The Parasite -GAME OVER-Town wins

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Vorret

Re: The Parasite -Day 1

Post by Vorret »

Whoever was protected will probably die the next night though as that person can't be protected anymore so it's a safe kill (unless said person is our lynch but I *think* at that point the protector should come forward... maybe... I'm not sure)
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Remus West wrote:I stand the same place I did last time everyone was alive and there was a save. The protector should come forward.
The difference between then and now is that we tried to hang our protector with the first lynch vote.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

So the protector definitely succeeded, right? I'm not missing any other way for no one to have died?

And since the protector can't protect the same person twice, there's no reason for the wolves to kill anyone other than whomever they targeted last night, right? Unless a special gets outed or something?

Seems like the protector should out themselves if they protected themselves, given the likely death and spoofing potential. Not sure why the protector should out themselves if they protected someone else.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/holds out finger

"Touch, touch...."
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Vorret wrote:Whoever was protected will probably die the next night though as that person can't be protected anymore so it's a safe kill (unless said person is our lynch but I *think* at that point the protector should come forward... maybe... I'm not sure)
This is not unlike the start of the other game, where we wolves struck at Holman and he was protected and cost us our first night kill.

That game, we let him ride, because we wanted to get Specials -- but it only became apparent that Holman wasn't a special when we went after Scoop and he declared he was the protector and that he protected Holman, and Holman didn't care that he was likely unprotected...

Guess I am saying that I don't know that it's a sure thing that the protected is targeted again, but Yes, had we not been made to think that Holman wasn't a special - I think we would likely have killed Holman that next night, since we were without a kill and Holman was the only one we knew couldn't be protected.

The protector still can protect if he doesn't stick his neck out...
He can become 'a trusted' player if he come out now and actually declares who he protected... not sure if that's worth it... but - it may be worth it to direct the seer scan's elsewhere...
"Yo See, I am the protector - and I protected Bubba"
-- the Seer would then know not to scan Bubba nor the declared protector.

If the protector protected himself... I guess if I were him - I may declare that, since... well - actually maybe I'd sit on that too.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote:So the protector definitely succeeded, right? I'm not missing any other way for no one to have died?

And since the protector can't protect the same person twice, there's no reason for the wolves to kill anyone other than whomever they targeted last night, right? Unless a special gets outed or something?

Seems like the protector should out themselves if they protected themselves, given the likely death and spoofing potential. Not sure why the protector should out themselves if they protected someone else.
More or less my point of view I think.

they also could 'now' know of a better target after last night, and hence not revisit their first miss... but unlikely.

I just thought of a Cool Power - for another game. Give the Protector a 1 time real-time PM that he can send via the moderator (like a note he can leave on someone's door).
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

First off, we shouldn't kill me because last time when I had a successful protection that didn't work out so well.

Secondly, as far as I know I'm the only player (in recent memory) to have a successful protection on night one so you have ask yourself do I want to take that chance. Well, do you punk?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Scoop20906 wrote:First off, we shouldn't kill me because last time when I had a successful protection that didn't work out so well.

Secondly, as far as I know I'm the only player (in recent memory) to have a successful protection on night one so you have ask yourself do I want to take that chance. Well, do you punk?
Yes

Scoop20906 

"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wrong answer, punk. I am NOT the right vote for today. AT ALL.

Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Scoop20906 wrote:First off, we shouldn't kill me because last time when I had a successful protection that didn't work out so well.

Are you seriously claiming Protector this game?

The world must be ending....
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:Wrong answer, punk. I am NOT the right vote for today. AT ALL.

"Touch...touch"

scoop 

Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Players ----------- Voted For:
1 Newcastle----- Scoop
2 Vorret----------
3 Holman--------
4 BB2112---------
5 Scoop----------
6 Archinerd-----
7 El Guapo-------
8 Zarathud-------
9 Punisher-------
10 Unagi-----------
11 Remus West---
12 RMC------------
13 Grundbegriff--
14 Moliere-------- Scoop
Targets ----------- Voters
( Scoop---------- 2 )--- Moliere --- Newcastle
( )---
( )---
( )---
( )---

Deaths

Majority = 8
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Not sure who I am voting for, but for the protector thing, it "might" be a good idea if he outs himself IF he protected himself. Just so there is no spoof down the road and unless the wolves have a better target, we may lose him tonight without knowing. Otherwise, I can't see a good reason to out him on Day 1...
On the other hand I do think it's a GREAT idea for the wolves to out themselves to prevent us from spoofing them down the road....
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Wrong answer, punk. I am NOT the right vote for today. AT ALL.

"Touch...touch"

scoop 

What's that mean? 'Touch touch' ?

Also, you and Moliere are so so so wrong in putting votes there.
He's unconstested , with no one dead.

If scoop isn't the protector, The protector should counter.
IMO
Today, scoop must share who he protected, right?
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Wow, good job protector! Now maybe we can learn from our mistake last time and not lynch him. I don't think the protector should come out unless he protected himself. It is most likely the target fron last night will be tonight's target.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Um.
Scoop 'came out' with his first post , 2nd post, and then his 3rd post
Vorret

Post by Vorret »

Well Scoop says alot of things and I'd rather have him come out and say "Yes, I am X and I protected Y" than post cryptic messages.
Unless he's another special , that's also a possiblity.

Or he doesn't want to die, who knows, it's Scoop.
Isgrimnur wrote:
His name makes me think of a small, burrowing rodent anyway.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:Um.
Exactly. He's trying too hard to utilize what happened in a previous game.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Holman

Post by Holman »

And Unagi is trying way too hard to get the protector revealed.

SCOOP: if you're coming out at the Protector, say so. Another vague response will probably make me vote for you, and I really think playing around will look like spoofing.

PROTECTOR (if not Scoop): I think you shouldn't come out unless you protected yourself.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Yeah I'm not really sure whether Scoop is claiming the role or not. He really loves this vague posting stuff.
Black Lives Matter.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:And Unagi is trying way too hard to get the protector revealed..
Uhhh?
okay then. We will wait for Scoop the Reallly Reaallllly Realllly say it.
:roll:

Holman wrote:PROTECTOR (if not Scoop): I think you shouldn't come out unless you protected yourself.
I SAID THE SAME THING!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote:SCOOP: if you're coming out at the Protector, say so. Another vague response will probably make me vote for you, and I really think playing around will look like spoofing.
We are after the same truth here.
If Scoop is a good-guy faking Protector - he's playing with fire (the real Protector countering a villager)... So, I take it that he's either a wolf or the protector, and I can't see a wolf doing this 'now' - as I would hope the protector would be ready to counter that (although, I could see waiting a day, if I were "the real protector", right now)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Moliere wrote:
Unagi wrote:Um.
Exactly. He's trying too hard to utilize what happened in a previous game.
Wait - a - minute.
You are actually making a vote that is based on something for real here? Who are you, and what have you done with Moliere?

:think:
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

I agree that Scoop needs to clarify. there is no reason for the vagueness.
Although, I don't see any reason that he would come out now. Yes he had some votes towards him, but nothing crazy close yet.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote:
Uhhh?

Holman wrote:PROTECTOR (if not Scoop): I think you shouldn't come out unless you protected yourself.
I SAID THE SAME THING!
But you were suggesting the Protector come out before Scoop even said anything. It struck me as odd.

Is the Protector supposed to reveal himself just because he had one successful block?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Holman wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Uhhh?

I SAID THE SAME THING!
But you were suggesting the Protector come out before Scoop even said anything. It struck me as odd.

Is the Protector supposed to reveal himself just because he had one successful block?
I think that the problem is Scoops vagueness... He never said.. I am the Protector... Just some vague posts... but Unagi is taking those posts as Scoop absolutely saying he is the protector, in which case, in Unagi's eyes, the protector has already come out.

I am ready to vote Scoop if things aren't cleared up.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Unagi wrote:You are actually making a vote that is based on something for real here? Who are you, and what have you done with Moliere?
Random voting didn't get me lynched so I thought if I contributed a bunch of analysis and helped the village then they would vote for me.
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

Moliere wrote:
Unagi wrote:You are actually making a vote that is based on something for real here? Who are you, and what have you done with Moliere?
Random voting didn't get me lynched so I thought if I contributed a bunch of analysis and helped the village then they would vote for me.
Random vote method told me to go with
 Grudbegriff 

Punisher wrote:
I think that the problem is Scoops vagueness... He never said.. I am the Protector... Just some vague posts... but Unagi is taking those posts as Scoop absolutely saying he is the protector, in which case, in Unagi's eyes, the protector has already come out.

I am ready to vote Scoop if things aren't cleared up.
I think Scoop is claiming Protector. It's a high risk move for a wolf right now so for the moment I'm in the "he's telling the truth" camp.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

First off can we get over the fact that yet again no one died yet so I'm not spoofing anything, right?

Anddddd this game I can self-protection, right??

Sooooo don't vote for me, right?

The wolves know who they attacked so I'm pretty sure that since they missed last night they are going to attack again, right?

So I'm either dead tonight or someone else is, right??

Either way, I'm the wrong target today, right???

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Anyway, not really sure what Scoop's game is here, BUT.

I am the agent (protector). I nobly protected myself last night, hence I am outing myself in light of my most certain death, although I wanted to confirm that that made sense (and to see what interesting stuff people might say).

Tis a far far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. Tis a far far better place that I go to, than I have ever known.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

This has nothing to do with this game but it came up when I did a google image search for "wrong", and it amuses me:

Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oh well, I was hoping you bravely protected someone else and could keep quiet and I could draw some cover. It was worth a shot.

Also, nice job!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

But you sure waited long enough to announce.

RMC

Post by RMC »

Scoop20906 wrote:But you sure waited long enough to announce.

Ugh... You know this paints you in a bad light, right? Why spoof a role.... It only helps the wolves.

I am still not inclined to kill Scoop on day one.

Using my anyone from Michigan is bad, I am going to vote for

BB2112 

Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

El Guapo wrote:Anyway, not really sure what Scoop's game is here, BUT.

I am the agent (protector). I nobly protected myself last night, hence I am outing myself in light of my most certain death, although I wanted to confirm that that made sense (and to see what interesting stuff people might say).

Tis a far far better thing that I do, than I have ever done. Tis a far far better place that I go to, than I have ever known.
Where's your Scoop vote?
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
El Guapo wrote:Anyway, not really sure what Scoop's game is here, BUT.

Where's your Scoop vote?
I am almost sure Scoop is not a wolf, he is just playing his game. The voices in his head tell him to do things, and he does them.

:)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

RMC wrote:I am almost sure Scoop is not a wolf, he is just playing his game. The voices in his head tell him to do things, and he does them.
I didn't realize you were such a Scoop sympathizer. #NeverScoop
RMC

Post by RMC »

Moliere wrote:
RMC wrote:I am almost sure Scoop is not a wolf, he is just playing his game. The voices in his head tell him to do things, and he does them.
I didn't realize you were such a Scoop sympathizer. #NeverScoop
heh. We go way back.

Just stating my opinion of his playstyle that is all.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Wow. A clusterfuck already.

Tell me again why we're not voting for Scoop then RMC? Because this is bizarre.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon