Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by em2nought »

My mind has been consumed with wanting another Little Caesars Detroit deep dish ever since the previous one. The only thing that's stopped me is apparently they run out of one of the ingredients on the "three meat" quite often as I've gone to order twice and it's been off the menu, but another time I just checked for the hell of it and it was there. It just wasn't the right time of day so I might have to order early. :lol:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been absolutely craving some fast food...any of it. Its been over 3 months since ive had any. Without a car I would have to depend on doordash and i cant afford to use that for fast food. I need my car back!!.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:16 pm Ive been absolutely craving some fast food...any of it. Its been over 3 months since ive had any. Without a car I would have to depend on doordash and i cant afford to use that for fast food. I need my car back!!.
...or take up hiking as a hobby. The fast food reward at the end of the hike would certainly be incentive for me.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

em2nought wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:19 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:16 pm Ive been absolutely craving some fast food...any of it. Its been over 3 months since ive had any. Without a car I would have to depend on doordash and i cant afford to use that for fast food. I need my car back!!.
...or take up hiking as a hobby. The fast food reward at the end of the hike would certainly be incentive for me.
This. I watch a Youtube channel where a guy does a lot of hiking, and he always ends the hike with a big high-calorie meal. One episode had them hiking Whiteface Mountain near Lake Placid, and end the episode eating an entire pizza by himself.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lol..thats one way to keep your weight the same.

I looking into Doordash a ways back. To get some fast food to me was gonna be like $40. Price is also why i cant take Uber to the bank..cant spend $30 or so to deposit $100.
Wish prices would come down on these delivery or ride place. They add in fees for the serive on top of charging you for the service to start with. then theres another fee i cant remember what for. Then theres driver tips. With my Walmart membership for $6 a month I get free delivery and I can also choose no driver fee. I hate to do that but I cant even afford $2. Also the driver and the one who actually shops and bags it all are usually 2 different people. i hate to tip one when i cant the other......good excuse i know.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Subway adds 3 new foot-long items to its menu. Hint: None of them are sandwiches
In December, the fast food restaurant unveiled new foot-long cookies at select stores in Chicago, Dallas, Miami and New York for National Cookie Day. Now, their new menu will allow customers to order the sweet treat nationwide starting on Monday.
The Cinnabon Footlong Churro, $2 - baked and topped with sugar and Cinnabon’s "world-famous" Makara cinnamon, the unique cinnamon that Mashed reports was specially selected over 30 years ago.
The Auntie Anne’s Footlong Pretzel, $3 - A classic butter and salt pretzel, served with a side of Subway’s Honey Mustard.
The Footlong Cookie, $5 - A thick cookie packed with chocolate chips.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I gave up on Subway when Firehouse came to town.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Subway is the worst amongst our local sandwich shops; too stingy with meat and cheese. But I'm comparing them to local shops, which probably isn't fair. We have two very good ones nearby so I never visit the chains. One of them delivers for just $3, and since they offer contactless delivery (thanks, pandemic!) I don't have to tip the driver. I do tip when I place my order online so I hope the driver gets a piece of that. They make an excellent Italian sub that I can customize with hots, oil & vinegar, and oregano and black pepper, as a proper Italian should be made.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:11 pm Subway is the worst amongst our local sandwich shops; too stingy with meat and cheese.
My local Subway started that new "benefit" of slicing the meat on site, and the meat is almost translucent. I'd uninstalled their app and sent all my paper coupons to my sister which was a mistake because I then received a Subway gift card from her for my birthday. I guess I'll get double meat.
Daehawk wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:12 pm Lol..thats one way to keep your weight the same.

I looking into Doordash a ways back. To get some fast food to me was gonna be like $40. Price is also why i cant take Uber to the bank..cant spend $30 or so to deposit $100.
You really need a regular plain old used bicycle. Maybe with some run flat inserts to solve the next problem we'll be facing with you. :wink:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Where I live we were never able to get pizza delivered until a Pizza Hut opened a little delivery shop closer to us. Nobody else. The other day I noticed a Dominos had gone in an old Sonic location. Its probably closer than the Pizza Hutt. But when I checked it said they dont deliver to my area. Damn.
mori

Post by mori »

English school kids react to Wendy's fast food:

The kid who thought the spicy nuggets were too hot :) .But they also thought that Taco Bell was the greatest thing ever when we all no how truly dreadful it actually is.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I spent three years in Scotland so I'm sympathetic to the plight of the English when it comes to food. :lol:

Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love ramen. Stated eating it in the mid 90s after my gaming friend told me about them and how cheap the packets were. Like 15 cents back then. And theres a bunch of flavors. But over the years Ive come to want more flavors. Wheres nacho flavor or pizza flavor? Maybe bbq or curry? Id just like some changes for a change :) And I am glad they are still like 20 cents a pack even though I could wish for less.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I've never had ramen. I don't have anything against it...I'd probably like it. It didn't become a thing until my starving student days were behind me, so I've never had a reason or opportunity to try it.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 am I've never had ramen. I don't have anything against it...I'd probably like it. It didn't become a thing until my starving student days were behind me, so I've never had a reason or opportunity to try it.
We had tuna helper, frozen mixed veg(carrot, pea, corn), and rice. My college roommate loved his white rice, I still don't like it to this day. :lol: If we got fancy we had turkey legs for 25 cents a LB cooked in a pressure cooker.

I had a bowl of Maruchan Yakisoba Fire Spicy Beef Flavor Ramen last night, it was so hot I threw half of it away. I think they messed up on the powdered sauce packet somehow. Tasted like it had about 10,000 MGs of salt too. Never had to throw away any commercial product for being too spicy before. :lol:

Seemed like the right night to try the fajitas at Chili's restaurant with everyone else home watching the Taylor Swift show. :lol: Wow, expensive! $24 for the trio plate of shrimp, chicken, & steak. Beautiful presentation, but wasn't really impressed with the flavor of the meats. Best things I can say is I got a free coke with the app, and I had enough left over for another meal or midnight snack. At $24 I won't be having them again.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

em2nought wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:41 am
Kraken wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:20 am I've never had ramen. I don't have anything against it...I'd probably like it. It didn't become a thing until my starving student days were behind me, so I've never had a reason or opportunity to try it.
We had tuna helper, frozen mixed veg(carrot, pea, corn), and rice. My college roommate loved his white rice, I still don't like it to this day. :lol: If we got fancy we had turkey legs for 25 cents a LB cooked in a pressure cooker.
I lived on potatoes and pasta, which was either spaghetti or macaroni back then -- nobody had ever heard of "pasta". Blood plasma brought me $5 for the first donation and $6 for the second one in a week. $11 was my grocery budget for a week (food stamps just about doubled that). Every Thursday I got a $56 paycheck and splurged on a burrito and a beer for $1. Two beers if I was feeling extravagant. I had to walk two miles uphill through a blizzard to get there so I deserved it. :wink:

If ramen had existed back then I would've lived on it.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:52 am If ramen had existed back then I would've lived on it.
I would have enjoyed ramen so much more than that white rice, but yeah we did store brand mac & cheese too mixed with the tuna. Don't think we actually bought the brand name tuna helper.
Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:52 pm I love ramen. But over the years Ive come to want more flavors. Wheres nacho flavor or pizza flavor? Maybe bbq or curry? Id just like some changes for a change :)
By chance I was thinking the same thing last night after my unfortunate interaction with fire ramen. Tonight I microwaved the ramen and then mostly drained it. I put two tablespoons of butter and just a little salt into the bowl and tossed the flavor packet away(actually saved it maybe for some other use like chicken soup) The butter probably doubles the price of the ramen, but that was the best bowl of ramen I ever ate. I think doing the same thing with the drained ramen, but then adding Walmart's generic meat spaghetti sauce (which I think tastes really good) would work well too. Or whatever spaghetti sauce you prefer. I imagine actual noodles might be better for us than ramen though? :think: Might be smart to only use one tablespoon of butter. :doh:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone in the south tried Krystal's new krystal krabbycake sliders?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I still make Mac and Cheese (the kind in the box) and tuna salad (canned tuna in olive oil with garlic, black pepper and Miracle Whip). I don't mix the two, although I'll eat them at the same time.

Had to feed my daughter ramen today because MiL dropped the ball on getting her fed prior to two hours of dance lessons. I augmented it with broccoli florets, which she didn't have time to finish. The only time I had ramen myself was at a restaurant in the Tokyo airport -- after 2 bites, I realized I never collected my jacket going through security, had to do the OJ sprint (including a shuttle) back to the security gate where a relieved staff was happy to return my jacket. Those two bites were good IIRC.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

If somebody wanted to have a stock of emergency survival food that could last about a year they could head to Ollie's and see if they have 50 ounce cans of Campbell's Chili con Carne for $2.49 right now. I just bought a can. I looked at the label which listed beef as the first item, and darn if it's not the truth. I've never seen so much meat in a can of anything that wasn't specifically "meat". I'd guess at least half the can is 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch cubes of meat. My can is labeled good thru Mar 2025, but I'm sure that could last a bit longer with proper storage. I'm thinking of going back to stock up.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont know what an Ollie is but that sounds tasty. Id buy some just to stock and have as normal daily meals off and on.

Never mind...found an Ollies in Chattanooga down the road where we used to shop. Neat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Does any fast food place have a spicy chicken sandwich that isn't crispy? Ive looked only and they all have a crispy coating to them. My lack of dental work wont allow me to eat a crispy sandwich..or crispy anything.

I found 2 that 'might' be ok.

Chick fil A...but its a season thing or something as its not on the menu now.

McDonalds...I has a coating but it appears to be thin and not super crispy.

I wish someone had a simply grilled no coating chicken sandwich. Surprisingly NO ONE does. And Popeyes looks inedible.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I think A&W in Canada makes one, although that won't help you as I know restauraunts in Canada and the US are two completely different entities. In Canada it's one of the top fast-food franchises.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Wendy's used to have a spicy chicken breast that was not breaded. Used to... I haven't eaten at a fast food place in several years at this point.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I checked Wendy. No listing in the menu.

We had an A&W here. But its been gone at least 10 -12 years. It took over the old Long Johns when it closed. Id never heard of an A&W fast food so always thought it was some cheap low rent thing using the name. Wasn't until years later I knew.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:30 pm I checked Wendy. No listing in the menu.

We had an A&W here. But its been gone at least 10 -12 years. It took over the old Long Johns when it closed. Id never heard of an A&W fast food so always thought it was some cheap low rent thing using the name. Wasn't until years later I knew.
Yeah, it's much bigger thing in Canada. Interesting thing is that they originally were a single entity, eventually splitting off into two very different companies in the 70's. I understand they aren't too popular in the U.S and that there aren't very many locations left anymore. But in Canada, I'd put them in the top 3.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

We ate there once. The food was kinda meh but the rootbeer float was amazingly good. I still have the plastic mug someplace here.

Looking at the location finder they are all over the US. But my closest one is north by 45 miles. Ive been to that towns flea market a lot in the 80s with my wife and in laws.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I would say that Checkers' spicy chicken isn't really crispy, and I like those quite a bit. You might have Rally instead of Checkers, it might be the same spicy chicken sandwich? :think: Although the Rally's website calls it "crispy", but Checkers version is about crispy like a BK nugget, so not really.

I guess you do have a Checkers.

4348 Ringgold Road
East Ridge, Tennessee, 37412
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:40 pm
Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:30 pm I checked Wendy. No listing in the menu.

Yeah, it's much bigger thing in Canada. Interesting thing is that they originally were a single entity, eventually splitting off into two very different companies in the 70's. I understand they aren't too popular in the U.S and that there aren't very many locations left anymore. But in Canada, I'd put them in the top 3.
They used to have drive ins here all over the place. I used to work at one many years ago, when I was 14. My first W2 job. I got fired when I told them I couldn't work their "flexible schedule" to go to a sci fi convention.

They largely went away when drive ins went away. I still have one less than two miles from my house and there's a huge one the next town over. Today, their coneys dogs are sub par and their menu is way too expensive. That said, I still think they have some of the best root beer made in store. Better than some of the legendary single store places everyone locally cherish, IMO.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

One of the differences is that you won't find hot dogs on the menu over here. Like I said, completely different :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

em2nought wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:13 pm I would say that Checkers' spicy chicken isn't really crispy, and I like those quite a bit.
In the interest of "science" I went out and got a Checkers spicy chicken. The edges are a little crisp. I think you could just cut a tiny portion of edge off around the entire patty and you'd be golden. Sort of like my oldest sister insisted my mother cut the edges off all of her bread, or so I was told. :lol: My sister was giving birth to my nephew before I was even born. :lol:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It says online the Canadian A&W doesn't sell root beer floats but instead have coffee. Weird.

I have a Checkers really close to me. ill try theirs

Central Park has one that look unbreaded so will try that one as well.

I checked Sonic but nothing there.

I really hope Chick Fil A brings theirs back . Supposed to be the best around.

EDIT: Wait they still have it..its called the deluxe. Mm mmmm. Used to be the Chargrill Deluxe. Its the spicy grilled chicken they dotn have now.
Last edited by Daehawk on Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish we had a Costco closer to me. I cant drive that far lol. They have a bunch of stuff id try. Especially their brand chicken nuggets. They are supposed to be just like Chick Fil A's only cheaper
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Rumpy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:41 pm One of the differences is that you won't find hot dogs on the menu over here. Like I said, completely different :D
Then I can't see how they are the same company. Hot Dogs and root beer are their thing.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:08 am It says online the Canadian A&W doesn't sell root beer floats but instead have coffee. Weird.
Not so weird when you consider they have breakfast. They set themselves apart by offering a Breakfast platter as an option featuring eggs, bacon, sausage, toast and hashbrowns.

https://web.aw.ca/en/our-menu/breakfast ... an-special

As for the float, that's kind of offset by the fact that they have so many options now, including something they call Frozen Root Beer and root beer milkshakes among other things.

LordMortis wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:27 am
Rumpy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:41 pm One of the differences is that you won't find hot dogs on the menu over here. Like I said, completely different :D
Then I can't see how they are the same company. Hot Dogs and root beer are their thing.
They aren't the same company, no. But they used to be. Like I've said, they diverged into separate companies in the 70's. While most in the U.S disappeared in the 70's after drive-ins started disappearing, the Canadian company was bought and evolved to become something much more than what it had been. It's now one of the more ubiquitous fast-foods in Canada.

I've heard one of the only items that is shared by both is the Papa Burger, but that's in name only, as again the two burgers are completely different. But meanwhile Canada's has really leaned into the whole burger family thing; Mama Burger, Papa Burger, Grandpa Burger, Teen Burger, Baby Burger.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I saw that blended float on our menu. It sounds good as I always like to eat half my float then let it sit and melt then stir it up.

Everything on that canadian menu looks good.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

After looking at that menu, I wanna Canadian A&W run. :p
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wendy’s Wants to Start Uber-like Surge Pricing in 2025
Wendy’s will start experimenting with surge pricing, much like Uber and Lyft, as the company rolls out digital menus to all its United States restaurants by 2025, according to the company’s February earnings call. Under the test, burgers, Frosties, and other menu items will have “dynamic prices,” costing more during times of increased demand.

“Beginning as early as 2025, we will begin testing more enhanced features like dynamic pricing,” said Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner on Feb. 15’s earnings call. “We are planning to invest approximately $20 million to roll out digital menu boards to all US company-operated restaurants by the end of 2025.”
It's almost as if people are the problem.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:45 pm Wendy’s Wants to Start Uber-like Surge Pricing in 2025
Wendy’s will start experimenting with surge pricing, much like Uber and Lyft, as the company rolls out digital menus to all its United States restaurants by 2025, according to the company’s February earnings call. Under the test, burgers, Frosties, and other menu items will have “dynamic prices,” costing more during times of increased demand.

“Beginning as early as 2025, we will begin testing more enhanced features like dynamic pricing,” said Wendy’s CEO Kirk Tanner on Feb. 15’s earnings call. “We are planning to invest approximately $20 million to roll out digital menu boards to all US company-operated restaurants by the end of 2025.”
That seems nonsensical? Surge pricing for Uber is theoretically to entice more drivers to handle the surge in demand. Are they going to be paying their workers more to get orders out faster? Going through the drive through would be especially irritating not knowing what the prices would be once I got to the board. I foresee fewer visits to Wendy's for me if they implement this.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

gbasden wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:49 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:45 pm Wendy’s Wants to Start Uber-like Surge Pricing in 2025

That seems nonsensical? Surge pricing for Uber is theoretically to entice more drivers to handle the surge in demand. Are they going to be paying their workers more to get orders out faster? Going through the drive through would be especially irritating not knowing what the prices would be once I got to the board. I foresee fewer visits to Wendy's for me if they implement this.
I don't like this idea because I intentionally go places when i expect fewer people to be there, and this idea would drive the masses to crowd my time slots for avoiding humans. :lol: Sort of like the results of covid being closing Walmart dsuring the perfect hours for avoiding people. Still hasn't returned to 24 hours where I am. Lines ten to twenty people deep for self check out, zero manned checkouts. LMAO