The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Rip

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Rip »

Paingod wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:25 am I think that was an excerpt from his next book, titled "How to Make Enemies and Alienate People"

Has RIP weighed in on Trump lately? I don't remember reading a recent post... I'll have to go looking. Maybe he still thinks this is all according to plan.

*Edit: He hasn't posted anything with more than 6 words in over a month, and nothing at all in two weeks. I think the Midterms broke him.
Nope, living it up streaming my butt off on twitch. They have a streamer over there that does some really good politics streams you guys should check out. His twitch name is imreallyimportant.

Things are going great in my book. A little bumpy with losing the house, but at least the senate advantage was increased. Now we get to see the left flip the logic on government shutdowns.

All is well!
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Rip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am Now we get to see the left flip the logic on government shutdowns.
Um...wat?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Rip

Post by Rip »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:32 am
Rip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am Now we get to see the left flip the logic on government shutdowns.
Um...wat?
Certainly at some point they will try do a shutdown. Something that were roundly criticized for doing/considering. Just going to be fun to hear the logic for why it is a good thing this time to force one.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

How about, "It's fiscally irresponsible to spend 5 billion dollars on toddler toys?"
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Rip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:29 am
Paingod wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:25 am I think that was an excerpt from his next book, titled "How to Make Enemies and Alienate People"

Has RIP weighed in on Trump lately? I don't remember reading a recent post... I'll have to go looking. Maybe he still thinks this is all according to plan.

*Edit: He hasn't posted anything with more than 6 words in over a month, and nothing at all in two weeks. I think the Midterms broke him.
Nope, living it up streaming my butt off on twitch. They have a streamer over there that does some really good politics streams you guys should check out. His twitch name is imreallyimportant.

Things are going great in my book. A little bumpy with losing the house, but at least the senate advantage was increased. Now we get to see the left flip the logic on government shutdowns.

All is well!
Since I do not believe you to be a fully on idiot I finally have to give in and admit you have simply become a full time troll. Sad.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Rip wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:37 am
Um...wat?
Certainly at some point they will try do a shutdown. Something that were roundly criticized for doing/considering. Just going to be fun to hear the logic for why it is a good thing this time to force one.
Trump is actually the one calling for a shutdown. Any blow back on that could potentially hit Republicans...hard.

Also, what are you streaming?
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Um...wat?
Yes, let's shut down the government to pay for a wall nobody wants to pay for... even Mexico.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:06 pm
Um...wat?
Trump is actually the one calling for a shutdown. Any blow back on that could potentially hit Republicans...hard.

Also, what are you streaming?
Some gaming, some shooting of the shit. Special effect, green screen fun, soundboard goofing. I even have my security cameras on stream, I eat, I drink. Been doing about 10 hours a day.

https://www.twitch.tv/rip4ever
“A simple democracy is the devil’s own government.”
— Benjamin Rush
--
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I opened that link, saw a warning about mature content, envisioned what that meant in a Rip-centric feed, quietly closed my laptop's lid, then took it down to the maintenance room and had them burn it.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Mother will not be happy:
But the ominous signs of Mueller’s progress have not completely overwhelmed other subplots. On Monday, Trump hosted a 2020 strategy meeting with a group of advisers. Among the topics discussed was whether Mike Pence should remain on the ticket, given the hurricane-force political headwinds Trump will face, as demonstrated by the midterms, a source briefed on the session told me. “They’re beginning to think about whether Mike Pence should be running again,” the source said, adding that the advisers presented Trump with new polling that shows Pence doesn’t expand Trump’s coalition. “He doesn’t detract from it, but he doesn’t add anything either,” the source said.
It's almost like...someone is getting nervous.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Rip

Post by Rip »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:47 pm I opened that link, saw a warning about mature content, envisioned what that meant in a Rip-centric feed, quietly closed my laptop's lid, then took it down to the maintenance room and had them burn it.
:lol:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:03 pm Mother will not be happy:
But the ominous signs of Mueller’s progress have not completely overwhelmed other subplots. On Monday, Trump hosted a 2020 strategy meeting with a group of advisers. Among the topics discussed was whether Mike Pence should remain on the ticket, given the hurricane-force political headwinds Trump will face, as demonstrated by the midterms, a source briefed on the session told me. “They’re beginning to think about whether Mike Pence should be running again,” the source said, adding that the advisers presented Trump with new polling that shows Pence doesn’t expand Trump’s coalition. “He doesn’t detract from it, but he doesn’t add anything either,” the source said.
Imagine being Trump, surveying the political situation, and concluding that the issue must be that Mike Pence is weighing you down.
Black Lives Matter.
Biyobi

Post by Biyobi »

I'm curious how this plays out. We've talked about the fact that A/B-list politicians want nothing to do with Trump at this point, especially after the mid-term shellacking. Anyone associated with Trump automatically gets loaded with his baggage. Who on the C/D-list is going to bring anyone new to the voting booth that Trump doesn't already have?
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

That doesn't sound nervous to me. Trump's rotating administration is his way of staying the course.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm Imagine being Trump, surveying the political situation, and concluding that the issue must be that Mike Pence is weighing you down.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I'm hoping that Pence has been fully documenting his experiences in the administration. Maybe he'll give us, or perhaps the courts, some insight when all is said and done.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:46 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:14 pm Imagine being Trump, surveying the political situation, and concluding that the issue must be that Mike Pence is weighing you down.
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I'm hoping that Pence has been fully documenting his experiences in the administration. Maybe he'll give us, or perhaps the courts, some insight when all is said and done.
My impression of Pence is that he is a pretty ambitious and self-serving guy, so I would be surprised if he wasn't planning around this sort of thing.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Biyobi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:17 pm
I'm curious how this plays out. We've talked about the fact that A/B-list politicians want nothing to do with Trump at this point, especially after the mid-term shellacking. Anyone associated with Trump automatically gets loaded with his baggage. Who on the C/D-list is going to bring anyone new to the voting booth that Trump doesn't already have?
The highest-profile, least-absurd, most potentially beneficial option would be Nikki Haley, who has played a deft game of staying in Trump's good graces without being implicated in his scandals.

It's true that she left the administration when she announced her resignation as UN ambassador, but even then Trump's response was unusual. He didn't attack her, and IIRC he even hinted that she might rejoin the administration later in a different role.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm My impression of Pence is that he is a pretty ambitious and self-serving guy, so I would be surprised if he wasn't planning around this sort of thing.
My impression of Pence is the same one I do of a lawn chair.
Last edited by hepcat on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:39 pm That doesn't sound nervous to me. Trump's rotating administration is his way of staying the course.
Let's remember that Flynn hand-picked Pence and that Pence was part of the transition team and their contact with Russia that was just named as part of Mueller's released paperwork. Remember when Pence denied Russian contact during the transition back in January of 2017? Turns out, not so much.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:12 pm
LordMortis wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:39 pm That doesn't sound nervous to me. Trump's rotating administration is his way of staying the course.
Let's remember that Flynn hand-picked Pence and that Pence was part of the transition team and their contact with Russia that was just named as part of Mueller's released paperwork. Remember when Pence denied Russian contact during the transition back in January of 2017? Turns out, not so much.
I will accept letting him off free if he helps burn a certain PotUS to the ground.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm
El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:53 pm My impression of Pence is that he is a pretty ambitious and self-serving guy, so I would be surprised if he wasn't planning around this sort of thing.
My impression of Pence is the same one I do of a lawn chair.
How often do you do impressions of lawn chairs?
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Whenever I'm asked to do an impression of Mike Pence.
He won. Period.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm
The highest-profile, least-absurd, most potentially beneficial option would be Nikki Haley, who has played a deft game of staying in Trump's good graces without being implicated in his scandals.

It's true that she left the administration when she announced her resignation as UN ambassador, but even then Trump's response was unusual. He didn't attack her, and IIRC he even hinted that she might rejoin the administration later in a different role.
She left ahead of a potential scandal. Not sure if it was ever investigated, so there might be nothing there - but running would certainly bring it back up.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Holman

Post by Holman »

stessier wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm
Holman wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm

She left ahead of a potential scandal. Not sure if it was ever investigated, so there might be nothing there - but running would certainly bring it back up.
Yeah, but her scandal was almost routine, the kind of thing that requires an apology and sincere regret but that doesn't destroy a career.

Her scandal was basically Scott Pruitt on any given Tuesday. Before lunch.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm Whenever I'm asked to do an impression of Mike Pence.
Do you ever do an impression of a lawn chair separate from your impression of Mike Pence?
Black Lives Matter.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Does the guy who wouldn't recite the Apostles Creed lose evangelicals without Pence, or are they really that all-in? I thought that they were his only asset.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Kraken wrote:
Does the guy who wouldn't recite the Apostles Creed lose evangelicals without Pence, or are they really that all-in? I thought that they were his only asset.
Trump: "Hey Mike, you're supposed to be my God guy. Why the hell didn't you tell me about the Apollo Creed thing!?!"
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 pm Trump: "Hey Mike, you're supposed to be my God guy. Why the hell didn't you tell me about the Apollo Creed thing!?!"
Also, who is this hey-zeus fellow and do I need to be worried about him?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:52 pm Whenever I'm asked to do an impression of Mike Pence.
Do you ever do an impression of a lawn chair separate from your impression of Mike Pence?
He does. He's pretty comfy.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Only the best people. (US Ambassador to Canada believes 'both sides' of climate science have solid data, she donated hundreds of thousands of bucks to Trump, and her husband just happens to be a coal magnate.)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:12 pm
They’re not the same thing? :?

Seriously though, the guy makes Karl Rove look like a party animal.
He won. Period.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Barely a half hour after this tweet, CNN HQ was evacuated due to a bomb threat. Someone called in claiming there were 5 bombs in the building.

Thisisfine.jpg

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm becoming increasingly more comfortable with the Hitler comparison, I'm sad to say.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am I'm becoming increasingly more comfortable with the Hitler comparison, I'm sad to say.
I'm sad to say that I believe there is a non-zero percent chance that Trump called the bomb threat in himself. I mean less than 1% but still, I cannot rule it out 100%. I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility with this guy.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump wrote:The Paris Agreement isn’t working out so well for Paris. Protests and riots all over France. People do not want to pay large sums of money, much to third world countries (that are questionably run), in order to maybe protect the environment. Chanting “We Want Trump!” Love France.
What kind of president basically endorses civil unrest in an allied country?

And... he "loves France" because... they want Trump more than they want the environment, or something?

(But the premises are BS. Memes of Paris crowds chanting "We Want Trump" have been circulating on social media, but the video is actually from a hard-right rally in the UK. And the Paris protests are against the taxes landing primarily on the working class, not against the Paris Agreement or environmental protection.)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

In other news today, Cadet-in-Chief "Ol' Bonespurs" Trump provides yet another textbook demonstration of psychological projection.
Watched Da Nang Dick Blumenthal on television spewing facts almost as accurate as his bravery in Vietnam (which he never saw). As the bullets whizzed by Da Nang Dicks head, as he was saving soldiers....
....left and right, he then woke up from his dream screaming that HE LIED. Next time I go to Vietnam I will ask “the Dick” to travel with me!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:01 am
hepcat wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am I'm becoming increasingly more comfortable with the Hitler comparison, I'm sad to say.
I'm sad to say that I believe there is a non-zero percent chance that Trump called the bomb threat in himself. I mean less than 1% but still, I cannot rule it out 100%. I wouldn't put anything out of the realm of possibility with this guy.
The only reason I'd rule it out is because this type of call actually requires more subtlety than he's capable of. I mean, he probably would have introduced himself on the phone as John Barron or something...he wouldn't have been able to help himself.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Can you imagine if "tan suit" Obama had sent anything like this. Even once.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Roman

Post by Roman »

Have read a few news reports that Trump Jr. is up here in Canada for an extended hunting trip - and is trying to avoid indictment. Lots of musings about him possibly being indicted this coming week....
While feeding all the beasties out back I let a nice big fart. The smell followed all the way back to the house. It's like it was my baby and felt abandoned.