hepcat

Re: No water

Post by hepcat »

Post the link to the gofundme, please.
He won. Period.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:02 pm just venting here to someone...I dont have others in life...is a big help. Talking or getting ideals is amazing. On that note any ideas plz toss them out. I dont have any. Thanks to reading. Love you guys and gals.
Reiterating what I posted in Random randomness:
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:41 pm Have you tried contacting your local branch of Habitat for Humanity? Because they provide a specific program for critical home repair services for situations like yours.

You should probably also contact your local HUD (Housing & Urban Development) office. They provide various resources to assist with home repairs for those on disability or on limited incomes, including grants and low-interest loans for home repairs.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Alefroth wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:01 pm I'm sure you have nothing to worry about at the YMCA.
Well, other than bulking up and becoming a bully at the beach. Walking around and kicking sand in skinny guys' faces. Man, I hate you kind of people!
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive actually looked into gyms for membership fees just for a shower. :) I was actually going to join one right after my wife passed to help with my health and back.

Update 2 today - Been listen to Aerosmith's Living on the Edge today :)

Called the credit union place. They sounded hopeful to me. They have small loan like $500 and low requirements but I have to go in and apply to see what those are and what it could mean for me.

Im now going to take my muscle relaxers and see about just chilling the rest of the day. drink my Cheerwine.
Last edited by Daehawk on Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:12 pm Post the link to the gofundme, please.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:12 pm Post the link to the gofundme, please.
+1
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Have you tried contacting your local branch of Habitat for Humanity? Because they provide a specific program for critical home repair services for situations like yours.
No. Figured all they did was Jimmy Carter would come out and build a house for a needy person and move on. :)

HUD..no idea as I think I only know of them as a house place.

See...these would never have occurred to me. Ill also check

Ill also check that other post. Thanks all.

my paypal is .

Id hate to post that gofundme to you guys. Its me literally begging for help and embarrassing myself to strangers. Hate for you guys to see it. I didn't even tell my sister. I mean theres no lies or fake shit in it...just me being a scared little waterless grub. Ill post it if I really have to when I decide to be sure I want to delete it so you can view it if you must..otherwise Ill wait. No offense. I really did beg. Though the posting is kinda neat. Least it was in my head in my head voice. On text it may be rambling of an insane person to others. I posted it during that night I couldn't sleep and was pacing my house crying like a baby. Plus its the same damn reason I was on there 5 years ago. I hate begging.

Thanks for understanding.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sry I forgot to post info on that pump and what Ive learned. My local place says they will match the online price if its lower but must factor in shipping. Ok most pumps are $850 - $2000. I have found one place that says $644 plus $80 shipping. I might get my local to match that if it is real and in stock. If so thats like $730 + install price which I dont know yet. I did find out a normal plumber is $100 - $150 an hour. Im not sure a normal plumber does this.

Oh and heres a link to that pump.

https://www.lockewell.com/index.php?mai ... ts_id=2562

SRY scratch all that...thats the 1/2 hp one..I need the 1 hp...dangit
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I'd like to personally thanks Hepcat for the $1,000,000 . Well its not cash. Its a pair of Bea Arthur boxer shorts. But he did sign them after using them. Said they are worth at least that much. Ill take his word for it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Bea was a thong lady, not a boxer lady.

I don't use paypal. If you post the gofundme link (just edit out what you don't like about it first), that might work better.
He won. Period.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:49 pm

my paypal is .
Thanks!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:40 pm Im now going to take my muscle relaxers and see about just chilling the rest of the day. drink my Cheerwine.
I certainly understand and appreciate your inclination here, considering the stressful nature of your ordeal. But you are facing a fairly dire situation, so time is of the essence. As Smoove aptly observed in the Random Randomness thread:
Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:51 pm I gave him a link to a federal loan program, but yours might be better. The problem with all of this is that none of it is fast. I don't know of a quick way to resolve this and I can't think of a single situation I've been involved in where the property owner doesn't have water for an extended period of time where it ends well.
I have no doubt that your local branch of Habitat for Humanity and your local HUD (Housing & Urban Development) office should be able steer you towards some practical resources and assistance given your situation. But realistically, you do not have the luxury of "just chilling the rest of the day" if you are serious about resolving your dilemma in a timely manner. Because it will inevitably take time and perseverance on your part just to navigate the necessary red tape and bureaucracy to avail yourself of the help and resources that are available to you. If nothing else, at least try phoning your local branch of Habitat for Humanity and specifically asking about their program for critical home repair services, and do the same in terms of phoning your local HUD office. Get the ball rolling ASAP, because Smoove is likely correct, that what help is available to you will likely not be fast in arriving.
Last edited by Anonymous Bosch on Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:35 pm Bea was a thong lady, not a boxer lady.

I don't use paypal. If you post the gofundme link (just edit out what you don't like about it first), that might work better.
Theres nothing I dont like about it. Its just embarrassing to me. Im truly begging there. Shameful.Yes pride cometh before a fall. Ill beg to a stranger but when it comes to friends I shy away. Thats not why you have a friend. Yes the other way around Id take it as nothing to me even if I couldn't help. But me asking is different. I didn't want to post here even but this is my talking it out place. My at home place. Last thing I want it to feel like Im the "oh no there he is asking for something again" guy. I doubt anyone would even think that...but it would be in my mind. I have insecurities and self doubt. I want to be comfy here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok. Between muscle relaxers and my allergy meds and some loud music Ill post that disgustingly embarrassing gofundme.

I may regret it later but eh. One life at a time.

https://gofund.me/b5df8d3f

Strange how the brain works and something that is horrible one moment is nothing with a little science and pharmacology thrown at it.

Also Im still-still sure it sounded better in my head the way I thought it. You dont read it in the same head voice as me :)
Last edited by Daehawk on Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

You don’t have to answer me, but what is left on your mortgage ?

Never mind, is see it’s about 13-15k
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:42 pm You don’t have to answer me, but what is left on your mortgage ?

Never mind, is see it’s about 13-15k
How do you know this?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:53 pm
Unagi wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:42 pm You don’t have to answer me, but what is left on your mortgage ?

Never mind, I see it’s about 13-15k
How do you know this?
I read your GFM and did the math. :)
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

i'm sure a number of us would be willing to front you the cash for the well pump and installation and you can just pay back when you get reimbursed
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Unagi wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:54 pm
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:53 pm

Never mind, I see it’s about 13-15k
How do you know this?
I read your GFM and did the math. :)

You are frighteningly smart and it scares me. Do you do lotto numbers perchance?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Update -

Ok was told today after turning in all my paperwork that I need to get a written quote from some places that include the price of the pump and the install. I was given a list of people in my area to try.

I am also signing up next month for a financial planning support group kinda thing. Supposed to help me teach myself to save and find ways to create a financial buffer for these problems. I honestly dont see how in the world they can help me as I have cut everything non essential out. Its just the mortgage left really thats killing it all. BUT its 3 hours a week for 16 weeks and they give you a $25 gift card per session and at the end of the full thing they give you $500. So heck with it whether I learn anything or not that I haven't already done..thats enough for me to go. Plus is goes in my record as I did attend and Im trying the stuff they suggest for me . That way I can get help in the future.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:41 am I am also signing up next month for a financial planning support group kinda thing. Supposed to help me teach myself to save and find ways to create a financial buffer for these problems. I honestly dont see how in the world they can help me as I have cut everything non essential out. Its just the mortgage left really thats killing it all. BUT its 3 hours a week for 16 weeks and they give you a $25 gift card per session and at the end of the full thing they give you $500. So heck with it whether I learn anything or not that I haven't already done..thats enough for me to go. Plus is goes in my record as I did attend and Im trying the stuff they suggest for me . That way I can get help in the future.
Gift card, schmift card. I'd be all over that just for the know-how. And I think I'd end up wishing I'd learned it 30 years earlier. I have a feeling it would have earned me far more than $900.

Out of curiosity, who's offering it?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
stessier

Post by stessier »

59% of Americans don't have $500 in savings to cover an emergency. That payout at the end is huge to set you up for success based on what they teach you.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm happy to hear it and I hope they can connect you with resources to help get you out from under your ridiculous mortgage.

Even still, having the skills to understand what it takes to create a cushion - even a small one - is great and the idea that they're paying you to learn about it is impressive.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:50 am
Daehawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:41 am I am also signing up next month for a financial planning support group kinda thing. Supposed to help me teach myself to save and find ways to create a financial buffer for these problems. I honestly dont see how in the world they can help me as I have cut everything non essential out. Its just the mortgage left really thats killing it all. BUT its 3 hours a week for 16 weeks and they give you a $25 gift card per session and at the end of the full thing they give you $500. So heck with it whether I learn anything or not that I haven't already done..thats enough for me to go. Plus is goes in my record as I did attend and Im trying the stuff they suggest for me . That way I can get help in the future.
Gift card, schmift card. I'd be all over that just for the know-how. And I think I'd end up wishing I'd learned it 30 years earlier. I have a feeling it would have earned me far more than $900.

Out of curiosity, who's offering it?
The Caring Place. its called Getting Ahead.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I called all the plumbers on the list. Only one answered. I left messages with the others. One other one doesn't do wells but they do install from city meter up so one is coming out today to give me an estimate on that if I go that route. Im doing this with all places. I need to know both ways. Im 100% sure the city way is more expensive but it would be more secure. The one guy that is looking into it for me and spoke with me is a well guy and he said just no one does this type any longer really. Its out dated tech. Hard to find parts or replacements.

And thats all for this week folks. Tune in next when we hear cousin Elmer exclaim "I thought we had water but Id just peed my britches!"

Thnaks for the donations and thanks for spreading the word! I appreciate it all. Im very close now. So maybe next week .

Now while I wait on that guy I think Ill get a few beers in to start the weekend of trying to relax. I slept last night but not a good one. But Ill take it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:34 pm I need to know both ways. Im 100% sure the city way is more expensive but it would be more secure.
Once it is hooked up, it's probably comparable in price given that you're only one person. You're probably looking at $25-30 per month for city water, vs ~$30 per month in maintenance costs on a well over the course of a year (or, if you're just using a pump and forgetting it until it breaks rather than doing proper maintenance, about $20/month.)

Yes, if you get a well paid for by donation/support, it's free water, but the pump needs to be maintained or replaced from time to time, and the water needs to be tested regularly, etc. In the next six months you'd save money with a well. In the next ten years, you'd just about break even.

But at the same time, you get the peace of mind of not having to worry about a $2000 'surprise' every few years. And consider that the next time it breaks down, you'll be older and perhaps even less able to deal with it.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Also, city water and sewer improve the value of your house, if that's a consideration.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm Also, city water and sewer improve the value of your house, if that's a consideration.
Ya all I need is more taxes and home insurance :P
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think it’s important to shoot for that city hookup.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm Also, city water and sewer improve the value of your house, if that's a consideration.
It might help with a refi too.

That class sounds awesome, maybe you can carpool with someone else who's attending.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:39 pm I think it’s important to shoot for that city hookup.
This is where that federal 1% loan can come in. Right now he needs a fix to get water back, but it's going to happen again. Could be next month, could be next year but it's going to happen again. The loan would allow for an upgrade and potentially for other projects - roof, electrical work, heating, etc...

Ideally someone at this meeting can get him connected with a group or person that can come up with a plan because right now Daehawk your entire existence is measured as time between crisis. It doesn't have to be that way.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok one guy just left.. He kept apologizing for the prices. Said it was the world now and their company and America.

Anyways he said if once City came out and put a meter in for $1065.00 then it would cost another $5500 to run it 75' to my house and connect it.

Excuse me while I chug a beer and flow through this weekend.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Put that Go Fund Me link in your signature, man. If you post it, they will come. No need to feel ashamed. People care. If they can't afford it, they won't donate. If we can raise money to pay for hosting each year we can help you get a water thingymadoodle. (Or if you're waiting until after you find out about a grant/loan, I get it.)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Sudy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:52 pm Put that Go Fund Me link in your signature, man. If you post it, they will come. No need to feel ashamed. People care. If they can't afford it, they won't donate. If we can raise money to pay for hosting each year we can help you get a water thingymadoodle. (Or if you're waiting until after you find out about a grant/loan, I get it.)
Done.

If a good breeze picks up I can pee into the wind.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:34 pm I called all the plumbers on the list. Only one answered. I left messages with the others. One other one doesn't do wells but they do install from city meter up so one is coming out today to give me an estimate on that if I go that route. Im doing this with all places. I need to know both ways. Im 100% sure the city way is more expensive but it would be more secure. The one guy that is looking into it for me and spoke with me is a well guy and he said just no one does this type any longer really. Its out dated tech. Hard to find parts or replacements.

And thats all for this week folks. Tune in next when we hear cousin Elmer exclaim "I thought we had water but Id just peed my britches!"

Thnaks for the donations and thanks for spreading the word! I appreciate it all. Im very close now. So maybe next week .

Now while I wait on that guy I think Ill get a few beers in to start the weekend of trying to relax. I slept last night but not a good one. But Ill take it.
If contractors are busy where you are like they are here it may be tough getting multiple quotes. If you have an insurance agent or know anyone in property management you might ask them for names.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:49 pm Ok one guy just left.. He kept apologizing for the prices. Said it was the world now and their company and America.

Anyways he said if once City came out and put a meter in for $1065.00 then it would cost another $5500 to run it 75' to my house and connect it.

Excuse me while I chug a beer and flow through this weekend.
I think we dug the Panama Canal for less than that. :doh:

If you do get city water maybe they can hook you up to city sewer with the same dig, but I think it's usually sewer connection to one side of the property and water connection to the other side. In for a penny in for a pound. They probably have to put one of those fancy expensive no back flow dohickies on the water too. :think:

I'm not even sure you want peoplle looking at your septic because they might force you to clean it up or fix it.
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya it seems me least expensive way is to just replace the pump at this point. Still Trying. Theres stuff to do with it too it seems. Guy mentioned stuff down in the well pipe and such, Sigh.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Fuck fuck fuck a duck! GoFundMe I hate you. I tried to transfer the $155 in the gfm to my bank so I could get water back maybe Monday or Tuesday. I cant wait much longer on it. But It wouldn't accept my banks secret question answer. Oh joy. I go there to fill in the answers cause it seems I never did. Ok all good. NO! Bank has now locked my account. Its Sunday. No one is working.

I am not a happy person. And Im dehydrated.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Most banks with an online presence (which would probably be all of them in this day and age) should have a 24x7 web help service for situations like this.
He won. Period.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:07 pm I am not a happy person. And Im dehydrated.
When you call the bank, do NOT get angry. At all. Bad things can happen.