Airplay Quality Soundtracks?

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Dave Allen

Airplay Quality Soundtracks?

Post by Dave Allen »

So far I've only found two game s-tracks that are actually radio-airplay quality ---Bastion and Shatter. They're on my ipad, but I'd like to have more.
I suppose I'm kinda fussy because I'm not interested in the metal OR the orchestra stuff.
Does anyone have suggestions?
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
killbot737

Re: Airplay Quality Soundtracks?

Post by killbot737 »

Umm, what other genres are you looking for from games?

The two physical CDs of game music I have are Command and Conquer (and we all know only Mechanical Man is worth putting on a playlist) and Total Annihilation. Soule's music for the Elder Scrolls series is all classical.
There is no hug button. Sad!
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

I like folk, pop, sandstone, country, techno, electronica, dance, funk, world, and soul.
Jesus said, "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body."[Matt 10:28] God can totally destroy us.

Jesus also said, "For my Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”[John 6:40] Eternal life is conditional.

His disciple John wrote, "Whoever has the Son has eternal life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have eternal life. [1 John 5:12] Eternal life is optional.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I would think that if you're not into metal or orchestral stuff, you're pretty limited in what stand alone soundtracks you could listen to these days from games. Pretty much everything I stream on Spotify from games these days is on the orchestral side.

Though from your list of genres you like, the Mirror's Edge soundtracks might be up your alley? Mirror's Edge Catalyst in particular is a very long electronic album.
Hodor.
Unintentional Batman

Post by Unintentional Batman »

Interstate '76 has a pretty dang groovy track of sounds.
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

pr0ner wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 1:06 pm Though from your list of genres you like, the Mirror's Edge soundtracks might be up your alley? Mirror's Edge Catalyst in particular is a very long electronic album.
I gave it a listen, but it's not my cup of tea; ambient stuff that puts the "sound" in soundtrack.
Unintentional Batman wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:43 pm Interstate '76 has a pretty dang groovy track of sounds.
YES! Just what I was looking for! Thanks

I've also discovered some delightful music in Jazz Jackrabbit.

Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Found some delicious electronic music in Surgeon Simulator :wub:

Montag

Post by Montag »

You can download Fallout soundtracks. Red Alert and original Command and Conquer. Divine Divinity Original Sin. You say you don't like orchestra, but Total Annihilation soundtrack is great.
words
Montag

Post by Montag »

Oh oh Capsized. It is essentially Solar Fields - Movements.
words
Zitterbacke

Post by Zitterbacke »

Arcanum, classical, chamber, usually not my cup of tea, but this one I love.

http://benhouge.com/arcanum.html which the composers page, points you to the free download.
Gaming? Nope, I'm into Bitwig.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Montag wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm Oh oh Capsized. It is essentially Solar Fields - Movements.
i was just coming here to say this! i bought the game pretty much for the music. (and i went on to get other Solar Fields albums)
Montag

Post by Montag »

hitbyambulance wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:24 am
Montag wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm Oh oh Capsized. It is essentially Solar Fields - Movements.
i was just coming here to say this! i bought the game pretty much for the music. (and i went on to get other Solar Fields albums)
I did the same. I did enjoy the game though.
words
Dave Allen

Post by Dave Allen »

Star Control Origins is wonderful - about 2 hours of meaty, beaty electronica :wub: ...moving to ipad...