The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

Post by $iljanus »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:01 pm Now that this thread has been completely derailed, here's a pic of me (left) and Clint Howard. I actually got to meet him this past weekend at NJ Horror Con. SUPER nice guy! He did not offer me tranya, but he did compliment me on my shirt.

That's an awesome shirt! Makes the investigation of Trump almost worthwhile! :lol:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Holman

Post by Holman »

em2nought wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:38 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:05 pm
em2nought wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:11 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:05 pm Still on track for a Friday afternoon arrest and a weekend in jail.
Deep fake, don't moisten your boxers just yet. :lol:
So let me get this straight. You still support a Florida Man who tried everything he could to overthrow democracy in the United States. Do you wish he had succeeded?
You're gonna believe what you believe and I'm gonna believe what I believe and nothing will change either of us. I believe the election was already stolen by good ol' Bunker Joe prior to any acts by President Trump. I believed it before President Trump ever said a word about it. I believe the powers that be were so scared of President Trump winning that a virus "accidentally" escaped from a lab, and when that didn't look like enough to take him down a crooked vote had to happen too. Then the deep state had to finish the job by backing up the phony election because they were scared of Trump too. Just like I believe what happened to JFK was fishy too.
So Democrats engineered a millions-killing worldwide virus that vaccines could defeat, and they did it during an administration that had the power to create and administer such vaccines because they knew the administration in question was so fucking stupid and reactionary that it would refuse to propagate the vaccine and prevent the deaths of millions.

Cool, cool. Very Deep State.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

When an interview goes in a direction you didn’t think it would go:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hannity tries to do this all the time, and it never works.
Black Lives Matter.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

He sure seems to be losing a lot more than he's winning lately. His appeals just get shot down pretty much instantly. I'm really trying to not pay super attention to any of this because I just find it all so depressing. We're revolving our country around a f'n madman.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Octavious wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:44 pm He sure seems to be losing a lot more than he's winning lately. His appeals just get shot down pretty much instantly. I'm really trying to not pay super attention to any of this because I just find it all so depressing. We're revolving our country around a f'n madman.
Yeah, it's a good sign that they're not even willing to help him delay it.
Black Lives Matter.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

em2nought wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:38 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:05 pm
em2nought wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:11 pm
Jaymann wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:05 pm Still on track for a Friday afternoon arrest and a weekend in jail.
Deep fake, don't moisten your boxers just yet. :lol:
So let me get this straight. You still support a Florida Man who tried everything he could to overthrow democracy in the United States. Do you wish he had succeeded?
You're gonna believe what you believe and I'm gonna believe what I believe and nothing will change either of us. I believe the election was already stolen by good ol' Bunker Joe prior to any acts by President Trump. I believed it before President Trump ever said a word about it. I believe the powers that be were so scared of President Trump winning that a virus "accidentally" escaped from a lab, and when that didn't look like enough to take him down a crooked vote had to happen too. Then the deep state had to finish the job by backing up the phony election because they were scared of Trump too. Just like I believe what happened to JFK was fishy too.
This explains so much:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:44 pm I'm really trying to not pay super attention to any of this because I just find it all so depressing.
This. Call me when things are resolved. I cannot overstate just how much I despise this former president.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

malchior

Post by malchior »

The good thing is we've seen that the courts have cleared an express lane to deal with Trump's bullshit. We can probably expect another expedited appeal.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Octavious wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:44 pm He sure seems to be losing a lot more than he's winning lately. His appeals just get shot down pretty much instantly. I'm really trying to not pay super attention to any of this because I just find it all so depressing. We're revolving our country around a f'n madman.
He doesn't have Barr running interference anymore, and McCarthy couldn't while in the minority as these started gaining steam again (and Jim Jordan is rather incompetent at it).
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:02 pm
He doesn't have Barr running interference anymore, and McCarthy couldn't while in the minority as these started gaining steam again (and Jim Jordan is rather incompetent at it).
Yes. And with Jack Smith at the head of the investigation they've even sped up much faster than when Garland was running interference or more accurate dragging his feet for Trump.

Exhibit A - all Trump's yes men are now testifying. Putting aside whether it is useful or not.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

So apparently Trump spent 8 hours under oath with another NY AG (today?). There is no way he could speak for 8 hours under oath without perjuring himself.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Unless he pleaded the 5th 500 times.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 pm Unless he pleaded the 5th 500 times.
This is my fear. Every time I read about how damning it must have been to have him talk for hours, I realize it's possible to talk for days and days if you say nothing but "5th" repeatedly.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

GreenGoo wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:36 am
Alefroth wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:00 pm Unless he pleaded the 5th 500 times.
This is my fear. Every time I read about how damning it must have been to have him talk for hours, I realize it's possible to talk for days and days if you say nothing but "5th" repeatedly.
This is a civil case. He’s not “taking the 5th.”
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He can take it if he fears it could be used in a criminal case against him, couldn't he?
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Kurth wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:06 pm This is a civil case. He’s not “taking the 5th.”
Fair enough. I literally can't keep track of everything coming down the pipe, and had just watched a podcast that talked about what "genius"
move it was to bring criminal charges first.

I understand that "taking the 5th" (i.e. refusal to answer) in a civil suit will often result in adverse inference.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Alefroth wrote:He can take it if he fears it could be used in a criminal case against him, couldn't he?
Correct.

