Chicago... nice city you have here

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: Chicago... nice city you have here

Post by ImLawBoy »

Do you have something you want to say? Or are you just posting stories randomly?
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm Do you have something you want to say? Or are you just posting stories randomly?
I thought the stories I posted pretty much spoke for themselves and are pertinent to the topic.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:17 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:58 pm Do you have something you want to say? Or are you just posting stories randomly?
I thought the stories I posted pretty much spoke for themselves and are pertinent to the topic.
They're just grumpy because I haven't said anything lately. Probably why they were invoking my name. :roll: I was going to mention earlier that no belts were being looted either. That would have kept them happy for awhile. :wink:
two months
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I don't think they do speak for themselves, or if they do, what they're saying is jumbled at best. LawBeef and I had pretty different takes on the story you posted about the letter. What do you think? Was there any value in it? If so, where?

What about the looting article? Is your point merely that looting is bad? Or are you trying to tie this most recent violence in with the looting from early June? LawBeef has pointed out a few times why things are different this time around. Do you disagree?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

em2nought wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:32 pm
They're just grumpy because I haven't said anything lately. Probably why they were invoking my name. :roll: I was going to mention earlier that no belts were being looted either. That would have kept them happy for awhile. :wink:
The difference between you and AB is that I wouldn't bother asking you for more of your thoughts.
Anonymous Bosch

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pm I don't think they do speak for themselves, or if they do, what they're saying is jumbled at best. LawBeef and I had pretty different takes on the story you posted about the letter. What do you think? Was there any value in it? If so, where?
I thought it provided a useful, non-political perspective (i.e. in the sense that the politics of the property management president were not front and centre or even immediately apparent) from a cognizant professional that clearly reflects the reality of what it's like for the ordinary residents and workers forced to endure the consequences of such criminal conduct.
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pmWhat about the looting article? Is your point merely that looting is bad?
Yes, and that it's imperative to condemn it for what it is and avoid conflating blatant criminal conduct with legitimate, protected First Amendment protest and expression. As Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. put it in 1967: "Let me say, as I’ve always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating."
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:46 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pm I don't think they do speak for themselves, or if they do, what they're saying is jumbled at best. LawBeef and I had pretty different takes on the story you posted about the letter. What do you think? Was there any value in it? If so, where?
I thought it provided a useful, non-political perspective (i.e. in the sense that the politics of the property management president were not front and centre or even immediately apparent) from a cognizant professional that clearly reflects the reality of what it's like for the ordinary residents and workers forced to endure the consequences of such criminal conduct.
Or not.
Gino Generelli owns a condo at a Sudler-managed property in Edgewater and received the letter.

“It seems tone deaf,” he said. “You have looting at luxury shops, 100 people are arrested, and somehow that’s not enough?”

Generelli said Sudler never surveyed residents before representing its political sentiments as their own.

“I felt it was very unethical,” he said.
Maybe it's the Chicago in me showing, but that letter read very political to me. As I read it, I was thinking to myself that this guy was probably going to show up on a mayoral ballot next time around. I could be wrong, but something that calls out the mayor without providing any suggestions or offers of help and that cc's the media reads as very political to me. (To be clear, I don't know that he actually sent it directly to the media, but he surely knew it would get to the media.)

The article notes that they've interviewed people who certainly agree with the sentiments in the letter, but they wanted to be clear that it was not universal. Also:
But we wanted to get a better idea from Sudler about the specifics of its concerns and what can really be done. The firm has not responded to our requests.
This is my shocked face.
Anonymous Bosch wrote:
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:43 pmWhat about the looting article? Is your point merely that looting is bad?
Yes, and that it's imperative to condemn it for what it is and avoid conflating blatant criminal conduct with legitimate, protected First Amendment protest and expression. As Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. put it in 1967: "Let me say, as I’ve always said, and I will always continue to say, that riots are socially destructive and self-defeating."
Sure, but I don't think anyone is confusing this round of looting referenced in the article with legitimate protests. It's been pretty well established, including previously in this thread, that this was coordinated looting using a police-involved shooting as a pretext. Your point is worthy of discussion, and one can condemn the looting associated with the legitimate protests back in June while also understanding how and why some might see them as justified or at least inevitable. It seems misplaced in this instance, however.
Anonymous Bosch

Quoting from your linked article:
chicago.cbslocal.com wrote:CHICAGO (CBS) — A strongly-worded letter to Mayor Lori Lightfoot claims to represent the fear of tens of thousands of Chicago high-rise residents following the looting this past weekend.

But does it really speak for all of them? And does it ignore the struggles of Chicagoans who have lived with these fears for years?

As CBS 2’s Vince Gerasole reported Thursday, two Chicagoans said the answers to those questions is no.
Wow, two Chicagoans disagreed with the letter!? This is my shocked face.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:04 pm Quoting from your linked article:
chicago.cbslocal.com wrote:CHICAGO (CBS) — A strongly-worded letter to Mayor Lori Lightfoot claims to represent the fear of tens of thousands of Chicago high-rise residents following the looting this past weekend.

But does it really speak for all of them? And does it ignore the struggles of Chicagoans who have lived with these fears for years?

As CBS 2’s Vince Gerasole reported Thursday, two Chicagoans said the answers to those questions is no.
Wow, two Chicagoans disagreed with the letter!? This is my shocked face.
Right. So we have a letter from one Chicagoan (claiming to represent various others, but apparently doing so without actually consulting them) vs. the two were quoted for the article.

2-1 that the letter is worthless. :)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Maybe it's the Chicago in me showing, but that letter read very political to me. As I read it, I was thinking to myself that this guy was probably going to show up on a mayoral ballot next time around. I could be wrong, but something that calls out the mayor without providing any suggestions or offers of help and that cc's the media reads as very political to me. (To be clear, I don't know that he actually sent it directly to the media, but he surely knew it would get to the media.)

Of course it's political. They want to promote the agenda that will best preserve their clients' real estate values. People flee the city and their management revenue dries up. Rents decline.

I don't see it as signaling political ambitions but I didn't read the actual letter, just the article.

Being political doesn't necessarily make it worthless. And the criticisms floated are exactly what I hear daily in the neighborhood.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:16 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Of course it's political. They want to promote the agenda that will best preserve their clients' real estate values. People flee the city and their management revenue dries up. Rents decline.

I don't see it as signaling political ambitions but I didn't read the actual letter, just the article.

Being political doesn't necessarily make it worthless. And the criticisms floated are exactly what I hear daily in the neighborhood.
True that being political doesn't necessarily make it worthless. It's the political nature of it combined with the complete lack of solutions, suggestions, or even offers of help that make it worthless.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Oh, and:

CHICAGO (WLS) -- After pervasive looting earlier this week, Chicago police plan to flood downtown with 1,000 officers this weekend to prevent more violence.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot held a news conference at noon near Ohio Street Beach, where she announced new steps to protect Chicago businesses and neighborhoods.

Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown, 42nd Ward Alderman Brendan Reilly, Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx and other officials joined her.

Lightfoot said city leadership is united in its effort to stop future looting and outlined five strategies to do so, including the enhanced use of technology and data analytics and implementation of a Social Media Task Force.
Thousands of exhausted cops on multiple straight 12 hour shifts. Hope Bobby Rush is stocked up on popcorn.

Surprised that Reilly and Foxx were up there.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm

True that being political doesn't necessarily make it worthless. It's the political nature of it combined with the complete lack of solutions, suggestions, or even offers of help that make it worthless.
It's a call for action, not an action plan. A common tactic for open letters.

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:24 pm Oh, and:

CHICAGO (WLS) -- After pervasive looting earlier this week, Chicago police plan to flood downtown with 1,000 officers this weekend to prevent more violence.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot held a news conference at noon near Ohio Street Beach, where she announced new steps to protect Chicago businesses and neighborhoods.

Chicago Police Superintendent David Brown, 42nd Ward Alderman Brendan Reilly, Cook County State's Attorney Kim Foxx and other officials joined her.

Lightfoot said city leadership is united in its effort to stop future looting and outlined five strategies to do so, including the enhanced use of technology and data analytics and implementation of a Social Media Task Force.
Thousands of exhausted cops on multiple straight 12 hour shifts. Hope Bobby Rush is stocked up on popcorn.

Surprised that Reilly and Foxx were up there.
And there's the crux of the issue right there. You've got a big show of police force. Does that satisfy Levy? It could help reduce crime, but it could also lead to an increased risk of violence as cops and protestors or looters (I'm making a distinction here, because a big show of police is likely to draw out some protestors) are likely to have conflict. Plus, as you note, the police will likely be exhausted, which won't help to calm the situation. The social media task force might actually be helpful here, as it seems that some of the coordination of the looting is done on social media. I hope it works.
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:28 pm
ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:20 pm

It's a call for action, not an action plan. A common tactic for open letters.
Being a common tactic doesn't mean it has any value. I personally doubt that Levy's letter has much to do with this show of force, but if it did, I'll dial back my complaints a bit.
Anonymous Bosch

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:11 pmRight. So we have a letter from one Chicagoan (claiming to represent various others, but apparently doing so without actually consulting them) vs. the two were quoted for the article.

2-1 that the letter is worthless. :)
Time will tell. Because if the sentiments echoed in the letter are accurate, those with the means to do so will likely relocate for the reasons elucidated in this Forbes column:
Forbes.com wrote:In the past, you were limited to the big cities for your career. Now, there are more options for people who feel betrayed and victimized. Over the last decade, many companies moved out of expensive locations, like New York, to places such as North Carolina, Texas and Florida. They were able to realize substantial savings in rent and taxes. Companies could pay these people considerably less than they would a worker residing in a high-cost city.

Within the last month, prominent business leaders, including Twitter and Square CEO Jack Dorsey and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg, offered their employees the option of working from home “forever”—or at least for the foreseeable future. A large number of CEOs followed suit and offered this opportunity as well.

The work-from-home movement untethered people who’ve been confined to a place that only offers a reasonable commute to work. As employees are able to work remotely, they can now live wherever they’d like.

Many people took flight to places that offered more affordable housing, lower taxes, better weather, shorter commutes and a better overall quality of life. About 5% of New York City's population, representing about 420,000 people, already moved out of Manhattan during the Covid-19 pandemic.

It's highly likely that people will start moving out of the big cities. Watching the footage of the aftermath of the carnage created in Minneapolis is both heartbreaking and frightening. Companies will consider relocating their office buildings into the suburbs. It will be seen as too dangerous to remain.

With businesses financially hurting from the government-mandated shutdowns, exacerbated by the rioting that will keep retail business closed longer or completely drive them out of business, cities will see a substantial shortfall of tax revenue. With less money coming into the coffers, the cities will be forced to layoff police officers, firemen and teachers. This will further degrade the lives of people living there.

Taxes will be raised significantly on its already-overburdened residents to compensate for the loss of business taxes. With higher personal taxes, expensive apartments, the lack of safety and the fear of a resurgence of Covid-19, people will flee the cities to locations deemed more secure with a better quality of life. Those who are left behind will find themselves living in grimy, crime-infested places, plagued with virus outbreaks and violence.

This will push even more people to leave, creating a downward spiral for the viability and habitation of the cities and increase the populations of states that offer a higher quality of life.
…which any property manager worth their salt certainly ought to be concerned about.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

What efforts has the ownership group taken? Have they hired security for their residences, or do they want to spend the rest of the taxpayer’s funds for their own benefit? Have they organized neighborhood watch groups? Increased security and surveillance?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:37 pm What efforts has the ownership group taken? Have they hired security for their residences, or do they want to spend the rest of the taxpayer’s funds for their own benefit? Have they organized neighborhood watch groups? Increased security and surveillance?
Did you read the letter? It was very sternly worded. What else can they do?

(More seriously, I don't know the answers to your questions.)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Zarathud

Chicago... nice city you have here

Post by Zarathud »

This was political and pointedly so. The management company has enough economic clout to say this privately. Chicago’s finances heavily depend on real estate development fees and activity. They contribute to Aldermen who vote on these issues.

