No water....NOPE! ...no water AGAIN!...yes again

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Freyland

Re: No water

Post by Freyland »

I did some price checking and it would appear 5K is the going price for a roof's worth of tinfoil and duct tape.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Next time, I'm getting it covered in Superballs.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One well guy says this....for $100 he will come out and look at it and quote a price. It would also cover the first hours work if I hired him. So he is $100 an hour. If he cant help or I dont hire him that is $100 down the drain I wont have for any work. BUT its possible he could tell me the exact pump I need, the pipe size in the well and to the pump....and if Im very lucky he could test and see how deep the well is.

Ive seen the exact pump I have online only rated at 160'....another from another brand and color paint...same HP and such.....260' foot well is fine but only on a 4" pipe...on a 2" pipe which some use it will only work to 180'.

Now Im wondering why the pump chosen for us is what it is. Either we have a 4" pipe or we have an under powered pump. Its all so much Ive got a headache and my wife got sick at her stomach today.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Can he also give you a quote on running the city water in while he's out there?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well he is the well digger so not sure. I guess I could ask. Maybe it would frighten him into a losing sale and give me a discount.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not really anything new to report for the Saturday update so Ill copy paste what I posted on the GFM page.

Nothing really new to update yet. Right now on Sat the plan is to withdraw whats in the GFM and have the local well man come out Monday or as soon as he can and look it all over. He stated $100 will get him out to look at it and tell me what it will cost, what he would need to do, and cover the first hour of work. Depending on what he says I might be able to get a pump and get some help to cover the costs of work with the rest of the GFM money.

Its also possible he will take my $100 and tell me a price thats too high or he wont do the work. That means Im out $100 and nothing done.
Hoping for the best. If so we could get water by the end of next week. That would be 2 weeks without water at all.

And an edit for here on OO. After seeing that typed out as I pasted it here it dawns on me part of that may be misinterpreted so Ill edit that here..
Depending on what he says I might be able to get a pump and get some help to cover the costs of work with the rest of the GFM money.
To be clear I meant IF I can get a pump somehow ..THEN the rest of the GFM could go to the labor costs of the well man.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just wanted to post the small update I had posted on GFM and didn't get around to posting here afterwords because my wife had a doctors app today and it slipped my mind. Apologies.

------------------------

A very small update. The withdrawn money made it to the bank and I called the well man to set up an appointment for him to look at it. He will be drilling new wells through Friday but said he will try to stop by by himself on an off time if he can before then. So waiting now for that visit . He said pumps like this run $500 - over $700.. Should be this week to at least find out needed info and pricing for the job.. Thursday will be 2 weeks with no water.

Again thank you to all who have donated or helped and plz keep sharing this GFM if you would .We greatly appreciate all of you. God bless.

BK & D
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

HUGE update guys and gals!! WE HAVE WATER!!!!!! Im in a rush so will be back later to chat about it but I am copy pasting the entire update I posted on GFM to here. You of course can read it there as well. Anyone who donated plz read the entire post. Its long but has lots of info in it. I shut the GFM down today after I posted this.

c/p..............

Hi all this is Brian & Donna today. This is the big update we've all been working towards! We have water!!!!

Ok thats out of the way Ill get into the rest of the big update. This will be a long update full of all the info and details so please PLEASE read the entire post to the end. I apologize for the size of the update but I want to post everything before I close this GFM.

Ok so where to start really. We were out of water a total of 2 weeks! Wow. As Ive said both myself and my wife are physically disabled and live on a fixed income and live month to month or week to week really. The well pump was installed, according to what we have studied, in 2005. So come Jan next year it will be 13 years old. Pumps last 8-15 years so it says online and according to the well man. We had no means to get a new pump, repair this one, or even find out what was wrong with it. I called the man who installed this one back in 2005 and he had passed away 4 years ago. His wife contacted the man who took over his contracts and he came out. He barely got to the porch and said he just didn't want to do the job. He then stated it would take $1500 to even get him to start and then go up from there. Then he said he didn't want to do it again and got in his truck and left. I really wish I could post his name so others would not be ripped off by this guy but I cant afford a court trial over it.

So there we were with no money and a possible $1500 or more bill. So my online friends told me about GoFundMe and said it could help. As my wife contacted anyone we could I started this campaign. And as you know from my first post I didn't want to because I hate asking for help or bothering anyone. But we had no choice and in the end Im glad we did.

You have all been so amazing. I didn't think it would make anything. No one really personally knows me these days. Being disabled we stay home and inside almost all the time. We only venture out to pay a bill, pick up food, or go to the doctors. Thats really it.

So when the donations started to come in I really was surprised a bit. But also I was touched by the caring of everyone. So was my Wife. We started to have some hope then.

Now to more detailed info. Sunday I set up the GFM to withdraw the money into our bank account because I still had no cash and I needed to have $100 to call and set up an appointment with another well service. GFM had no way for me to simply withdraw just that $100 and it also only allows daily, weekly, or monthly in the settings. On Tuesday the money was in and I set the service call up. He required $100 to simply come out and give a quote and then cover the first hour of work.

As you can see the total donation amount was $735. GFM takes out a 5% fee. So in total we have received $673.01.

All we have spent from the donations are gas to go take showers at someone else's house, drinking water from the store, and some food we needed to keep us until our disability checks arrived this month. We also had to buy some eating supplies such as paper plates and stuff because we could not wash dishes easily. Remember we were without water for 13 days.

A friend of my wife's got in contact with us and offered his help this week. He knew a man who was in the well service business that we had no idea was around here. He came out and looked at the well pump. He took it apart and tested some stuff in it and found a bad part. He replaced the part and got the well pumping water again!

He stated he believed that was the main problem but could not guarantee that something else was not wrong with it. The pump is 13 years old as I said.

Ok here is an important part. We have been SO thankful for everyone wanting to help out and for the donations. BUT.....the man who fixed it would not accept any payment. This was all prearranged by that same friend of my wife's. And he agreed to have this well service man's costs covered.

You kind folks donated to help pay for the water being fixed. In my original post and opening this GFM I stated any left over donation money would be used for our family's other needs. ....food, thrift store clothing, winter heating, gas, property tax...things of that nature...even doctor bills.

BUT it cost us nothing to repair the pump thanks to both these men. I would like to know if anyone would like their donation refunded. My wife and I are kind and decent folk and God fearing. Keeping this money without explaining all of this and offering a refund to anyone who wishes is just not in us.

So Im posting here an now on this day, Thursday Nov 2 2017, that I will wait 3 calendar days for anyone who wants a refund to contact me here through GFM with the same login name that they donated with to ask for a refund. Those I do not hear from within those 3 days I will assume wish for us to keep and use this donated money to help our family with the stated needs and other assorted needs along with doctor bills. Know that none of this money would or will be spent on frivolous, unneeded, or luxury items.

Please keep in mind that if everyone contacts me for a refund that because of the GFM 5% fee I will be $61.99 short of the full refunds total. I would still be able to pay everyone back but would need to pay back some on a month to month basis from our disability income per month.

So to sum all this info up.....

We have water!!

Thanks to everyone that helped in the ways they have.

Thank you wonderful folk for all the donations and caring and prayers.

Total donations were $735.00 and total received was 673.01.

Will offer refunded donations to anyone wishing one within 3 calendar days from today Thursday Nov 2 2017

Any donations left for our family will be used on gas, property tax, broken appliances, broken toilet, doctor bills, medicine (my wife has been so sick because of these 2 weeks her doctor had to put her on some new medication this week), thrift store clothing, small repairs, just anything we have been needing so badly but just haven't been able to do or get.

Contact me through GFM if you have any questions or comments or if I have left anything out you would like to know.

We still have to worry about this old pump dying at anytime.

Love and well wishes from both of us and all our thanks in this troubling time.

Brian & Donna

God bless you all!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

:clap:
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Great news. :D :D :D
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

do you have a priority list of what to do with any funds that donors wish for you to keep? i'd say get that toilet fixed.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Great news! :horse:

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:54 pm do you have a priority list of what to do with any funds that donors wish for you to keep? i'd say get that toilet fixed.
Yep. If you keep with the spirit of the original gift, I doubt anyone would complain. Figure out what other practical things are making your lives harder that you've had to let go because of the cost.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:59 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:54 pm do you have a priority list of what to do with any funds that donors wish for you to keep? i'd say get that toilet fixed.
Yep. If you keep with the spirit of the original gift, I doubt anyone would complain. Figure out what other practical things are making your lives harder that you've had to let go because of the cost.
No not yet. I could sit down and write out everything if someone required one. Well one within reason. To fix everything ...as there are some big things..it would take many thousands haha.

EDIT: EDIT: As I walked to the mailbox I saw two things to list...

1. Mortar mix. Had to crack the well cap to get to water and need to reseal it against debris, contamination from surface water and to keep animals and kids out.

2. Some lumber. The entrance under the porch to the well has a door and frame..Door fell off. Both it and the frame are water damaged and rotted off. The entire house is severely water damaged. Just hoping it outlasts us at this point.
DD*

Post by DD* »

Time to go all Charlie Sheen and throw that cash at some hookers and blow!!

Or, you know, fix the toilet. Your call, really. :)
Are you a prostitute Rip? Because you blow the margins more than a $5 hooker. -rshetts2

Much like bravery is acting in spite of fear, being a functioning adult is acting responsibly in the face of temptation. -Isg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I could throw the hookers and blow at the toilet. That would be new. I bet Sheen hasn't even tried that. Aw who am I kidding..he has.
Zarathud

No water

Post by Zarathud »

So what did the well guy do to fix it?
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Grats Daehawk. Always glad to read some good news in the day.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 am So what did the well guy do to fix it?
Reboot.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Zarathud wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:25 am So what did the well guy do to fix it?
He took the well pump apart and tested stuff in it until he found the bad part and replaced it and rebuilt the pump again.

