Vanilla WW. Game over.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Vanilla WW. Day 2 or 1 depending on where your zero is.

Post by Newcastle »

lack of discussion, data points created, a wolf would have screamed "seer", etc.

/shifts eyebrows archly
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Re: Vanilla WW. Night 1.

Post by Remus West »

1. vorret - ripped open
2. bb2112 - El Guapo
3. newcastle - punisher, scoop, El Guapo
4. punisher -
5. scoop - bb2112
6. Moliere - shot open
7. Lassr - El Guapo
8. Holman - bb2112
9. El Guapo -

Majority is 4

bb2112 - 2
El Guapo - 2

Any errors I'm certain you all will point them out politely. :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 pm lack of discussion, data points created, a wolf would have screamed "seer", etc.

/shifts eyebrows archly
Actually this is something that I've been wondering for some time, since I think I've been a wolf maybe once ever. Do wolves usually / almost always scream seer in this type of situation? Yeah, claiming seer *probably* gets the seer outed, but it seems like claiming villager would be more likely to save the wolf's hide in question?

Anyway, mostly I'm curious about you pulling your vote since I'm not sure how my last post - while extremely erudite and persuasive - actually changes the balance of information that was apparently pointing my way before.
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:03 pm
Newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 pm lack of discussion, data points created, a wolf would have screamed "seer", etc.

/shifts eyebrows archly
Actually this is something that I've been wondering for some time, since I think I've been a wolf maybe once ever. Do wolves usually / almost always scream seer in this type of situation? Yeah, claiming seer *probably* gets the seer outed, but it seems like claiming villager would be more likely to save the wolf's hide in question?

Anyway, mostly I'm curious about you pulling your vote since I'm not sure how my last post - while extremely erudite and persuasive - actually changes the balance of information that was apparently pointing my way before.
I've always assumed that when they about to get killed anyway, they figure that they could maybe take down a seer with them. Or in games where the wolves have a seer, they may know that the seer is already killed so they are free and clear.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The other question is, especially given that bb2112 has 2 votes, whether I should vote for him. He's been on me since day 1, and he's wrong about that. However, bb's analytics are pretty solid, and like Unagi I'm generally reluctant to throw that away unless and until I'm pretty confident that there's a high chance of wolfiness.
Black Lives Matter.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Of all my years of being a wolf, I may have claimed seer once. In a game without a protector, a wolf claiming seer buys him one day. Claiming villager could buy him more than one day. So yea...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I’ve claimed being a Seer when I was a Seer, being a Seer when I was a wolf and being a Seer when I was just a normal villager. I usually die the next day every time. Except the one time I was just a villager. I just got lucky and guessed right that time.

Normally wolves are expected to spoof a role early in the game but Lassr is right that not claiming anything is a good play if you do not feel much heat.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Did you feel any heat El Guapo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/shifts eyebrows archly

you hung for about 12 hours or so at n-1. I find that in itself interesting, no one came in here and scooped you. No one did anything. That's interesting. Did no wolf want to vote for his partner? Did no wolf want to vote for an "innocent"? No one hemmed and hawed that I put you at n-1 also.

Its not that you were so persuasive, its more...the lackluster reaction from the crowd. That is interesting...and yeah..you didn't shout "seer" be you it or wolf...also.
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:27 pm

/shifts eyebrows archly

you hung for about 12 hours or so at n-1. I find that in itself interesting, no one came in here and scooped you. No one did anything. That's interesting. Did no wolf want to vote for his partner? Did no wolf want to vote for an "innocent"? No one hemmed and hawed that I put you at n-1 also.

Its not that you were so persuasive, its more...the lackluster reaction from the crowd. That is interesting...and yeah..you didn't shout "seer" be you it or wolf...also.
It's 12 hours on MLK Day, though, so not sure exactly what that means. Like, I wasn't online during the 12 hours in question, for example.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:25 pm Did you feel any heat El Guapo?

I mean, being at n-1 necessarily involves a certain amount of heat. Were I a special I probably would have felt more heat / pressure, but since I'm not I didn't get too worked up about the whole thing.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I noticed the two votes but without any reason for the vote it just looked like a fishing expedition and also I wanted to give El Guapo time to say his piece.

I am glad something “happened” but maybe I’m feeling guilt over offing El Guapo‘s Alt. :o)

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

withdraw El Guapo 

Can't afford too many missed in a small game. He's a laid back wolf if he is in fact a wolf.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Police have released a video capture of the suspect:

Enlarge Image
Black Lives Matter.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:27 pm

/shifts eyebrows archly

I would think that nobody scooped him because isn't the rule that at N-1 you should let the accused speak? Why would this be different? Plus as El Guapo said, it was a holiday... even if it wasn't 12 hours is not a lot of time. I sometimes take a day or more to get back on.

It almost seems a little aggressive. Maybe you are a seer who knows something? (If so, I would assume you are waiting to find the 2nd wolf?) or a wolf trying to get rid of him. (However since there are no seer wolves, it doesn't make sense to really go after anyone specific)
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm The other question is, especially given that bb2112 has 2 votes, whether I should vote for him. He's been on me since day 1, and he's wrong about that. However, bb's analytics are pretty solid, and like Unagi I'm generally reluctant to throw that away unless and until I'm pretty confident that there's a high chance of wolfiness.
Remus West wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 pm
9. El Guapo - Moliere, bb2112
Yet you voted for me on day 1.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle 

Also want to add, if the seer is alive, make your scan count tonight. Either a wolf, obviously, or someone that is going to live. Since we started with a day lynch it really puts the village behind the 8 Ball. And you have to come out quickly tomorrow if we miss today.

Black Lives Matter
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Speaking of Seers I’m top scanning candidates are the ones I’m finding the most difficult to read: Newcastle and Punisher.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

bb2112 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:27 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:17 pm The other question is, especially given that bb2112 has 2 votes, whether I should vote for him. He's been on me since day 1, and he's wrong about that. However, bb's analytics are pretty solid, and like Unagi I'm generally reluctant to throw that away unless and until I'm pretty confident that there's a high chance of wolfiness.
Remus West wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 pm
9. El Guapo - Moliere, bb2112
Yet you voted for me on day 1.
I voted for you on day 1 mostly to poke you, and then honestly for most of the rest of the (virtual) day I forgot that my vote was on you. :oops:
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I could go for  Newcastle 

as well. Without a ton to go on, his opportunistic voting on me raised my eyebrow a bit.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 am  Newcastle 

Also want to add, if the seer is alive, make your scan count tonight. Either a wolf, obviously, or someone that is going to live. Since we started with a day lynch it really puts the village behind the 8 Ball. And you have to come out quickly tomorrow if we miss today.
why me lassr?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:08 pm Speaking of Seers I’m top scanning candidates are the ones I’m finding the most difficult to read: Newcastle and Punisher.

that's a compliment, i think. That i am tough to get a read on. I think. :?
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm I could go for  Newcastle 

as well. Without a ton to go on, his opportunistic voting on me raised my eyebrow a bit.
opportunistic, but then i pulled it off. I wanted to see what would happen, and got a giant nothing burger in terms of reactions. kind of dissapointed me actually. You spoke up, i decided to pull you from the brink....dont you think a wolf would have kept the pressure on?
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:28 pm
El Guapo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:47 pm I could go for  Newcastle 

opportunistic, but then i pulled it off. I wanted to see what would happen, and got a giant nothing burger in terms of reactions. kind of dissapointed me actually. You spoke up, i decided to pull you from the brink....dont you think a wolf would have kept the pressure on?
Not necessarily. A wolf would also want to keep poking around for the seer, and also want to avoid being connected too much to a miss.

This does also suggest that you and bb2112 are not *both* wolves, because it would be crazy for a wolf Newcastle to pull his vote off me if the next highest vote-getter (bb2112) was a wolf.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Yeah I’m not reading Newcastle as a wolf and I also appreciate his efforts to stir the pot.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok. I’m convinced now we need to make this happen. First off, bb2112 was on the Moliere vote and I still feel the wolves pushed that vote. Secondly I think bb2112 tried to get in early on the El Guapo vote. Now that is not very damning because he should not have known the two votes (lassr and Newcastle) would follow his vote so quickly.

Yeah, not a convincing argument but my gut tells me he was a likely beta choice. Trust guys. I’m never wrong unless I’m wrong.

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle has been voting all over the place, but what really caught my eye was his quick vote on El Guapo and then the removal of the vote. Yes, El G was at N-1 for a little over 12 hours, but after he confessed to being a nobody (which is not proven) Newcastle removed his vote within a couple of hours which essentially killed the El G momentum.

Now I have to wonder was this a calculated move by a partner wolf to take the heat off of El G, a wolf trying to sow confusion by leaving an untested good El G out there while continuing to look for the seer, or a Newcastle good guy playing his gut but throwing team good into some minor chaos. All of which are possible with Newcastle. Because Newcastle is a chaotic player and people do not have good reads on him, he does tend to get tested early in games. The other thing I do notice is his chaotic level seems to be amped up this game, more than normal. His engagement is definitely making it seem like he has something at stake this game.

Let's put him at N-1 and see what he says.

N-1

Newcastle 

That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

1. vorret - ripped open
2. bb2112 - El Guapo, Newcastle
4. punisher -
5. scoop - bb2112
6. Moliere - shot open
7. Lassr - El Guapo, Newcastle
8. Holman - bb2112
9. El Guapo - Newcastle

Majority is 4

bb2112 - 2
Newcastle - 3

“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

et tus BB?

really? Man, i should just chill out in these games rather than participate. :D . Being a day 2 lynch is getting oh so tiresome. I never last anymore!!! :mrgreen: I need WW viagra man.

So i get penalized for trying to stir the pot and get data? Rather than simply floating way way under the radar like a holman, or punisher? Or even playing like i forgot where my vote was (like el guapo)? I mean seriously, he forgot where his vote was?

Would you want someone who is engaged and trying to fogure things out? Or someone who's not even present?

Man tough crowd.

So if i get lynched, i will come back innocent; first off. SECOND....The village will be in a DIRE spot tomorrow. LIKE doom and gloom...like OMG we should not have lynched newcastle this time. Guilt will soakk through your minds. Redemption you will seek. Joy you will have extinguished. communion you will take. darkness will seep throughout. A hero will be needed. )ok overdramartic, but cafeine kicks are fun!

You will be at your last lynch and you have to strike perfect. I much rather be there, because well i am engaged.

So suspect list:

el guapo (based on his I forgot where my vote was defense)
Punisher (laissez faire attitude still bothers me)

Not quite good enough to be bad, but worth a second look at
holman (probably good, but seriously disengaged)

Neutral
BB (i think trying to find out data poitns)
Scoop (i think he's taken a chill pill, but entertaining)

probably good
lassr (feels like ho hum lassr)
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm
why me lassr?
You were on my early watch list. Just sticking with initial gut feelings.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 pm
why me lassr?
/walks up to lassr
/passes him a tuning fork

"Your gut needs some some serious recalibration when it comes to me"

/looks at lassr
So, let me say this...i dont have much data points..and this probably wont change your mind. But I think odds are you are most likely innocent this game. You've done a few things that innocent lassr does in most games that i have noted. I'll also admit that i kidn of followed you on the el guapo vote. But i was also curious to see what would happen with el guapo. Notice how i really ahven't come after you this game? If you are a wofl, i'll liek be insanely shocked. that's how confident i am. I cant say that much for others. Its just my read on you. Again you have a few innocent tells that i am basing it on; kind of like i have unagi's short hairs when he's a bad guy. Your the ying to that yang. So please, remove your vote and reconsider carefully why you are voting for me.

true - i am engaged, true i am playing a spastic newcastle game; but have i really harmed teh village? Wouldn't a wolf newcastle have waited to scoop el guapo?
Yup i set him up, but i also pulled him back when i cold have easily waited. Yes he is on my suspect lilst, high up there actually still. But i am also trying to get as much data for the village.

So i dont know. I kind of think i am a valuable member o fthis village, because i am present and i am playing. Sorry you guys think i am actually a wolf here.
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I sure would like to see a vote count. I'm limited to tapatalk right now.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Remus West wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:03 am 1. vorret - ripped open
2. bb2112 - El Guapo, Newcastle
4. punisher -
5. scoop - bb2112
6. Moliere - shot open
7. Lassr - El Guapo, Newcastle
8. Holman - bb2112
9. El Guapo - Newcastle

Majority is 4

bb2112 - 2
Newcastle - 3

Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I apologize for being disengaged--I've started semesters on two different campuses this week, and it's a bit chaotic for me.

Newcastle's reaction to being at N-1 seems *completely* disingenuous to me, BTW. There's something just too performative about it.

I, too, have no certainty about anyone in this game, but I think Newcastle, bb2112, EL Guapo, and Lassr are my main suspects. A lot of that is based on the fact that the Alpha chose his mate.

I'm willing to put a final vote on Newcastle if people agree with me that he's acting suspicious even at N-1.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Newcastle wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:35 pm
Lassr wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:11 pm
why me lassr?
/walks up to lassr
/passes him a tuning fork

"Your gut needs some some serious recalibration when it comes to me"

/looks at lassr
So, let me say this...i dont have much data points..and this probably wont change your mind. But I think odds are you are most likely innocent this game. You've done a few things that innocent lassr does in most games that i have noted. I'll also admit that i kidn of followed you on the el guapo vote. But i was also curious to see what would happen with el guapo. Notice how i really ahven't come after you this game? If you are a wofl, i'll liek be insanely shocked. that's how confident i am. I cant say that much for others. Its just my read on you. Again you have a few innocent tells that i am basing it on; kind of like i have unagi's short hairs when he's a bad guy. Your the ying to that yang. So please, remove your vote and reconsider carefully why you are voting for me.

true - i am engaged, true i am playing a spastic newcastle game; but have i really harmed teh village? Wouldn't a wolf newcastle have waited to scoop el guapo?
Yup i set him up, but i also pulled him back when i cold have easily waited. Yes he is on my suspect lilst, high up there actually still. But i am also trying to get as much data for the village.

So i dont know. I kind of think i am a valuable member o fthis village, because i am present and i am playing. Sorry you guys think i am actually a wolf here.
Regarding the bold part... Not if you are both wolves....
About my "laissez faire attitude".. Thats just how I play. thats the way I've played since game 1. I generally take more of a lurker role unless I have something to say.. I leave the riling up to other people.. You usually realize how peoples patterns work so I'm surprised about this.
But if you think I should be more engaged or something, then maybe I should try...
 NewCastle 

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

:shock:

So, Newcastle, IF you are indeed not a wolf...would you mind confirming that you are / are not the seer? Real quick? And if yes, what your scan was?

If you are a wolf, though, don't sweat it.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I'm the seer

lassr is innocent

good night and good luck
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Well, that's unfortunate.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Oh G dammit!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

punisher, el guapo
top 2

second tier
scoop and BB
Bayraktar!!!!