Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Game Over

Post by El Guapo »

DAMMIT! Still seems like the best reading of the thread. I demand a recount!

Oh well.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Re: Star Wars - The Empire's Challenge - Day 8

Post by El Guapo »

Lassr wrote:<sigh> El Guapo, you said you would do the opposite of your feeling...
I know, but my instinct was to go with the opposite of my conclusion, so I went with the opposite of that.
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

Good job everyone!

On my cell. Please pardon auto-corrects.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Oh, it was so close!

I am impressed by El Guapo's close reading of the entire thread there at the end, even as he misread Scoop at every turn.

I think the only thing I got right was my intuition that PLW's calling Scoop a Rebel there at the end felt too contrived to be believed.

bb2112, thanks for the game! I had fun.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

How did you get Issy to act so damn suspicious at the end?! I WANT TO KNOW!
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I was not able to use my force suggestion, only the dead scans...(and I think I was the 1st special killed)

For the record, I have reviewed the Imps secret forum and Scoop is now my mortal enemy...

You guys probably could have left me alive until then end since I would have no idea when to use my power other than the scans.. AND I actually died leaning towards Scoop being good... up until I started watching him as a Force Ghost (and since this is a pubic forum, you really don't want to know what I saw...ewww..)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Also, for the record.. I really am a noob... and obviously no coaching being done,, :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

This game is under protest due to the mod allowing the double night kill of Vader presenting his order to force choke me. :evil:

I had the perfect run as Seer. Nailed Scoop with the scan and would have made Vader nearly impotent by announcing it. Denied by a preset order. Grrrrrrr.

Well done Imps.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
PLW

Post by PLW »

Yeah..I don't love a rule set that makes timing so important. I would have force choked you before night fell, and we would have protected dooku, but in both cases real life intervened, together with a fast lynch. I know it's part of the game, but this rule set seemed to particularly advantage people who could follow in realtime.

Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Remus West wrote:This game is under protest due to the mod allowing the double night kill of Vader presenting his order to force choke me. :evil:

I had the perfect run as Seer. Nailed Scoop with the scan and would have made Vader nearly impotent by announcing it. Denied by a preset order. Grrrrrrr.

Well done Imps.
For the record, if we had lynched BB when I said we should, none of this would have happened.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Let's say that I didn't get any work done the afternoon I was going to be killed. I was holding out as long as I could.... Fortunately, someone didn't send me the data I needed to be productive that day anyway.

I hoped to claim that Obi-Wan was forcing me to vote for Unagi, but never had the chance.

A cold day in hell, Scoop. You glorious bastard.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Zarathud wrote:Let's say that I didn't get any work done the afternoon I was going to be killed. I was holding out as long as I could.... Fortunately, someone didn't send me the data I needed to be productive that day anyway.

I hoped to claim that Obi-Wan was forcing me to vote for Unagi, but never had the chance.

A cold day in hell, Scoop. You glorious bastard.
Damn.. I wish that had happened. If so, I would have forced you to vote for yourself since I would know you are lying.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

I hoped for Scoop to get a scan from a Rebel lynch, but he misled El Guapo only by missing the early lynches. It worked out in the end.

:mrgreen:
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zarathud wrote:I hoped for Scoop to get a scan from a Rebel lynch, but he misled El Guapo only by missing the early lynches. It worked out in the end.

:mrgreen:
Day 3 was more important. Seemed super unlikely that Scoop would go so far to avoid Unagi in favor of throwing RMC under the bus. But then, he does like taking down RMC, so...
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Grundbegriff wrote:Wait-- what?!
I know, right?
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Out of the four of us my power was so weak I figured I had to try and play the long game in case the others blew up. Also, at the time I was trying to earn Unagi's trust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:This game is under protest due to the mod allowing the double night kill of Vader presenting his order to force choke me. :evil:

Well done Imps.
Yeah, you really did a good job. Too bad about the Vader kill order, although I'm not sure what the ideal procedure for that situation would be. Seems like either you allow the preset kill order to prevent the seer from talking, or you basically force the seer and the shooter to continuously monitor the thread so as to post and/or shoot the minute that the mod posts the night kill (and starts the new day).
Black Lives Matter.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I still wish we could have targeted scoop when vorret announced he was protecting. It would have been amazing!

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote:

Well done Imps.
Yeah, you really did a good job. Too bad about the Vader kill order, although I'm not sure what the ideal procedure for that situation would be. Seems like either you allow the preset kill order to prevent the seer from talking, or you basically force the seer and the shooter to continuously monitor the thread so as to post and/or shoot the minute that the mod posts the night kill (and starts the new day).
I went back and forth on this quite a bit. We let standing orders happen all the time, but this was a pivotal play. If RW got there first then the last Imperial would have been exposed and it would have been an easy victory, or if Vader got there first then there was still some question and the Imperials had a chance. If all things were equal I would have let things play out but there was some stuff going on with PLW (you can read it in the wolf forum) in real life that was interfering with his ability to play. I didn't think it was fair to him or the rest of the Imperial team to not let a standing order happen in this case. I get RW's point, but this was a tough call.

Remus played a masterful game and I can't believe how many times Zarathud and the other Imperials were so close to killing him when something would always come up and drive the Imperials in a new direction. The Mon Vorret thing was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in one of these games. If Vorret didn't make the HUGE mistake of outing himself when he clearly didn't need to, then Remus would have died that night. Vorret ended up doing by accident exactly what MM was designed to do on purpose.

I say let this be a lesson to the wolves, you need to eliminate Remus early. If you don't, you are playing with fire.

Also Unagi had pretty much all the Imperials pegged by day 2 and nobody would listen. His ability to sleuth out the answers in these games leave me in awe time and time again. :bow-blue:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks to everyone that played. I had a lot of fun running the game and hope you had fun playing.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Holman

Post by Holman »

Did!
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I want to point out I somehow slipping Unagi's noose for the first and only time. That was my achievement for the game. Oh, and winning too. :)

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote:I want to point out I somehow slipping Unagi's noose for the first and only time. That was my achievement for the game. Oh, and winning too. :)

Not only winning, but being last man standing. I thought for sure you were a goner after you announced you wanted Lassr to protect you.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Scoop played the mad Jedi, that's for sure.

Had a lot of fun, but watching is less stressful!
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Zarathud wrote:Scoop played the mad Jedi, that's for sure.

Zarathud, you did a great job. You helped get Unagi lynched which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I REALLY hope you come back and play more WW games with us in the future.
PLW

Post by PLW »

I'm not sure my unwavering pursuit of El Guapo was very effective. I want to point out that I was right, Rebels. You should have lynched him.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:I want to point out I somehow slipping Unagi's noose for the first and only time. That was my achievement for the game. Oh, and winning too. :)

Not only winning, but being last man standing. I thought for sure you were a goner after you announced you wanted Lassr to protect you.
Yep. That post alone should have crucified him in the end game. Why that was allowed to slip through I don't know.

So, given that you debated the set kill order and still screwed me, lets talk about protection. I thought you had said (I could be wrong on this as I haven't gone back and looked) that the force choke could only impact a protected player if the bad guys KNEW the players role. Not through claim but through scan. If Lassr protected me then Vader shouldn't have been able to choke me as they never got a scan.

I was robbed I tell you. Robbed.

You made me lose to SCOOP. Damn you. :P :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

PLW wrote:I'm not sure my unwavering pursuit of El Guapo was very effective. I want to point out that I was right, Rebels. You should have lynched him.
:lol:

I had scanned him I believe so I would have fought hard to keep him alive. This is why I don't bother scanning folks like Grund or Chaosraven. They tend to die one way or the other early and if they don't then the village should make sure they do as they are probably evil.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Punisher wrote:

Well done Imps.
For the record, if we had lynched BB when I said we should, none of this would have happened.
Keep in mind that lynching bb2112 is typically the best plan in any game/party/life. :twisted:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

On the plus side, I have that party at Vorret's house to look forward to.
Black Lives Matter.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Did I miss the link to the Imperial forum?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote:Did I miss the link to the Imperial forum?
Sorry, that's only for the cool kids.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:On the plus side, I have that party at Vorret's house to look forward to.
I'll get the pool ready!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:Did I miss the link to the Imperial forum?
Yes. I sent it to you again.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: Keep in mind that lynching bb2112 is typically the best plan in any game/party/life. :twisted:
Awww, you do care. :wub:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

bb2112 wrote:
Zarathud wrote:Scoop played the mad Jedi, that's for sure.

Zarathud, you did a great job. You helped get Unagi lynched which is not an easy thing to accomplish. I REALLY hope you come back and play more WW games with us in the future.
Yes, I was dead if Zarathud hadn't taken one for the team and distracted Unagi. Good work!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well reading that just made me more irritated about the "double" night kill. Not only did you allow the standing order, you suggested it. :evil:

All those types of things have always been clock races and prompting/allowing that absolutely altered the outcome of the game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:You made me lose to SCOOP. Damn you. :P :lol:
Thanks BB!
Enlarge Image

PLW

Post by PLW »