Fundraising complete, next renewal is August 2022. Paypal Donation Links US dollars CDN Dollars

OO Solo Board Gamers Guild

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

YellowKing

Re: OO Solo Board Gamers Guild

Post by YellowKing »

Thanks hep, just grabbed it.
Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ Ally
baelthazar

Post by baelthazar »

Has anyone played the "Print and Play" or "Print-on-Demand" game Iron Helm? I am considering grabbing a copy, for a light "5-minutes between work meetings" type of game that I can play in rotation to things like Final Girl.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I broke out SET A WATCH tonight just to see if it grabbed me enough to want the upcoming standalone expansion. I really enjoyed it when I bought it but haven't played it in a couple of years.

Short answer? Yes!

It's really an excellent solo puzzle, and has just the right mix of luck and strategy that I love. The game's biggest flaw is an absolutely atrocious rulebook that I hope they heavily revamped in the expansion.
Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ Ally
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The expansion is great, and the rule books have been significantly improved. They still have some flaws, but at least they don’t mention rules during the turn sequence that aren’t actually covered until you get to a different section that has nothing to do with it.

The only issue I have with the game is constructing the monster deck. It takes a little more time than I’d like. But if that’s my worst complaint, I think you can tell it’s a good game.
I beat a camel to death with a monkey. Can I do that?
-Mr Bismarck

You have to whack a few rabbits before you are ready to punch a camel.
-Coopasonic