News about Netflix exclusive films and content

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

TheMix

Re: Netflix exclusive films and content

Post by TheMix »

With the popper off to the side, the odds do go up.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:12 pm Hmmm.... Unlikely. I worked at a theater back in the late 80's/early 90's. And unless they have drastically changed since then, I don't think so. That is not to say that you couldn't fit. The problem would be the large, extremely hot, metal popper in the center. You could possibly squeeze in, but doing so without burning yourself would be very problematic. Though maybe if you got in first? Still highly questionable. You'd do better to leave the door open and sit under it.
I'm willing to accept some pain for instant access to fresh popped popcorn though. I wonder if I could just drill a hole through the bottom and create some type of popcorn head gear that would give me instant access to fresh popped popcorn? Of course, I would need to carry a power source with me at all times. But like I said, I'm willing to go the extra mile for this.
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:12 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:05 pm Do they have a model big enough that I could just get in it?
Katom
Well now you're just being ridiculous! I only need a single.
He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I mean, if you want to lay on your other side, you don't want to have to hacky-sack the popcorn into your mouth.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Interesting.... I really like where you are headed with this.

What's your thought on butter and salt?

Now I'm thinking a small conveyor belt running from popcorn machine to my computer desk or the couch (I don't get out much so can forego the portable option). Maybe with butter and salt dispensers that spritz the popcorn as it passes beneath...

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

The one linked above has a warmed oil delivery tube.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:54 pm The one linked above has a warmed oil delivery tube.
So that it can just keep popping along? Or do you mean "oil" as a topping?

Black Lives Matter

Tao

Post by Tao »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:54 pm The one linked above has a warmed oil delivery tube.
The sheer volume of innuendo and bawdy jokes from that single line makes my head explode. :D
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Replace the frown with a smile and I think I can see this happening.

He won. Period.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:55 pm
So that it can just keep popping along? Or do you mean "oil" as a topping?
The former.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:16 pm 6 Underground with Ryan Reynolds.

...save your time.

The film features parkour. It’s almost 2020, for Christ’s sake. Also, there’s roughly one 45 second snippet of a song every 50 seconds. I’m guessing the record labels paid for quite a bit of this movie.

It’s not awful, it’s just not worth 2 hours of anyone’s time.

Edit: didn’t realize it’s a Bay film. Should have guessed though. It has all his tell tale missteps.
I enjoyed this on a Friday night after the kids and wife were in bed. It helped that I was cleaning guns while watching the first half and drinking straight whisky for the second half.

It's a decent movie to be doing other stuff to.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

At the end of it, did you go out and drunkenly try to parkour around your building?
He won. Period.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Eh. I have District B-13 when I want to be impressed by parkour. (But not so much by acting.... or plot....)

Other than a bit at the beginning, I can't even remember any parkour in the film. Guess it didn't have much impact on me. I might have been blinded by all the "beautiful people".

Black Lives Matter

Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Tao wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:57 pm
The sheer volume of innuendo and bawdy jokes from that single line makes my head explode. :D
Yep, reminds me of my honeymoon.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:22 pm At the end of it, did you go out and drunkenly try to parkour around your building?
I parkoured all the way to Tony's for a steak torta, thank you very much.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

TheMix wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:31 pm

Other than a bit at the beginning, I can't even remember any parkour in the film. Guess it didn't have much impact on me. I might have been blinded by all the "beautiful people".
When #4 was being chased by bad dick joke shirt and his minions he did a lot of parkour. As did the minions, which must mean that parkour is taught in the special forces and executive protection school.

MYT
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

McNutt wrote:Damn, I missed the part about Mindhunter not coming back. Holt MacCallany was awesome in that.
Is this the reboot?Image
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

After finishing Outlander and The Expanse, we were looking for something a bit lighter.

The Ranch preview with Sam Elliot looked fun.

We started it up and the completely inane laugh track had us turning it off after about 2 minutes. Awful.

Bit the bullet and finished off Sabrina S2. Started S3 last night. Not quite as light as we were looking for, but so much better than the awful POS that The Ranch was turning into.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Season 3 of Sabrina has been a bit of a letdown so far. They seem more interested in getting everyone a record deal in real life than they do in creating fun and twisted stories like those in the first two seasons. It’s like watching that episode of the Brady Brunch when they formed a band. I hope it gets back on course though.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Has anyone checked out Costas Del Sol? It's like Narcos, but set in Brazil in the 70's. I've only just started it, but it looks promising.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Watching Ragnorak. Pretty good so far. English voiceover is pretty darn good.

Also watching Black Spot which is also good but voiceovers not so much so I switched to subtitles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 pm Watching Ragnorak. Pretty good so far. English voiceover is pretty darn good.
I added that to My List previously, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Glad to hear it's good.

I started Pine Gap last night. One episode in and I'm intrigued - but I'm also a sucker for Australian accents.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaddison wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:04 pm Watching Ragnorak. Pretty good so far. English voiceover is pretty darn good.

Also watching Black Spot which is also good but voiceovers not so much so I switched to subtitles
I always prefer subtitles on foreign shows/movies. I just find it disconcerting when the lips don't always match the words.
He won. Period.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:25 pm I always prefer subtitles on foreign shows/movies. I just find it disconcerting when the lips don't always match the words.
I'm too slow to read and watch at the same time much less read, watch, and digest what I'm reading and watching.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

My lifelong love of foreign films has helped me in that area.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

For me, it depends on the show. I'm all for subtitles and hearing the original languages, but there are times where they are speaking so quickly and the subtitles disappear before being able to read them or even flicker away rapidly as if they're skipped. At that point, I rather have the dubbing as it makes it much easier to follow. Costas Del Sol happens to have some good dubbing that seems to have been thought of a great deal in terms of casting and sounds authentic to the point I had to double-check and see if it wasn't the original language they meant to be.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Tao

Post by Tao »

I finished watching Ragnarok last night. I watched with the Norwegian dialogue and English subtitles, which is how I typically watch foreign movies. My only complaint about the subtitles was in the last few episodes the characters switch to "Old Norse" a few times and it isn't subtitled. I am guessing because it was subtitled already from the modern Norwegian.
Spoiler:
There is a climatic scene at the end of the last episode where I have no idea what is being said, I will need to go back and watch dubbed.
I thought the show was decent, it's pretty teen angst-y but it's about teens so....They did put an interesting spin on the mythology and as mentioned the acting was pretty good. I thought the actress playing Saxa and the actor playing Lauriits were particularly good. I felt there were a couple of plot holes that could have been dealt with better but nothing glaring....until the final episode. I hope they make a season 2 just so someone can explain to me what happened in the last episode since the story seems to have gone off the rails and lacks continuity with the other 5 episodes but overall it was fun to watch.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Tao wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:13 pm I finished watching Ragnarok last night. I watched with the Norwegian dialogue and English subtitles, which is how I typically watch foreign movies. My only complaint about the subtitles was in the last few episodes the characters switch to "Old Norse" a few times and it isn't subtitled. I am guessing because it was subtitled already from the modern Norwegian.
Spoiler:
There is a climatic scene at the end of the last episode where I have no idea what is being said, I will need to go back and watch dubbed.
I thought the show was decent, it's pretty teen angst-y but it's about teens so....They did put an interesting spin on the mythology and as mentioned the acting was pretty good. I thought the actress playing Saxa and the actor playing Lauriits were particularly good. I felt there were a couple of plot holes that could have been dealt with better but nothing glaring....until the final episode. I hope they make a season 2 just so someone can explain to me what happened in the last episode since the story seems to have gone off the rails and lacks continuity with the other 5 episodes but overall it was fun to watch.
The tall blond mom/principal/old one is distractingly smoking hot. I also thought Isolde was actually the prettiest of all the hS girls
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I guess this is technically content - you can finally disable the autoplay previews while you're browsing the Netflix menus. No idea who thought that was a good idea but it's been annoying as hell.

Info here
Maybe next year, maybe no go
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don’t mind the auto play previews. Heck, I even like them much of the time. But the auto play next episode/movie suggestion has always annoyed me. I’ll be shuttin’ that little feature down tonight. Thanks!
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, I happen to like the previews as it gives a good indication of what a show or movie is like before committing to it, and often being paired with music that sets the tone. I've found it very handy.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Tokyo Trial (The Japanese War crimes tribunal from their perspective)
The Pharmacist This is the second best thing on the list.
Bojack Horseman (Good final sendoff)
The Kominsky Method
Ottoman (I don't think this will appeal beyond history fans)
#Cats_The_Mewvie
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Watched the first 5 episodes of Messiah. A cool premise (how a second coming would be handled in today's environment), a ton of potential, and a great cast...that feels completely and utterly wasted with eye-rolling plot twists and storylines that go nowhere.

After a really strong start in the first couple episodes, it's been quite disappointing since.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:28 pm
Jaddison wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:20 pm Highly recommend Haji/Giri. Set in Japan and London it is a very well done crime/police drama.
I’m in the middle of this and I’ll second this recommendation! A few interesting twists too.
Finished this last night and it really is excellent. Interesting story with solid writing. And I admit to having a crush on Kelly MacDonald. Makes me wonder where it will go next, as I hope it gets renewed. Perhaps Sarah will end up in Tokyo?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Pleasantly surprised to see that season 2 Narcos: Mexico is now streaming. This has been a consistently good show and hope the quality continues.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I didn't find the first season to be quite as good as the regular Narcos. It was quite a step down IMHO.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Careful. Don Neto may hear you.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Mrs. Kub and I are really enjoying Locke & Key 4 episodes in.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I DON'T dislike the soap opera portions of the story. The kids are all likeable enough that I care about them. Even if they do look the same age as their mother half the time.
He won. Period.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Am I the only person who sat through all 17 minutes of David Lynch's short "What Did Jack Do?".

I love me some Lynch...but I'm still scratching my head over this one.
He won. Period.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Which kind of leaves me to feel like Netflix is the bargain bin of A-list efforts. They have a lot of A-list efforts, but I've found none of them to be particularly... interesting.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti