No water....NOPE! ...no water AGAIN!...yes again

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: No water

Post by Daehawk »

Ok update for Monday July 18th 2022. I really was hoping Id get water today or tomorrow. But as I edge closer the goalposts keep moving. Its hard to pin them down.

Got my bank sorted out. The lady was fast and friendly.

GoFundMe shows $155 in there but only $74 available to transfer to bank. Says something like $76 is processing still. Whatever that means.

If I get all transferred Im looking at having around $925 total to use.

The guy that is a well place and said they could probably find me a cheaper pump didn't. As usual. I see Flotech, Sta-Rite, and Pentair online for pumps. He quoted me a Myers for $900+ . With install cost the total is $1500 and that is if it doesn't need a venturi replaced whatever the hell that is. Thats another $850.

I dont get it. Plumbers say they are $100- $150 and hour labor but Im not sure they install these. Well people charge more and I dont know why. Just unhook old shove in new. 30 min Id charge $100.

Im awaiting the local pump place to call me on their best pump prices. Which will then take days to ship to them. THEN I have to find a place to install the damn thing. I wonder if a pool place could hook it up??

GOOD LORD IM READY TO RUN OFF A CLIFF.

Anyone know any generous millionaires who would toss a cool mill my way? I could help a lot of people then. :horse:
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And plz share the link to the gofundme and even my paypal if you would. I dont care. And every bit helps. No one sees it really. Dont know anyone.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just wrote my local news. They help people with stuff like this. It was a last resort but f it im at my ends here. I wrote them. Shall see what they say. I dont like bothering anyone. Id try to dig a canel rather than call a dredge company. But its been long enough that Im a little pushy now :)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Can you get a part time job somewhere to help with this unexpected expense? It may also help with your depression. I don't know the full story of your life though, so I don't know if that's a possibility.
He won. Period.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Mental and physical prohibit work with others even if my back was pristine. Authority and me and people dont mix. I haven't had any job since 1987 and no GED.

Me enrolling in this group thing is a miracle.

I haven't ruled out plasma selling yet. id just like to get water access now then do everything else instead of be dirty stinky cranky and rotten trying to do anything else. Plus I can sell stuff still. Got more incentive now but it still will take time.

May go to the gym tomorrow and sign up. But that will be money out of my donations. I wont have any money until Aug 3.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Maybe you could temporarily get water delivered until you solve the problem? https://www.readyrefresh.com/en/ is this in your area? It's got a coupon for first time order. Or maybe you know one in your area?
Stop funding for NPR
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

em2nought wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:40 pm Maybe you could temporarily get water delivered until you solve the problem? https://www.readyrefresh.com/en/ is this in your area? It's got a coupon for first time order. Or maybe you know one in your area?
The popup when that page loads says ..
We're sorry!

We are no longer accepting new customers
in this service area.

But no worries, you can purchase directly from these fine merchants:
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

https://www.google.com/search?q=clevela ... .2246682]]

Here are some others, some with coupons
Stop funding for NPR
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok this may be the final update for a while because Im out of ideas and options and none of the help places have any more ideas or options. I was so stressed I went back to bed earlier today and slept until now.

Total for donations in bank is $792. There is supposedly $155 in GFM but it is showing three numbers...that $155 as donations, $0 as balance and like $52 still processing. SO I cant seem to get any of it to my bank.

Ive tried all my ideas and all the help places stuff. There are two pending things left.

1. The pump place thats local to me. I spoke to them last week and they were supposed to look up a cheaper pump. I cant get to talk to the guy in that dept. I called this morning and he was busy so his helper told me he'd call me back he was on the phone. I waited 3 hours until noon and called back and the helper seemed peeved Id not waited but had called back. He was STILL on the phone and busy and the helper insisted I wait and he'd called me. Well its 6pm and he never called.

2. Left a msg with my local news channel. Maybe they have ideas as they do these stories all the time. Maybe they will do a story here. I dont want that but damn if I care any longer.

Thats it. No more I can do. I may need to spend a little of this to get me a gym membership so I can take a shower once a week. Also need gas for that. Over that I may have to spend some on more jug water and some frozen dinners or food I can open and microwave and some paper plates and such. You would be amazed at how much 'little' water a person uses to just wipe stuff off or wash a pot or heat some food. Its a lot more than you think. If I simply cook an egg I have to wash that cookware. If I boil some eggs I have to rinse the shells off them. It takes a half gal just to do these things. So money will trickle and bleed out as time goes on.

I can throw another $100 - $150 into the pot every month...IF IM VERY LUCKY. This bars ANY stuff I usually get to stay sane. I still have to buy gas and pay my garbage man and get paper towels and all that stuff.

I may be MONTHS without water yet to my home in any way. I may be naive to think $900 or there bouts would get me a new pump installed but geez.

EDIT: For drinking water or cooking water I can buy that. For baths I can get a gym membership. But for flushing the stinky toilet once a day Ill have to drag it up from the well if theres any I can reach or get it in buckets I really cant carry from my neighbors hose. That leaves out bathing my dog or anything outside these options or emergency water needs. No more watering my tomato plant at night so I can have a fresh tomato even. Or mopping the floor if I spill anything or really washing my hands unless its an emergency.

EDIT2: Save that $100 - $150 is iffy too as my power bill help just all ran out and its the middle of summer. I have to play my full bill again and it wont go down until fall and spring. Plus I wasn't paying my house ins. It was paid up for a month. I had to make a double payment THIS month to renew it and I owe a normal bill next month again.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Omg do not put that money toward a gym membership.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

How else am I going to take a shower? Planet Fitness would run me $10 down and $10 month.

Clothes washings! Thats another expense to add to the list. No longer can simply toss clothes in my washer to get clean. Will have to go to a laundrymat now. I cant even peel me a tomato becaise Id have to wash my hands, wash the tomato peel it then wash my hands again and the knife. Thats over half a gal there poured from a jug of nice fresh store water.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Daehawk, I'm being genuine here. I know it's your house and you're committed to being there but it's literally falling apart around you. You cannot continue to live like this without water. You also can't take the little money you have and waste it on anything other than fixing the core issue. All you'd be doing is buying time until that money runs out and then you're +2 weeks later and without water (and money) again.

Is there any way you can temporarily relocate with family until this is somehow resolved? I can't imagine your family wants you to be living like this and the house is slowly killing you - the physical issues and the financial burden. You need to get out from under this house.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:18 pm How else am I going to take a shower? Planet Fitness would run me $10 down and $10 month.
You will also be on the hook for a $40 annual fee.
Read the fine print.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

It’s hard to admit that the house is trapping you in poverty, but it is an albatross holding you down. Whatever equity you have in the place can be converted into something better.

Or you have to come up with a hustle to raise some cash beyond asking for handouts and selling plasma. Forget having problems with authority and physical problems — you need to come up with something that you CAN do. Answer emails. Make calls. Or letting someone use the property if they put in water.

Or you’re going to be basically homeless indoors.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

…while the roof holds out
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Believe me over the years Ive looked into all money making things. Nada.

As for somewhere else no. I have 1 older sister I cant move in with in another town. All other options or apartments and such and they would be twice what I pay now in mortgage and then I have to deal with loud violent thieving neighbors where I dont get shot from them arguing about something, or robbed while out to buy food then Im at risk of being burned alive in the middle of the night or all my items burning down because they wanted to cook up some meth in their oven.

I have looked over YEARS. Me and my wife looked over years. Owning this pos home is the only and best option in my life. Lucky for me Im getting older and towards the end sooner all the time.

I could write and ask Angelina Jolie to adopt me but I dont think her or Madonna are into that stuff any more. Dont worry Im not going to wast the donations. Its to only skrimp by until I can get water...which I may still get to do sooner rather than later if I can find a cheaper pump and a normal plumber to install it. Plus I am going to sell stuff, join that help group and see about the plasma. Its just going to take time.

If anyone requests their money back until then then just pm who you are and how much you sent and Ill get it back to you. Im not some idiot that just wanted some spending money.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:24 pm Daehawk, I'm being genuine here. I know it's your house and you're committed to being there but it's literally falling apart around you. You cannot continue to live like this without water. You also can't take the little money you have and waste it on anything other than fixing the core issue. All you'd be doing is buying time until that money runs out and then you're +2 weeks later and without water (and money) again.

Is there any way you can temporarily relocate with family until this is somehow resolved? I can't imagine your family wants you to be living like this and the house is slowly killing you - the physical issues and the financial burden. You need to get out from under this house.
I think Smoove is absolutely correct here.

Daehawk, have you put any serious efforts towards applying for the HUD Housing Choice Voucher program? Realistically, you'd likely end up on a waiting list, but the fact that you're disabled and living in substandard housing could well place you towards the front of that list. Again, this definitely would NOT be a rapid solution to your woes, but it could certainly provide you with a better quality of life, and a long-term solution to the issues Smoove aptly emphasizes above.

hud.gov wrote:What are housing choice vouchers?
The housing choice voucher program is the federal government's major program for assisting very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market. Since housing assistance is provided on behalf of the family or individual, participants are able to find their own housing, including single-family homes, townhouses and apartments.

The participant is free to choose any housing that meets the requirements of the program and is not limited to units located in subsidized housing projects.

Housing choice vouchers are administered locally by public housing agencies (PHAs). The PHAs receive federal funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to administer the voucher program.

A family that is issued a housing voucher is responsible for finding a suitable housing unit of the family's choice where the owner agrees to rent under the program. This unit may include the family's present residence. Rental units must meet minimum standards of health and safety, as determined by the PHA.

A housing subsidy is paid to the landlord directly by the PHA on behalf of the participating family. The family then pays the difference between the actual rent charged by the landlord and the amount subsidized by the program. Under certain circumstances, if authorized by the PHA, a family may use its voucher to purchase a modest home.

Am I eligible?
Eligibility for a housing voucher is determined by the PHA based on the total annual gross income and family size and is limited to US citizens and specified categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status. In general, the family's income may not exceed 50% of the median income for the county or metropolitan area in which the family chooses to live. By law, a PHA must provide 75 percent of its voucher to applicants whose incomes do not exceed 30 percent of the area median income. Median income levels are published by HUD and vary by location. The PHA serving your community can provide you with the income limits for your area and family size.

During the application process, the PHA will collect information on family income, assets, and family composition. The PHA will verify this information with other local agencies, your employer and bank, and will use the information to determine program eligibility and the amount of the housing assistance payment.

If the PHA determines that your family is eligible, the PHA will put your name on a waiting list, unless it is able to assist you immediately. Once your name is reached on the waiting list, the PHA will contact you and issue to you a housing voucher.

How do I apply?
If you are interested in applying for a voucher, contact the local PHA. For further assistance, please contact the HUD Office nearest to you.

Local preferences and waiting list - what are they and how do they affect me?
Since the demand for housing assistance often exceeds the limited resources available to HUD and the local housing agencies, long waiting periods are common. In fact, a PHA may close its waiting list when it has more families on the list than can be assisted in the near future.

PHAs may establish local preferences for selecting applicants from its waiting list. For example, PHAs may give a preference to a family who is (1) homeless or living in substandard housing, (2) paying more than 50% of its income for rent, or (3) involuntarily displaced. Families who qualify for any such local preferences move ahead of other families on the list who do not qualify for any preference. Each PHA has the discretion to establish local preferences to reflect the housing needs and priorities of its particular community.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've had HUD vouchers a couple of times in my life, and it's likely that there are also low-income housing options. Reporting that you are living without water may seriously expedite it for you. And in the end, it could get you out of debt and into a much more comfortable place to live. At the same time, it could reduce your expenses, put you closer to town (less gas), get you out from under your debts, and even get rid of hassles like lawnmower blades and chainsaws. Again, consider that things that give you trouble now may be impossible in a few years, and could result in you seriously suffering when you have fewer options than you do today.

Thinking of today's solution is easy. Consider that it won't be that long long before you're in your mid-60s and the pump gives out again at the same time that the roof starts having major problems. At that point, you simply won't have the tools to handle it. So handle it now. I know it isn't easy to consider giving up what you've got, but what you have really isn't working anymore.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok Im going to post this one more time. You guys for the most point are not in my situation and dont live my life. Ive posted this each time because you post the same things. Either you dont read my posts on this or you are just ignoring me. Perhaps Im not clear. God knows I dont type out well what my mind is thinking sometimes.

And Im not typing this in rant form. Im not mad. Yet. Im flustered and grumpy right now as you'd be. Not mad. Im taking this as you guys genuinely speaking from the heart and trying to be helpful. Because thats what Ive asked for. But I will say all this again and more.

I dont want another home house apartment car or brothel. I love my home. This home. This house. Ive lived here for over 33 years. I like it and where its at. Usually Im happy with it. Im am not in debt other than my mortgage and I will be OUT of it in about 2 years. I dont have any other debt. NONE. I bet a lot of you have more than me. Nothing I wouldn't have anywhere else. I have TWO and only two things that can give me emergency problems. The car and the water. One of those you can see Im suffering with right now. These I cannot simply fix easily or quickly. Everything else..everything is not a concern.

House burn..insurance. Tree crushes roof...insurance. Fridge or stove dies I can rent to own as I / we have always done. Mower breaks I can let the yard go or replace it easier. Yes easier not easy but easier and faster. I AM NOT IN DEBT except the mortgage ..2 years. Im making the payments. Do I bitch and moan about it. Sometimes. I earned that right. And yes I will do until its over. This is my home. Im lucky I have a roof over my head. Lots dont or have less. I dont have water running right now. Again I am working on it, looking for ideas and help, and getting through. Its taking time.

Some on here I can bet earn in a day more than I live on in a month. I really really dont think anyone but DBT and BH have it anywhere near that I have and can sorta get that. I refuse to move and have all the same problems other than a mortgage in a worse area around worse people and with less space. This is my home and I will fight for it. I will more than likely die here one day. I love it.

I appreciate ideas on the water. I have loved and appreciated the donations. But plz stop telling me to move . It changes almost nothing and makes so much more worse than it is. Any of you lock your keys in your home and walk away with no money and nothing for a month. Try it for a week. Depend on others if you can. See if you're actually happier. Heck simply lock up your car in your garage and throw away the key. Make do a week. Ask for ideas or a little help for bus fare or a cheap replacement. Then have people simply tell you to go steal one or get a bike. See if you smile.

I have 1 older elderly sister. She lives in another county in another town. She cannot support me or take me in. I dont even need or want that.

I have one real life friend Ive known for 25 or 27 years. He lives in another town and county. I have seen him ONCE in 6 years. That was this year actually. I speak to him on the phone maybe 2 times in a year. I email him maybe 10 times in a year.

I cannot get help from them. OO is what I consider my friends and family. You know more about me than my own sister. My wife was a very private person. She would not tell anyone she had no food for Thanksgiving or for days. I couldn't say anything or go around that. Did you ever see me post here about her or our lives? Much or deeply? I am not that way. I may be embarrassed but Ill tell everything other than my bank accounts. So yes I get on here and post everything. Mostly to vent to my friends. Sometimes for ideas I would never think of. Sometimes asking..or begging..for some help. Sometimes I have a small thought that you think Im not living or Im not surviving or Im being untruthful or perhaps Im not trying to help myself or Ive not tried everything I can or thought of anything myself.

Believe me Ive done and handled more in these last 3 years than my entire life before this. Me and my little wife did it together too. Only coming here when our water busted last time. Im not dumb. Im not stupid in the least. Im not the smartest guy either though. Far from the wealthiest. But I do try. And I do succeed a lot. I dont post every victory here or even every fail. But this and the car are the only 2 I cant fix easy or fast. So yes I have 2 things that I cant simply overcome. It does not mean I want to quit or give up my home or move or anything. I love my home. Its a water problem. Not the end of the world. I have a life . I dont need crap housing in a crap area with unknown people around me because I cant flush my toilet or wash my ass or the clothes on it easily. I can still do all that in some form. I can and will get this water problem solved. Now plz lets not mention the car any more ..it listens just like everything else Im sure. :)

And plz dont take this as a rant or Im being mean or singling anyone out. Im not. Im not mad. But I dont need the same given and rebuked answers to this stuff. Plz. But thanks for trying. Just take to heart what Im saying too.

EDIT: Now tomorrow I will go by and turn my paperwork in to join that support group. Something I loathe but will do. I will also go by Walmart and spend the teeniest tiny little bit of my donated funds to get some more jug water at $1 a gal..just a couple....and then go by and join Planet Fitness so I may have showers until I can get my water up and running. I do NOT plan to stay. This was actually suggested to me to do. It is $1 to join and $10 more a month. In 8 weeks a $39 charge will be paid to cover the year fees. IF I go before then and cancel then I dont even have to pay that. I may also go to the laundrymat to wash my dirty clothes it was time to wash and my towels. I only have a few towels and usually wash them weekly here. I am NOT blowing the donation money in any way shape or form. This is needs associated with the water being fixed. If ANYONE that donated feels I am misusing or abusing the funds or the spirit in which you donated I will HAPPILY refund your donation in full and thank you for your thoughts.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

I take empty 1 gallon jugs to my Walmart and get the Primo water for 29 cents a gallon that you fill up yourself. You should see if your Walmart has that.

That managing your money class that you're going to go to, which sounds like a great idea, you should ask them what they think of those "rent to own" places.
Stop funding for NPR
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

em2nought wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 12:15 am I take empty 1 gallon jugs to my Walmart and get the Primo water for 29 cents a gallon that you fill up yourself. You should see if your Walmart has that.

That managing your money class that you're going to go to, which sounds like a great idea, you should ask them what they think of those "rent to own" places.
Oh believe me I know all about them. But they do work. My current fridge and washer are from them many years ago.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

You gotta do you. And we gotta tell you you're doing it wrong, because this is the internet. :wink:

Objectively, you need to make some fundamental changes, with housing at the top of the list. Your assumption that any move you could make would be a step down from your house is just plain wrong. I mean, running water is just something nobody else worries about. Subjectively, you're committed to making what you have work and you aren't interested in alternatives. That frustrates those of us inclined to objectivity. But I for one will try to color within your lines.

I sold blood plasma when I was a starving college student. They paid $5 for the first donation in a week and $6 for the second, and that $11 a week was my grocery budget. 'Course, things were cheaper in 1978. :lol: My favorite restaurant had a burrito and a beer for $1 on weeknights so I'd splurge a buck of my plasma money on that each week.

I guess what I'm getting at is that if you won't change your living situation, you need more income. I'm going to suggest that you reexamine your attitude toward work. Over the years we've occasionally posted work-at-home gigs that don't pay much, but don't require a lot of effort either, and even a small income would improve your life considerably. You already spend many hours a day staring at a computer screen. There are ways to monetize that by staring at tedious shit you don't care about. If we can find gig work like that, are you open to doing it? You always waved it off in the past so I've stopped trying.

Or you can sell plasma, but at your age and fitness level I'm not going to recommend that as a career path. :(
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Kraken wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 am They paid $5 for the first donation in a week and $6 for the second....
Why was the second donation worth more? Is the resulting production of fresh plasma better or something?

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

At the turn of the century locally they were giving $20. $25 if you got a tetanus shot.
This helped our bingo obsession.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sudy wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:36 am
Kraken wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:04 am They paid $5 for the first donation in a week and $6 for the second....
Why was the second donation worth more? Is the resulting production of fresh plasma better or something?
Convincing me to bleed twice in one week cost them an extra buck.
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

I had friends in the 80s (+/-) who did plasma and got $20 for it.

I got no recommendations, you gotta do what you gotta do until is doesn’t work anymore. If you don’t want to leave the house, and I can understand that, then you start from there.

But once this gets worked out, and I hope it does, start hitting the local and state agencies to see what you might qualify for. Maybe you have done that, but it doesn’t hurt to find outlets before you need them.

Best of luck.
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Can you get a long hose to a neighbor's house? Can you shower at a neighbor's?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Go to your local homeless shelter for your bathing needs rather than getting a gym membership.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The places I see that buy plasma around here advertise $50+ per visit, with huge signing bonuses. If you qualify, you could make a lot more that way than trying to sell old junk you have laying around.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'd like to point out that donating plasma while you're chronically dehydrated isn't going to work out.

I don't think anyone here believes you're squandering money - you're trying to survive. What (I think) we're pointing out is that your existence is unsustainable. It's not about how little debt you have, its about your lack of income (which spirals out into a lack of financial cushion to deal with being a home owner).

I genuinely don't know how you're surviving, quite frankly - especially with whatever predatory mortgage loan scenario that's been arranged. What happens if your car breaks down? What happens when the clothes washer breaks? I worry about you, my dude.

Regardless, I hope that the financial class helps (it really does sound great), but I genuinely don't know how to help (immediate) with this crisis or whatever is going to happen next. I'm sorry to hear you can't rely on someone more local - your sister or your friend that's nearby.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Tue Jul 19, 2022 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:51 am I'd like to point out that donating plasma why you're chronically dehydrated isn't going to work out.

I don't think anyone here believes you're squandering money - you're trying to survive. What (I think) we're pointing out is that your existence is unsustainable. It's not about how little debt you have, its about your lack of income (which spirals out into a lack of financial cushion to deal with being a home owner).

I genuinely don't know how you're surviving, quite frankly - especially with whatever predatory mortgage loan scenario that's been arranged. What happens if your car breaks down? What happens when the clothes washer breaks? I worry about you, my dude.

Regardless, I hope that the financial class helps (it really does sound great), but I genuinely don't know how to help (immediate) with this crisis or whatever is going to happen next. I'm sorry to hear you can't rely on someone more local - your sister or your friend that's nearby.
Yeah, this. I hope I didn't come off as preachy before, but when your expenses are at rock bottom and you're still not making it, you have to improve the income side.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Plasma here from research and word of mouth can net you $500 - $800 for a first month of 8 visits total. I tend to not totally believe that and have meant to go by there but had been ok till now.

Water prob is temp. Other stuff like car and fridge I posted above.

I will be selling stuff soon. Have already sold some stuff.

This is for 2 years more then half my check is freed up for stuff and savings. I dont live on much. Nothing has changed since my wife died other than she is now gone. I actually have improved in some areas as all doctor related stuff is free. I know its hard for 2 more years but it was 5 more after my wife died. Ill be honest I still live the same as I was 10 years before this. Im used to it. These next 2 years of mortgage are becoming harder as time goes. The last 10 years passed in a blink and I figured these 5 would. To most extent they have. Its not forever.
Anonymous Bosch

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:51 am I'd like to point out that donating plasma why you're chronically dehydrated isn't going to work out.

Amen.
Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:27 pm I refuse to move and have all the same problems other than a mortgage in a worse area around worse people and with less space. This is my home and I will fight for it. I will more than likely die here one day. I love it.
Fair enough, you refuse to avail yourself of the assistance that is available to change your living situation, and you refuse to "work with others" to earn any additional income while inflation is costing American households hundreds of extra dollars per month… so you need to ask yourself what, exactly, you are willing to do to improve your lot in life? Because while the world is sadly full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its not I refuse to work with others its due to disabiliting mental conditions that are part of my disablity and I will not go into that private matter. Working with others is out. Im not sure how to be clearer. If someone was on disability due to not being able to walk then telling them to simply get up and walk you are not willing to try is not very kind.

I was not able to accomplish all I had in line today due to storms and heavy rain. I did get to turn in my paperwork at the claring place for that social program to be trained in money ways. I did get some better news while there. There was a 2nd social worker and I got new info and a 2nd set of info. They absolutely cannot pay for the pump. But they think they really can pay for the labor of installing it. I have enough for one or the other so if they can really pay labor Im set. They are looking into it. If its not a pay then they repay then Im good.

Im not sure I should continue posting what I buy to help my situation . its not really pertinent but it is part if geting by this problem and I was donated money so Ive felt it kind to post this stuff.

I bought 4 gal of clean water for $4. I bought a paid of rubber shower shoes for the gym shower for I think $7. And finally I washed my clothes at the laundry for $1.25.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm in the camp that fully understands that you're on a fixed (disability-based) income and that working isn't an option. That is why I keep saying your current path is unsustainable and has been for quite some time now. With no reliable ability to increase money coming in, you're constantly at the mercy of fluctuations related to the pressures of being a home owner. Plus owning a car. Plus needing to eat. Plus being a pet owner. These are not unreasonable needs; you're likely no different than anyone else here in that respect. But if you're only ever going to get [X] and your mortgage expenses are automatically taking 50% (60% 70%?) of that fixed amount with no ability to cushion monthly variations or address longer-term maintenance issues, this is going to be your existence. All I'm saying (and what I think others are trying to encourage) is that it doesn't need to be this way.

EDIT: What could make sense is if you could some how sell off a whole bunch of stuff at once. Like thousands of dollars worth of stuff ASAP. But I don't get the sense that's an option. Maybe it is and I'm just not clear. That money would be put towards (1) getting your water fixed and then (2) paying down the mortgage (assuming there isn't a penalty for that).

I am really good with personal budgets. Sometimes just breaking it all down is extremely helpful - to see exactly what's coming in vs what's going out and how long it's going to take to realistically start getting ahead. I'd be more than happy to help if you wan to PM me anything.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:03 pm I was not able to accomplish all I had in line today due to storms and heavy rain.
Did you at least put out a bucket?
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Anonymous Bosch

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:03 pm Its not I refuse to work with others its due to disabiliting mental conditions that are part of my disablity and I will not go into that private matter. Working with others is out. Im not sure how to be clearer. If someone was on disability due to not being able to walk then telling them to simply get up and walk you are not willing to try is not very kind.
No one here is telling you to do any such thing. I reiterated the facts as you have expressed them, which you have again confirmed. But you still have to deal with reality, and put serious thought and consideration towards what you are willing to do to improve your lot in life. Believe me, I am not unsympathetic to your predicament. But with inflation soaring as you struggle to survive on nothing but a disability-based fixed income without any potable water, significant changes are almost certain to be forced upon you one way or t'other.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I think that if I were sans water, I would buy a couple of five gallon jugs / dispensers and find a friendly neighbor who would let me fill them a couple of times a week, ideally from inside. But even if it were hose water (which you should not drink), it would mean that I just needed to supply drinking water (and I'd avoid boiling food and dishes as much as possible - sandwiches, for example, can be made with a zero washing up if you invest in a box of plastic knives.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What ya think happened when I was draggin up well water. yep my bucket bottom busted out. Very old $1 bucket had forever. I have 1 bucket left luckily. Its my old dog feeding bucket. Lucky I had washed it out in 2006 when I last used it. I used a little water and sanitized it with bleach and rinsed it again to be sure. Wont be drinking the water I get up but dont want to contaminate my well either. So all good. Im not sure it was so hard this time..just hot and humid. Maybe my back is stronger lols.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:39 pm I think that if I were sans water, I would buy a couple of five gallon jugs / dispensers and find a friendly neighbor who would let me fill them a couple of times a week, ideally from inside. But even if it were hose water (which you should not drink), it would mean that I just needed to supply drinking water (and I'd avoid boiling food and dishes as much as possible - sandwiches, for example, can be made with a zero washing up if you invest in a box of plastic knives.)
5 gal buckets are what Im filling with a 1gal bucket from my well. I dont drink it. Just moving them from the front yard to my bathroom is hell. I could use my neighbors hose but then Id have to drag them 4 times as for from his house .So Im doing it right.