PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Octavious

Re: PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Post by Octavious »

Lame!
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Octavious wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:50 amLame!
Even worse... it is down until then. :evil:

I had a second place with 3 kills today... and I also managed to be the very first kill in one match! #96 out of 96. Woo!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

If that post doesn't capture the very nature of pubg I don't know what would.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Confirmed to be down until then? I read that validating files addressed.

Edit: NM, confirmed on Twitter. Annoyed.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Also there is a 12.6GB patch. :o
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

FFS
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Think the test server may be up. I need my fix. I need to shoot something today. :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Bah no that's down too. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tjg:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

So the matchmaking screen looks nice... I've had a LOT of time to look at the matchmaking screen. The launch is going as smoothly as expected. On the plus side, you get a new virtual T-shirt that's exclusive to the 20 or 30 million people that have bought the game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I'd expect it's going to be a hot mess the next few days as more people join in. I'm around tonight and possibly tomorrow. After that I'll be out of town. :tjg:

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just because it popped in my head, I just wanted to mention I hate the new fonts in the final version. Block fonts just look terrible to me. I'll get over it, but I liked what they had before better. I can't wait to see everyone's reactions to the cars. Hint the sounds are much different and the handling is way different as well. I expect to see even more flipping cars! :mrgreen:

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Right after that post things straightened up and I got four matches in. All were on the desert map, which I had never played before.. I ended up on the third floor of some tall building and got two kills with the kar + 4x. That felt good.

I like the pickup.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

That map is WAYYYY different than the other one. There's like 9 million places to hide. This is theory should benefit to the way I like to play, but we shall see.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Hey Coop, I accidentally invited you because I didn't know what the + button did.

More observations:

Crates show up on the minimap.
bandages work faster
My first looting run was productive. Without knowing where to loot I ended up with an S12K with red dot, and an SKS with 4x scope. I also left behind a Kar98.
Not being familiar with the map changes the game quite a bit.
Hmmm, I thought there was one more thing...
Oh, right.
I ate one painkiller and received both healing AND a speed boost. That's new.

On a personal note, I hit someone juking and bunnyhopping at about 300m. I didn't kill him, but it was nice to hit something. People seem easier to see for me. I saw lots of targets and potential threats. I saw the guy who killed me but I was getting eaten by the circle and had little choice but to keep on keeping on. On the plus side the circle got the kill, so it stole his kill. :D

The kill camera only showed my death from my perspective, which is something I can do with my own recording. The one game I played on the test server, the kill cam was from the killer's perspective. I assume I'm missing something.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pm Hey Coop, I accidentally invited you because I didn't know what the + button did.
No worries, I don't think I even saw an invite pop up.
GreenGoo wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:34 pmThe kill camera only showed my death from my perspective, which is something I can do with my own recording. The one game I played on the test server, the kill cam was from the killer's perspective. I assume I'm missing something.
The deathcam on the your dead screen showed me the kill from my killers perspective and for a decent time prior to the kill so you could see how the target was acquired. I'm not sure if you are talking about something different since you are calling it a different name. Maybe death is a bad word in canada. :)
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Beats me. There was only 1 button and when I clicked it, it showed me my death from my own camera. And like I said, when I played on the test server, I could see my death from my killer's perspective.

Something tells me that there are two options and I either missed one somehow, or some other explanation.

On the plus side, I paid close attention to the length of the video clip because someone (you?) asked about it's length, and it was well over 5 seconds. It was at least 10 seconds, if not 15. Not sure if it's the same length from the killer's side of things, but from the victim, you get plenty of video.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah I think it was octavious or Paingod that asked, wanting the deceased to see the effort that went into their demise. I generally put a little less effort into my murders, just taking them as they come. I generally just run in and die. I was pretty pleased with the ability to see exactly what I did wrong from the other guys perspective.

I have had a couple top 10s on the new map, but none where I died in a way I could really learn from. :P
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Haven't had a chance to play the release version yet but my biggest number one question is: Can we make custom matches now so we can have OO free for alls?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Maybe Coop can answer that. If not, I'll take a look later tonight.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I have no idea on the custom stuff, but my guess would be no. As for the kill cam make sure you turned it on in the options. I bet that's why you aren't seeing it from the killers perspective.
Last edited by Octavious on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Redfive wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 pm Haven't had a chance to play the release version yet but my biggest number one question is: Can we make custom matches now so we can have OO free for alls?
There is a custom match option but I haven't looked to see what it gives you.

I have a 0.93 K/D ratio in 15 matches today (yeah, ummm... some of them were really short matches). I just need another 2 kill match and then I can retire!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Redfive

Post by Redfive »

Can't wait to try the new map.

Is map selection an option or totally random?
Battle.net: red51ve#1673
Elder Scrolls Online - @redfive
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I believe it's random for now from what i read. They want to make it so you can pick, but are worried about queue balancing which makes sense. The map feels huge compared to the first one.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Octavious wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:00 pm I have no idea on the custom stuff, but my guess would be no. As for the kill cam make sure you turned it on in the options. I bet that's why you aren't seeing it from the killers perspective.
It could be, but I thought my ini file was brought forward from the test server, where it worked for me. In any case, it's a good explanation and I will check it.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Redfive wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:23 pm Can't wait to try the new map.

Is map selection an option or totally random?
It's random, but temporarily weighted toward the new map (I can't remember where I saw that info). I'd say 10 of my 15 matches were in the desert. Coming back to the old map after a couple matches feels like a break from the stress of the new map.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Performance for me is WAYYYY better.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Personal or hardware?
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Well that's ki d of personal! lol Hardware

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If you want to be able to hold ADS you have to map ADS and aim to different keys. Kind of silly but I just put aim in the side button on my mouse and ADS on the right click. Works fine.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 pm
Redfive wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 pm Haven't had a chance to play the release version yet but my biggest number one question is: Can we make custom matches now so we can have OO free for alls?
There is a custom match option but I haven't looked to see what it gives you.
Custom matches are still restricted. Only "partners" can create them. You had to be a streamer or youtuber with a following to become a partner.
coopasonic wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:45 pm I have a 0.93 K/D ratio in 15 matches today (yeah, ummm... some of them were really short matches). I just need another 2 kill match and then I can retire!
Well, my K/D ratio is down to 0.7... oops, I guess I will be playing a while longer... assuming my next match isn't a 10 kill match anyway.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Welp, so far my worst expectations have come true. You may recall I couldn't load the test server because it rebooted my entire PC. As I suspected, the 1.0 version now does the same. Working to figure out issues, but I really get anxious with hard reboots since I have had bad outcomes in the past.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Sorry to hear that Frey. Good luck. Typically a good place to start would be with the video card and drivers, but if it's taking down your entire system, it might be something else.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Winner winner chicken dinner! Got my first win on the new map. Awesome round where the circle loved me.

Octavious

Post by Octavious »

FYI the video replays are freaking amazing. I just watched back that entire match and if you go into the map screen you can see the players near you. This is a HUGE help to see what you are doing wrong. Page up and page down will cycle through the players. Tab will bring up the player list in the area and gives you the mouse control so you can click on the timeline to fast forward. I adore the new map. It 100% suits the way I play a lot better. I like to sneak and stalk and that's a bit hard on the old map. :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

First time ever, 15x, AWM, gilly suit.

And I died to the circle before ever pulling the trigger. :(

Got pinned down on a hill and couldn't find my attacker. The time between the bullet and the sound was long, so I'm guessing he was FAR away. Without the circle I probably could have found him. Oh well.

I'm just excited that I got a kill before the crate. I hit the dude 3 times, he stopped and hit me once in the head. Without the level 3 helmet, I would have been toast. It was down to 47 condition. The crate had a brand new lvl 3 helmet. :D

Can't believe he stopped and pegged me in the head like that. He didn't even know I was there until I hit him once.

Oh, and I also made it through 2.5 circles without a backpack.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

GreenGoo wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:02 pm
Oh, and I also made it through 2.5 circles without a backpack.
Cheater! Reported.

:ninja:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

In game leaderboard shows me in the top 0.59%. I have to imagine that is largely based on how many matches I have played. It takes time for rating to move up, and somehow it is moving up. I think it was 59 matches when I exited just now.

It looks like pubgtracker is updating again:
https://pubgtracker.com/profile/pc/coop ... region=agg
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Yeah, I'm not sure what is up with that site though. It says I have yet to play any solo games in the new season, and that's not true. Not sure how many I've played, but it's more than zero.

edit: And...I just tried searching for my handle again instead of refreshing the page that was already open for my handle and that fixed everything. Or seems to, after a cursory inspection. Weird, but I don't care why or how, just that it's fixed.

edit2: While it now reports my most recent FPP solo game on the tracker in the right panel, it is still showing no solo games played under the solo tab. Beats me.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

It seems like they are still trying to catch up. This morning it wasn't reporting anything for me and now it has everything.

I'm mia until Monday night at least as I'm visiting family. I probably could use a few days break. I play this way too much.

GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Winchester vs R45. I won with the R45. He had body armour too. Not sure how many times I hit him, but it felt like only once and he dropped like a sack of potatoes and his level 1 armour was pretty beat up.

We both landed in the same area and he came hunting me.

Had another shootout, AKM (me) vs. 416 (him) with a destroyed jeep between us. He beat me up pretty bad before I got to cover, and with no time to heal it was kill or be killed. The jeep might as well have been a mountain because it wouldn't let any bullets past. I had his head sighted through the glass and nothing made it through. Everything was bouncing off the jeep, as were his bullets. Eventually he got an angle where he could slip a bullet between the jeep and another wreck, but before that, it was bullet hell with nothing landing on either side. Was a weird one.
Last edited by GreenGoo on Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.