I assume Levy is from the wealthy family who funds charitable and political organizations in the city. So this is someone in a privileged position using their economic power to push back at the Mayor who started off emphasizing a need to invest in less well off neighborhoods and reinvest in Black communities. That’s exactly what BLM wants without the historically abusive Chicago police.

It may play with certain parts of the public, but this is likely to piss off both the Mayor and the protestors. The point of looting and rioting is to get pressure on the Mayor to change policy, not to have 1,000 officers downtown.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

‘Fort Lori’: Chicago police ban protests on Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s block, order arrests for anyone who won’t leave
The Chicago Police Department has effectively banned protesters from demonstrating on Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s block in the Logan Square neighborhood, ordering officers to arrest anyone who refuses to leave, the Tribune has learned.

The directive surfaced in a July email from then-Shakespeare District Commander Melvin Roman to officers under his command. It did not distinguish between the peaceful protesters Lightfoot regularly says she supports and those who might intend to be destructive, but ordered that after a warning is given to demonstrators, “It should be locked down.”

Enlarge Image

Some neighbors in the Logan Square area have complained about the city’s approach to protests around Lightfoot’s house, which at times has included checking residents’ IDs before letting them close. Ron Kaminecki, a 69-year old patent attorney and bike shop owner who lives on Bernard Street a few houses from Lightfoot, said some neighbors have been frustrated by the police presence and barricades

MYT
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Protests are fine, as long as they're over there........
He/Him/His/Porcupine
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not supporting or defending Lightfoot's personal security plans. My comments on them were only meant to pertain to whether or not the ability to isolate a single home (or perhaps a block) had any relevance to whether they could feasibly block off the hundreds of Sudler managed properties scattered throughout the city. (Answer: no relevance.)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:05 am In case it wasn't clear, I'm not supporting or defending Lightfoot's personal security plans. My comments on them were only meant to pertain to whether or not the ability to isolate a single home (or perhaps a block) had any relevance to whether they could feasibly block off the hundreds of Sudler managed properties scattered throughout the city. (Answer: no relevance.)
I think we're past that specific discussion.

This is about the Mayor using her position to protect her personal property, and curtail direct dissent, while watching entire neighborhoods be looted or become shooting galleries.

It's a very bad look.

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I figured we were, but since the whole world revolves around me, I didn't want people on the edge of their seats waiting for me to respond to this if they thought I was defending her previously.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 9:28 am Proco Joe in custody. . If it's for the false report, let's see if he gets the Smolett treatment.

Outgoing Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno was taken into police custody Tuesday evening on an arrest warrant, according to Chicago police.

The 1st Ward alderman has been investigated twice in the past year, most recently in February for a possible false police report.
Moreno still living the dream.
Former Ald. Proco “Joe” Moreno was charged with DUI and reckless driving after his Audi rammed and sideswiped at least eight cars along four blocks of a street in the Gold Coast before smashing into a tree Sunday night.

Moreno, 48, was taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in good condition after the string of crashes around 9:30 p.m. in the 1200, 1300 and 1500 blocks of North Astor Street, according to police. The charges, all misdemeanors, were filed against him after he was released, according to Chicago police

A police report indicated Moreno’s blood alcohol level was 0.32%, or four times the legal limit. Neither Moreno nor his attorney could immediately be reached for comment.

Moreno is still fighting charges of insurance fraud and obstruction of justice from an incident in early 2019 when prosecutors say Moreno falsely claimed his 2016 Audi A6 had been stolen from his garage. Moreno allegedly had turned the car and its keys over willingly only hours earlier to a woman he had ["]dated.["]
It was just down the street from JB Pritzker's house. :think:

MYT
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

My alderman, praising the group of volunteers who threw out a homeless person's possessions.

Dude is a giant tool. I've reached out to him multiple times to have him come meet my scout troop, and see if he can help out with some of the advancement that scouts have, like speaking to an elected official, but he hasn't returned a single phone call or email. Went to see him speak one time at meeting about a housing development, and I was going to have my son speak to him afterwards to fulfill this requirement, but when I saw what an angry douchebag he was I told my son we would find someone else.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:04 am Fox Chicago
[F]ormer “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett was indicted Tuesday in Chicago by special prosecutor Dan Webb
He is indicted on six counts, accused of lying to Chicago police when he reported the attack last year, special prosecutor Webb said. Smollett faces six counts of disorderly conduct.
Guilty on 5 of 6 counts. I think all "disorderly conduct" for lying to CPD.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

AP News
His attorney declared Smollett’s innocence again Thursday after the jury found him guilty on five of six counts of disorderly conduct for lying to police. Nenye Uche said Smollett would appeal the conviction, and is “100% confident” his name will be cleared by an appellate court.
Disorderly conduct is a class 4 felony that carries a prison sentence of up to three years, but experts have said if convicted, Smollett would likely be placed on probation and ordered to perform community service.
Enlarge Image
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I would not have guessed that you could get probation and community service for five felony convictions. I suppose there's always the risk that the judge didn't like him lying on the stand for two days and throws the book at him.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

We have the best judges....

CHICAGO — A Cook County judge this week was caught on a YouTube livestream mocking an attorney who had appeared before him for arguments earlier in the day.

“Can you imagine waking up next to her every day? Oh, my God,” Judge William Raines said of attorney Jennifer Bonjean. “... I couldn’t have a visual on that if you paid me.”
In response to Raines’ comments about waking up next to Bonjean, Bucaro said “There would be a number of things wrong with my life if I was waking up next to her.”

Bucaro later noted the youthful appearance of one of Bonjean’s colleagues, saying he looked like a “13-year-old boy.”

“That’s her man-child,” Raines said.

After some unrelated chatting, Raines apparently noticed that the conversation was still being broadcast in real time.

“Ooh, wait,” he said. “Meeting is streaming live on YouTube? What’s up with this?”

After that, the video cuts off.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Jussie Smollett was sentenced Thursday to 30 months of felony probation, ordered to pay restitution of more than $120,000 and a $25,000 fine and spend 150 days in jail for making false reports to police that he was the victim of a hate crime in January 2019.

After the judge announced his sentence, Smollett lowered his face mask and said he was innocent. "Your honor, I respect you and I respect the jury, but I did not do this," the actor told the judge, before turning to the court. "And I am not suicidal. And if anything happens to me when I go in there, I did not do it to myself. And you must all know that."

Just before he was taken into custody, the actor yelled again that he was innocent and raised a fist in the air.

Cook County Judge James Linn spoke for more than 30 minutes before announcing Smollett's sentence, telling the actor that he wrote the script and picked the actors for the hoax, and that his premeditation for the act was an "aggravating factor" in the case.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Moron should have just come clean early on. He made his bed. He trivialized actual acts of racial violence to further his career.
He won. Period.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I yell "I AM NOT SUICIDAL" every time I walk into a McDonalds.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

daily affirmation is a good thing.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

If I dont get my daily Triple Big Mac with extra bacon and a side order of 20 McNuggets, I get a little grumpy.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Once a month, my secret shame is a late night 20 piece nugget with a medium fries and a handful of the honey mustard dipping sauce...which I then hoard. Seppe and Zarathud have both expressed increasing alarm at the amount of hoarded honey mustard dipping sauce they encounter in my fridge when they grab a beer while at my place.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:36 pm daily affirmation is a good thing.
:lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

For a phone.
An armed robber ambushed a man during a hold-up in Lincoln Park early Friday — then shot the victim twice.

And, after ordering him to give up his phone password, he shot the man again in the head as the victim writhed in pain on the street. Chicago police said the victim is critically wounded.

It happened at the corner of Wayne and Webster avenues around 3:05 a.m.

There's a video at the link. Doesn't autoplay, but it shows everything, use discretion.

They saw this guy walking down the street, drove past and around a corner, and set up an ambush. My head is always on a swivel but this is next level predation.

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Looks like the victim tried to fight back at one point. These animals are more likely to kill you if you resist.

I'm NOT blaming the victim. I'm just saying your phone and wallet are never worth your life.
He won. Period.