The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

El Guapo

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by El Guapo »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:57 am
Unagi wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:55 am
Defiant wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:51 am The actual, official Homeland Security website:
DHS is committed to building wall and building wall quickly. We are not replacing short, outdated and ineffective wall with similar wall. Instead, under this President we are building a wall that is 30-feet high.

FACT: Prior to President Trump taking office, we have never built wall that high.
wtf.
+1.
Black Lives Matter.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am Can't wait to find out that Trump crafted that message and then demanded it was put on the DHS website as written (or likely, dictated).
My money's on Eric Trump. Usually they just give him a keyboard that's not attached to anything and let him pretend to be tweeting for daddy. But some idiot in DHS probably let Eric use his computer so he could watch a cat video or something, and this was the result.

But seriously, did Trump demand all noun determiners be deported along with the Vietnamese this week?
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

He's done with undoing Obama. Now he's undoing Ford, Carter, and Reagan.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:30 pm
He's done with undoing Obama. Now he's undoing Ford, Carter, and Reagan.
It's like he knows he could never be one of America's great, famous presidents, so he's going for infamous instead.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Holman wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:07 am Fun fact: definite and indefinite articles don't exist in the Russian language.
Nyet, pay the man his money.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Drumpf has cancelled the WH party thrown for journalists.

:pop:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Of course he did. One of them might ask a question and hurt his delicate fee-fees.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?
Good lord, this man is an utter imbecile.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

witch hunt?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Blue sky suspicious. Why blue? Dem coverup? Where is red sky? Can't be legal, test in courts? Puppies warble barble. Gromular stage coach tiefling? Domlango ether margerlblat?

It's completely random at this point.

On the plus side, where's Cohen when you have a meritless lawsuit in mind? Oh yeah, in jail. Should be easy to get another lap dog to do your bidding. Turned out great for the last one. Yes I realize there is no shortage of people willing to compromise their ethics for personal gain. Still, it's fun to pretend.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:10 pm
A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?
Good lord, this man is an utter imbecile.

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Apparently this is what set him off.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah I read about that but hadn't seen it.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Wow, Drumpf is in full-on Twitter meltdown mode this morning, even more than usual.

Nut. Job.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote:Wow, Drumpf is in full-on Twitter meltdown mode this morning, even more than usual.

Nut. Job.
Just read a rundown of the twits on Jeff Bezos' liberal propaganda machine the Washington Post. Same old same old so not worth repeating here.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

$iljanus wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:38 am
Skinypupy wrote:Wow, Drumpf is in full-on Twitter meltdown mode this morning, even more than usual.

Nut. Job.
Just read a rundown of the twits on Jeff Bezos' liberal propaganda machine the Washington Post. Same old same old so not worth repeating here.
Yeah, it's Trump's usual "greatest hits", but I thought the sheer volume and number of random targets (Twitter bad! Facebook bad! Amazon bad! Comey bad! Dems bad! WITCH HUNT! No collusion! FISA warrants bad! Clinton bad! MAGA!) were worth noting.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve:
The Trump Foundation, the charitable foundation started by President Donald Trump years before he became a presidential candidate, which New York's top prosecutor said exhibited a "shocking pattern of illegality," will dissolve according to a court filing.

The foundation will give away its assets to other non-profit organizations in the next 30 days.
May I suggest the ACLU, Planned Parenthood and any organization involved in protecting immigrants from the Trump administration?

Additionally:
It does not stop the lawsuit by AG’s office has filed against the foundation, which was formed in 1987 and that action will continue.

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more," state AG Barbara Underwood said in a statement.

"This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests."
So much winning.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

buttery mails.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:30 pm Trump Foundation agrees to dissolve:
The Trump Foundation, the charitable foundation started by President Donald Trump years before he became a presidential candidate, which New York's top prosecutor said exhibited a "shocking pattern of illegality," will dissolve according to a court filing.

The foundation will give away its assets to other non-profit organizations in the next 30 days.
May I suggest the ACLU, Planned Parenthood and any organization involved in protecting immigrants from the Trump administration?

Additionally:
It does not stop the lawsuit by AG’s office has filed against the foundation, which was formed in 1987 and that action will continue.

“Our petition detailed a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more," state AG Barbara Underwood said in a statement.

"This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump’s business and political interests."
So much winning.
You know, it would be nice if the editorial board of at least one major news publication (I'm looking at you, NYT) would just acknowledge that they fucked up in how they covered the Trump Foundation vs. the Clinton Foundation.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:14 pm

Nut. Job.
Yeah, it's Trump's usual "greatest hits", but I thought the sheer volume and number of random targets (Twitter bad! Facebook bad! Amazon bad! Comey bad! Dems bad! WITCH HUNT! No collusion! FISA warrants bad! Clinton bad! MAGA!) were worth noting.
The comment by that guy that worked with Trump for years on his various shows is totally believable (sniffing Adderall) when you consider his manic tweets (video was posted either in this thread or R&P videos thread, not sure). I said before that most of his tweets after midnight read like he's all coked up, and I guess I wasn't far off! Geez.

Fuckin' idiot is our President.

Traitor
Liar
Philanderer
Cheater
Bully
Misogynist
Racist
Moron
Social media troll
Adderall sniffer (my personal fave)

Truly a list of qualities worthy of being our head of state.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I recommend that no one accept the money.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:14 pm

I recommend that no one accept the money.
Is there enough for a wall?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Huckabee Sanders says other funding sources for the wall will be found, government won't be shutdown. Believes it will be legal.

But Sanders told Fox News Channel: “We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion.”

“At the end of the day we don’t want to shut down the government, we want to shut down the border,” Sanders said.

Sanders said the White House was exploring other funding sources and believed it could be legally done.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote:

Nut. Job.
Most definitely worth noting for comedic value. I enjoyed his salacious "Text messages between Peter Strzok and his FBI lover Lisa Page" My phone screen was burning.

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

CEO's not happy:
DealBook has the results of a survey of 134 business leaders who were there:

President Trump. Three in four C.E.O.s said they often apologized to their international business partners about the president’s messages. Eighty-seven percent said Mr. Trump’s negotiating style had cost the nation the trust of its allies, and three-quarters felt he wasn’t leading effectively on issues critical to U.S. national security.

Trade and Huawei. Just over three-quarters said it was appropriate for Canada to arrest Meng Wanzhou, the C.F.O. of the Chinese tech giant Huawei. But just one in five supported the idea of President Trump intervening in the case. Three-fifths said the issues surrounding Huawei and Ms. Meng would affect trade tensions, and just under half said that they could affect future travel plans.

A recession. Almost half of the respondents thought the U.S. could wind up in a recession by the end of the month. The greatest threats to U.S. markets, 67 percent said, are U.S. political instability and trade negotiations.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:21 pm Huckabee Sanders says other funding sources for the wall will be found, government won't be shutdown. Believes it will be legal.

But Sanders told Fox News Channel: “We have other ways that we can get to that $5 billion.”

“At the end of the day we don’t want to shut down the government, we want to shut down the border,” Sanders said.

Sanders said the White House was exploring other funding sources and believed it could be legally done.
Sell Papal Indulgences Presidential Pardons.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

If they thought he wouldn't hurt himself or others, they'd let Eric Trump build that lemonade stand out in front of the White House that he's been begging for.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:21 pm Huckabee Sanders says other funding sources for the wall will be found, government won't be shutdown. Believes it will be legal.

My biggest problem with the wall (aside from the overall un-american-ness of it), has always been that it's not worth the money to build and maintain it, but if Conservatives come up with a way to pay for all that without just putting it on the credit card or relying on voodoo economics to pay for it, I'm ok with it being the will of the voters (despite how stupid I think those that voted for it are).

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Cut funding to the EPA
Cut funding to education
Cut funding to ACA
Sell of federal lands to mining conglomerates
Cut back on medicare and medicaid
Place more restriction and limitations on social security
Cut funding related to government regulation of finance, environment, labor laws, medical, etc...
Cut tax incentives to replace petrol energy with renewable energy
Rework the income tax deduction set.

Really all they gotta do is make the wall into a giant sport stadium. Jesus, Michigan coughed up 300,000,000 for a no ownership rights subsidy of LCA for the Illitch family pocket book, whom literally pay themselves for the ability to call it the LCA. 5 Billion? That's a mere 19 corporate naming rights sports subsidized venues. Texas could pop that out right now. Make it giant a tourist attraction, bill it to the locals ,and sell it on the idea that it will be good for local business.
Last edited by LordMortis on Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Really all they gotta do is make the wall into giant sport stadium. Jesus, Michigan coughed up 300,000,000 for no ownership rights subsidy of for LCA for the Illitch family pocket book who literally pay themselves for the ability to call it the LCA. 5 Billion? That's a mere 19 corporate naming rights sports venues. Texas could pop that out right now. Make a tourist attraction, bill it to the locals and sell it on the idea that it will be good for local business.
I smell theme parks!!! You should have a mile long replica of the Great Wall of China sponsored by Huwei, a Scotch whisky tour along "Hadrian's Wall by Diagio", a GoT ice wall from HBO...

MYT
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Federal tax penalties for self-dealing by a private foundation: 200% of the amount involved, payable by the participants.

Chance of the IRS asserting those penalties against the President - 0%
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

And Wall of Voodoo with Mexican Radio on repeat.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm And Wall of Voodoo with Mexican Radio on repeat.
Dammit, take that back! Now it's my head!
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

LordMortis wrote:
Fretmute wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm And Wall of Voodoo with Mexican Radio on repeat.
Dammit, take that back! Now it's my head!
Whoa-oh!
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Additionally:

So much winning.
You know, it would be nice if the editorial board of at least one major news publication (I'm looking at you, NYT) would just acknowledge that they fucked up in how they covered the Trump Foundation vs. the Clinton Foundation.
I feel like this should Be getting more attention than it seems to be...not from OO specifically just nation-wide. Honestly, wouldn't the GOP be marching on the WH lawn if Clinton were prez and her foundation had just been shut pending an investigation? This is extraordinary but since it's trump it's just Tuesday. So fn sad.

And yeah you're right about the coverage of not only the foundations but the candidates in general. But good luck getting anyone to apologize for anything these days.
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Maybe MbS can cut a check.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GungHo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:00 pm I feel like this should Be getting more attention than it seems to be...not from OO specifically just nation-wide. Honestly, wouldn't the GOP be marching on the WH lawn if Clinton were prez and her foundation had just been shut pending an investigation? This is extraordinary but since it's trump it's just Tuesday. So fn sad.

See. Witch Hunt. You haven't shut down the Clinton Foundation and we know Hillary is in cahoots with Putin and got people killed and sold secrets the Chinese and is about to cause a recession and ruin all the money only Trump can create. Lockerup! Lockerup! Lockerup! Things have never been better until you let her go and started this bogus investigation.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm Federal tax penalties for self-dealing by a private foundation: 200% of the amount involved, payable by the participants.

What's the NY State law say...

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:28 pm
Zarathud wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:54 pm Federal tax penalties for self-dealing by a private foundation: 200% of the amount involved, payable by the participants.

What's the NY State law say...
That's the thing. Even if the worst case scenario happens with Trump managing to shut down Mueller and suppress any report, the odds that the NYAG puts one or more of Trump's kids in jail over Trump Foundation fraud are fairly high.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:18 pm
GungHo wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:00 pm I feel like this should Be getting more attention than it seems to be...not from OO specifically just nation-wide. Honestly, wouldn't the GOP be marching on the WH lawn if Clinton were prez and her foundation had just been shut pending an investigation? This is extraordinary but since it's trump it's just Tuesday. So fn sad.

See. Witch Hunt. You haven't shut down the Clinton Foundation and we know Hillary is in cahoots with Putin and got people killed and sold secrets the Chinese and is about to cause a recession and ruin all the money only Trump can create. Lockerup! Lockerup! Lockerup! Things have never been better until you let her go and started this bogus investigation.
IIRC, prior to her candidacy, HRC was already one of the most investigated politicians ever. No fire bigger than a burning ashtray was ever found.
Black Lives Matter