The Trump Investigation(s) Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Holman

Re: The Trump Investigation Thread

Post by Holman »

The Hill wrote:Nunes reveals House GOP now investigating State Department, planning second memo http://hill.cm/dsPoKQn
By the time they get to Housing and Urban Development they will have blown this case wide open, I'm sure.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I’m waiting on pins and needles for the Natl Park Service memo. Juicy!!
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

If Trump fires Rosenstein, presumably the decision to end the Mueller investigation will fall on the acting Assistant AG. What do we know about him/her?

Seems like if Trump is going to fire Rosenstein, he could pick a worse time than this weekend when people are distracted by the Super Bowl...
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Donald Trump's collusive fingers wrote:This memo totally vindicates “Trump” in probe. But the Russian Witch Hunt goes on and on. Their was no Collusion and there was no Obstruction (the word now used because, after one year of looking endlessly and finding NOTHING, collusion is dead). This is an American disgrace!
1) Why does he refer to himself in the third-person and in quotation marks?

2) How in the world would he think anyone who reads the memo sees it vindicating him?

3) "Their"
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Also, there's no 'their' there. Or rather, they're wishing there wasn't.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Holman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 am
Donald Trump's collusive fingers wrote:This memo totally vindicates “Trump” in probe. But the Russian Witch Hunt goes on and on. Their was no Collusion and there was no Obstruction (the word now used because, after one year of looking endlessly and finding NOTHING, collusion is dead). This is an American disgrace!
1) Why does he refer to himself in the third-person and in quotation marks?
"$iljanus" does not know. But "Trump" is right and it all is an American disgrace, but not in the way "Trump" meant.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Not that I should stoop so low as to argue logic with Trump, but just because Mueller knows how to keep his yap shut doesn't mean they have found "nothing." Keep telling yourself that, Cheat-o.

Also, Nunes really should be thrown in prison for his role in all this. LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!
PLW

Post by PLW »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 pm 4 partisan liberal judges?!? The reach of the Deep State is long indeed...
Or, you know, four GOP-appointed judges.

Holman

Post by Holman »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:56 am Not that I should stoop so low as to argue logic with Trump, but just because Mueller knows how to keep his yap shut doesn't mean they have found "nothing." Keep telling yourself that, Cheat-o.
And it's crazy how finding "nothing" has already resulted in two guilty pleas by cooperating witnesses, a rock-solid indictment against Trump's campaign manager, and a fourth against another who appears just this week to be rolling over for a guilty plea deal. And that's only what we know about.

By normal government investigation pacing, all of this in just one year is hypersonic. Mueller and his team probably sleep three hours a night and never take a lunchbreak.

They certainly don't go golfing.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pmMueller and his team probably sleep three hours a night and never take a lunchbreak.
Don't forget, Mueller is a "Magnificent Bastard".
Mueller, thinking back to those days in the jungles of Vietnam, fixed Margolis with an icy stare that would become all too familiar to a generation of prosecutors and FBI agents. He replied, “I don’t bruise easily.”

In the 25 years since, including 12 years atop the FBI, Mueller has given no indication that he’s changed. And even today as special counsel, he’s still likely getting more sleep than he did in Vietnam.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:If Trump fires Rosenstein, presumably the decision to end the Mueller investigation will fall on the acting Assistant AG. What do we know about him/her?
Did a little research since I was curious as well.

If Rosenstein quit, was fired, or recused himself, it would fall to No. 3 Rachel Brand.

Brand worked for the Bush administration and is a Trump appointee with extensive experience defending corporations (much to the chagrin of Democrats). She has little experience in criminal law, so she'd be a bit of an unknown. By all accounts she's smart and capable, and was once appointed to the Private and Civil Liberties board by President Obama. Overall, though, a big question mark. She's refused to comment much on her role in the line of succession.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

PLW wrote:
$iljanus wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:19 pm 4 partisan liberal judges?!? The reach of the Deep State is long indeed...
Or, you know, four GOP-appointed judges.

Wow 4 deep cover partisan liberal judges!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:
Holman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pmMueller and his team probably sleep three hours a night and never take a lunchbreak.
Don't forget, Mueller is a "Magnificent Bastard".
Mueller, thinking back to those days in the jungles of Vietnam, fixed Margolis with an icy stare that would become all too familiar to a generation of prosecutors and FBI agents. He replied, “I don’t bruise easily.”

In the 25 years since, including 12 years atop the FBI, Mueller has given no indication that he’s changed. And even today as special counsel, he’s still likely getting more sleep than he did in Vietnam.
From reading the article I just have more contempt for Donald "Ow my bone spurs" Trump
Black lives matter!

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Grifman wrote:This is pretty much a big nothing. None of my Trumper Facebook friends are jumping on this and posting about how the "Deep State" is out to get Trump. I think even they are embarrassed about the contents of the memo. Even this was big, I'm certain at least one of them would be trumpeting this but so far, all quiet on that front.
True story. One of my most partisan friends trumpeted with glee when it was released and then for the first time ever couldn't even respond to my rebuttal.

Also, greengoo much applause for your post on Rip and your response to Kurth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

noxiousdog wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:25 pm Also, greengoo much applause for your post
Don't encourage him.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Holman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:58 am
Four lies in 47 words
Rip

Post by Rip »

noxiousdog wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:25 pm
Grifman wrote:This is pretty much a big nothing. None of my Trumper Facebook friends are jumping on this and posting about how the "Deep State" is out to get Trump. I think even they are embarrassed about the contents of the memo. Even this was big, I'm certain at least one of them would be trumpeting this but so far, all quiet on that front.
True story. One of my most partisan friends trumpeted with glee when it was released and then for the first time ever couldn't even respond to my rebuttal.