He will also be saying I don't remember/ I don't recall often enough that he could get diagnosed with Alzheimers ...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:53 pm
Alefroth wrote:He can take it if he fears it could be used in a criminal case against him, couldn't he?
Correct.

He will also be saying I don't remember/ I don't recall often enough that he could get diagnosed with Alzheimers ...

Worked for Reagan.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote:
Correct.

Worked for Reagan.
Not really, that was all after his second term. He wasn't running for election, and he was still president.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:12 pm
Holman wrote:
Correct.

Worked for Reagan.
Not really, that was all after his second term. He wasn't running for election, and he was still president.
It allowed his lawless anti-government ideology to survive his administration's crimes and become the future of the GOP.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Correct.

Yeah, you can assert the 5th amendment in any context in which the government is compelling you to speak, if you have a reasonable fear that what you say could potentially be used against you in a current or future criminal proceeding.

And yeah, "I don't remember" is a great fallback if you can't or don't want to assert the fifth.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

This motion lays out a pretty nutso set of circumstances

BREAKING: HOLY SHIRTBALLS: Fulton County DA Fani Willis has filed a motion to remove the attorney representing 10 of the Georgia fraudulent electors. The attorney’s name is Kimberly Debrow - a former assistant DA, firm partner, and law professor in Georgia.

According to the filing, the court ORDERED Debrow to offer her clients immunity, and Debrow’s associate told the court they had. But recent interviews indicate they NEVER presented that offer to her clients! THAT’S REALLY BAD.

Not only did they NOT present the offer, they LIED to the court about it. AND, it appears as though some of her fraudulent elector clients are saying that another one of her clients committed crimes that they were not party to. That’s also REALLY BAD.

So what happened? Did Debrow lie to her associate Pierson and tell her she’d offered them all immunity when she hadn’t, and that’s why Pierson told the court they had? Was she misled by Debrow?

And did someone tell Debrow NOT to offer the electors immunity to prevent them from flipping for the State? Who is PAYING for Debrow? None other than the state GOP - led by Pierson’s client, David Shafer.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Is Mueller She Wrote one of the Louise Mensch-esque nutball accounts on this stuff? Obviously the motion is real, and covered in the Post among other places. Just curious about whether the other analysis is worthwhile or not.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm Is Mueller She Wrote one of the Louise Mensch-esque nutball accounts on this stuff? Obviously the motion is real, and covered in the Post among other places. Just curious about whether the other analysis is worthwhile or not.
She is not a Mensch type. She is more a Garland-flavored institutionist. She often irks me with her naïve takes but offers great research and decent analysis if you don't mind the DOJ boot shining.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:35 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:32 pm Is Mueller She Wrote one of the Louise Mensch-esque nutball accounts on this stuff? Obviously the motion is real, and covered in the Post among other places. Just curious about whether the other analysis is worthwhile or not.
She is not a Mensch type. She is more a Garland-flavored institutionist so she often irks me with her naïve takes but offers great research and decent analysis if you don't mind the DOJ boot shining.
Ah, ok. That's useful, then.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The GA decision has been now pushed back - the NY Times is reporting the delay is due to a bunch of rats jumping ship and turning cooperating witnesses. Of course, this risks getting into the election season and louder cries of politicization.

YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

The only ones whining about politicization are the ones that were voting for Trump anyway. Let 'em cry. Their party wrote the book on politicization.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:56 am The GA decision has been now pushed back - the NY Times is reporting the delay is due to a bunch of rats jumping ship and turning cooperating witnesses. Of course, this risks getting into the election season and louder cries of politicization.

eh, that's going to happen anyway, and part of the reason Trump announced early was because of this. Adding the detail and support of a bunch of cooperating witnesses seems absolutely worth it, though it depends a bit on how long of a delay it winds up being.
Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

For sure, just framing it in the larger political context. Fani Willis should be fast tracking this if she is going to do it because it could be highly impactful in the election.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Pence testified for seven hours today (that was quick). Unless I read the man wrong, he's genuinely religious and will tell the truth after being sworn to do so. Truth is trump's most worthy adversary, even though he usually defeats it.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Kraken wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:22 pm Pence testified for seven hours today (that was quick). Unless I read the man wrong, he's genuinely religious and will tell the truth after being sworn to do so. Truth is trump's most worthy adversary, even though he usually defeats it.
I'm not going to claim to be an expert on Pence, but my impression is that while he is genuinely religious, he is also very ambitious and will absolutely compromise his other beliefs in the pursuit of power. Like, it must have been obvious to him that Trump was not a religious man and he reconciled himself to that, and he's obviously made a number of other compromises along those lines. So I would expect that his perception of what's most likely to advance his odds of becoming president will have absolutely shaped his testimony.

That of course leaves the question of what he thinks will help him the most. One thing is that the confidentiality of grand jury testimony, and the impossibility of him getting elected in 2024 if Trump remains a viable candidate, may weigh in favor of giving damning testimony of Trump.

Also possible that he went a different direction and conveniently can't remember any damning specifics about Trump.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Apparently recently at the "Gridiron Dinner", Pence said about Trump: "... his reckless words endangered my family and everyone at the Capitol that day, and I know history will hold Donald Trump accountable."

And you can tell Trump is terrified by what he told NBC News "I don't know what he said, but I have a lot of confidence in him."

LOLS
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Pence: History will hold Drumpf accountable because I sure as fuck will not.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »