less of them, and most of them are in food court malls.

The Mexican pizza is actually really good. Even if you’ll get diarrhea.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Zenn7 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:58 pm
Daehawk wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:05 pm Also Arbys has a new burger of all things. A Wagyu burger at that. Its mixed with regular beef..its like 52% american wagyu. Reviews are loving it. At $5.99 is barely more than a BigMac and its a big patty too. 50% bigger than a bigmacs patty. Only for 2 months.
Tried this a week or two ago. Expensive (8.99 I think for the basic one w/o bacon). Got one for me and wife. It was definitely a better burger than any other fast food burger I've had. I liked the deluxe w/ all the stuff and sauce.

Wife wanted just ketchup, pickles - she doesn't like veggies, lactose intolerant so no cheese. They put cheese on hers (ketchup was just going to be packets so we passed on that part). She was very unhappy - ate a couple bites but didn't care for it with the cheese. I ate hers - beef was good, but w/o all the other stuff, not nearly as good a burger.

Hard to say it was as good as a steakhouse burger, but very good for fast food.
Hmm I may have to return my LED bulbs to the store tomorrow and could check my local Arbys for one. Seems my house insurance is paid up for the year so I have June and July money..yay me.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:02 pm
Rumpy wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:40 pm Nah, just don't have them as prominently as you would in the States. There are far less of them, and most of them are in food court malls.

The Mexican pizza is actually really good. Even if you’ll get diarrhea.
Heh, I'm not even sure that's available up here.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti