Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Max Peck

Re: Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Post by Max Peck »

It seems like it may be John Barrowman's turn in the barrel.

John Barrowman: Release of new Torchwood audio story scrapped
An audio story featuring John Barrowman as Captain Jack Harkness, his character from Doctor Who and spin-off Torchwood, has been pulled from release.

It follows allegations that in the past the actor repeatedly exposed himself while filming the TV shows.

Mr Barrowman has previously apologised for his behaviour.
Mr Barrowman's conduct has come under scrutiny in the wake of sexual misconduct allegations made against his former co-star Noel Clarke.

The actor's behaviour was reportedly viewed as "inappropriate pranks" and not intended to be or regarded as sexual in nature.

A video of Mr Clarke at a 2015 sci-fi convention joking about Mr Barrowman habitually exposing his genitals resurfaced and went viral earlier this month.
Mr Barrowman apologised in 2008 for exposing his genitals during a live BBC Radio 1 broadcast. At the time he said he "was joining in the light-hearted and fun banter" and had gone "too far".

In a new statement given to The Guardian earlier this month, he said his "high-spirited behaviour" was "only ever intended in good humour to entertain colleagues on set and backstage".

"With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously," he continued.

"Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed."
Given that this is literally old news, it seems odd that Big Finish is making a big deal about it now. They had a decade and more to decide whether they wanted to work with him.

This is also the first I've heard about the numerous accusations against Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith on Doctor Who). If they are true, he sounds like a straight up sexual predator.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I have repeatedly exposed myself on OO and have yet to suffer any consequences. :snooty:
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

hepcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:00 pm I have repeatedly exposed myself on OO and have yet to suffer any consequences. :snooty:
Never pants makes that somewhat expected.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Jaymann wrote:
hepcat wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:00 pm I have repeatedly exposed myself on OO and have yet to suffer any consequences. :snooty:
Now let’s not make this a competition.

hepcat also goes shirtless. And towel-less.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Zarathud wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:19 pm
Jaymann wrote:
Now let’s not make this a competition.

hepcat also goes shirtless. And towel-less.
That was one time! And I apologized to the manager of the movie theater on our way out!
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The actor's behaviour was reportedly viewed as "inappropriate pranks" and not intended to be or regarded as sexual in nature.
The thing is, from what I know of John Barrowman, I totally believe this.

It doesn't mean it isn't totally idiotic in this day and age.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Kevin Spacey returns to film acting in a role as a detective wrongly accused of sexual misconduct.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/m ... ilia-drama
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

EW
Megadeth ... is parting ways with bassist David Ellefson after he was accused of sending sexually provocative messages to a fan, allegedly starting when she was underage. Ellefson previously admitted to sharing sexually-tinged messages with a fan, but insisted she was an adult at the time.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:20 am EW
Megadeth ... is parting ways with bassist David Ellefson after he was accused of sending sexually provocative messages to a fan, allegedly starting when she was underage. Ellefson previously admitted to sharing sexually-tinged messages with a fan, but insisted she was an adult at the time.
So the band experienced a Minordeth, then. They should be fine.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Wow, I didn't know that about Dave.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Extradited to CA for more charges...

Harvey Weinstein is currently aboard an airplane for the first time in over a year -- but it's not for any type of vacay ... the guy's on his way to L.A. to face even more charges.

The disgraced movie producer's attorney, Mark Werksman, tells TMZ ... Weinstein's legal team was notified their client is being extradited Tuesday, and is said to be on a flight right now from New York to Los Angeles for a possible hearing in court Wednesday.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Broken link. Can you give the gist?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 pm Broken link. Can you give the gist?
How about this NPR link?

California Sues Gaming Giant Activision Blizzard Over Unequal Pay, Sexual Harassment
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Leeeeroooooy's Jerking

Edit: after reading through that article, I shouldn't make jokes. That sounds truly awful. I imagine some heads will/need to roll.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Good Morning America
ABC is currently in the throes of a scandal that's left workers "angry and confused," following a lawsuit that went public Wednesday morning and alleges former "Good Morning America" boss Michael Corn sexually assaulted two women, CNN reports.

The lawsuit filed by former "GMA" producer Kirstyn Crawford accuses Corn of sexually assaulting her in 2015 and sexually assaulting another ABC News producer, Jill McClain, in 2010 and 2011. Crawford also accuses ABC of ignoring the assaults, "[looking] the other way" and "[elevating] Corn through the ranks due to his commercial success as a producer," according to NBC, which obtained access to the lawsuit. Corn abruptly left his position earlier this year.
While the disturbing details of the lawsuit are enough to cause upset, some of the anger and confusion stems from ABC workers learning about the lawsuit through reporting from the Wall Street Journal rather than management, they told CNN reporter Oliver Darcy.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Whelp, looks like I won’t be listening to Alestorm or Gloryhammer anymore.
the Twitter chain of Gloryhammer’s initial announcement there is a screen shot of a post by an anonymous woman accusing bassist James Cartwright of abusive behavior. Other screen shots of what is allegedly a leaked group chat between band members shows them using racist and misogynistic language, including the n-word.
I’ve always known Bowes was a bit of a twat, but didn’t know the extent or that the other band members were on board. Bummer, as I generally like their music.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:41 pm Whelp, looks like I won’t be listening to Alestorm or Gloryhammer anymore.
the Twitter chain of Gloryhammer’s initial announcement there is a screen shot of a post by an anonymous woman accusing bassist James Cartwright of abusive behavior. Other screen shots of what is allegedly a leaked group chat between band members shows them using racist and misogynistic language, including the n-word.
I’ve always known Bowes was a bit of a twat, but didn’t know the extent or that the other band members were on board. Bummer, as I generally like their music.

Sigh. I'll watch for now, but I have a feeling I'll be editing some playlists soon.

I feel sorry for the Ragnarock folks. They have a bunch of licensed tracks from both bands in their game.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

The group chat is appalling and I won't excuse it. But as Sp says, Bowes is a dink, and I can see this kind of private banter happening between a group of uncouth, immature friends. Do I want to be associated with it? No I definitely don't. But there are a number of people I know/have known who I regard as more than acquaintances but less than friends who I wouldn't be surprised to find out carry on similarly behind closed doors. But they obviously need to be called on it, hard. (Mind you, they wouldn't remain my near-friends if they did it in front of me--not to that extent.) I'm waiting for confirmation and to see what the apology looks like before making a final judgment.

The accusation against Cartright however is horrific. If that's true and the band redeems itself, he needs to be gone at the very least. Did the other members know? Someone posted that in the Facebook thread very shortly after the announcement. I believe they more captures of the original message, but may be misremembering.

Edit: Unrelated, Ragnarock looks like a hilarious good time (without consideration for the issue at hand). I don't see myself getting into VR any time soon, but I'd love to pick that up someday... hopefully they add a lot more songs/artists.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Jurors have found R&B singer R. Kelly guilty of racketeering, including acts of bribery and sexual exploitation of a child, along with separate charges of sex trafficking.

In this federal case in the Eastern District of New York, Kelly faced a total of nine counts -- one count of racketeering, with 14 underlying acts that included sexual exploitation of a child, kidnapping, bribery and sex trafficking charges, and also eight additional counts of violations of the Mann Act, a sex trafficking law.

Kelly was found guilty of nine counts -- one count of racketeering and eight counts of violating the Mann Act. Of the 14 underlying acts for the racketeering count, he needed to be found guilty of at least two to be convicted of that count. Jurors found prosecutors had proven all but two of the 14 underlying racketeering acts.
Fifty prosecution and defense witnesses took the stand during the five-week trial, including victims who were identified as "Jane Does" in Kelly's indictments. There were 45 prosecution witnesses.

Jane Doe 1 was the singer Aaliyah, who died in 2001.

Jurors heard from multiple witnesses who were present at her marriage to Kelly on August 31, 1994, when he was 27 and she was 15. Prosecutors showed copies of the couple's marriage license application, which listed Aaliyah's age as 18 at the time of their wedding, as well as their marriage license and marriage certification.

Kelly's former tour manager, Demetrius Smith, testified reluctantly that he bribed a worker at a welfare office in the Chicago area to create a welfare ID for Aaliyah.
While the ID did not list Aaliyah's date of birth, an Illinois official testified September 15 that, generally, a person has to be at least 18 to obtain that particular type of ID.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

HR
After a two-year legal battle behind closed doors, an arbitrator has ruled that Kevin Spacey must pay House of Cards producer MRC nearly $31 million for sexual misconduct behind the scenes of the political series. On Monday, MRC filed papers in Los Angeles Superior Court seeking to confirm the arbitration award.
According to the latest filing, in an Oct. 19 decision the arbitrator concluded that Spacey repeatedly breached contractual obligations to provide services “in a professional manner” and “consistent with [MRC’s] reasonable directions, practices and policies,” including anti-harassment policies.

The JAMS arbitrator also pointed to how MRC had suffered from Spacey’s conduct, including having to halt the sixth season of House of Cards, rewrite the season and shorten it from 13 to eight episodes to meet a delivery deadline. Spacey claimed to still be entitled to money under his “pay or play” deal and argued that it was the decision by MRC and Netflix to cut him loose and not his conduct in early seasons outside the statute of limitations that had caused financial losses, but those contentions didn’t find favor in arbitration.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
The longtime house manager of Jeffrey Epstein's home in Palm Beach, Florida, read aloud from an instruction booklet Ghislaine Maxwell gave him in 2001 or 2002 that instructed staff in minute detail how to handle Epstein's homes.
The manual contained instructions for staff to maintain extreme discretion for Epstein, Maxwell and their guests.

"Remember that you see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing except to answer a question directed at you. Respect their privacy," Alessi read from the manual.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Spoiler:
Jurors deliberated for five full days before finding Maxwell guilty of five of six counts.
Maxwell still awaits trial on two counts of perjury.
malchior

Post by malchior »

BBC News is here for expert commentary!*

* From one of the people accused of the crimes involved.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

This story is insane:

“A company CEO made his employees visit strip clubs and sex shops and then harassed a worker who reported the accusations, according to a lawsuit filed by the former employee in New York. He is also accused of forcing employees to visit brothels and engage with prostitutes while on overseas business trips paid for by Servotronics Inc., an electronic parts supplier, among several separate allegations.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... rylink=cpy
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Grifman wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:45 pm This story is insane:

“A company CEO made his employees visit strip clubs and sex shops and then harassed a worker who reported the accusations, according to a lawsuit filed by the former employee in New York. He is also accused of forcing employees to visit brothels and engage with prostitutes while on overseas business trips paid for by Servotronics Inc., an electronic parts supplier, among several separate allegations.”

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... rylink=cpy
Woah.

SVT is publicly traded but is a micro cap ($32M), micro float (904K shares float/2.5M out) company. Trbovich (former CEO) holds around 6% of shares outstanding (around 150K shares worth $1.95M). Shares took a dive from Feb highs of around $9.5 to low $7s after news broke of the allegation in June. But they have since rallied to a $14 high in early Dec and are today at $13. So just about a double from when the allegations broke. Maybe his inevitable departure is viewed as a good thing.

He also resigned the day before the board was to meet to decide on his termination:
Edgar wrote:Item 3.03 Material Modifications to Rights of Security Holders

On December 22, 2021, the Board of Directors of Servotronics, Inc. (the “Company”) approved an Amendment No. 2 (the “Amendment”) to the Company’s Shareholder Rights Plan dated as of October 15, 2012 and amended by Amendment No. 1 dated March 9, 2015 (as amended, the “Rights Plan”). The Amendment revises the definition of an “Acquiring Person” under the Rights Plan.

This foregoing summary of the Amendment does not purport to be complete and is subject to and qualified in its entirety by reference to the Amendment, which is attached hereto as Exhibit 4.1 and is incorporated herein by reference.

Item 5.02 Departure of Directors or Certain Officers; Election of Directors; Appointment of Certain Officers; Compensatory Arrangements of Certain Officers.

On December 21, 2021, Kenneth D. Trbovich, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, terminated his employment by delivering a Notice of Termination to the Company.

As previously disclosed, on June 7, 2021, a former employee filed a complaint in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Erie, against Servotronics, Inc. the Servotronics Board of Directors, The Ontario Knife Company and Mr. Trbovich.

On June 8, 2021, the Company’s Board of Directors authorized an internal investigation and, pending its outcome, placed Mr. Trbovich on administrative leave.

On December 1, 2021 the Board of Directors provided Mr. Trbovich a notice of grounds for proposed termination listing certain grounds identified during the investigation. The Employment Agreement between the Company and Mr. Trbovich (the “Employment Agreement”) provides that Mr. Trbovich was entitled to be heard by the Board of Directors prior to any determination to terminate his employment for cause and to be advised during the hearing by an attorney of his choice and, if he chooses, to have his attorney be heard by the Board of Directors.

On December 1, 2021, the Board of Directors scheduled a meeting for December 22, 2021 to consider and act on the grounds for Mr. Trbovich’s proposed termination.

On December 21, 2021, one day prior to the Board meeting, Mr. Trbovich delivered his Notice of Termination and alleged that the Company breached the terms of the Employment Agreement by, among others, placing Mr. Trbovich on paid administrative leave pending the investigation.

On December 22, 2021, the Board of Directors accepted Mr. Trbovich’s resignation from the Company but rejected his request to treat his resignation as resignation for good reason under Paragraph 10 of his Employment Agreement. The Board also determined, based on the findings of its investigation, that Mr. Trbovich committed willful malfeasance in violation of his Employment Agreement, and that such willful malfeasance would have justified termination of employment pursuant to Paragraph 9 of the Employment Agreement, but for his earlier resignation.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just had to see why the hell a company would put up with that for so long. Turns out the founder of the company was a Nicholas D. Trbovich.

So...yeah.

Also, he appears to be made entirely out of LEGOS if his photos are any indication.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:36 pm I just had to see why the hell a company would put up with that for so long. Turns out the founder of the company was a Nicholas D. Trbovich.

So...yeah.
Predictable. Father builds legacy, kids fight over and squander it.
The elder Trbovich had been a captain of industry. In 1959, he founded the technology company Servotronics, which today has hundreds of employees and a $6 million factory in Elma. His patents and expertise made their mark on components for Boeing and Airbus aircraft. The Kensington High graduate held two doctorate degrees and is honored in the Niagara Frontier Aviation and Space Hall of Fame.

When he died Tuesday at age 82, Nicholas Trbovich Sr. left behind a daughter and four sons, one of whom was omitted from the obituary – Nicholas Trbovich Jr.

"If I were to sign a waiver of my rights against my late father's estate, Kenneth will consider my right to attend the wake," Nicholas Trbovich Jr. wrote in an affidavit. He went on to say he found the idea "extremely distasteful" and tried to call Kenneth, but his call was not returned.

In court papers, Nicholas Jr. attributes the sad situation to the actions of his brother Kenneth. They are estranged, Nicholas wrote, because of "long-standing business and personal disputes."

In 2010, Nicholas Jr. moved from chief operating officer to president of Servotronics. He had worked at the company since high school and was its second-highest executive. But he was ousted two years later, when Servotronics appointed younger brother Kenneth to succeed him.

Nicholas Jr. challenged the action and won. An arbitrator in October 2014 deemed his termination a "sham" and awarded him $4.7 million in damages.

The sum rocked the company. The $4.7 million, plus the $850,000 that Nicholas Jr. sought in attorney's fees, amounted to about four years' of profits. The company turned to its insurance company for help in covering the payout.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Federal prosecutors in New York have moved to dismiss charges against two Bureau of Prisons guards who admitted to falsifying records on the night Jeffrey Epstein died by suicide in August 2019.

The guards who were on duty at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan when Epstein died entered into deferred prosecution agreements with Manhattan prosecutors in May.

The guards agreed to provide "truthful information related to their employment by the Bureau of Prisons, including about the events and circumstances described in the Indictment," according to a letter from federal prosecutors that was filed in court papers. The guards had to complete 100 hours of community service.

The agreement required the guards cooperate with a Department of Justice Inspector General review, authorities said in May.

Tova Noel and Michael Thomas have since fulfilled their part of the bargain, prosecutors wrote in a document posted to the docket Thursday.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Five missing and endangered teenage girls were recovered by U.S. Marshals in a monthslong operation that also saw the arrests of 30 individuals, the agency said last month.

The annual operation sponsored by the U.S. Marshals, dubbed "Operation Boo Dat," took place from mid-October to mid-December around the New Orleans area along with several Louisiana police and sheriff departments. The five missing girls found ranged from ages 14 to 17, according to a U.S. Marshal news release on Dec. 27.

One of the girls found was a 16-year-old who had left her home by allegedly stealing a relative's vehicle and handgun, according to the release. She was found at a New Orleans home, living with several adults, including a strip club dancer, the agency said.

According to the agency, a second recovery included a 14-year-old "with possible sex trafficking ties" found in New Orleans alongside a 17- and 15-year-old. The trio said they were stranded by adult males because one of the men's cousins was shot. A third recovery found a 15-year-old runaway with "prior human sex trafficking issues" in Baton Rogue, Louisiana, but their sex trafficker had recently been murdered.

A fourth and fifth recovery found two sisters, ages 15 and 16, in a Baton Rouge apartment who, "may be victims of adult(s) felony criminal sexual activities," the agency added.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BBC
A US judge will decide "soon" whether a civil sex assault case against the Duke of York will be dismissed, following the latest hearing in New York.

Prince Andrew's lawyer told Judge Lewis A Kaplan that the duke could be covered by a 2009 deal his accuser, Virginia Giuffre, made with Jeffrey Epstein.

Ms Giuffre is suing the prince claiming he sexually assaulted her - when she was 17 and a minor in some US states.

The duke denies the allegations.

At a virtual hearing in Manhattan on Tuesday, Judge Kaplan said he appreciated the "arguments and the passion" over the 2009 agreement.
The 2009 settlement agreement, released yesterday, revealed that now-dead financier Epstein paid Ms Giuffre $500,000 to end a claim for damages - and she agreed not to bring any future cases against other "potential defendants".

It does not mention Andrew, now 61, by name, and his lawyers argue the deal means Ms Giuffre, now 38, cannot sue him. Her lawyers contest that.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:51 pm BBC
A US judge will decide "soon" whether a civil sex assault case against the Duke of York will be dismissed, following the latest hearing in New York.

Prince Andrew's lawyer told Judge Lewis A Kaplan that the duke could be covered by a 2009 deal his accuser, Virginia Giuffre, made with Jeffrey Epstein.

Ms Giuffre is suing the prince claiming he sexually assaulted her - when she was 17 and a minor in some US states.

The duke denies the allegations.

At a virtual hearing in Manhattan on Tuesday, Judge Kaplan said he appreciated the "arguments and the passion" over the 2009 agreement.
The 2009 settlement agreement, released yesterday, revealed that now-dead financier Epstein paid Ms Giuffre $500,000 to end a claim for damages - and she agreed not to bring any future cases against other "potential defendants".

It does not mention Andrew, now 61, by name, and his lawyers argue the deal means Ms Giuffre, now 38, cannot sue him. Her lawyers contest that.
This does explain why she wasn't part of the Maxwell case. If they tied her to Maxwell, this case would go poof. Also, how does that agreement play into criminal proceedings?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Reuters
Ghislaine Maxwell, who was convicted last week of aiding Jeffrey Epstein's sexual abuses, deserves a new trial, her lawyer said on Wednesday after a juror told media including Reuters that he had been a victim of sexual abuse.
Nathan's decision on whether a new trial is warranted could hinge on how the juror responded to questions during jury selection about his experiences with sexual abuse, which legal experts said was a key question that defense lawyers were looking at to weed out potentially biased jurors.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Saw this on Twitter a few days ago and it gave me a little laugh...Image
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

BBC
The Duke of York's military titles and royal patronages have been returned to the Queen, Buckingham Palace has announced.

Prince Andrew will stop using the style His Royal Highness in an official capacity, a royal source said.

The duke's roles will be given to other Royal Family members, the source added.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement: "With the Queen's approval and agreement, the Duke of York's military affiliations and Royal patronages have been returned to the Queen.

"The Duke of York will continue not to undertake any public duties and is defending this case as a private citizen."
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Some difficult decisions no longer need to made.
Among the honorary positions he held in Northern Ireland were patronages of the two prestigious golf clubs.

A source close to both clubs said: “There will be immense relief by members that this decision has been taken out of their hands.”
I, for one, am so very glad that they don't have to make the incredibly difficult move of kicking out a total piece of shit.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CVS
CVS Health said Friday that it fired several employees, including executives, following an internal investigation into how the company handled sexual harassment complaints.

The company also said it will shake up how it handles similar complaints in the future, according to a CVS statement. CEO Karen Lynch will oversee the effort.

CVS did not say how many employees were fired.

In a statement, the drugstore chain and health-care company said it received an anonymous report in late 2021 that alleged misconduct by an employee in field management. It said it hired an outside firm to conduct an independent review. After the probe concluded and substantiated those complaints, CVS said it “terminated the individual and others have since been exited from the company for failing to treat allegations with the seriousness we expect.”
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:01 pm CVS
CVS Health said Friday that it fired several employees, including executives, following an internal investigation into how the company handled sexual harassment complaints.

The company also said it will shake up how it handles similar complaints in the future, according to a CVS statement. CEO Karen Lynch will oversee the effort.

CVS did not say how many employees were fired.

In a statement, the drugstore chain and health-care company said it received an anonymous report in late 2021 that alleged misconduct by an employee in field management. It said it hired an outside firm to conduct an independent review. After the probe concluded and substantiated those complaints, CVS said it “terminated the individual and others have since been exited from the company for failing to treat allegations with the seriousness we expect.”
And this is why I stopped filling my prescriptions at CVS.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Variety
Kevin Spacey has been charged with four counts of sexual assault and one count of “causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.”

The decision was unveiled Thursday by the U.K.’s Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), which has spent over a year reviewing a file passed to them by the Metropolitan Police.
At least some of the charges are believed to stem from Spacey’s time at the Old Vic theater in London, where he served as artistic director from 2004-2015. Following a cascade of sexual assault allegations against the actor in the U.S., the theater undertook an internal investigation which, according to the BBC, resulted in 20 victims coming forward who claimed he had behaved inappropriately toward them.