Question for the mods

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

msduncan

Question for the mods

Post by msduncan »

So... I am able to sell DJI drones now (I do it on the side). Can I make a post about it or is that too close to advertising/spam?

Thought I'd ask here before just tossing it up in EBG. :)
It's 109 first team All-Americans.
It's a college football record 61 bowl appearances.
It's 34 bowl victories.
It's 24 Southeastern Conference Championships.
It's 15 National Championships.

At some places they play football. At Alabama we live it.
Rip

Re: Question for the mods

Post by Rip »

Hopefully it is, my son has been interested in drones and I'd rather "shop local".
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

Rip wrote:Hopefully it is, my son has been interested in drones and I'd rather "shop local".
Let me know. Free shipping, no tax.

I'm still waiting before I post about it.
It's 34 bowl victories.

ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Traditionally we've let established members make a post that falls into the advertising realm and/or to include a link to a personal selling site in a sig. As long as the post is a one time thing, isn't randomly bumped to bring it back to the top, and doesn't otherwise interfere with the smooth running of things (how's that for vague?), I think you're OK to create a post.

I also do appreciate you asking before you post.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
msduncan

Post by msduncan »

ImLawBoy wrote:Traditionally we've let established members make a post that falls into the advertising realm and/or to include a link to a personal selling site in a sig. As long as the post is a one time thing, isn't randomly bumped to bring it back to the top, and doesn't otherwise interfere with the smooth running of things (how's that for vague?), I think you're OK to create a post.

Ok thanks! I'll whip something up and post it when I think people might see it (ie not on the weekend LOL.).
It's 34 bowl victories.

opiaterehab

Post by opiaterehab »

ImLawBoy wrote:Traditionally we've let established members make a post that falls into the advertising realm and/or to include a link to a personal selling site in a sig. As long as the post is a one time thing, isn't randomly bumped to bring it back to the top, and doesn't otherwise interfere with the smooth running of things (how's that for vague?), I think you're OK to create a post.

It's that really okay?
Rip

Post by Rip »

opiaterehab wrote:

It's that really okay?

If you are an established member of the community with an established posting history, yes.

If you are someone who just created an account and has less posts than I have fingers, then no.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Idly wondering...if someone were to start a "Whatcha Smoking?" thread, would panties get bunched and knickers twisted? I know weed is still technically illegal in some places and tobacco makes many apoplectic, so I wouldn't want to spur a run on the fainting couch. I'd just like to compare notes on commercial products, market vagaries, and growing tips.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Kraken wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:49 pm Idly wondering...if someone were to start a "Whatcha Smoking?" thread, would panties get bunched and knickers twisted? I know weed is still technically illegal in some places and tobacco makes many apoplectic, so I wouldn't want to spur a run on the fainting couch. I'd just like to compare notes on commercial products, market vagaries, and growing tips.
Dude, what are you smoking?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I don't really think it'd bother me. I don't smoke, but I live in a state where it's legal. Even in states where it's still illegal (and I guess it's still technically illegal everywhere on a federal level) a general discussion of it doesn't seem to be a problem to me. I'd draw the line at advertising or giving instructions on where to buy in states where it's illegal, though.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Damn. There goes Kraken's next enterprise. :wink:

OK, I'll start my thread the next time have something worth saying to or asking the community. Or maybe just the next time I'm like rilly rilly high.