Shootings

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: Shootings

Post by YellowKing »

Most of them children, but who cares because they were already born.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ABC News
One person has died and at least 21 others were injured by gunfire in a shooting in Kansas City, Missouri, following the parade and rally for the Chiefs' Super Bowl win, officials said Wednesday.

Three suspects have been detained for investigation, Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves said at a media briefing Wednesday, calling the shooting a "tragedy."

Gunshot victims were transported to several hospitals in the area, including eight with "immediately" life-threatening injuries and seven with life-threatening injuries, according to Interim Kansas City Fire Chief Ross Grundyson.

Children’s Mercy Kansas City Hospital treated 12 total patients from the rally, including 11 children between the ages of 6 and 15, Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer Stephanie Meyer told reporters Wednesday. Nine of the patients were gunshot victims and three were being treated for "incidental injuries," she said. All are expected to make a full recovery.
On Wednesday night, KKFI 90.1 FM confirmed Lisa Lopez-Galvan, a DJ at the station, had been killed in the incident.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

YellowKing wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:40 pm Most of them children, but who cares because they were already born.
Now (for the past three years) the leading cause of deaths among children and adolescents in the USA. We’re #1! We’re #1!!
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:51 am Now (for the past three years) the leading cause of deaths among children and adolescents in the USA. We’re #1! We’re #1!!
Reject government over reach! Rescind seat belt and underage smoking laws!

Shooting deaths solved.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Looks like some assholes had beef.
Shooting after Chiefs Super Bowl parade seemed to stem from dispute among several people, police say.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The mass shooting that unfolded amid throngs of people at the Kansas City Chiefs’ Super Bowl celebration, killing one person and wounding almost two dozen others, appeared to stem from a dispute between several people, authorities said Thursday.
But I hope they still pile on the federal charges.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Is comment even needed?
Missouri House votes against limits on kids carrying guns

BY SUMMER BALLENTINE

Published 6:18 PM CST, February 8, 2023
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — Missouri’s Republican-led House on Wednesday voted against banning minors from openly carrying firearms on public land without adult supervision.

The proposal to ban children from carrying guns without adult supervision in public failed by a 104-39 vote. Only one Republican voted in support of it.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

“While it may be intuitive that a 14-year-old has no legitimate purpose, it doesn’t actually mean that they’re going to harm someone. We don’t know that yet,” said Rep. Tony Lovasco, a Republican from the St. Louis suburb of O’Fallon. “Generally speaking, we don’t charge people with crimes because we think they’re going to hurt someone.”
From the above article and as Lawbeef said what else is there to say?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

“Generally speaking, we don’t charge people with crimes because we think they’re going to hurt someone.”
Unless you're a drag queen.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:39 pm
“Generally speaking, we don’t charge people with crimes because we think they’re going to hurt someone.”
:clap:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:39 pm
Well guns don't kill people... subversive books about gay penguins do.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We shouldn’t let people whose brains aren’t fully formed carry lethal weapons. You know, like teenagers and Republican lawmakers.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I chuckled.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

$iljanus wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:38 pm
“While it may be intuitive that a 14-year-old has no legitimate purpose, it doesn’t actually mean that they’re going to harm someone. We don’t know that yet,” said Rep. Tony Lovasco, a Republican from the St. Louis suburb of O’Fallon. “Generally speaking, we don’t charge people with crimes because we think they’re going to hurt someone.”
From the above article and as Lawbeef said what else is there to say?
I would like a tank. And maybe a flame-thrower. With this logic, I should be able to own and carry one around. What's the harm? Just because I'm driving a tank in a downtown metro area with live ammo loaded and ready to fire at the first person that pisses me off, doesn't mean I'm going to! Sheesh! Seems self-evident to me.

Also, I fully expect at some point our collective US government and states will start requiring people to own and carry guns. That seems to be where we are headed. We are so far through the looking glass at this point with this insanity that we are coming out the other side. Not only CAN you carry firearms in any situation at all times, you WILL, dammit! The Founders DEMAND it!!!

Insane fucking country.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:34 pm I would like a tank.
LEOPARD 1A5, PRICE UPON REQUEST
Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:34 pm And maybe a flame-thrower.
Knock yourself out.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

" There are no US Federal restrictions to owning a tank with a demilitarized (disabled) main gun."

Bah! What's the fun in that?!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

You seem like a handy sort...
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:02 pm " There are no US Federal restrictions to owning a tank with a demilitarized (disabled) main gun."

Only the main gun?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Fully agree.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I don't agree with a lot of what Mellencamp has to say lately, but he hit that one right on target. People trying to ignore the problem need to see the unfiltered, very ugly truth.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:02 pm " There are no US Federal restrictions to owning a tank with a demilitarized (disabled) main gun."

I'm sure you can just 3D print a new one.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

7 children were in home where man fatally shot 3 Burnsville first responders
Seven children, ages 2-15 years old, were inside the Burnsville home where two Burnsville police officers and a firefighter-paramedic were fatally shot Sunday morning.

None of the children were physically injured during the shocking ordeal that began in the middle of the night when a resident from inside the home on the 12600 block of 33rd Ave. S. called to report a domestic disturbance.

According to Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension Superintendent Drew Evans, called the call for help involving seven children "very troubling" and noted that officers attempted to negotiate with the subject before the man opened fire, killing two officers and the medic as well as injuring another member of the Burnsville Police Department.

The suspect, who has not been identified, also died during the encounter. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday and those results will determine whether the man took his own life or was killed by officers returning gunfire.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Good that a POS like that is out of this world but very sad at the cost of 3 responders lives. That cant continue yet gun laws and supporters think of it as nothing more than more numbers they hear. They dont care or get the lives behind the headlines.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:11 pm
Noooo he's supposed to be a real American who loves shooting things and drinking patriotic beer while sending the child face eaters to the gulag at Guantanamo Bay! Now we find out he's just like Taylor Swift! An enemy of the Trum... I mean the people!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

What?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Sarcasm.
He won. Period.
waitingtoconnect

Post by waitingtoconnect »

It’s a scary world when sarcasm can be confused with legitimate belief of some people. Because what I wrote people believe.

If sandy hook was t enough to change nothing is
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:06 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:58 pm Very important:

Infowars host Alex Jones was temporarily blocked from transferring any assets or spending money other than for ordinary living expenses by the judge overseeing the Sandy Hook defamation trial in Connecticut.

State court Judge Barbara Bellis, who oversaw the case in which a jury last month ordered Jones to pay nearly $1 billion for spreading lies about the 2012 elementary school massacre, issued the freezing order late Wednesday over concerns that he was “looting” his own estate and hiding assets through a series of shell companies owned by family members
He's been trying, and I think has succeeded temporarily, to hide assets. Will be much harder for him to do that now.
Getting even harder to avoid justice...
The judge in Alex Jones’s bankruptcy case ruled on Thursday that he will not be allowed to use his Chapter 11 filing to evade paying more than $1 billion in verdicts to families of the Sandy Hook shooting.

The ruling by Judge Christopher Lopez in a Houston bankruptcy court means that Mr. Jones, the Infowars conspiracy broadcaster, will likely be working the rest of his life to pay his debt to the families. Last year, they were awarded historic damages in defamation lawsuits against him.

It also closes off the possibility that Mr. Jones could liquidate Infowars and force the families to accept whatever proceeds result, leaving him free to start a new business.

Earlier this year, the families asked that Judge Lopez order Mr. Jones to pay them the full damage awards, with no possibility of a trial or a forced settlement over a lesser amount — in legal terms, to make Mr. Jones’s debts to the families “non-dischargeable” through bankruptcy.
No "bankruptcy" protections for you!
Liquidation time?
The families of Sandy Hook school shooting victims voted overwhelmingly in favor of a plan to wrap up Alex Jones’ bankruptcy proceedings by liquidating the right wing talk show host’s assets.

Jones’ general unsecured creditors—comprised mostly of Sandy Hook families holding about $1.5 billion in defamation judgments against the famed conspiracy theorist—voted 100% in favor of a Chapter 11 plan that would methodically liquidate and redistribute his property and cash, while preserving potential legal actions against parties affiliated with Jones and his Infowars program.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Some interesting stuff here as Baltimore tries to figure out why 84% of the homicides are gun related yet they have zero gun shops.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/04/us/balti ... index.html

"The rider was named after then-Kansas Rep. Todd Tiahrt, a Republican, who put it into the bill because “I wanted to make sure I was fulfilling the needs of my friends who are firearms dealers,” he said at the time.

“I take him at his word,” Webster said.

At the time, cities nationwide were bringing lawsuits against the gun industry after research using crime gun trace data showed 1% of licensed gun dealers sold nearly 60% of the guns used in crime and implicated “corrupt licensed gun dealers in channeling hundreds of guns to criminals,” Webster said.