Also, greengoo much applause for your post on Rip and your response to Kurth.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Captain Caveman

Post by Captain Caveman »

Trey Gowdy leading the resistance. This is remarkable:
https://twitter.com/m1chellemor3no/stat ... 1658653701
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Uhh....

Carter Page has an...interesting resume
Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page bragged that he was an adviser to the Kremlin in a letter obtained by TIME that raises new questions about the extent of Page’s contacts with the Russian government over the years.

The letter, dated Aug. 25, 2013, was sent by Page to an academic press during a dispute over edits to an unpublished manuscript he had submitted for publication, according to an editor who worked with Page.

“Over the past half year, I have had the privilege to serve as an informal advisor to the staff of the Kremlin in preparation for their Presidency of the G-20 Summit next month, where energy issues will be a prominent point on the agenda,” the letter reads.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Captain Caveman wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 pm Trey Gowdy leading the resistance. This is remarkable:
https://twitter.com/m1chellemor3no/stat ... 1658653701
Damn. The tweet hammer will be falling on Gowdy.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Gowdy quit the 'R' team, right? I don't know his politics, but if he has a shred of dignity and loved his party as it was, then maybe he sees himself as the messiah of the Dignified Republican Revolution?
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Paingod wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:39 am Gowdy quit the 'R' team, right? I don't know his politics, but if he has a shred of dignity and loved his party as it was, then maybe he sees himself as the messiah of the Dignified Republican Revolution?
Gowdy engineered the Benghazi investigations and kept them going long after it was clear that they were nothing but political theater. He openly bragged that the point was to hurt Clinton's approval numbers. Don't count on his integrity for anything.

Here he's probably just trying to distance himself from Nunes' amateur blundering by agreeing with what everyone knows.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yeah - Gowdy appears just protecting his ass. It could be about integrity but it probably isn't.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

As every piece of Trump-Russia info comes out, I keep thinking back to the blistering letter that Harry Reid wrote to Comey after he sent that stupid fucking letter on Election Eve. The idea that the FBI was anti-Trump in the election is so aggressively stupid its frustrating.

Black Lives Matter.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Logic doesn't matter anymore. It is propaganda and DDOS via information overload. If you really dig in on this, even the "biased" investigators had little effect. According to some of what has come out recently, Strok of the infedelity texts was chief amongst those who *lost* out on a push to disclose the Russian hacking.

The reasoning was that the chance of a Trump victory was seen as low probability. The shape that is emerging is that Clinton was thought to be a lock so they decided it was safe to release that stupid letter while also not releasing what they suspected about Russia. Maybe to protect the integrity of the investigation. Maybe because they didn't have enough detail yet.

In either case, did it get Trump over the line? It was a razor thin victory so it is arguable that the FBI news moved the needle. In either case, it looks like Comey et. al. acting out of integrity and a flawed read of the calculus of risk out there inadvertently may have plunged the nation into disaster. It is a damn shame.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I mistook the title of this thread as "The Trump Instigation Thread" and now that's stuck in my head.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Release the memo? #

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-pr ... d=52832764

And speaking up the Russain bots have moved from that to syria...

https://dashboard.securingdemocracy.org/

Rip, what are the Russians telling us to believe about Syria?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Probably already obvious to most here, but at least there is a solid rebuttal now.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/i-hope-inst ... ames-comey
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

If I do it, I'm the president. If you want me to do it you are lying leaker

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 8734868480
Little Adam Schiff, who is desperate to run for higher office, is one of the biggest liars and leakers in Washington, right up there with Comey, Warner, Brennan and Clapper! Adam leaves closed committee hearings to illegally leak confidential information. Must be stopped!
Baby Trump is so spoiled that no one will take his toys away from him and tell him he can't have ice cream and shouldn't watch too much fox news. Must have been peed on!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He won. Period.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The House voted to release the Schiff minority memo. Of course, Trump can block the release.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm trying to understand the political play here by the GOP. Do they just assume Trump will block it? Do they think blocking the release would hurt them more than help them, particularly since the original memo was a dud?

And yes, it bothers me that I have to view with extreme suspicion anything that looks like bipartisanship.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It would hurt them more to block it, so I’m guessing one of the adults in the WH will take away Trump’s coloring book and crayons long enough to make him understand this could make him look even worse than his temper tantrums already do.

At the end of the day, Nunes has been a good little doggie and he’s given the dolts who support Trump something to cling to in the face of adversity...or common sense.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:10 pm At the end of the day, Nunes has been a good little doggie and he’s given the dolts who support Trump something to cling to in the face of adversity...or common sense.

It almost hurts to quote Donald Trump's tweet wrote:Representative Devin Nunes, a man of tremendous courage and grit, may someday be recognized as a Great American Hero for what he has exposed and what he has had to endure!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Yes, if we continue down this path of shit for brains voters, he may well be one day. But not today.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 pm Yes, if we continue down this path of shit for brains voters, he may well be one day. But not today.
I suspect we have roughly the same percentage of sfb voters, they were just better informed during the Cronkite/Rather years with less propaganda to choose from.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:48 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:15 pm Yes, if we continue down this path of shit for brains voters, he may well be one day. But not today.
I suspect we have roughly the same percentage of sfb voters, they were just better informed during the Cronkite/Rather years with less propaganda to choose from.
Not necessarily better informed, but less misinformed. They are only dangerous today because they all drink from the same fountain of lies.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just BE WRONG!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Would it have killed them to use Comic Sans?