The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

malchior

Re: The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:01 am The midterms will decide if that matters imho. They win the house and senate? We're fucked. They only win the house I think he doesn't run. Not that Desatan would be much better. :P
I don't think it matters who wins the midterms at this point plus I don't think Trump is that calculating. We have problems that have spiraled well beyond the currents system's ability to deal with the dysfunction.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I don't know. I think it matters to some degree. If he isn't super sure he can get people to just throw him the election he might not run.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
malchior

Post by malchior »

Octavious wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:42 am I don't know. I think it matters to some degree. If he isn't super sure he can get people to just throw him the election he might not run.
That'll be mostly at the state level though and that's incredibly hard to calculate. I'm sure some evil manipulators will tell him they'll throw him the election even if it isn't true. There are a lot of folks who just want to break things now for their own gain. That's sort of why I'm at - nothing matters. We're unstable and it's becoming impossible to really even see what supposed red line norm will be tripped over next.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I think state AsG and SoSs and Governors matter more than the Senate and House when it comes to Trump's run and victory in 2024. States control their votes and we know plenty of stat GOPs were ready to send fake electors in 2020. If the GOP election denial squad can control who sends the electors then Trump will run no matter the makeup of Congress.

That said, McCarthy will start a warmup for the revenge tour in 2023 if he has the power. He's stated as much.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Indeed. It feels like after 1/6, so many garbage people at various levels (local, county, state, national) looked at each other and said, "We can do that? We can just make nonsensical claims and gum up the legal process and it works?"

We'll get a taste of what's coming in 2024 after the midterms in a few weeks. I am feeling confident it's going to be non-stop stories about how people are refusing to concede or they're challenging the process (how the voting happened, how it was counted, how it was certified, etc...) and we're in for months of turmoil.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah if Mastriano wins in PA and Lake wins in AZ then that probably matters more to the calculus than the results in Congress. Though I tend to agree with malchior in that I doubt that Trump is thinking of it at that level - he just wants power and riches (and control over prosecutions). I think Trump will 99% run (and win the nomination) - the main situation where I can see him not running is if he strikes some sort of deal with DeSantis.

One wildcard is that if Democrats outperform expectations and hold both the House and the Senate, then there's going to be a number of "Biden's tougher than we thought!" stories out of the mainstream media, which will likely have some upward impacts on his approval numbers. That in turn would make Biden look stronger / less vulnerable. *Maybe* that impacts Trump's thinking.
Black Lives Matter.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mastriano looks pretty dead in the water. Lake on the other hand looks to have a very good shot at winning. So that's great. :P
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Octavious wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 12:19 pm Mastriano looks pretty dead in the water. Lake on the other hand looks to have a very good shot at winning. So that's great. :P
The Mastriano part is, legitimately great, if that holds. And I think it will.
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well the polls the last few elections haven't exactly been super accurate so there is that. He's +11 on 538. If people show up to vote I think PA is fine. AZ will be super close and if Lake loses it will likely end up in court for months on end. It's going to be super fun. :P

malchior

Post by malchior »

My only qualm about PA is that split ticket ballots have become much less common. 2020 saw some of the least split voting we've seen - in line with polarization theory. So it's possible Shapiro is going to pull up Fetterman (the better outcome) but it's also possible Oz may pull Mastriano up.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

One thing is for sure. If Trump didn't hand pick a bunch of idiots there would be a gigantic landslide in the election. Like Georgia... The fact that Walker even has a chance with the campaign he is running shows how bad the Dems position really is. If they had a solid candidate that people might cross party lines for? No shot.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:33 pm
You probably should have gone with the Parent tweet:

Judge Carter finds that Trump lied in GA lawsuit, releases related emails under crime-fraud exception..
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The parent tweet is directly above the tweet I posted. I posted both tweets so you could see both of them simultaneously (since posting a reply tweet also shows the tweet it's replying to).
Hodor.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:32 pm The parent tweet is directly above the tweet I posted. I posted both tweets so you could see both of them simultaneously (since posting a reply tweet also shows the tweet it's replying to).
Ok, thanks. I do surf with uBlock, so I have to click through any tweet which isn't quoted.,,

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Octavious wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:19 pm One thing is for sure. If Trump didn't hand pick a bunch of idiots there would be a gigantic landslide in the election. Like Georgia... The fact that Walker even has a chance with the campaign he is running shows how bad the Dems position really is. If they had a solid candidate that people might cross party lines for? No shot.
I think it instead shows the rigidity of our polarization.

After all, both of GA's senators are currently Dems, and neither was up against a clear idiot like Walker last time. Their races were close then and this one will be close again.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh hey look, it's a mix of topics:
The Manhattan criminal trial against several of Donald Trump’s companies was interrupted Tuesday after the prosecution’s first witness — Trump organization controller Jeffrey McConney — tested positive for Covid-19. McConney, who took the stand Monday afternoon sans mask, was repeatedly gripped by coughing fits during his testimony; his positive test will put the trial on hold until next week.

The denouement of McConney’s apparent Covid diagnosis and subsequent trial trial turmoil unfolded on Twitter shortly after 2 p.m. Reporter Marta Dhanis tweeted: “TRUMP ORG TRIAL: Witness Jeffrey McConey has tested positive for COVID. He’s one of the main witness for prosecutors (subpoenaed) and he has been coughing a lot for the last 2 days.” Parties in the case told the court that McConney was “not feeling well” and that prosecutors had “arranged for a covid test to be taken to him,” reported Frank Runyeon tweeted.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not quite falling out a window, but something tells me he was enjoying unmasked life before testifying against Trump.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I would hazard a guess that senior people in Trump's organization are not likely to be the most Covid-cautious people.
Black Lives Matter.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This is interesting:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Interesting indeed.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Someone's getting indicted. It won't be Trump but someone is going to get burned here.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:05 pm Someone's getting indicted. It won't be Trump but someone is going to get burned here.
They didn’t offer Patel immunity to indict a flunky.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Grifman wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:06 pm
malchior wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:05 pm Someone's getting indicted. It won't be Trump but someone is going to get burned here.
Maybe but frankly until it happens I simply don't believe it is possible.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Agreed, I think Patel was the flunky most likely to go down. His agreeing to testify under immunity is his way of preventing that and instead putting the heat on Trump. This is classic RICO style prosecution of mob bosses. It's really the only way they'll bring him down.
FTE
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Scraper wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:24 am
Agreed, I think Patel was the flunky most likely to go down. His agreeing to testify under immunity is his way of preventing that and instead putting the heat on Trump. This is classic RICO style prosecution of mob bosses. It's really the only way they'll bring him down.
I GOT THEM TRUMP BOYS, NOW, BOSS! GYUT GYUT!!

Enlarge Image
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Trump trying to pull an Alex Jones/NRA?
James alleged last month a years-long scheme to fraudulently overvalue the Trump Organization’s portfolio by billions of dollars. And on Thursday, she warned the state Supreme Court that Trump might be shifting his holdings outside of New York — and the reach of its courts.

“Since we filed this sweeping lawsuit last month, Donald Trump and the Trump Organization have continued those same fraudulent practices and taken measures to evade responsibility,” she said in a statement. “Today, we are seeking an immediate stop to these actions because Mr. Trump should not get to play by different rules.”...

...In the new court papers, James says Trump incorporated a new “Trump Organization LLC” in Delaware on Sept. 15, then registered the company with New York as “Trump Organization II LLC” on the day her lawsuit was filed on Sept. 21.
Edit: And so ordered:

Breaking: NY Judge orders monitor over Trump Organization, a victory for @NewYorkStateAG
in her $250M fraud lawsuit against Donald Trump, his companies and officers.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BBC
Donald Trump has sued New York Attorney General Letitia James, accusing her of conducting a "war of intimidation and harassment" against him.
In the latest lawsuit - which was filed to the Florida State Circuit Court - Mr Trump accused Ms James of "a relentless, pernicious, public and unapologetic crusade" against him and the Trump Organization.

He also alleges that the attorney general's own case against him is a "plot" to obtain control of his business that began as a "cartoonish, thinly-veiled effort to publicly malign" the former president.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:12 pm BBC
Donald Trump has sued New York Attorney General Letitia James, accusing her of conducting a "war of intimidation and harassment" against him.
In the latest lawsuit - which was filed to the Florida State Circuit Court - Mr Trump accused Ms James of "a relentless, pernicious, public and unapologetic crusade" against him and the Trump Organization.

He also alleges that the attorney general's own case against him is a "plot" to obtain control of his business that began as a "cartoonish, thinly-veiled effort to publicly malign" the former president.
Filed in Florida? Yeah, he's (Trump) Judge shopping.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I love that Donald J Trump is accusing someone else of intimidation and harassment, two of his favorite activities, as though they're a crime.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

What member of the court mass media doesn’t want to be pernicious?!

Err wait, I meant relentless, public and unapologetic.
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:29 pm

It's STATE COURT. Suing the AG of NYS. I don't know what lawyer they found to file this but it's one who doesn't mind getting made fun of.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

malchior wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:58 pm

It's STATE COURT. Suing the AG of NYS. I don't know what lawyer they found to file this but it's one who doesn't mind getting made fun of.
As long as it's not the judge making fun, lawyer probably doesn't care.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 5:03 pm
malchior wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:58 pm

As long as it's not the judge making fun, lawyer probably doesn't care.
This NY Times article claims he found counsel there willing to do it and apparently the lawyers from Trump org told them they might be committing malpractice. LOL. Always someone willing to throw away their career for this dipshit. The simulation needs a reboot.
A tirade of a lawsuit that Donald J. Trump filed on Wednesday against one of his chief antagonists, the New York attorney general, was hotly opposed by several of his longstanding legal advisers, who attempted an intervention hours before it was submitted to a court.

Those opposed to the suit told the Florida attorneys who drafted it that it was frivolous and would fail, according to people with knowledge of the matter. The loudest objection came from the general counsel of Mr. Trump’s real estate business, who warned that the Floridians might be committing malpractice.

Nonetheless, the suit was filed. It accuses Attorney General Letitia James of trespassing on Mr. Trump’s right to privacy in Florida, where he lives, and seeks to halt her own civil case in New York against the former president and his company.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

A thought I had, while in another thread. Even if we never get trump on the various crimes he is being looked at for. Perhaps we can go the Al Capone route, and get him for something he can't get away from. Contempt of Court seems like a real good way to get trump into a jail cell.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Hmmm, I could definitely see a ‘YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH(LIES)!!!!’ situation with Mr. Ego.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:16 pm A thought I had, while in another thread. Even if we never get trump on the various crimes he is being looked at for. Perhaps we can go the Al Capone route, and get him for something he can't get away from. Contempt of Court seems like a real good way to get trump into a jail cell.
Al Capone didn't have a third of the country ready to go to war for him if he was obviously convicted on some minor technicality. If Trump goes to prison, it needs to be unassailable.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Maybe not war but had rockstar status back then…HUGELY popular.