Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

stessier

Re: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by stessier »

The sequel finally has a release date - May 12, 2023 for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Torfish

Post by Torfish »

Nice. The second game is guaranteed to be a huge seller on day one and I'm sure they know it. So, hope it's not a lazy re-tread of the first game.

I'm currently replaying Breath of the Wild and still love it. Working on the third divine beast.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

two weeks before my Zelda obsessed kiddo's birthday... I think I know what he is getting (early)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Wife's birthday. Whatever she will have another one the next year. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scratch two Ganons. It’s literally all I had left to do after a loooong gap. I had to relearn the controls and my nifty animal powers.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:27 pm two weeks before my Zelda obsessed kiddo's birthday... I think I know what he is getting (early)
Pre-ordered collector's for my daughter. She's had a good year and her marks are solid. I was trying to surprise her but she pays far too close attention to what's happening in the house. :D

Have to cancel the regular version pre-order now. I used an alerts website to let me know when the collector's was in stock. Nightmare to try to time it otherwise.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:51 am
coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:27 pm two weeks before my Zelda obsessed kiddo's birthday... I think I know what he is getting (early)
Pre-ordered collector's for my daughter. She's had a good year and her marks are solid. I was trying to surprise her but she pays far too close attention to what's happening in the house. :D

Have to cancel the regular version pre-order now. I used an alerts website to let me know when the collector's was in stock. Nightmare to try to time it otherwise.
I may have taken it a little further, with the Tears of the Kingdom OLED Switch and i just noticed that it doesn't include the game. Oops. Glad I looked now.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

I did see that but I admit that's a bridge too far for me. We have a switch (obviously) and we aren't getting another one with pretty zelda stuff painted on it.

It looks cool though. I can't believe it doesn't come with the game!! Still, it looks cool!

When I told my daughter that Diablo IV collector's edition didn't come with the game, she thought it was the craziest thing she'd ever heard. I agree.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:56 pm When I told my daughter that Diablo IV collector's edition didn't come with the game, she thought it was the craziest thing she'd ever heard. I agree.
That is bizarre. Collect this non-game game!

My splurge this week was buying a fifth set of joycon (for the kids, of course). We had 4 which is all you need, but with 8 units, one or two are always low on charge. Now that problem is solved. Or something.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

For the record, I can't swear by the Diablo IV collector's thing. I had just read in passing a few times. Might be a rumour, might be changed by now, might never have been true to begin with.

I've already replaced the joysticks on a set of joycons once due to drift. Now my PS5 controllers are starting to drift. Annoying.

edit: Too many already's. I hate that.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I had to deal with drift on 2 of our sets. Both cases Nintendo repaired via depot shipping. Annoying, but at least it has not recurred in either.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:15 pm I had to deal with drift on 2 of our sets. Both cases Nintendo repaired via depot shipping. Annoying, but at least it has not recurred in either.
There was a reason I couldn't do this, but I can't remember what it was. Might have been the pandemic and long wait times. I'm not sure.

Anyway, replacement parts were cheap and the fix was pretty easy. Not a permanent solution, as drift seems to always find a way.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:24 pm Don't tell Zaxxon, but I spent a couple hours with Breath of the Wild last night and I am intrigued. I got the paraglider and just finished the first shrine off the starting plateau. The mystery of it all is both intriguing and bothersome. I am not a huge fan of not knowing and this game seems to be full of the not knowing. On the plus side I bought my son the guide last year so I may need to do some learnin'.
Five years later and I started a new game. In that first run, I didn't have a torch when I got to the blue fire that you need to unlock the camera and I just quit because I wasn't interested enough. This time around I am 32 shrines in enjoying it more. I am playing this to get ready for Tears which I "accidentally" bought two copies of. One more week until my son's birthday and he can beat the entire game before I find the first shrine.

I am still pretty clueless, but I like solving the shrines and I was amused at the boss mechanics for the Yiga Clan leader. I am mostly just wandering around to unlock the map and do shrines. I kind of hate the combat and I keep using the wrong buttons because I am NOT a switch user but the exploration and puzzles are more entertaining than the combat is annoying.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

As mentioned in the Tears thread, I'm looking for cheap options for BotW.

I guess I could ask anyone here if they have a used physical copy they want to get rid of. Unfortunately I'm incredibly cheap and don't want to insult anyone with a low ball offer :lol:

Especially when shipping it to me will probably be half the cost again. Canada's shipping costs are insane. Unless you're Amazon or Best Buy. Then it's free somehow without impacting their margins.

Weird how that works.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

GreenGoo wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:56 pm As mentioned in the Tears thread, I'm looking for cheap options for BotW.

I guess I could ask anyone here if they have a used physical copy they want to get rid of. Unfortunately I'm incredibly cheap and don't want to insult anyone with a low ball offer :lol:

Especially when shipping it to me will probably be half the cost again. Canada's shipping costs are insane. Unless you're Amazon or Best Buy. Then it's free somehow without impacting their margins.

Weird how that works.
On a whim I checked Target, and they have it for $39 in the US. Did not expect that.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Thanks Zax.

I'm hoping to pick up the DLC's too, and the best I can find it (base game + all DLCs) for in Canada (new) is $108.xx. Humble bundle (digital only I think), Best Buy and Amazon are all showing the same price.

I'll just be patient and see if anything happens in the next little while.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Discounts on Nintendo games, particularly the heavy hitters are pretty hard to come by sadly. Used is probably your best chance, but I can guarantee my son will never, ever let his copy go.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've got a physical version sitting in my Switch right now, and I'm not likely to return to it in the foreseeable future.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Took down all the divine beasts this weekend. I've messed a bit with the DLC content but I am kind of getting tired of the quests and will likely just introduce Ganon to my master sword next time I play.

I *still* get the buttons crossed up all the time.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I never got the Master Sword.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:25 pm will likely just introduce Ganon to my master sword next time I play.
Wanted to check out the fight just so I'd know how much to prepare... and I find one of the easiest final boss encounters of my gaming career.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:06 pm
coopasonic wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 9:25 pm will likely just introduce Ganon to my master sword next time I play.
Wanted to check out the fight just so I'd know how much to prepare... and I find one of the easiest final boss encounters of my gaming career.
Concur.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:19 pm I never got the Master Sword.
...but it's dangerous to go alone!
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Then I should have been given it. Or at least clear instructions.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 9:49 am Or at least clear instructions.
The game definitely does not do clear instructions. The Master Sword wasn't really hidden, but it wasn't a quest marker on the map either.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter