No water....NOPE! ...no water AGAIN!...yes again

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Freyland

Re: No water

Post by Freyland »

Paulbaxter publicized one here for his nursing school costs a year or so ago.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:09 pm Wanted to add...something about GFM weighs on my mind. From what I can tell $2000 would cover it. But say I did somehow get that $2000 and then the entire job came to like $1400. Id feel bad about that extra $600. Is there a way to see who donated what so I could send parts back or something?.....ya stupid shit like that worries me while other people as for $25k or whatever to go on a vacation. Im weird...ask my wife.
you can give a target goal, and state that if the installation and hook-up comes to less than that, the money will go to fixing (list repair list item A, repair list item B, repair list item C, etc). be sure to post photos.

i'm not a fan of gofundme, but this would be about as worthy a use of the site i've seen.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess it would be better to get to much and either not need it or use for other stuff than get too little and still have no water and a torn up yard. Honestly I dont expect anything from it. I think id be lucky to see $20. But as they say nothing ventured nothing gained. No harm in asking.

I will make one tomorrow when I can take pictures of it all. I will keep it updated with pics and info from start to finish. Hey you guys could see my cave :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Big tip: Your success depends highly on you spreading the word. Posting it to social media is a big start.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I only use Twitter and my biggest follower is Bindi Irwin.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Big followers aren't what you need as much as a variety of followers who might give a damn. On mine, I had a few friends who shared it, and some of their friends contributed significant amounts despite not actually knowing me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Set up the gofundme but like I said no one will know of it and i am pretty private online. I tweeted it with my twitter and linked my wife's facebook to it...bout all i can do.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Except, you know, linking it here.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:54 pm Except, you know, linking it here.
Yeah. That probably would help you some.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Didn't want to bother you guys. You have problems of your own. I read them :)
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 am Didn't want to bother you guys. You have problems of your own. I read them :)
And we try to help each other when we can. Link it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:51 am Didn't want to bother you guys. You have problems of your own. I read them :)
I had this same conversation with them. They eventually shamed me into sharing the link. Save yourself the torment. Link.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive not been able to financially help anyone in a long time though. But if you guys could link it forward that would be a huge help too. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/family-without ... needs-help

Theres the link. Heres a bigger version of our Facebook profile pic. Its me and Lil'D a year after we met..so maybe 1988. I'd be 19 and her 33.

Enlarge Image

EDIT:. Heres another taken at Christmas circa 1990 or 1991.That FB profile pic is one of my favorites ever. This one is when I was sick from smoking and weighed like 141 lbs. I was so sick at my stomach in those days. You finally get to see what I look like :) Im 6'0" and she is 4'8"

Enlarge Image

Hardly been out of each other's sight in 30 years....30 years as of Sept 22 or so. Is she behind me? She is isn't she??
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I only have 60 facebook "friends," many of whom are OO members, but FWIW your appeal is now before them. Hopefully they'll slide a few bucks your way. A few of them are pretty well-off.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thank you so much. really. Its already better than before just by sharing. And thank you to anyone else who even looks at it. Appreciate it very much.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:31 am I only use Twitter and my biggest follower is Bindi Irwin.
This forum is also part of social media.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Is there a reason the pump has to be set up under the porch? Couldn't you install it on the side of the house and have piping running under the porch? Maybe that would save some installation money.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Shared on all of the social media I am on, short of digging up my 2005 MySpace password. I'll add a little myself in a week or so after the first of the month.
naednek

Post by naednek »

hey, as someone who has asked OO'ers and GT'ers to donate to the CF Foundation to help my son and others, don't second guess our generosity. You'll be blown away.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

McNutt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 am Is there a reason the pump has to be set up under the porch? Couldn't you install it on the side of the house and have piping running under the porch? Maybe that would save some installation money.
Even if it costs extra, it may be worth it in case something happens in the future... Especially if you get enough to cover it in the GFM.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Just for reference... I have a pretty crappy setup in my house and when the well pump died it came to around $1.800. I WISH I could hookup to the water, but sadly they stopped the project a block from my house when they ran out of money. DOH
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 pm Just for reference... I have a pretty crappy setup in my house and when the well pump died it came to around $1.800. I WISH I could hookup to the water, but sadly they stopped the project a block from my house when they ran out of money. DOH
You must secretly be a masochist. I don't think I've heard of many people taking as much abuse and mistreatment as you do. GTFO of Jersey.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Punisher wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm
McNutt wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:52 am Is there a reason the pump has to be set up under the porch? Couldn't you install it on the side of the house and have piping running under the porch? Maybe that would save some installation money.
Even if it costs extra, it may be worth it in case something happens in the future... Especially if you get enough to cover it in the GFM.
Or even build a small pump house over the well. Maybe the cost of running power to it would be too much.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:09 am Ive not been able to financially help anyone in a long time though. But if you guys could link it forward that would be a huge help too. Thank you.

https://www.gofundme.com/family-without ... needs-help

Theres the link. Heres a bigger version of our Facebook profile pic. Its me and Lil'D a year after we met..so maybe 1988. I'd be 19 and her 33.

Enlarge Image

EDIT:. Heres another taken at Christmas circa 1990 or 1991.That FB profile pic is one of my favorites ever. This one is when I was sick from smoking and weighed like 141 lbs. I was so sick at my stomach in those days. You finally get to see what I look like :) Im 6'0" and she is 4'8"

Enlarge Image

Hardly been out of each other's sight in 30 years....30 years as of Sept 22 or so. Is she behind me? She is isn't she??
My Lord you look exactly like a good friend I grew up with. Exactly accept your a little taller. I just forwarded your link to him and a few more.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Something to consider when deciding which way to go is that your new pump will be cheaper crap compared to your old pump(just like the people who install it) :wink: so it probably won't last near as long as your old pump. I think pump rebuild places still exist to this day also http://www.cawtn.com/. Looks like those guys offer 24 hr service and will even come to pick up your pump. For dependability you might prefer city water, and then someday install one of those emergency hand pumps similar to what I linked to way back, or have your old pump repaired.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Punisher wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:33 pm
Well its just about 12 feet from the well where it is and its safe under there and has all the piping underground to that spot and the wiring is all under the house and safe.

At this point we will do whatever is cheapest...city or pump...and try to get by. Unless we can somehow afford a better option. My sister stopped by and said a guy that was good friends with my wife's dad is looking for a pump. If they can find a cheaper pump then we will use the GFM for that and install. I just want to get it fixed any way possible the fastest and cheapest and not have to worry about making the goal on GFM. Its a big goal and will be difficult to reach or get near Im afraid. We'll have to do what we can is all. Personally Id rather go city for the dependability.

And to all you guys thank you for helping out...donating, spreading the word, sharing the link. Really appreciated. Up to $310 when I got up today. Ive sent a personal thank you to everyone who has donated but wanted to thank everyone here for that and all the other help. Its really great. And Im terrible at this asking for help and then knowing what to say about it. But thank you.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

em2nought wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:13 pm Something to consider when deciding which way to go is that your new pump will be cheaper crap compared to your old pump(just like the people who install it) :wink: so it probably won't last near as long as your old pump. I think pump rebuild places still exist to this day also http://www.cawtn.com/. Looks like those guys offer 24 hr service and will even come to pick up your pump. For dependability you might prefer city water, and then someday install one of those emergency hand pumps similar to what I linked to way back, or have your old pump repaired.
I contacted that place in your link. they will call me back tomorrow. The guy who answered didn't do repairs but said they can sometimes run as much as a new pump and the repair guy would call tomorrow to explain stuff. TY for the link though. Hey maybe they would be cheaper. I bought 3 car alternators years ago one after the other. The mechanic guy even tested the last one and said it was good yet still kept failing to charge. took it to a guy who repairs them and he said it needed brushes and diodes. brand new remember. he fixed it and its worked since. Stuff you repair can work better than new.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sister stopped by today. Not seen her in 2 years. She gave me some money because she got her SS check. She is not better off than us but she wanted to help bless her. She knows a guy who knew my wife's dad. He is confined to his home now with his heart. He's had a LOT of trouble with it over the years. Was a big out and goer..Florida, businesses, you name it. Feel really bad for him now. Anyways he wants to help but is limited to his home so he is calling anyone he knows to try and find a pump. He used to have his own plumber do all his work on houses and businesses and is trying to contact him to see if he can put a pump in if he can find one.

Lots of people trying to help but most all are doing so badly themselves I feel like a ass for it all. No I cant help my own disability but doesn't make me feel better. Been without water 7 days now. Hoping to get something moving next week ...hopefully sooner. I dont go anywhere at all any longer. We go to our doctors and to get food and maybe a stray bill I dont or cant pay online. When I talk about my friends Im usually talking about people I used to know and play with in real life but now only talk to on the phone. With all our family about gone on both sides I dont know anyone. So no one to call on for help. Those that are still around try to help as best they can. Our families knew tons of people but of course we dont and those people are all gone too. I feel like I died a ways back and just dont know it or I should have and missed my chance or something at times. Just today my sister said again to me "Why dont you get out? Do stuff. You're young yet" I dont feel young. I feel like Im sitting here dying at home..and I am very slowly. Sigh.

Enough of that. Still have hope on the water. Again thanks to all of you for the help, the donations, and the sharing. And yes the caring, the prayers, and the love. We will come through this.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm
Octavious wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:49 pm Just for reference... I have a pretty crappy setup in my house and when the well pump died it came to around $1.800. I WISH I could hookup to the water, but sadly they stopped the project a block from my house when they ran out of money. DOH
You must secretly be a masochist. I don't think I've heard of many people taking as much abuse and mistreatment as you do. GTFO of Jersey.
I would if I could possibly sell my house for even close to break even. Having a well pump die isn't really a NJ thing is it? :lol:
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Octavious wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 pm
I would if I could possibly sell my house for even close to break even. Having a well pump die isn't really a NJ thing is it? :lol:
No, but it certainly adds some more strain to the camel.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Octavious wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 pm
Man - I think there'd come a time when I was like "You know what? Bankruptcy is 7 years. F##k this house, the bank can have it. F##k that job, stuff it up your a##. I'm out." and just move to a whole new state, live in an apartment for a while, and start over.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Honestly sometimes I wish I had the balls to do that. My daughter will be hitting college age in 7 years and having trashed credit wouldn't be the greatest thing.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Octavious wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 pm Having a well pump die isn't really a NJ thing is it? :lol:
Absolutely it is -- and it happened to us 6 months after we purchased our house. I think it was like a $2000 bill to replace; it sucked.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

If the septic ever fails that will be when I'm done. There's no way in hell I'm dumping 20k into that. Not that I even have that much anyway. Owning a house is silly and I hate it.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Our septic will need pumping next year or the next. its like $200 or so now Im guessing. In the early 90s it was $125.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

We just had ours pumped - every 36 months like clockwork and I think it was just under $400.

But yeah, home ownership is the greatest lie I was ever sold.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

But it's so awesome! After two and a half years and paying $58,000 on the down payment and mortgage, I have $18,000 in equity! And that's not even counting the $5k+ that I've paid out to replace the roof twice. Or the $5k+ on the new AC unit!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok the man trying to help got hold of his plumber and he himself is in bad shape from cancer. Our well man died and I looked up our septic tank man for shits and giggles and he died from cancer in June or July this year. Now this. He recommended a guy and it turned out it was the one who quoted $1500 and refused the job. So square one on that. Still looking into either city or a pump install. The GFM is getting very close to a pump cost. The guy next door said a place in town sells pumps like it for a bit over $600. Now sure the bit part. And the GFM has $415 as of yesterday. So close to the pump cost.

The guy trying to help is thinking city would be the way to go but its like $935 to install their meter then I still need to have a plumber run it to the house and hook in and hope it dont blow the old pipes apart...which requires a water flow thing. The other way if I can get a pump requires a person to plumb it in.

So close to either but not able to finish. That sounded vaguely like a dirty movie plot.
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:29 pm But it's so awesome! After two and a half years and paying $58,000 on the down payment and mortgage, I have $18,000 in equity! And that's not even counting the $5k+ that I've paid out to replace the roof twice. Or the $5k+ on the new AC unit!
Two roof replacements in two and a half years? Do you clean the snow off with dynamite?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Madmarcus wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:29 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:29 pm But it's so awesome! After two and a half years and paying $58,000 on the down payment and mortgage, I have $18,000 in equity! And that's not even counting the $5k+ that I've paid out to replace the roof twice. Or the $5k+ on the new AC unit!
Two roof replacements in two and a half years? Do you clean the snow off with dynamite?
Wind trashed the one that was on there when we moved in (age: 9y). A hail storm trashed the first replacement this past spring.