The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: The Parasite -Day 3

Post by Vorret »

Wow ... I wasn't expecting that at all, but hey good game guys ! haha
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I WILL NEVER TRUST REMUS AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT HE DOES!!

(Good game, everyone!)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Hooray!

It's funny, I know I played in this game, but I really barely remember it at this point.

Thanks for running this Lassr!
Black Lives Matter.
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

To think I only killed Remus because he's been silent all game because of work (though he may have looked guilty if he had posted more since, well, he's Remus.

It was an odd game overall but I like the "who would have BB picked?" mind game that was added to the mix.
Isgrimnur wrote:
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:Moliere watches a replay of a hockey game
I'm not Canadian!
Lassr wrote:Town folk wins!
You're welcome. I seem to recall putting the killing vote on two of the bad guys.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

As the seer, I had scanned Remus but suspected bb and Grund. With Remus willing to kill bb, I was certainly surprised to find bb was the berserker and killed me!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Vorret wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:10 pm Wow ... I wasn't expecting that at all, but hey good game guys ! haha
can you stop eyeing me now? :P

and FOR THE RECORD. My reverse spidey sense was still right. (remus was my top 3 good).

I really hope I just dont trust anyone next game..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:horse:

Hell yeah.

Remus staying on his "day 1 read' was preposterous.
(as was Moliere's)...
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:48 pm :horse:

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
You really crushed it, as usual. Though it was amusing to watch you keep closing in on Grund and Remus, only to be like, "ehhh, never mind."
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
you had them nailed early. but your willingness to step back and revisit it had you starting to doubt yourself. If you were more stubborn...

:D

Good job!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:57 pm
Lassr wrote:Moliere watches a replay of a hockey game
I'm not Canadian!
That's why you weren't eating Poutine while watching the game. You had beer and nuts.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:57 am Just lynch Unagi tomorrow.
We might.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

By the way, I'm not at all offended that I wasn't picked for the team.

:snooty:
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

OH WE WON!! :shock:

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
I am so happy for once I didn't misread you.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
I still maintain that your suggestion and play was, for day 1, a horrible suggestion for the village.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:00 pm

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
You really crushed it, as usual. Though it was amusing to watch you keep closing in on Grund and Remus, only to be like, "ehhh, never mind."
Each time I put that 'aside' it was hard to do. It honestly just felt like I had come to the conclusion to early and I owed it to myself to re-read.... But I will be damned if each time I didn't keep thinking it was Grund and Remus.

and NO ONE laughed at my "Annie" with "Remus" picture. damn. it was spot on, too!.

:D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zarathud wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:08 pm As the seer, I had scanned Remus but suspected bb and Grund. With Remus willing to kill bb, I was certainly surprised to find bb was the berserker and killed me!
Heh. We thought you had scanned bb so we were throwing him to you. We had scanned you and knew you were a special so we figured you were probably the Seer.

Sorry to everyone for my lack of time to give to this game. Life and family just keeps me from giving more than 5 minutes here and there and keeps me scattered enough that I need more than that just to figure where the game stands each visit. When I have had time for OO I have been in R&P depressing myself by reading about what the orange a-hole has been up to.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
I still maintain that your suggestion and play was, for day 1, a horrible suggestion for the village.
Oh be quiet. I suggested Scoop was scanned. I suggested someone was scanned. I suggested a person playing the game, was a good target for the Seer.

That's all I really ever did.... and yet you sat there and just let all the other peoples play go totally ignored.... But - OMG - Unagi suggested a person was scanned by the Seer.

But you were super busy. All is forgiven.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Good game villagers. I think the parasites in this game were a little lack luster, but that takes nothing away from the villagers grinding out a win.

Not sure if Lassr has given out the link to the spoiler forum, but the reasons I picked RW and Grund were thus:

RW - I was hoping people would say that I wouldn't pick him because of our constant back and forth in these games. Also he has a knack (when he is not overwhelmingly busy) to get out of being lynched. It is uncanny. That is also why I picked him for the seer.

Grund - Haven't played with Grund on a bad guy team in a while (it did not end well for us that time either) and thought it would be fun. Besides, when looking at the play list I didn't want to leave Grund as a player. He is almost as dangerous as Unagi when left unchecked/alive. The thought of having both of them out there hunting made me shudder. I should have chose the extra vote power, but thought if we could block a scan that would be huge. That power has derailed games before.

After last game I was sure I was going to be lynched. No matter if I was good or evil, I just had a feeling it was coming. That is why I chose beserker. Fortunately RW was able to scan Zara so I could take him to the afterlife with me before he could spill his guts.

I went back and forth on choosing several other people who do better at flying under the radar than these two, but leaving RW and Grund on team villager to hunt bad guys didn't seem like a good idea either. It was quite the dilemma. I almost wish I could do it again and pick differently to see what would happen.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

Post by bb2112 »

Also, thank you Lassr. Although the play ground to a halt at times due to players IRL issues, the overall premise and the game itself was very fun. I think you are probably the best gamemaster on OO. Your games are always well balanced and very entertaining.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

http://needmorechairs.freeforums.net/

spoiler forum.

parasites: Not much to see here...
http://plan9b.freeforums.net/

Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Unagi wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:36 pm
Remus West wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:32 pm

Hell yeah.

(as was Moliere's)...
Oh be quiet. I suggested Scoop was scanned. I suggested someone was scanned. I suggested a person playing the game, was a good target for the Seer.

That's all I really ever did.... and yet you sat there and just let all the other peoples play go totally ignored.... But - OMG - Unagi suggested a person was scanned by the Seer.

But you were super busy. All is forgiven.
And you were right! You were spot on from the word go. Great job Unagi! It is a true joy to watch you work these WW games even if I am on the wrong end of it at times.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

bb2112 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 pm Also, thank you Lassr. Although the play ground to a halt at times due to players IRL issues, the overall premise and the game itself was very fun. I think you are probably the best gamemaster on OO. Your games are always well balanced and very entertaining.
Thanks. I know I need a break though...the slow down really wore on me this game.

Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Thanks for moderating, Lassr!
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Yeah the game cam down to a crawl a few times here and there, I've also been crazy busy at work (and also a week off of work where I forgot I was playing for some odd reason) but when it picked up at random points it got really interesting so maybe just some off luck.

As always, thanks Lassr for hosting !
Isgrimnur wrote:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Yes, Thank you Lassr. Thanks for keeping with us, and thanks for the great write-ups!

As always!
Holman

Post by Holman »

I was so pissed when I learned (after my death) that Remus was the last Wolf. I'd just spent all my time declaring him innocent because of how he kept chasing Unagi.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Congrats, Team Non-Parasite!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Hooray & I told you so.

Thanks for running this one Lassr.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If folks want I can probably run a game. Scanning through for vote counts and such doesn't take nearly the time that playing requires.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Set up a sign up sheet and see how many takers we get.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Thanks, Lassr. I can understand how exhausting it is to wait for the shoe to drop. It's one reason I realized I can't continue with as much attention anymore.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thanks Lassr for hosting such a wonderful game.

I know for me the best part was the deep and lengthy interactions that I was able to achieve during the course of that singular, glorious day I was alive. :mrgreen:
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Zarathud

The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

Post by Zarathud »

The "choose your own team" was really interesting. Definitely the strongest part of the game, even with a great theme.