Report broken stuff here

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

FishPants
Server WhOOre

Report broken stuff here

Post by FishPants »

Working on themes and updates etc, but report any broken stuff here please -- or any requests for themes for PHP BB 3.2 here.
No.
Moliere

Re: Report broken stuff here

Post by Moliere »

It's not full screen.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

?
No.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Yeah, it's got several inches on either side of the board that is just empty window. At least in pro-silver.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Try another style and see if those work better for you. I'd like to avoid trying to customise style code; it makes updates a real bear to manage.
No.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I'll poke around but is there a style that puts avatars (etc) back on the left? It's like I'm suddenly in Mirror World or something. :wink:

Answer is yes... mostly... some are just too odd for me. Gonna go with "Black" for now, see if that settles in with me...
-mf
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

FishPants wrote:Try another style and see if those work better for you. I'd like to avoid trying to customise style code; it makes updates a real bear to manage.
For what it’s worth the Tapatalk install was a lot easier on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! My eyes!
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm I'll poke around but is there a style that puts avatars (etc) back on the left? It's like I'm suddenly in Mirror World or something. :wink:

Answer is yes... mostly... some are just too odd for me. Gonna go with "Black" for now, see if that settles in with me...
Black seems...adequate...although it's really more gray when reading, and I don't like the red font. Only the edit box and quotes are really black. At least the functionality is fine and it's not too hard on the eyes.

Going to try some of the Digi variations and see if I like those any better.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Anyone see the view all unread link that used to be on the top?
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
stessier

Post by stessier »

Just for reference, Hexagon, Latte, Latte Red, SE Square Left, and prosilver don't expand to take up whatever browser space is available. It's not an issue, just a comment in case anyone else comes in concerned.

Think I'll settle on one of the Digi themes.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Bigimg tags don’t work in Tapatalk
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Punisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm Anyone see the view all unread link that used to be on the top?
There's a menu in the top left, at least on my phone. It yields view new, view unread, etc.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

~The link to Steam profiles is gone. I know a lot of us made heavy use of this during the holidays.

~There is an option in the User Control Panel 'Profile' section on Digi Green and Hexagon (I didn't check the others) that reads, 'UCP_PROFILE_SAFEGAMERTAG' that just leads to an error page.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:46 pm
Punisher wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:21 pm Anyone see the view all unread link that used to be on the top?
There's a menu in the top left, at least on my phone. It yields view new, view unread, etc.
Yes, you should see it listed beneath "Quick links" (after clicking on it).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
FishPants
Server WhOOre

Post by FishPants »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:14 pm ~The link to Steam profiles is gone. I know a lot of us made heavy use of this during the holidays.

~There is an option in the User Control Panel 'Profile' section on Digi Green and Hexagon (I didn't check the others) that reads, 'UCP_PROFILE_SAFEGAMERTAG' that just leads to an error page.
I will look into a 3.2 extension that's the same.. but the main reason I am looking at using another whole package is because there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for 3.1/3.2 like there was previously with extensions and so on. Maybe I will find a lot of the mods are now native, but I think the dickheads that run the phpBB forums have chased away developers with their condescension and juvenile approach.

Anyways lets see how this all works out.. I have some work to do still on the back end.
No.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Is the large white space margins part of "working on the themes" or is this a new feature? If the latter, can it be turned off? I really dislike 1/4 of my screen not being used.
Black Lives Matter
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Some of them use all (more?) of the screen real estate, some don't.

Something I'm finding I don't like about having a dark background are how all of the topic icons and many smilies are not well... trimmed... for lack of a better term. Once you get past the core smilies, most of the rest have white bits around them that look like crap on a dark background. Ah well.

I was using "prosilver" before but not sure I like the author panel on the right with it now, ended up switching to "SE Square Left" as a compromise to get that back on the left with a non-dark/black background.

Quick aside on not a new issue, but wondering why are some of the smilies end not being the one you select? For example, the wink at the end of the second row does not get you that one but rather the more elongated one down below. Pick :wink: but get ;) - sorry for throwing it in here but keep forgetting to ask.
-mf
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

It's never been letterboxed before. I've not changed anything since the forum began, this is the first time it's done something like this. I use whatever the default view/theme is.
Black Lives Matter
Jag

Post by Jag »

Anyway we can get this back on the main page. Think it's most people's go to link.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is it me or is finding the 'board index' link tough? Like in a thread in everything but games its usually at the top. But the only one I found was back to everything but games at the bottom. Then from there I found board index..again I think at bottom. I could swear it was at the top left of every thread before. Im using ALLsomethingorotherleft.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Whoops, I posted it in the other thread already. If it's not too much trouble, could you add the ProBlack theme? Seems to be the closest to Black Pearl in terms of color scheme.
http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/proBlack
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

One thing I've noticed, clicking on links now opens them in the same tab instead of in a new tab. Is that a setting? I can work around it, but it was nice not to have to worry about that previously. It doesn't seem to matter which theme is selected.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

TheMix wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am One thing I've noticed, clicking on links now opens them in the same tab instead of in a new tab. Is that a setting? I can work around it, but it was nice not to have to worry about that previously. It doesn't seem to matter which theme is selected.
I had griped about this years ago and they were able to get it fixed, but I think I was kind of in the minority about the issue, so I didn't bring it up again (trying to be a good passive citizen consumer of the forums.) But if you want to bring it up, I'll +1 it and say it would nice to have that setting back again.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:50 pm AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! My eyes!
This. I have not idea what I had before but I desperately want it back.
naednek

Post by naednek »

using the red latte, looks nice, but i wish the view wasn't so narrow. The other boards seem to be the same as well
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
stessier

Post by stessier »

naednek wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:55 am using the red latte, looks nice, but i wish the view wasn't so narrow. The other boards seem to be the same as well
No one reads what I write. :(
stessier wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:23 pm Just for reference, Hexagon, Latte, Latte Red, SE Square Left, and prosilver don't expand to take up whatever browser space is available. It's not an issue, just a comment in case anyone else comes in concerned.

Think I'll settle on one of the Digi themes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont think bigimg tags are working right. I posted a pic in the silly pics thread and it seems huge still to me. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78148&p=2515098#p2515098
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

The President is broken. Can you fix Trump. Thanks.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

hentzau wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:07 am
TheMix wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:04 am One thing I've noticed, clicking on links now opens them in the same tab instead of in a new tab. Is that a setting? I can work around it, but it was nice not to have to worry about that previously. It doesn't seem to matter which theme is selected.
I had griped about this years ago and they were able to get it fixed, but I think I was kind of in the minority about the issue, so I didn't bring it up again (trying to be a good passive citizen consumer of the forums.) But if you want to bring it up, I'll +1 it and say it would nice to have that setting back again.
+2
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am
I'm using the green theme which I hate slightly less than the others. I was a pro-silver user before. The one new white space theme is offensively bright compared to the previous pro-silver.

I'm just going to adjust to the new green theme. I'll get there, eventually. Anything with a dark background and light text is more difficult to read for me, for whatever reason.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

GreenGoo wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:12 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:31 am
I'm using the green theme which I hate slightly less than the others. I was a pro-silver user before. The one new white space theme is offensively bright compared to the previous pro-silver.

I'm just going to adjust to the new green theme. I'll get there, eventually. Anything with a dark background and light text is more difficult to read for me, for whatever reason.

Not sure which way I'll go yet. Everything will be an adjustment for my creature comfort peabrain.
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:38 pm I dont think bigimg tags are working right. I posted a pic in the silly pics thread and it seems huge still to me. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=78148&p=2515098#p2515098
No, the tags still work, that picture isn't very conducive to the scaling algorithm (since it's so narrow and long).

Test:

Enlarge Image

(the original image is 960x640 pixels, so it's definitely scaled down)
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Using Black theme (until Black Pearl is back):

The old option to go to first unread post when clicking on a thread seems broken - it always seems to take me to the top of the thread.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Moliere wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:09 pm The President is broken. Can you fix Trump. Thanks.
We can only wish, as I'm going with Trump is FUBAR.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This is awesome. If someone quotes you you get a notification bell turning red (in whatever silver mode I am in). So if I run through and quote Izzy in like 80 different threads, he'd have to run through and click them all to turn the bell off.

That's crazy cool.

Wait. No. I would never do that.
Spoiler:
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:19 pm I look forward to emoji support.
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:17 pm
Dr. Sugardaddy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:15 pm Isn't the rest of the world moving to ICD11 in 2015? :)
WHO
The 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) is due by 2018!
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:00 pm It would be 50% protection for terrain level behind me, but...

Change it to 1425, and I can have the building behind me.
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:51 pm
Max Peck wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm The Panama Papers
CTV
A Maltese investigative journalist who had exposed her island nation's links with the so-called Panama Papers document leak was killed on Monday when a bomb destroyed her car as she was driving near her home, Malta's Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said.

Daphne Caruana Galizia, 53, had just driven away from her home in Mosta, a town outside Malta's capital Valletta, when the bomb exploded, sending the vehicle's wreckage spiraling over a wall and into a field.

Muscat says her death resulted from a "barbaric attack" that also assaulted freedom of expression. He described the slain journalist as "was one of my harshest critics, on a political and personal level," as he denounced the attack as "unacceptable" violence.
Caruana Galizia had been sued for libel because of various articles she wrote on her blog "Running Commentary," and she had filed a report with the police two weeks ago that she was receiving threats.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Luckily, it's only one notification per reply, not per quote. :P
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 pm Luckily, it's only one notification per reply, not per quote. :P
We can make it a coordinated campaign.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Moliere wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:41 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:36 pm Luckily, it's only one notification per reply, not per quote. :P
We can make it a coordinated campaign.
You certainly can.
LordMortis

In which I quote Izzy a bunch

Post by LordMortis »

I dunno it it's broken but when someone changes the thread title in the post it changes on the thread name on the page. It confused me when I replied to a thread and the thread was no longer the thread I replied to because someone changed the title before the update.