Grifman

Re: The 4th Estate Thread Has Surrendered

Post by Grifman »

Nuts! An election denier!?!

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I've already been giving up on NBC. They seem to have marching orders from somewhere up the Comcast chain.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Grifman wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:13 pm Nuts! An election denier!?!
The only possible upside is that she'll find herself on panels with pushback, but I don't hope for much good from it.

Maybe she'll go back to being a Romney.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The story checks out.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I know CNN has been falling all over themselves to announce that Trump is ahead in the polls. Seems like every time I hit the page they have another poll breathlessly announcing it.

I think the media knows Trump is "good" journalism and probably can't wait to report on the horrors of his presidency.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Drumpf has continually targeted the media as part of his hate cannon. I'm sure another drumpf presidency will have work out great for journalism even with constitution protections.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Trump is undeniably more entertaining. Quiet competence is boring.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:51 pm I've already been giving up on NBC. They seem to have marching orders from somewhere up the Comcast chain.
Looks like I'm not the only one rolling their eyes at NBC decision making in the last few years.

https://apnews.com/article/nbc-news-mcd ... de0f504ad6
NEW YORK (AP) — The internal furor over NBC News’ decision to hire former Republican National Committee head Ronna McDaniel as a paid contributor spread Monday, with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” hosts saying on the air that they strongly objected and wouldn’t have her on their show.

“We hope NBC will reconsider its decision,” said Mika Brzezinski, co-host of MSNBC’s four-hour morning show with her husband, former GOP congressman Joe Scarborough.

The comments from the hosts, who said they learned about McDaniel’s hiring through press reports on Friday, followed former “Meet the Press” moderator Chuck Todd’s public criticism a day earlier. Todd said many NBC News journalists were uncomfortable with hiring because of McDaniel’s “gaslighting” and “character assassination” while at the RNC.

There was no immediate comment on Monday from NBC News or McDaniel.
There's more.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Man if Chuck freakin' Todd thinks this is too far, you know you have a problem.
Black Lives Matter.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:09 pm Man if Chuck freakin' Todd thinks this is too far, you know you have a problem.
My thoughts exactly.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Short version: McDaniel is either or liar or craven... or most probably, both. Again, what is much more interesting to me is that NBC/Comcast were eager to start paying her for craven/lying opinion wherein she states she supports her party over legal elections and the basis of our republic.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

At first I wasn't sure what all the hubbub was about, but the more I listen to Todd and the others protesting her hiring, the more I agree with them.
He won. Period.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 am Short version: McDaniel is either or liar or craven... or most probably, both.
She literally removed "Romney" from her last name so Trump would like her more...
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Didn't she confirm in that video that she was a liar?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

gilraen wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:53 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:16 am Short version: McDaniel is either or liar or craven... or most probably, both.
She literally removed "Romney" from her last name so Trump would like her more...
And how did that work out for her?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Kraken wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:18 pm Trump is undeniably more entertaining. Quiet competence is boring.
And plus you don’t even have to try to find material to harp on about on your late night news or comedy show. Trump writes all your material for you.

Obama was terrible for these guys - he has no scandals which is peerless for a modern president outside of ignorant conspiracy theories and he is capable of delivering his own jokes nearly on par with a late night comedian.

A lot of people vote on name recognition as well; despite it all Trump has name recognition. A portion of the electorate don’t know who Biden is.

https://thoughtcatalog.com/nico-lang/20 ... l-numbers/
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Well that's that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/style/me ... -backlash/
Amid a chorus of on-air protest from some of the network’s biggest stars, NBC announced on Tuesday night that former Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel will no longer be joining the network as a paid contributor.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:25 pm Well that's that.

Amid a chorus of on-air protest from some of the network’s biggest stars, NBC announced on Tuesday night that former Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel will no longer be joining the network as a paid contributor.
Good riddance. How anyone in management at NBC thought this was good idea is beyond me.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Cesar Conde
Cesar Conde is Chairman of the NBCUniversal News Group. In this role, Conde has oversight of NBC News, CNBC, MSNBC, NBC News NOW, NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises Group and NBCUniversal Local.
Prior to Univision, Conde served as a White House Fellow for Secretary of State Colin L. Powell from 2002–2003.
Conde serves on the board of directors of Walmart (NYSE: WMT) and PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP). He is also a Trustee of the Aspen Institute and a Board Member at the Council on Foreign Relations. He holds a B.A. with honors from Harvard University and an M.B.A. from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 pm
Trying to befriend Trump is like trying to befriend an alligator. An alligator with a 2nd grade education. And serious personality disorders. And...you know what, it's stupid. It's just stupid.
He won. Period.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Too many fights over nametags at the Romney Family Picnic.
McDaniel was born Ronna Romney on March 20, 1973, in Austin, Texas. The third of five children born to Ronna Romney and Scott Romney, the older brother of Mitt Romney,
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Grifman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:50 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:25 pm Well that's that.

Good riddance. How anyone in management at NBC thought this was good idea is beyond me.
They were apparently courting trump supporters. Maybe playing 4D chess? This study is a couple of years old, but perhaps germane: What happens when a group of Fox News viewers watch CNN for a month?
Given the steady stream of misinformation an avid Fox News consumer is subjected to, the viewers – predominantly elderly, white and Donald Trump-supporting – are sometimes written off as lost causes by Democrats and progressives, but according to a new study, there is still hope.

In an unusual, and labor intensive, project, two political scientists paid a group of regular Fox News viewers to instead watch CNN for a month. At the end of the period, the researchers found surprising results; some of the Fox News watchers had changed their minds on a range of key issues, including the US response to coronavirus and Democrats’ attitude to police.

Most of the CNN switchers stuck to the length of the task, according to the study. But once it was over, and the $15 an hour was taken away, “viewers returned to watching Fox News”, Kalla said.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm They were apparently courting trump supporters.
You think?
Kraken wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:50 pm
Given the steady stream of misinformation an avid Fox News consumer is subjected to, the viewers – predominantly elderly, white and Donald Trump-supporting – are sometimes written off as lost causes by Democrats and progressives, but according to a new study, there is still hope.
Adding if we feed them conservative misinformation from conservative sources fed by billionaire oligarch string pullers from traditionally unbiased, moderate, or liberal sources then they will integrate that misinformation in to their world view as well.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Too funny coming from FOX:

waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

hepcat wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 pm
Jaymann wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:08 pm
Trying to befriend Trump is like trying to befriend an alligator. An alligator with a 2nd grade education. And serious personality disorders. And...you know what, it's stupid. It's just stupid.

Here we see trump supporters in their natural habit lining up to get a glimpse of their hero.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

....Trump-o-dile sneakers and steaks are being sold at a stand behind them.
He won. Period.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

It's more like the 4th Estate is overwhelmed...
The number of partisan news outlets in the US masquerading as legitimate journalism now equals genuine local newspaper sites, researchers say, as so-called pink slime operators gear up ahead of November’s presidential election.

Pink slime sites mimic local news providers but are highly partisan and tend to bury their deep ties to dark money, lobbying groups, and special interests.

NewsGuard, which rates the quality and trustworthiness of news sites, has identified 1,197 pink slime sites operating in the US as of April 1—about as many as the estimated 1,200 real news sites operated by daily local newspapers.
Pink slime news indeed.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Pseudo press surrenders:

Couldn’t happen to a better rag.