Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by Daehawk »

Taco Bell's red sauce has Tomato puree (tomato paste, water), vinegar, food starch or xanthan gum, salt, chili spices, sugar, natural flavors, potassium sorbate, and sodium benzoate (P), maltodextrin, garlic concentrate, and soy.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It's the potassium sorbate that makes it IMHO.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

But it's the malto that's so filling!

Ha! My first food ingredients joke!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sudy wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:48 pm
Then I ate it all and forgot to taste it because I was high. Filled my belly though! And got in my moustache.
Are you writing this from the bathroom? :twisted:
He won. Period.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Not yet but mind you I forgot to take my metamucil yesterday so the drawbridge may be up.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Not fast food as such, but this week I had Detroit-style pizza (as prepared by Uno's) for the first time ever, and I endorse this pizza.

The good people of Detroit (as represented by Uno's) put the sauce on top, and it's a thick hearty sauce. Me and Wife both like saucy pizza so this is a winning move. The chewy bready crust is good, too.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Last outing for non-fast-food pizza was Grimaldi's Pizzeria, which is Brooklyn-based. It was an excellent dining-out experience.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:58 pm Not fast food as such, but this week I had Detroit-style pizza (as prepared by Uno's) for the first time ever, and I endorse this pizza.

The good people of Detroit (as represented by Uno's) put the sauce on top, and it's a thick hearty sauce. Me and Wife both like saucy pizza so this is a winning move. The chewy bready crust is good, too.
Sounds like Detroit Pizza is a total ripoff of Chicago Pizza. And you say it’s by Uno’s….
Sounds about right.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Unagi wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:53 am Sounds like Detroit Pizza is a total ripoff of Chicago Pizza.
Nope. I can't speak to how Uno's makes "Detroit style" but Chicago deep dish is very flour intensive and the crust is more distinctly separate from the guts. It's also way more dense. The dough and consequent texture of a local deep dish is nothing like what you are imagining. Detroit isn't as thick as Chicago. Dough isn't layered and it doesn't cup the toppings, sauce, cheese. Think of the texture of traditional pizza but thicker mixed with the texture of a brownie. So at the edge you get the crispiness where the oil and crust caramelize. The crust isn't really a crust that you think of at the edges, as the topping, sauce, cheese go all the way out the edge.

If you have a Little Caesar's locally just order their square pizza. It's a reasonable approximation of a Detroit Deep Dish. It's not the best but it's still pizza, as they say.

If you come out this way, every one says to get Buddy's but there's good deep dish lots of places. My favorite is the Jets 10. Soooo good.

Enlarge Image

There are a few in Illinois. If one is near you I heartily recommend them. If you were me and you were in the hankering for such things, they'd even be worth going a bit out my way for once or twice a year, which is about all I can warrant. (Expensive and not so great for a bad heart :( )

https://www.jetspizza.com/stores/illinois/
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

The Bell got me with that double meat cheesy crunchy burrito. I'd say it was triple rice with a wee bit of meat. Why do I fall for it? They can't even hire enough people to open the lobby. I hate eating Taco Bell in a car.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Burger King's Ghost Pepper Chicken Nuggets aren't as hot as you'd expect from the name, given this white weenie made it through a sack of eight without breaking a sweat. Though they did start to build in the throat near the end. Anyway, I can't recommend them for the simple reason that BK's nuggets are horrendously bad in general. But if you want a snack with some legitimate heat, go nuts. I mean like... go crazy, do whatever. Initiate transformation protocols! I care not, motherfucker! I didn't mean buy and eat nuts because they're a healthier, tastier snack. Even though it's true.

Pairs well with ranch.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sudy wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 8:46 pm Anyway, I can't recommend them for the simple reason that BK's nuggets are horrendously bad in general.
True story.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Hooters introduced a ghost pepper sauce recently. It's not nerfed.
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I also recommend avoiding the ghost pepper nuggets if you're in the middle of an IBS bout yet think to yourself, "I want to try something new!"

Too many trains were going through the tunnel to begin with. Now the tunnel's on fire.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sudy wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:05 am I also recommend avoiding the ghost pepper nuggets if you're in the middle of an IBS bout yet think to yourself, "I want to try something new!"

Too many trains were going through the tunnel to begin with. Now the tunnel's on fire.
Ahh. But sometimes the best time to experiment with explosives is when you already have an uncontrolled burning oil well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Got ghost pepper fries from Wendy's once, when they first came out. I couldn't really taste anything but the heat. Kinda defeats the purpose of fries, so I wouldn't order anything else with "ghost pepper" in the name.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

gilraen wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:44 am Got ghost pepper fries from Wendy's once, when they first came out. I couldn't really taste anything but the heat. Kinda defeats the purpose of fries, so I wouldn't order anything else with "ghost pepper" in the name.
Ghost pepper is probably one of the best flavors in the high spice world. Scorpion Pepper is just pain, ghost pepper actually tastes good. Wendy's has a Ghost Pepper Ranch dipping sauce that is pretty tasty if only barely perceptibly spicy, but I am not a fan of their nuggets but my kids have discovered it and enjoy it and sometimes I'll steal some of their sauce and put it on my spicy chicken so it has a hint of spice.

Note: my spice tolerance is very high (only Zaxxon's Thai place makes me cry and I have been training since then so probably good to revisit if I ever get back up that way), so be warned and YMMV.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

That reminds me... I find the Wendy's nuggets decent (crispy batter), but what really made them was the creamy sriracha dip. It's been discontinued here. :cry: We don't have ghost pepper ranch, at least not yet.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need and want to try the Sonic Pickle Juice Slush.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:02 pm I need and want to try the Sonic Pickle Juice Slush.
You ain't right. :mrgreen: I saw them advertising that and gagged. :doh:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:17 am Image
That's just...just...just something I'd probably try because I try such things.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Come on down.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Curious question: Not fast food but food none the less.

Are green olives good on hot dogs? I LOVE green olives and will eat a jar if I dont watch myself. I love hotdogs. But never in 53 years have I had them on one. I think the only food Ive ate green olives in are potato salad. May try the hotdog and olives later....but wondering what opinions run.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Personally, I like relish or banana peppers. I would not put green olives (of any kind) on hotdogs.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I like olives on pizza -- green, black, or kalamata if I'm making Greek pizza -- and I make some Mediterranean recipes that call for olives, including pasta with tuna, olives, and capers. I wouldn't want olives on a hotdog, if I ate hotdogs.

Back in the day Kewpie's was famous for an olive burger that was delicious, the Kewpie Deluxe. I've never made an olive burger but I'm open to the idea.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I don't care for green olives on anything. Every now and again I'll pop a few plain, but I don't really enjoy them. Milder black olives, on the other hand, I frequently get on my subs and burgers. Pizza sometimes, but they usually overwhelm the other ingredients I enjoy.

Olives on a hotdog? I can imagine it tasting good, but I find loading a dog with too many larger toppings makes for a messy handling and eating experience, and I just don't dig it. Sliced olives would need to be buried deep in the bun so they didn't pop out.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It was ok. Was better when I added some avocado hot sauce.

The only place i like black olives are on pizza. We always got a double helping.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:32 pm Curious question: Not fast food but food none the less.

Are green olives good on hot dogs? I LOVE green olives and will eat a jar if I dont watch myself. I love hotdogs. But never in 53 years have I had them on one. I think the only food Ive ate green olives in are potato salad. May try the hotdog and olives later....but wondering what opinions run.
When are you due?
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Black olives taste like copper to me.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:00 pm
Daehawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:32 pm Curious question: Not fast food but food none the less.

When are you due?
I haven't seen mention of ice cream yet. :lol: I thought I'd found the perfect cheap travel food, but then all the truck stops recently put their hotdogs up by over $1.00. None of those truck stops offer olives on the fixin's bar so...
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:02 pm Black olives taste like copper to me.
I find them nearly tasteless. Wife is a fan, though, so I don't protest if they find their way onto my pizza.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Black olives are nearly tasteless for me as well. Green olives stuffed with pimento I can easily snack on as I love them. However, Kalamata olives (whole) with greek feta and a side of pita bread with olive oil is one of my favorite summer treats. :wub:
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

You know, Dae, I think it's one of those things you have to know for yourself, so why not try it? There's no harm in trying, and if it's good, you might have hit on something that nobody ventured to try, then you might feel like opening a food truck selling them :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I'd like to go on record as saying that ALL the new touch screen soda machines SUCK. The Coke always SUCKS. They can't ever get the syrup ratio correct, I'm beginning to think it's on purpose in order to bilk the most money from us for the least amount of ingredients used. It's already bad enough knowing that third world countries have better Coke than we do with their sugar cane Coke while we get High Fructose Corn Syrup crap. Rant over. :doh:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:55 am It's already bad enough knowing that third world countries have better Coke than we do with their sugar cane Coke while we get High Fructose Corn Syrup crap. Rant over. :doh:
You have only yourself to blame for that.
He won. Period.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 am
em2nought wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:55 am It's already bad enough knowing that third world countries have better Coke than we do with their sugar cane Coke while we get High Fructose Corn Syrup crap. Rant over. :doh:
You're like my little forum puppy dog. :lol: My next post might be in the "major purchase" thread if you want to hang out there and wait for it. :lol:
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Nah, I'm good just occasionally reminding you what's true.
He won. Period.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

em2nought wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:00 am
hepcat wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:56 am
You're like my little forum puppy dog. :lol: My next post might be in the "major purchase" thread if you want to hang out there and wait for it. :lol:
Is it going to be a home soda fountain?