"

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I seem to recall some stats about where Chicago gun crime guns are from. Not sure how they got that info but they were able to identify several stores. It's possible they were only Illinois shops because the state has its own data but I swear I remember seeing other states on there.

Will try to find it.

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:08 pm Some interesting stuff here as Baltimore tries to figure out why 84% of the homicides are gun related yet they have zero gun shops.
Chicago doesn't have gun shops either. Doesn't seem to matter.

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:28 pm I seem to recall some stats about where Chicago gun crime guns are from. Not sure how they got that info but they were able to identify several stores. It's possible they were only Illinois shops because the state has its own data but I swear I remember seeing other states on there.

Will try to find it.

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:08 pm Some interesting stuff here as Baltimore tries to figure out why 84% of the homicides are gun related yet they have zero gun shops.
This seems relevant...
crime gun trace data showed 1% of licensed gun dealers sold nearly 60% of the guns used in crime and implicated “corrupt licensed gun dealers in channeling hundreds of guns to criminals,” Webster said.
As I recall, most of the Chicago guns come from Indiana

Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:28 pm I seem to recall some stats about where Chicago gun crime guns are from. Not sure how they got that info but they were able to identify several stores. It's possible they were only Illinois shops because the state has its own data but I swear I remember seeing other states on there.

Will try to find it.

This seems relevant...
crime gun trace data showed 1% of licensed gun dealers sold nearly 60% of the guns used in crime and implicated “corrupt licensed gun dealers in channeling hundreds of guns to criminals,” Webster said.
I must emphasize that Blackhawk has never been indicted.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

But what about those unexplained scalpings?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm As I recall, most of the Chicago guns come from Indiana
Usually around 45% in Chicago are from Illinois. Indiana is the highest out-of-state source. I guess the ATF releases summary data but Baltimore wants access to the complete, raw data. I guess so they can go after specific stores?

Here's recoveries for the entire state of Illinois for 2022:
llinois 7,479
Indiana 2,521
Missouri 1,005
Wisconsin 650
Kentucky 459
Mississippi 417
Georgia 336
Tennessee 297
Texas 252
Iowa 243
Ohio 220
Alabama 202
Florida 165
Arkansas 126
Michigan 117

By City:
Chicago 8,671
Rockford 577
Springfield 537
Peoria 374
East Saint Louis 325
Joliet 291
Decatur 220
Champaign 209
Benton 197
Chicago Heights 161

Maryland:
Maryland 3,059
Virginia 1,172
Georgia 411
North Carolina 318
Pennsylvania 314
South Carolina 273
West Virginia 258
Ohio 155
Florida 145
Texas 127
Delaware 113
Alabama 98
District of Columbia 81
Tennessee 80
Kentucky 54

By City:
Baltimore 3,215
Silver Spring 323
Hyattsville 307
Frederick 305
Oxon Hill 270
Waldorf 269
Ocean City 236
Gaithersburg 233
Temple Hills 226
Hagerstown 224

List of states & territories.

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

How does Chicago have that count, without gun stores?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Gun shows?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Also, Chicago seems to have more than even Illinois itself has in the above list.

(And Baltimore to Maryland, same thing) not sure how to read the data
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Unagi wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 pm Also, Chicago seems to have more than even Illinois itself has in the above list.

If I'm reading the data right from the link, the listing of states is the source state for all guns recovered in Illinois. So of the x number of guns recovered in Illinois, 7,479 were sourced to IL, 2,521 to IN, etc.

The listing of cities is a more straightforward listing of number of recoveries per city and doesn't reflect origin of the guns.

Apples to oranges.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:22 am
Unagi wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:38 pm Also, Chicago seems to have more than even Illinois itself has in the above list.

If I'm reading the data right from the link, the listing of states is the source state for all guns recovered in Illinois. So of the x number of guns recovered in Illinois, 7,479 were sourced to IL, 2,521 to IN, etc.

The listing of cities is a more straightforward listing of number of recoveries per city and doesn't reflect origin of the guns.

Apples to oranges.
Correct. Top table is source based on ATF trace. Bottom is recoveries by city. Not all recoveries are traced. Go to the links for better views.

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymann wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:34 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm

Will try to find it.

This seems relevant...
I must emphasize that Blackhawk has never been indicted.
Well, I did work for an Indiana gun shop/distributor right out of high school...
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)