Starship R. Scott III - Guards Win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: Starship R. Scott III - Liftoff!

Post by Vorret »

Archinerd wrote:Isn't alien blood acidic?
I'm a very basic human being I'll be fine!
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Remus West wrote:I'd suggest scanning Lagom. We don't give a rats ass about who the corporation stooges are. We need to find the robot. Lagom knows that. He advised us early regarding not making this an in fight between humans then the first chance he got he turned it into one. Lagom looks Symbiotic to me and could be infected if not a robot.
I do agree we need to find the robot. I'm human, though. Not too sure about you.

I seriously doubt Chaosraven would pick me as the alien host. I tend to not live very long in these games.
Actually, if you read up you absolutely KNOW I'm not infected AND highly highly likely to be Human - only way I'm not is if I (as a robot) decided to risk locking myself up day 1.

You on the other hand quickly went after one of the only two players we could be sure are not a host rather than trying to off one of the Corporate players that might be infected. You, who talked about being careful to not make this a human/human battle turned it into one on the first day rather than trying to actually aim for the Human Victory goal first and then settle the Convict/Corporate dispute. You abandoned your own advice when the road to possible victory for you suddenly got very narrow with the death of ChaosAlien.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Remus West wrote:I'd suggest scanning Lagom. We don't give a rats ass about who the corporation stooges are. We need to find the robot. Lagom knows that. He advised us early regarding not making this an in fight between humans then the first chance he got he turned it into one. Lagom looks Symbiotic to me and could be infected if not a robot.
I do agree we need to find the robot. I'm human, though. Not too sure about you.

I seriously doubt Chaosraven would pick me as the alien host. I tend to not live very long in these games.
Actually, if you read up you absolutely KNOW I'm not infected AND highly highly likely to be Human - only way I'm not is if I (as a robot) decided to risk locking myself up day 1.

You on the other hand quickly went after one of the only two players we could be sure are not a host rather than trying to off one of the Corporate players that might be infected. You, who talked about being careful to not make this a human/human battle turned it into one on the first day rather than trying to actually aim for the Human Victory goal first and then settle the Convict/Corporate dispute. You abandoned your own advice when the road to possible victory for you suddenly got very narrow with the death of ChaosAlien.
Also nobody wins if we can't scan the host on time and now we have an internal battle between humans instead where the focus is offing specials instead of figuring the best scan targets.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Ah, your tears are delicious.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

:lol:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:
Ah, no.
Really? Do tell. Why no. Have you really thought this through?

Players
1. Lagom Lite - ?
2. chaosraven - dead Alien
3. Holman - Dead guard
4. Remus West -
5. Moliere -
6. Archinerd -
7. bb2112 -
8. Isgrimnur -
9. Grundbegriff -
10. El Guapo -
11. Vorret -
12. tru1cy -

Corporate - 1 Guard, 2 Engineers, 1 Symbiotic backstabber = 4
Convicts - 1 Hacker, 5 Convicts = 6

Robot locks down Convict player - 4-5
Guard shoots a different Convict player - 4-4
Engineers refuse to unlock Convict due to not wishing to be voted next for the spacewalk. No votes get done and nobody gets unlocked - night phase.

See an issue for the Convicts arising here? Still happy you listened to Lagom and his rush to kill a non-infected Human rather than trying to find an Infected or Non-Human? You put us into a spiral where the Sybiot has a chance to win rather than the Convicts. We should have been pushing to find the other Guard and toss him before he could shoot us.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

I'm confused as to which side you're on Remus but I agree that it's a somewhat more complicated game than we usually play and a few players just decided to airlift someone (a guaranteed non-infected perfectly harmless guard) without any discussion as to how that may affect the rest of the game.
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Ah, no.

Players
1. Lagom Lite - ?
3. Holman - Dead guard
4. Remus West -
5. Moliere -
6. Archinerd -
7. bb2112 -
8. Isgrimnur -
9. Grundbegriff -
10. El Guapo -
11. Vorret -
12. tru1cy -

Engineers refuse to unlock Convict due to not wishing to be voted next for the spacewalk. No votes get done and nobody gets unlocked - night phase.

See an issue for the Convicts arising here? Still happy you listened to Lagom and his rush to kill a non-infected Human rather than trying to find an Infected or Non-Human? You put us into a spiral where the Sybiot has a chance to win rather than the Convicts. We should have been pushing to find the other Guard and toss him before he could shoot us.
Ok, but Isgrimnur is just as likely to be the symbiot or converted alien as LL. Probably more so. Although your logic of guard shots and lock downs are sound, your conclusion about LL as a much more viable scan target than most others is not. Just because he led this revolt doesn't mean he isn't a convict. If by the slimmest of chances I'm wrong and LL is not a convict and the symbiot, then heh, what can you do? It just seems way more likely that you are trying to get us to waste a scan that would give us much better odds on who the symbiot would be.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

bb2112 wrote:My preference would be Isgrimnur but that is not up to me. :D
What the hell did I do this time?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote:
You know what you did.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
You know what you did.
He does, doesn't he?
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Re: Starship R. Scott III - Sign ups in progress

Post by bb2112 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Maybe I can not get myself immediately lynched on this journey.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Technically you die in the vacuum of space , unless we lynch them and then shoot them out of a tube?

Hmm
Isgrimnur wrote:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Technically you die in the vacuum of space , unless we lynch them and then shoot them out of a tube?

Hmm
Any way you want to go, Vorret. Any way you want to go.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

bb2112 wrote:
Vorret wrote:
bb2112 wrote:

Hmm
Any way you want to go, Vorret. Any way you want to go.
I want you to shave me first.
My whole body.
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote:
Isgrimnur's already accomplished this, seeing as how both Chaosraven and Holman died first.

So, good job Isgrimnur!

Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:D Thank you.

:horse:
Holman

Post by Holman »

DOES THIS AIRLOCK EVEN WORK?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

"Did you guys see that? I friggin blew that alien away!" yelled Holman.

"Great job, Kid! That was one in a million." said Isgrimnur smacking him on the back.

Everyone high fived Holman and lifted him on to their shoulders and paraded Holman around the hold.

And then tossed him in the airlock...

Night Two:

Alive:
Lagom Lite
Remus West
Moliere
Archinerd
bb2112
Isgrimnur
Grundbegriff
El Guapo
Vorret
tru1cy

Dead:
chaosraven ----> barbecued alien
Holman --------> human popsicle (Holman flavored)

Course Correction Boilerplate:
Computer Hacker: Which player's cryo pod medical report will you decrypt?
Symbiont: Will you lock down a player's cryo pod?
Alien: Who will you attempt to kill OR who will you attempt to implant an egg into?

Deadline Wednesday, April 5, 2017 12:00 noon ET.

All Course Correction Play orders must be in before the hard deadline, or forfeit.

If anyone would like to join the R Scott III spoiler slack channel for real time discussion of the game, send me a PM. Also, as players are eliminated they will be sent a PM inviting them to join.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Holman

Post by Holman »

:binky: I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies. :binky:
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Chaosraven wrote::binky: :pop: :binky:
11 more and you are at 20k.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Scoop20906 wrote: Dead:
Shouldn't that be Holman Popsicle (Human Flavored)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

bb2112 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:
Ah, no.

