Walking Dead - Game over Infected Win

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: Walking Dead Day 6

Post by stessier »

Holman wrote:If (assuming that there has been enough time for both wolves to look in), we see a vote holding at two, we'll know that at least one of them (either the victim or one/both voters) is a wolf.
You're not wrong, but it doesn't help either.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

You're going to make me choose before you vote, Holman? Sadist.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Holman

Post by Holman »

Since I'm proven, I believe I should vote last. We need to see where everyone is willing to go.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Ok, so be it. All in. It comes down to stessier or Remus being a wolf, I think.

Archinerd 

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

In case it's not clear, that should be N-1.
Newcastle

Re: Walking Dead NIGHT 2

Post by Newcastle »

The group had barely made it a hundred yards when they heard a loud KRANG! They swept their flashlights behind them, and saw that the pent up Walkers had broken their rusty cage. “RUN!” Remus shouted and the group frantically started sprinting down the tunnels.

(all write ups are flavor)

DAY 6

TIME LIMITS - 49 Hours until Day 6 ends
MOD note - The time limits are not set in stone provided there is enough support amongst the players to extend them and they say please.

Time Limits- Day 6 will end on Wednesday July 19th at 6 PM PST (9EST)
Note - Day 7 will be approximately 4 days

VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast
Archinerd (3) - Stessier, BB2112, Zarathud,
Zarathud (1) - Remus West,
BB2112 (1) - Holman,
Stessier (1) - Archinerd,

Not Voted

Majority is 4

If there are any issues, give me a holler

The living
1. Archinerd
2. Holman
3. BB2112
4. Zarathud
5. Remus West
6. Stessier

THE DEAD
Chaosraven – Raving all night long
Scoop – SPLAT!
Lassr – Hugger of Beemer walker
Unagi - Tasty Walker Morsel Treat
El Guapo - Bulldozing away.
RMC - Met Rick's Python
Vorret - Mechanic Mike’s munchable
Isgrinmur – Bay door blues
Moliere - Feeling a bit Glassy
Punisher - Having a grate time
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote:The group had barely made it a hundred yards when they heard a loud KRANG!

All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote: VOTE TARGET - Votes Cast
Archinerd (3) - Stessier, BB2112, Zarathud,
Zarathud (1) - Remus West,
BB2112 (1) - Holman,
Stessier (1) - Archinerd,

Not Voted

Majority is 4
Unless Remus sweeps in and kills Archinerd the next time he visits, I think we can say that either Archinerd and Remus are a pair of wolves or both wolves are among {Stessier, bb2112, Zarathud}.

I can't believe a wolf would be voting on a partner-Archinerd when other targets had votes on them. (This is why I put a vote on bb2112--not because I'm 100% convinced of him but because I wanted to give the wolves an opportunity to attach themselves to my vote.)

I going on 75% intuition here, but I think the wolves are probably Stessier and bb2112.

I'm going to join Archinerd on his vote.

withdraw bb2112 

Stessier 

stessier

Post by stessier »

Dude, I am not a wolf! Some day you are going to learn to trust me...at which point I'll likely be a wolf. But that doesn't change the fact that i am human today!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Holman, you realize that the moment you get to vote #2 with another villager then the wolves can swoop in to win the game?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Zarathud wrote:Holman, you realize that the moment you get to vote #2 with another villager then the wolves can swoop in to win the game?
I said something about that earlier.

But if you really believe Archinerd is a wolf, he's already on the vote. Why talk about it like you think he's not...?
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Damn it. The math is fine if the wolves split votes. They only need 1 survivor holdout to win.

The math doesn't work without you Holman, and I've already done the leap of faith after you on Archinerd. Stessier is my #2 but I have a bad feeling about this.

withdraw Archinerd 

accuse stessier 

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

This is insane.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Make the case for Archinerd, then. I'll switch if persuaded.

I think it's bb2112 and Stessier. No, I can't prove it.

At this point I think it's all leap of faith, but it's been such a squirrelly game that I haven't felt solid since Scoop went down. (Or maybe I'm just bad at it)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Not sure I can add anything to what's been said. It's not over yet, so that's something.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think Zarathud may be the other wolf. Too much explanation about how he is willing to follow Holman to the ends of the earth.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Fine, you guys better be right.

Stessier 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

:binky: :dance: :binky:
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
stessier

Post by stessier »

So Zarathud and bb2112. Well played guys.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm going with Zarathud as the Convert. bb2112 was one of the original.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I was going to come in and say that I switched to Zarathud because his habit of continually flinging as much suspicion as possible around made him look very very bad to me. Sounds like it doesn't matter now though. Shrug. I would have switched back to stessier so I can not really complain much.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

It's amusing - I could see the case for lynching Scoop. It was really hard to see the case for lynching me. Both uncontested Specials. Live and learn I guess.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

So a miss then? Damn.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Zarathud saw a grate and started to rush up the steel rungs when BB2112 grabbed him “Don’t waste your time, they’ve been sealed.” BB2112 pointed his flashlight up to the noticeable welding marks. “Every one of ‘ems been like that for the last hundred yards, been checking ‘em out.”

In the distance they could hear the walker herd crunching their way. The survivor’s ran onward into the foreboding darkness.

The survivors had run hard; exhaustion hitting each and they agreed to stop. Remus had turned to peer down the darkened tunnel they were about to travel when something caught his eyes. “Guys turn off your flashlights for a sec.” Everyone did. Up ahead each could see a small pin prick of light. “That there’s a light at the end of the tunnel my friends.”

Renewed the group surged down the tunnel. Soon the sound of water rushing could be heard and rounded a final bend and there they were. They immediately noticed a small rusted door to the side, but what got their attention was a wall of cascading water dropping over the mouth’s tunnel. Diffusing, kaleidoscope light speckled the walls, ever changing with the motion of the water.

Archinerd walked up to and leaned over the edge, “Clear drop of 50 yards, that’s the bad news. Good news is that it looks deep enough that we can make it; there’s a,” he paused, screwing his eyes into focus, “I see a depth marker of 100 feet. Got to be some sort of reservoir. Easy jump.”

“Look there’s a door,”Stessier pointed to a large rusty door, with a large wheel poked out of it’s midsection, steel bars running the length of it.

DO reached to open the door, but before he could Zarathud grabbed his arms, “Stop!” Zarathud pointed past the bars. Past the door was a long passage that was filled with Walkers. “You can’t fight ‘em and we sure aren’t.” Zarathud motioned at the clearly exhausted survivors that had lined up by the ledge of the tunnel waiting on Stessier.

The first of the horde just then shuffled around the bend. “Incoming, we got to jump now!” Remus shouted as he, BB2112 and Archinerd plunged through the waterfalls

“But I can’t swim!” Stessier protested as he watched them jump through the waterfalls. He turned to Zarathud and pleaded, “I can’t swim guys. I’m going through that door!”

“Look you’re coming with us,” Holman & Zarathud grabbed him, and the two wrestled him to the edge, flung him off the edge and jumped right after him.

As the three plunged into the water, Zarathud & Holman quickly bobbed up to the surface and started to look frantically around for Stessier. The others had made it to shore and were yelling and screaming at them; Remus pointing at something floating in the distance.

With strong strokes Holman caught up with Stessier, as he reached him he noticed he was hanging limply in the water; his neck at a crooked angle.

Moments later they had dragged Stessier’s body to the shoreline and were crouched over it searching for the telltale bite that they knew was there.

Remus pointed excitedly “LOOK!” He never finished his sentence as a blade exited his open jaws. Holman tried looking to his left, when a pair of strong hands twisted his neck. The last thing he’d ever see was Shane’s vicelike hands and manic eyes. Zarathud started to rise, but he wasn’t quick enough. “WHUP!” An arrow fired into his eye dropping him. Shane/Archinerd and Darryl/BB2112 looked over the group of dead survivors. “We don’t got much time to lose, should get on the road.” Shane said. The two then quickly rifled through the dead survivors packs, picking things here and there.

“Done?” Shane asked.

“Yeah.” Darryl grunted. They clambered up the green hillside in search of the CDC.

INFECTED WIN!!!!!!

SPOILERS COMING…..
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

SpoilerVille

http://infectedfreezone.freeforums.net/

Wolf Forum
http://kittenwhiskers.freeforums.net/

I'll open these up in a little while..need to do a few other things first.

Roster

ROSTER REVEALED

Powers
1. Shane - Archinerd - seer
2. Doc – Run RMC - Berserker
3. Merle - Unagi - recruiter
Darryl - Bb 2112

4. Carl – El Guapo
5. Tdog - Scoop
6. Rick – BB2112 (original) Punisher (After BB's recruitment)
7. Glenn - Stessier

8. Citizen - Holman
9. Vorret
10. Lassr
11. Punisher
12. Moliere
13. Isgrinmur
14. Zarathud
15. Chaosraven
16. Remus West
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Good game guys. Close to getting Archinerd, we were Holman'd. :P
Vorret

Re: Walking Dead - Game over Infected Win

Post by Vorret »

Great game by the wolves, really, up until the end BB wasn't even mentionned in any discussions so, really well played.

I'm still pissed you guys killed me though
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah the Lassr kill is what won them the game for sure
Isgrimnur wrote:
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Or at least made it way easier than it should have been :P
Isgrimnur wrote:
stessier

Post by stessier »

I don't have time to read the other forums - can someone summarize the wolves reasoning on the night kills?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I kept telling the truth.

Archinerd is a wolf
Remus West is innocent
Stessier had to be Glen

Nobody believed me.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

stessier wrote:I don't have time to read the other forums - can someone summarize the wolves reasoning on the night kills?
I was the convert so I have no idea why team wolf did not kill Scoop when they had the chance.

The reasoning on killing Lassr was because I didn't think Holman was special and we were trying to kill off specials at that stage of the game. Then everyone came out and we were just killing off all the provens after that.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

bb2112 wrote:
stessier wrote:I don't have time to read the other forums - can someone summarize the wolves reasoning on the night kills?
I was the convert so I have no idea why team wolf did not kill Scoop when they had the chance.

The reasoning on killing Lassr was because I didn't think Holman was special and we were trying to kill off specials at that stage of the game. Then everyone came out and we were just killing off all the provens after that.
If I remember, we didn't kill Scoop because we were hoping the village would kill him for us. Just like he warned you.

Leaving Holman alive was for comedic value.

I was a bit surprised when Punisher showed up as Special because I thought that Rick had been Lassr.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Team Infected were pretty desperate early on. The lynching of Scoop exposed Unagi and there was a lot of suspicion on Archinerd and RMC. Archinerd was our seer and RMC was Mr. Splodie so we decided to divert attention away from Archinerd and Unagi by giving up RMC. That didn't work so well because Unagi was already scanned by El Guapo and when RMC claimed seer that just put half our team in the cross hairs. To make matters worse, Punisher decided to not shoot Unagi and shot RMC instead.

With all the suspicion still on Archinerd at the time we thought we were pretty much done. I still can't believe Archinerd made it all the way to the end. I figured I would keep pushing for him and if the village killed him I earned cred, if the village killed me then he would. At the time when the village had 3 misses we were pretty desperate.

I still can't believe the village killed Stessier. I kept trying to say that he most likely wasn't evil by the way he revealed and I absolutely meant every word of it.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

it was an odd game for vote swing, one of the most brutal once I've seen in a while, from one player to the other and usually a complete miss
Isgrimnur wrote:
Holman

Post by Holman »

Well played, zombies!

Survivors, this loss is on me.

I almost went in on Archinerd, too. I actually got as far as typing it up, but then I kept second guessing myself and didn't post.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle, thanks for the great flavor! Good game!
stessier

Post by stessier »

I was just picking on you. No one person lost this game. I swung the vote from Archinerd yesterday that would have given us some breathing room. As I said, live and learn. (And I'll probably be a wolf next time!)
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Stessier stopped the momentum on Archinerd by cheerleading Moliere. In the end, that bit him in the ass.

Good game as deep cover wolf, it was the right play. The Scoop vote blew up any trust in the village and rolled up the wolf votes so there were no threads left. I was so compromised by it, Remus was never going to trust me.