Hey can you guys see my last post on GoFundMe? I want to be sure everyone can see it. I posted it before I shut the GFM down so that people could see it and yet not donate any longer.

Also can you tell me if my updates on GFM go out to donors in email?

3rd EDIT: What Im trying to figure out is if everyone who donated saw my last post update on GFM itself or got an email of that last update . That way I know all saw it. If no one saw it there or got an email then I need to manually email each and every donor to send them that last update I made about it being fixed. I dont want to appear I simply closed the GFM down with no final resolution update and want to be sure they see Im offering them a refund. Thanks all and thanks SO much for all the help, info, and donations.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

I've been informed GFM emailed a note about your last very long update. :ninja:
There is no hug button. Sad!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh thank you KB. Really appreciate that. Saves me lots of emails :) I was so afraid it had shut down without either sending the update via email or was not allowing access to the GFM now that I closed it. I cant seem to even see it myself. Wanted to be sure it emailed that update and people can access it on GFM.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

It's great that you were able to get the pump repaired and back in working order. But considering that your current pump is 13 years old, has failed once already, and the repairman could not guarantee how much life is left in it, perhaps the remainder of the funds you raised ought to go into savings towards the purchase and installation of a replacement (ideally with the same generous fellow that performed the repair).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive had 3 people tell me that and another 4 to use it for taxes and get stuff fixed...like that toilet. Ive told them all that to me..right now...that is not my money and using it would be stealing to me. Its why I posted that long update and offered refunds. If no one wants a refund ...or whatever is left...after Monday then Ill do this stuff. Stupid me was born with an overactive conscious. Some have none, others are normal but mine is too helpful. Its a wonder I dont feel bad breathing other people's air.

I hope to get out of bankruptcy in a year or so..I hope. I cant recall now when it will be. Then half our monthly money wont be instantly gone. Can have food for 4 weeks a month in stead of 3!! :) See theres that damn conscious again at work. I wouldn't just drop what I owed. We got the type that we can pay off our owed stuff and not simply run away and forget them.
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

If I were you I'd fix the toilet first. I replaced my entire toilet many years ago. The hardest part was carrying out of the house.

That thing was 100+ pounds of a one-piece half-height tank/base monstrosity that nobody makes parts for anymore.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

In terms of assuaging your conscience, if you put the funds you raised specifically towards the purchase and installation of a replacement pump, it'd be well within the spirit of what you originally posted on GFM. You know it's only a matter of time until your current pump fails again, perhaps in a more serious/permanent manner, so why tempt fate? Better to plan ahead, so when you're faced with an identical crisis when it does inevitably crap out, you already have it covered (and if your conscience is what you say it is, returning hat in hand to GFM to facilitate replacement when the need arises also ought to be fairly undesirable).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya didn't like to that time.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

killbot737 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:04 pm If I were you I'd fix the toilet first. I replaced my entire toilet many years ago. The hardest part was carrying out of the house.

That thing was 100+ pounds of a one-piece half-height tank/base monstrosity that nobody makes parts for anymore.
*cough* Hammer
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I need to replace the inside the tank parts. The same stuff my sister needed to and broke her entire toilet doing. I also need a water valve on it. I cant turn off the water. Will need to turn the entire house off then get that valve on then get the water back on. Its a good reason to be waiting a bit longer. Afraid now to touch water lol. Also need to replace a kitchen sink water valve. Its stuck almost closed so had only a small stream from the cold side for 2 years. Same thing...water off...replace valve.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I've replaced the innards on toilets multiple times. It's not very difficult. Not sure how she could have broken it. However, no way to turn off the water? That's crazy.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its OLD too so gotta find the right innards.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Toilet technology is refreshingly simple and straightforward. I've replaced all the innards of ours at least once, and the flap valve three times. You probably won't need to match obsolete components; the input/output tank openings have been standardized for ages, so unless you have a weird size or shape, the tank shouldn't care what mechanisms go inside it, as long as they fit.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Looking at pics these two seem to be the same as whats in it...its called a ballcock. What a name.

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

Cant find the ball or flusher arm...but should be easy
killbot737

Post by killbot737 »

Bring the innards to the hardware store with you. I do that all the time with broken shit. i.e. "I need one of these <shows broken item>"

BTW I wanted to keep my weird old toilet intact so that one day I might see it on Antiques Roadshow. I wanted to be devastated by the news that it was one of 1000 that were ever made, and it would be worth $350k at auction. I more realistically expect it's in a landfill, or serving as an ornament/planter on some hoarder's lawn. Possibly someone who lives close to Daehawk.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Probably my sister. Or dbt. I do do that on occasion by taking something with me and going "heres I need that"...but damn if I dont hate to do it. I ma man and I should know this stuff. lol.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:42 pm I could throw the hookers and blow at the toilet. That would be new. I bet Sheen hasn't even tried that. Aw who am I kidding..he has.
Pay the hookers to fix the toilet.. 2 birds, 1 stone..
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And its dead again. I was hoping it was just that part that failed last time so went and took money out of what I just saved for my property tax this fall and bought two of them. They both blew like a shotgun shell. So not the easy fix I was hoping. It seems the pump has actually HAD it this time. It had been very loud lately and now its locked completely up. I learned last time now one works on these so even if I could afford a new one thats nearly $1000 I have no way to install it. I dont know what to do.

I sent an email to my friend who I think I gave the giant water storage barrels to after last time hoping he still has them and can bring one by and I can fill from my neighbor. Tha twill let me wash dishes sometimes and flush the toilet every few days. Showers Im have no idea...maybe my sisters in the next town over or the YMCA...though from the stories of the YMCA I doubt Im want to be naked there.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about at the YMCA.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok update July 14 2022.

BTW went to get my food at the pantry. They have changed to 20th or 25th due to unforeseen problem. This is how life is going.

Salvation Army - No help but would see. Also said they would email the other help places to see. So more than I had before.

the Caring Place. _ I get food here. They were more helpful. They dont do this help either but they do help by making a power bill payment or will pay my mortgage payment. But thats weeks away. Plus they are a cart before the horse kind of place which creates a catch 22 for me. They want me to buy the pump first then submit the info and they can help me. Which is impossible. Needs to be the other way around. But they still may be able to work it.

My main bank - been there error free for 25 -30 years. Loan info requirements and./...min is $2000 and requires credit score of 720. I HAD 737 until I paid my bankruptcy off in which it dropped 100 points and hasn't moved. Nice way to reward someone for doing the right thing.

Bank 2 - $2000 requires640 score. So maaaaaay be doable. But its 8+% interest and payments are $100 a month which leaves me out anyways.

Bank 1 did give me a number to a credit union guy that works with low income folk and does smaller loans. BTW both loans if I had to get $2000 I could use what I need and put the rest back into the loan instantly.

Anyways still to call that credit union. Its next. Im not giving up. Seems these help places will break their neck and shove folk out of the way to run at you if you offer them $1. I pay all my change each holiday into their little red kettles. But if you have YOUR hand out they wont come of of their hole or make a sound.

I had to use $40 at the store to get more jug water and stuff to make sandwiches and microwave freezer meals and stuff. I spent my food stamps on cooking food and stuff. I washed 1 pot, 3 dishes, and some silverware last night and it took a whole bucket of well water I filtered and another gallon of spring water to wash and rinse just that. I cant replace my jug water that way due to being disabled and I spent all my food stamps already.

I did start a gofundme but nothing in days or ever so ready to delete it. I hate begging. Even for this. I will say a great person on OO donated $500 to me and it was right when I first had this start a week ago. I had asked no one. Thank you to them you know who you are. So really Between having almost all that left minus the food I had to buy today and finding a pump online and the place near me saying thaey'll match online with shipping included Im looking at needing $500 more buck only.

So getting there and no giving up. I wont quit when my little dog is reason enough. Me I could beg food at some place or shower someplace. I wont fail him. And yes though it is very depressing. I didn't sleep at all all night Tuesday night to stress. I fell asleep yesterday morning at 9am and woke up at noon abouts. After getting in 2 5gal buckets of well water and washing those few dishes and washing me and my hair off in the sink I was tuckered out sick and fell asleep at 7pm and couldn't wake myself up before midnight. Lights were all still on. I turned everything off and went back to sleep. My sisters worried phone call woke me up nearly 10am this morning or Id slept the day away and got nothing done. She was worried cause my phone was off. I sometimes have to rest so I turn it off. Also turn it off in the car because Im afraid Ill grab it and end up with a ticket. Trouble never ends and money just bleeds away.

this mortgage is crushing me after all. Without it Id have extra and have some savings for emergencies. Im SO close to being done with it. July 2024 I think it is. My home insurance agent is trying to find me cheaper ins too. So trying . All I can do. And no Im not making it out to ask you guys for anything. You have helped me at times. When my wife died my OO fam was there. it made her so happy. If only she had made it. I think all this life just took her early. Its working on me too now. But Im a survivor.

just venting here to someone...I dont have others in life...is a big help. Talking or getting ideals is amazing. On that note any ideas plz toss them out. I dont have any. Thanks to reading. Love you guys and gals.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I know you are not asking, but if some of us wanted to help, how could we get money to you the easiest?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter