The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

Post by malchior »

Kurth wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:52 pm
malchior wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:41 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:40 pm Hopefully this doesn't have to get cross-posted in the SCOTUS thread. Why would the SC intervene in a ruling where he got what he wanted?

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump- ... 022-10-04/
They are asking SCOTUS to review the 11th circuit decision to override Cannon and allow the investigation about the classified documents to resume.
There is not a snowball's chance in hell that happens. This may be where the DOJ tactic of limiting the scope of the stay request to the 11th Cir. is going to prove its worth. I think Trump is going to get eviscerated on this one.
I agree. Thomas is giving DOJ a week to respond and the investigation continues the whole time. What will probably happen is long-term they will let the investigation continue because impeding the executive is very much outside their unitary executive doctrine. That doesn't mean there won't be narrow fuckery but it seems almost certain like Trump isn't going to get a clean victory here like he got from Cannon.

stessier

Post by stessier »

It's hard to keep track of where things are being discussed, but I think this goes here.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Oh, look.

Hodor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

At first glance, it would seem Trump's plan to extend this out past the first of the year has failed.

Enlarge Image
Covfefe!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

When Dearie did have access to the classified docs, didn't he already confirm they were classified and not subject to privilege? What's the benefit of trying to restore his access?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:59 pm When Dearie did have access to the classified docs, didn't he already confirm they were classified and not subject to privilege? What's the benefit of trying to restore his access?
No, he's never seen them. He actually said if it came to that, he'd try to make sure he never had to see them as he had no "need to know."
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

But he did confirm they were classified, right? Because the government stated they were?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Alefroth wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:26 pm But he did confirm they were classified, right? Because the government stated they were?
He took the government at it's word.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I wonder how far along Trump's team is in the document by document designation he requested.
malchior

Post by malchior »

In more ridiculous news, we got word that DOJ thinks Trump has more documents - no shit! - yet they are just dicking around asking Trump for them. No other person has been treated this way with this level of classified documents. Weissman has it right. DOJ looks lame. On top, a lot of damage is being done to national security right now.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I can’t help but feel like this is a little bit of a ‘Francis’ moment in this whole story.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This is on the wire and it is very preliminary. The tldr; is there was a story about a month ago about a woman being investigated by the FBI as a potential Russian spy. She infiltrated MAL by pretending to be a Rothschild scion. Her ex-business partner was the one who outed her. He was just shot in a mass shooting in Montreal by "3 men" who fled the scene in a black SUV. Cool. Now we're all trapped in a crappy 90s CD-ROM spy game.

Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

malchior wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:30 pmHe was just shot in a mass shooting in Montreal by "3 men" who fled the scene in a black SUV.
Shot? Not defenestrated? They really are falling apart rapidly.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:40 pm Hopefully this doesn't have to get cross-posted in the SCOTUS thread. Why would the SC intervene in a ruling where he got what he wanted?

They are asking SCOTUS to review the 11th circuit decision to override Cannon and allow the investigation about the classified documents to resume.
There is not a snowball's chance in hell that happens. This may be where the DOJ tactic of limiting the scope of the stay request to the 11th Cir. is going to prove its worth. I think Trump is going to get eviscerated on this one.
You were correct. SCOTUS told Trump no in a one sentence ruling today.
Hodor.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:36 pm

You were correct. SCOTUS told Trump no in a one sentence ruling today.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. :x
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Quite possibly *more* classified docs squirreled away?
As many as nine boxes that Donald Trump’s aides hauled from his home in Florida this year to his New Jersey resort are raising new questions about the ex-president’s hoarding of secret government documents.

Video published May 9 by the Trump-friendly Daily Mail with an article about Trump decamping from Mar-a-Lago in the hot weather and settling in at Bedminster, New Jersey, for the summer shows aides loading boxes onto a private plane ferrying Trump. The cartons appear similar to those that FBI agents confiscated at Mar-a-Lago in August with a search warrant.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Here's a thread for Isg to unroll at some future time.

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1581 ... 88768.html

Saving him the effort because I need to do it to read anyway.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Technically, he shouldn't be here.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Randy Rainbow can sleep easy.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Pathetic. And this is the party supporting law enforcement?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:14 am Pathetic. And this is the party supporting law enforcement?
You seem confused. Law enforcement is for keeping non-whites down.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zarathud wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:14 am Pathetic. And this is the party supporting law enforcement?
The thin blue line is thin indeed.
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

em2nought wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:32 pm The FBI song :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3woXf7x4I
Im sure there is an audience out there with a low enough IQ to find that both accurate and amusing.
FTE
Holman

Post by Holman »

Scraper wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:42 pm
em2nought wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:32 pm The FBI song :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d3woXf7x4I
Im sure there is an audience out there with a low enough IQ to find that both accurate and amusing.
Holy shit. Epoch Times? Really??
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

How about this one by the FBI then? Anyone with a safe deposit box should find this concerning. https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-acc ... aid-2022-9 I've got items in a private vault, now I'm thinking I need an overseas private vault(if those can be trusted)
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Trump doing more crime, maybe another investigation:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
malchior

Post by malchior »

This isn't much of a surprise to anyone who was paying close attention at the time.

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I just had a premonition that Florida Man is about to check in to the shitty overpriced hotel in the sky.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holman wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:49 pm
Scraper wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:42 pm
Holy shit. Epoch Times? Really??
Trumpers hate law enforcement. Sad but true.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Grifman wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:07 am Trump doing more crime, maybe another investigation:

One day I'll post my P&L from that DWAC bullshit. It is such a shameless, transparent grift.

Like I prepaid my parents retirement village rent for like 6 years off that trade. And I'm still sitting on a short position.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Jaymann wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:44 pm I just had a premonition that Florida Man is about to check in to the shitty overpriced hotel in the sky.
Please let that be true.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

In the sky?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Golf Cart Riders on the Storm
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:54 am Golf Cart Riders on the Stormy Daniels
Fixed
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This should be fun:

This has slipped under the radar.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

He said she isn't his type. Case closed. Sadly I can't imagine she has much of a case with something this old. I mean hell she probably wouldn't have a case if it was on film. We just have to hope he doesn't live another 20 years.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Fixed that for you:
Octavious wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:05 am He said she isn't his type. Case closed. Sadly I can't imagine she has much of a case with something this old. I mean hell she probably wouldn't have a case if it was on film. We just have to hope he doesn't live another 2 years.
FTE
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

The midterms will decide if that matters imho. They win the house and senate? We're fucked. They only win the house I think he doesn't run. Not that Desatan would be much better. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com