Players
1. Lagom Lite - ?
3. Holman - Dead guard
4. Remus West -
5. Moliere -
6. Archinerd -
7. bb2112 -
8. Isgrimnur -
9. Grundbegriff -
10. El Guapo -
11. Vorret -
12. tru1cy -

Ok, but Isgrimnur is just as likely to be the symbiot or converted alien as LL. Probably more so. Although your logic of guard shots and lock downs are sound, your conclusion about LL as a much more viable scan target than most others is not. Just because he led this revolt doesn't mean he isn't a convict. If by the slimmest of chances I'm wrong and LL is not a convict and the symbiot, then heh, what can you do? It just seems way more likely that you are trying to get us to waste a scan that would give us much better odds on who the symbiot would be.
Actually if the symbiot was smart he would lock up one of the people he suspects of being crew in order to get rid of the engineers. He has to hope he is locking up the host and since only the engineers can open the pods, the symbiot would want to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

He can only lock 1 person up at a time. If he locks up someone that did not just toss one of our two known clean players out the airlock then one of the Engineers is nearly certain to unlock that player. Given that there are two Engineers that is a completely losing battle for him. Since the players that tossed Holman are just as likely to be infected as those that did not locking one of them up - since that player will remain in lockdown - is the only play that makes sense.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote:He can only lock 1 person up at a time. If he locks up someone that did not just toss one of our two known clean players out the airlock then one of the Engineers is nearly certain to unlock that player. Given that there are two Engineers that is a completely losing battle for him. Since the players that tossed Holman are just as likely to be infected as those that did not locking one of them up - since that player will remain in lockdown - is the only play that makes sense.
Nope. By locking up people suspected of being the crew it ensures the convicts get rid of the crew. His primary objective is to lock up the host. His secondary would be to get rid of anyone who can unlock cryo pods. That would be engineers. At this point our objectives are aligned.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

****** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ******

SENDER: MOTHER

MESSAGE BEGINS....

Course Correction complete. We have normality. I repeat, we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own problem.

MESSAGE ENDS.....

==============================

"Looks like bb2112 isn't getting up." remarked Lagom Lite.

Enlarge Image

Day Two
Guard, will you use your pocket incinerator gun today?
Engineer, will you disengage a cryo pod's lockdown?

Alive:
Lagom Lite
Remus West
Moliere
Archinerd
Isgrimnur
Grundbegriff
El Guapo
Vorret
tru1cy

Locked down:
bb2112

Dead:

Voting Majority is 5.

No deadline (yet).

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

No scan?!?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

****** CICP COMMUNICATIONS ******

SENDER: MOTHER

MESSAGE BEGINS....

Medical Report:
Name: BB2112
Weight: 189 lbs
Height: 5'6''
Medical Condition: Healthy

MESSAGE ENDS.....

==============================

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Ah, nevermind!
Carry on :P

Lagom 

Isgrimnur wrote:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

A note to the engineers: letting bb2112 before voting ends changes the total needed from five to six.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Or, since he's on the other side of the humans, they might just leave him on ice.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

imo they'd be stupid to let him out at this point
Isgrimnur wrote:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Day 2 Votes:
Lagom Lite ---->
Remus West ---->
Moliere ------->
Archinerd ----->
Isgrimnur ----->
Grundbegriff -->
El Guapo ------>
Vorret --------> Lagom Lite
tru1cy -------->

Votes:
Lagom Lite (1) - Vorret

Voting Majority is 5.

No deadline (yet).

Dead:

If anyone would like to join the R Scott III spoiler slack channel for real time discussion of the game, send me a PM. Also, as players are eliminated they will be sent a PM inviting them to join.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman still gets to vote today?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:Holman still gets to vote today?
No he doesn't.

Bad Holman!!
Enlarge Image

Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Maybe he's not dead and just chilling in space?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Since they chose not to scan him I'd say go ahead and fry Lagom rather than trying to lynch him. If you nail the host then the Robot fully joins the Corporate humans
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Remus West wrote:Since they chose not to scan him I'd say go ahead and fry Lagom rather than trying to lynch him. If you nail the host then the Robot fully joins the Corporate humans
Actually if we kill the host the symbiant can't win anymore unless I'm not reading it right.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Vorret wrote:Maybe he's not dead and just chilling in space?
Maybe give Miracle Max a call?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us