Shadow of the Tomb Raider

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Post by Daehawk »

Ive really loved all 3 of the newest Tomb raider games but they seem to drop in enjoyment each time. Im pretty sure its just me and not the game.

Tomb Raider 10
Rise of the Tomb Raider 9
Shadow of the Tomb Raider 8

I never really liked the old original games. The graphics just didn't support them for me. I did finish one though but I cant remember which it was....Legend or Anniversary or Angel. Im thinking Legend.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Jaymann wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:19 pm I am loving the graphics and the gameplay, especially once it opens up with fast travel. I am hating the unskippable cut scenes. Apparently you can skip them on PS4, but have not seen a PC solution. My only solution is to keep a book handy. Oh, and a grief saving hint:
Spoiler:
In the Hidden City as you are completing "Takiy's Dice" quest, buy both the lockpick and the Rope Ascender from Moraekah, even if you must sell everything. I didn't and found out she moves after your first interaction. It took me hours to find her again, and had to use guide help.
I've been playing this finally and that spoiler bit me too! I'm enjoying this more than Rise thus far, but the first reboot had one of my favorite moments in gaming, and they haven't been able to recreate that gut punch feeling, but they are still fun.

Funny thing is that I watched part of the 2018 reboot movie of the reboot game, and one of the minor characters in the movie is HUGELY important in the 2nd game. I really wish they had done another movie with Alicia Vikander.
Spoiler:
And Kristen Scott Thomas as Anna from Rise of the Tomb Raider - she would have been great if they'd kept going!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I liked the Angelina Jolie movies and the Alicia Vikander one. Seems Lara has been forgotten again. I could use a new Lara or Drake game.

EDIT: I notice Ive never play Uncharted: The Lost Legacy that follows Chloe Frazer. Ive played all the other Uncharted gamed and finished them on PS4. If I can catch Lost Legacy on a sale for PC Ill nab it for sure.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"