Cobra Kai

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Punisher

Re: Cobra Kai

Post by Punisher »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:58 pm You're right, different writers. But at least they're making an effort to bridge the gap between the two universes. Wondering now how they'll managed that with Cobra Kai still ongoing. Could maybe be Cobra Kai ends leading into a teaser for the movie.
I wonder if Jackie can show up in the final episode to help out.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:14 pm Yeah, I originally thought it would be a one-and-done, but somehow they managed to convince nearly everyone involved in the first 3 movies to come back in one form or another, and it's kind of taken on a life of its own.
When it girst came out I figured it was just gonna be a nostalgic money grab.
I'm very glad it turbed out to be a great show and I'm sad its ending.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Punisher wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:09 pm
Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:58 pm You're right, different writers. But at least they're making an effort to bridge the gap between the two universes. Wondering now how they'll managed that with Cobra Kai still ongoing. Could maybe be Cobra Kai ends leading into a teaser for the movie.
I wonder if Jackie can show up in the final episode to help out.
Yeah, or his character could come to warn them of an impending new threat that they decide to team up against leading up to the movie.

But realistically, I have a feeling it's going to be about a mixed martial-arts world championship event where the two meet. Previously, the show focused on the All-Valley Tournament, but it's also mentioned other tournaments in the last season, so I could perhaps imagine one of the Dojos, or both moving up to a higher-level tournament that happens to be mixed. That'd be fun to see, and it would possibly also have higher stakes.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
malchior

Post by malchior »

Netflix usually chases sugar high ratings. It must have a heck of a following to continue for 6 seasons.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

It's been a very successful and popular show. The 6th season was announced awhile back too. I know that each season has been highly anticipated.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

I think it's a pretty cheap show to run too.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Possibly. I mean, it's not like the acting talent is a bunch of A-listers. But they've done very well in returning to their characters or creating new ones in a way that feels very sincere.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Zabka has been consistently good in the show in a way that surprised me. I’m really surprised he’s not getting more work based on his performance.
He won. Period.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:56 pm The 6th season was announced awhile back too.
:geek:
If I may be pedantic for a brief moment here...

awhile is an adverb that means "for a while", and as such should modify a very. "I can wait awhile, but I need to get going."
while is a noun that means a period of time; "This is probably going to take a while, you may want to sit down."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

:ninja:
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:54 am
Rumpy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:56 pm The 6th season was announced awhile back too.

awhile is an adverb that means "for a while", and as such should modify a very. "I can wait awhile, but I need to get going."
while is a noun that means a period of time; "This is probably going to take a while, you may want to sit down."
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Grosse Pointe Blank

but I don't get it. :(

wait! I got it!
Spoiler:
the end of his poem.

My god Issy, your mind. :shock:
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:54 am

Yeah, that was quite pedantic... I'm usually better at this, but once in a while, I make a mistake. :P No need to preach to me. My Mom is a grammar nazi, and I'm generally well aware of what's proper.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, I'd appreciate it if you let your mother know about your transgression, please.

:wink: :D
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Would probably be easier to just beat myself up over it. :D
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Well, I'm sorry if I ticked you off with that. If I'm ever pedantic, I'm doing it as a casual cheap-poke from a friend, I don't mean to actually sound like a grammar nazi. I can't afford the hypocrisy that role would bring upon me.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:54 pm Well, I'm sorry if I ticked you off with that. If I'm ever pedantic, I'm doing it as a casual cheap-poke from a friend, I don't mean to actually sound like a grammar nazi. I can't afford the hypocrisy that role would bring upon me.
Nah, no worries. The timing just wasn't the greatest as I'm currently frustrated at having lost something.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:34 pm Well, I'd appreciate it if you let your mother know about your transgression, please.

He'll be fine. She loves him alot.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Unagi wrote: Grosse Pointe Blank

wait! I got it!
Spoiler:
the end of his poem.

Do you wanna do some blow?
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:58 pm
Unagi wrote: Grosse Pointe Blank

wait! I got it!
Spoiler:
the end of his poem.

Do you wanna do some blow?
:lol: I very nearly added that to my reply.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:47 pm
Unagi wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:34 pm Well, I'd appreciate it if you let your mother know about your transgression, please.

He'll be fine. She loves him alot.
In like 4th grade or something, there was a poster in one of my classrooms that had the word "alot" with a saw, sawing the "a" off the "lot" and they were almost separated...

So, that's actually one of the first pets I ever had.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm just relieved that you recognized it as intentional.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

So, according to Dark Horizons, apparently the Cobra Kai team is helping out where they can with the movie, which makes this more promising.
Dark Horizons wrote:An update from Gizmodo indicates that while the team behind Netflix’s smash hit “Cobra Kai” aren’t directly involved in the project, they have been involved in the process.

Sony Pictures Television produces “Cobra Kai” for Netflix, whilst Sony Pictures is producing the film. The site indicates the show’s creators Jon Hurwitz, Josh Heald, and Hayden Schlossberg know the film is happening and have offered assistance when asked.
Dark Horizon wrote:Rob Lieber (“Peter Rabbit”) wrote the script which follows a teenager from China now living on the U.S. east coast. They find strength and direction via martial arts and a tough but wise mentor.
https://www.darkhorizons.com/cobra-kai- ... arate-kid/
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti