Walking Dead - Game over Infected Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Punisher

Re: Walking Dead DAY 3

Post by Punisher »

Correct... at some point we will have to trigger the berserker... whoever it turns out to be... so won't the numbers turn out the same whether we trigger now or later?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Punisher wrote:Correct... at some point we will have to trigger the berserker... whoever it turns out to be... so won't the numbers turn out the same whether we trigger now or later?
He needs to be the last kill with the situation we're in right now.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Unknowns
1. Archinerd - Not Rick
2. Vorret - Not Rick
3. BB2112 - Not Rick
4. Punisher - Not Rick
5. Moliere - Not Rick
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West - Not Rick
8. Stessier - Not Rick

I'm assuming if you have posted after El G's reveal and have not claimed you are ready to shoot someone in the face, then you are probably not Rick.

Just leaves us waiting on one.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

bb2112 wrote:Unknowns
1. Archinerd - Not Rick
2. Vorret - Not Rick
3. BB2112 - Not Rick
4. Punisher - Not Rick
5. Moliere - Not Rick
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West - Not Rick
8. Stessier - Not Rick

I'm assuming if you have posted after El G's reveal and have not claimed you are ready to shoot someone in the face, then you are probably not Rick.

If Zara was Rick, wouldnt he have shot Scoop?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Unknowns
1. Archinerd - Not Rick
2. Vorret - Not Rick
3. BB2112 - Not Rick
4. Punisher - Not Rick
5. Moliere - Not Rick
6. Zarathud
7. Remus West - Not Rick
8. Stessier - Not Rick

If Zara was Rick, wouldnt he have shot Scoop?
No.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

That crazy bastard probably would have. :lol:

We should still wait to confirm. We have time.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not Rick, but that would have been awesome. I wouldn't have killed Scoop; I would have saved it to prove myself when the wolves tried to train me.

After going back, my read is that El Guapo is a villager/survivor. He's been engaged, and consistently on target Unagi. He chose to give me some benefit of doubt, suggesting the uncertainty could be resolved later. That backs up his story, and I think El Guapo got more discussion than he expected. Plus, the upside is pretty good if he's the seer -- we've just caught 2 of the 4 wolves.

RMC just rolls over, and makes a safe wolf claim. He gives up Remus (the only one against the Scoop vote) and picks Issy at random. That makes sense if the wolves scanned Lassr as special before the lynch, so they knew there was a 1/3 chance of his seer claim being unopposed. Their downside is outing the seer for the night kill. Plus, I spoke truthfully about wanting to kill RMC.

Both RMC and Unagi as wolves would make Scoop a goddamn psychic, killed for his evil reputation. What gives me pause is that a successful wolf claim of seer here would be devastating, and my suspicion about stessier being a sniping wolf.

RMC 

"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
Punisher wrote:Correct... at some point we will have to trigger the berserker... whoever it turns out to be... so won't the numbers turn out the same whether we trigger now or later?
In theory the village can avoid the berserker if the shooter shoots him (the berserker only goes off if lynched, not if shot). However, since the shooter appears now to be confirmed dead (unless someone is bizarrely lying about that), that's moot.

And as Vorret notes the berserker's effect can also be neutralized if he's the last wolf lynched (the berserker would still go off, but since all the wolves would be dead it wouldn't matter).
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
In theory the village can avoid the berserker if the shooter shoots him (the berserker only goes off if lynched, not if shot). However, since the shooter appears now to be confirmed dead (unless someone is bizarrely lying about that), that's moot.

And as Vorret notes the berserker's effect can also be neutralized if he's the last wolf lynched (the berserker would still go off, but since all the wolves would be dead it wouldn't matter).
Ah.. I didn't think of this... Even if it is down to 2 good and 1 berserker, there would still be 1 good left...
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 3 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Unagi (1)- Moliere,
RMC (4) - Vorret, El Guapo, Archinerd, Zarathud,
El Guapo (2) - RMC, Unagi,

Not Voted
Holman, Punisher, Isgrimnur, Remus West, BB2112, Stessier,

Majority is 7
Time limits - Voting will close on Monday June 26th at 6 PM PST (9EST)

If there are any issues, give me a holler

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Punisher wrote: As of right now I wouldn't call El Guapo proven. As far as I can tell, one claim is just as good as the other.
You are correct that I'm not proven as of yet. The thing that makes my claim pretty credible, though (in addition to my personal honesty and integrity) is that there wouldn't be much reason for me to make this claim if I were a wolf. People have thrown a few shades at me here and there but I wasn't under any real heat. So there was no need to expose myself - if RMC were telling the truth (and I were a wolf), I would have just kept quiet and the wolves would then night kill RMC.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

RMC 

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

El Guapo wrote:
Punisher wrote: As of right now I wouldn't call El Guapo proven. As far as I can tell, one claim is just as good as the other.
You are correct that I'm not proven as of yet. The thing that makes my claim pretty credible, though (in addition to my personal honesty and integrity) is that there wouldn't be much reason for me to make this claim if I were a wolf. People have thrown a few shades at me here and there but I wasn't under any real heat. So there was no need to expose myself - if RMC were telling the truth (and I were a wolf), I would have just kept quiet and the wolves would then night kill RMC.

I don't think you understand how this game works... :)
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

This is to the group.
Can anyone think of any real reason a wolf El Guapo would come out now? Will make my vote decision easier.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Is there any value in both of them being wolves? like maybe El Guapo trying to protect a "more powerful/useful wolf?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Punisher wrote:This is to the group.
Can anyone think of any real reason a wolf El Guapo would come out now? Will make my vote decision easier.
Sure, El Gaupo is Mr. Splodie. He challenges and we either kill one of our Specials or he does when he explodes. He named Unagi wolf because he was their best guess at Special or he is a wolf pal. Either way, when El Gaupo comes back Wolf, we wont know what to make of Unagi.

It's not inconceivable. Particularly since RMC is involved.

Oh, and I am the Mortician. So far I've had the pleasure of scanning our lynches. Are you sitting down....Scoop was T-dog!!! Crazy, right? I'm betting Lassr was the Shooter, but since he can prove himself, I'm useless. Yayyy.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi 

If nothing else he knows better than to lynch an uncontested special when everyone is still alive to contest yet he went ahead and did it anyway. He has to be a wolf.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Are you sitting down....Scoop was T-dog!!!

Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi claimed nothing, so he's the safe one to test. Additionally, if he's good, we lose nothing from RMC's scans while if he's bad, we're already down the right path.

Unagi 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Am I the only one here worried that one miss and the game is over?
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 3 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Unagi (3)- Moliere, Remus West, Stessier,
RMC (5) - Vorret, El Guapo, Archinerd, Zarathud, Isgrimnur,

Not Voted
Holman, Punisher, BB2112,

Majority is 7

THE DEAD
Scoop – SPLAT!
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:
Punisher wrote:This is to the group.
Sure, El Gaupo is Mr. Splodie. He challenges and we either kill one of our Specials or he does when he explodes. He named Unagi wolf because he was their best guess at Special or he is a wolf pal. Either way, when El Gaupo comes back Wolf, we wont know what to make of Unagi.

It's not inconceivable. Particularly since RMC is involved.
I mean, anything is possible. But the only special worth exposing at this point who wasn't accounted for was Rick (no offense, stessier), who at least had a 50/50 shot at already being dead anyway. Meanwhile this dooms me either way because if I live through the night tonight I'll get lynched tomorrow.

However, I will say that I don't know who this "El Gaupo" fellow is. I wouldn't trust him, in any rate.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:Am I the only one here worried that one miss and the game is over?
Is that true?

Moliere, Remus West, Stessier, Vorret, El Guapo, Archinerd, Zarathud, Isgrimnur, RMC, Unagi, Holman, Punisher, BB2112,

13 players, including 4 wolves - miss and a night kill and we're at 11 players, including four wolves.

How could this be one miss and the game is over?
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote:Unagi claimed nothing, so he's the safe one to test. Additionally, if he's good, we lose nothing from RMC's scans while if he's bad, we're already down the right path.

Unagi 

That's fine with me, and makes some sense.

withdraw RMC
Unagi 

Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Is that true?

Moliere, Remus West, Stessier, Vorret, El Guapo, Archinerd, Zarathud, Isgrimnur, RMC, Unagi, Holman, Punisher, BB2112,

13 players, including 4 wolves - miss and a night kill and we're at 11 players, including four wolves.

oops, my bad, wow I just checked how I calculated that last night and it's a good thing I'm not a math professor. :doh:
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Is that true?

oops, my bad, wow I just checked how I calculated that last night and it's a good thing I'm not a math professor. :doh:
You know who is bad at math? Zombies.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Is that true?

Or canadians
Isgrimnur wrote:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Is that true?

Or canadians
And Canadian zombies are the worst of all.
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Vorret wrote:
El Guapo wrote:
Is that true?

Or canadians
And Canadian zombies are the worst of all.
Only if you had maple syrup or poutine in the past 24 hours.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

DAY 3 VOTES

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast

Unagi (4)- Moliere, Remus West, Stessier, El Guapo,
RMC (4) - Vorret, Archinerd, Zarathud, Isgrimnur,

Not Voted
Holman, Punisher, BB2112,

Majority is 7

THE DEAD
Scoop – SPLAT!
Bayraktar!!!!

Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm willing to be on this test.

Unagi 

If I understand things...

If Unagi comes back Wolf, El G is proven (as is Izzy), which makes RMC a wolf too.

If Unagi comes back Human, El G is a Wolf, proving RMC (and Izzy and Remus).
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote:I'm willing to be on this test.

Unagi 

If I understand things...

If Unagi comes back Wolf, El G is proven
Not 100%
(as is Izzy), which makes RMC a wolf too.
Certainly makes RMC look bad. Izzy is not proven until El Guapo is proven.
If Unagi comes back Human, El G is a Wolf
Yes
, proving RMC
Not 100%
(and Izzy and Remus).
I can vouch for only one of us.

BTW, anyone feel like they should be contesting stessier's claim? Currently (assuming Rick was Lassr as nobody is getting shot) Glen must be alive so if you're out there Glen - and not stessier - speak up. Obviously, I'm not Glen.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle - could you add a list of living players to the vote total? I know the information is in the format you have now but a list is easier for me to look at.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I would be 1,000% shocked if someone disputed stessier's claim, because stessier wasn't under any pressure, and (as stessier notes) Glen is completely useless at this point.

It would be so, so amazing if a wolf spoofed Glen now. Please let that be the case.

But yes, obviously if there's a Glen out there and it turns out that stessier took intense painkiller medication before posting his claim, do speak up.
Black Lives Matter.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Well I guess Lassr must have been Rick so we are not going to avoid Mr. Splodie no matter how we come at this. I can vote for either RMC or Unagi.

Unagi 

Will most likely not be back until tonight. I am on a plane and then have meetings the rest of the day.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Sure, this vote tests El Guapo and Remus. If Unagi is a miss, then we kill both.

withdraw RMC 

Unagi 

N-1

Not Glen. Just a regular survivor/villager, apparently able to sniff out specials.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Correction N=0

Duck and Cover!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Not the way I thought this one was going.

Unagi  

It's almost as if people are the problem.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Say, does anyone know a good hiding place in case Unagi does turn out to be the berserker?
Black Lives Matter.