[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:27 pm [ping]
Also, Daehawk, if you're still playing:

Minerva is outside the front of the resort in a tent. She sells for gold bullion. You likely have a few lying around, given that you've been doing public events. You likely also have a crap-ton of treasury notes. If you go inside to the Whitesprings Mall crafting area, there's a gold machine that turns treasury notes into more gold. You're limited to gaining 400/day that way (so don't sell more than 40 treasury notes.)

You are very likely going to be interested in the Grocer's and Chemist's backpack mods (which reduce the weight of food and chems, respectively, by 90%.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive quit playing for now. I worked so hard on my companion quest only to get to the end and see I need 15 luck for a certain way for it to end. I want that ending so I bout a 3rd card slot and rerolled with all luck and kinda tossed my other points into anything not think I might need str to carry all I was already carrying. So I said to hell with it and dropped everything I had on me..all weps all armor all Id worked for just to see that ending for my companion. I get back there and lack 1 in INTO to GET to that luck choice...fuck me lol. I was so made I alt f4'd and deleted the game. Figure ONE day I may go back and finish that...but every piece eof my gear is gone so fighting my way back to that ending area would be hell to run past
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You dropped it all on the ground rather than putting it in your stash?
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

full stash even after ive cleaned it many many times. It was another sore point to me. They had been adding up.

With this removed Im finding it difficult to replace it with something to play and keep my attention. I thought maybe Cyberpunk finally but find myself waiting on the 2.0 patch for that one. So put it aside. Now what lol. I never did play Rebel Space Outlaw..loved the first but after 4 tries the Outlaws one never grabbed me...but it SHOULD. So theres that. But with STarfield out there both Outlaws and Everspace 2 are pushed off my radar.

Might toss Outer Worlds in and give it a real go..just installed it once before and looked around the first town. It could be patched up and a good play by now.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 1:57 pm
Yog-Sothoth wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:41 am BTW, Minerva's at the Whitesprings and sale #20 is on.
There is a lot of good stuff there, SS armor plans, SS jetpack plan, farmable dirt tiles, etc.
If you have the gold, now is a good time to spend it.
Thanks. I haven't played in about six weeks, but I jumped back on to grab the dirt tiles - I'd been wanting those.
The farmable dirt tiles are great. You can put your garden on a rooftop or in a building
or...
you can build an underground section to your camp. Basically you make a terminal (or Sympt-o-Matic), put it on a mat, then put the mat on stairs, then take the stairs and attach it to a foundation such that the stairs go undergound. Then you make another stair below it and put down a floor. Presto, when you go to the terminal you go underground.

Critters can't really hurt underground crops. Things can happen, but very very rarely.

There are YouTube videos on how to set it up. It's a bit tricky, but it gets easier with practice. All my camps have underground farms. I don't bother with walls underground because I kind of like how it looks with your camp underneath the world.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:06 pm Might toss Outer Worlds in and give it a real go..just installed it once before and looked around the first town. It could be patched up and a good play by now.
If you ever want to restart F76, let us know.

Outer Worlds isn't bad. It's similar in spirit to Fallout, but in a different universe. The universe doesn't seem quite as "alive" as say Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 once you have been through a section, but otherwise it is pretty similar. My friend didn't like it that much (though he did finish it), but I liked it.

The DLCs are good too but hardly necessary. I think the latest one upgrades the graphics, but I don't have that, and the graphics were OK anyways. I even had to turn the settings down a bit to get it to get rid of lag on my RTX 2070 Super. It didn't hurt the look but it made things just a bit more snappy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Id like to jusy buy and play Starfield. I dont want to be left behind the fun. But Im not sure how well it would run or look on my old system. What I might be missing if I played it with whatI have now rather than wait a year or more and have a good system but then try and play an out dated game.

Im kinda like in a gaming crevice. Dont have a way to move hardware forward and at the same time dont want to dumb down newer games to make them run and miss all the stuff that in them.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:44 pm What I might be missing if I played it with whatI have now rather than wait a year or more and have a good system but then try and play an out dated game.
You'd be missing lots of bugs, broken patches, and issues that'll be solved in a year. I a year, it'll be heavily patched and performance will be improved. In a year the mod tools will have been out for months, and a solid set of options will be available. As to the community - well, the community here tends to devour a game and move on so fast that unless you dedicate yourself to a game at release, you'll be left behind anyway. I had a couple of really busy weeks, and I'm already so far behind everyone else in Starfield it isn't funny, especially since I like to stop and smell the roses - I probably spent an hour just wandering around The Lodge - an early faction base - just looking at the details. That kind of thing means that I always fall behind the people who power through a game in the first three or four days.

And FWIW, Starfield doesn't run as well for me as Cyberpunk 2077 does.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:03 pmI had a couple of really busy weeks, and I'm already so far behind everyone else in Starfield it isn't funny,
Don't worry. I guarantee your further along then I am.
Don't think I've played more than an hour of Cyberpunk. At this point theres no reason not to wait for 2.1
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Guess its a waiting game for me until that CP2K77 2.0 patch hits.

Back to the TF2 trenches. Fortnite is new again too. Nothing deep right now. Im trying to play Mass Effect 3 Legend but its not grabbing me at all this time through for some reason.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:38 pm Guess its a waiting game for me until that CP2K77 2.0 patch hits.

Back to the TF2 trenches. Fortnite is new again too. Nothing deep right now. Im trying to play Mass Effect 3 Legend but its not grabbing me at all this time through for some reason.
For some reason I never played much if any of the Mass Effects. They just never clicked with me. I might still own themm all too. Maybe I'll try again but most likely some tie after cities 2.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I played the originals 3 times through and now with the legendary I can add 1 & 2 as a 4th play though...but Im not sure I can finish 3 again. It just doesn't feel right.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:08 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:03 pmI had a couple of really busy weeks, and I'm already so far behind everyone else in Starfield it isn't funny,
Based on your comments in the other thread... nope. You're ahead.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:38 pm
Interesting. I would have bet that as far as the main mission was concerned I was further back than anyone on here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not far behind you, but I am (I'm still in the lodge and need to talk to Sarah.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I was really hoping Redfall would be a great fun game and be cheap. Unfortunately its the exact opposite of that...seems to be a huge failure with a Steam rating of Mostly Negative and the price is still absurdly at $70...for shat.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive reinstalled this and am playing again. I have almost nothing...which is kinda neat. I was naked except for a suit of power armor. Had no under armor suit or armor or food / drink. No stims.

I made me a vault suit and reinforced it. Then I sold some water to the store so I could fast travel to go find some addictol to cure my -1 to some of my stats I had.

Grabbed a couple weps out of my stash. Didn't have any armor in there.

This is fun actually. I like it. Kinda like starting a bit fresh..a rebirth of my character. Ill venture out for armor and weapons and such n such again and travel down that familiar road again now :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Punisher wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:52 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:38 pm
Interesting. I would have bet that as far as the main mission was concerned I was further back than anyone on here.
Nope. Not possible. I’ve still not ‘speak to Sarah’

:)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Aww. :( Did you two have a spat?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm guessing he means that he just struck off on his own without ever actually going to Constellation and has not even met Sarah yet. :lol:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I got that. ;)

That reminds me: I thought of a good way to clarify my recommendation earlier that people follow the main quest for a bit before branching out:

Skyrim.

If someone were playing Skyrim for the first time, I'd recommend that you follow the main quest until after you talked to the Greybeards and did their quest. It is only then that you'd gain access to Shouts, and all of the benefits that brings, including learning the various words in the various dungeons to gain even more shouts. You could certainly play without shouts and and understanding of the dragon words, but you'd lose out on a major mechanic.

It's comparable to that. Not that you get dragon shouts, but that there's a core mechanic that unlocks partway in.

And with that said, I'll throw in a disclaimer: I've done exactly that. I've played Skyrim as not-Dovahkiin, never taking the shouts, never following the main quest. In other words, play however you want, and do what's fun. This is a suggestion and an FYI, not me telling anyone how to play.

(I'm aware that my suggestions, online, in game, and in real-life, sometimes come across as demands. I think it is a habit from my career - when I had one - in which I was literally giving orders all the time as part of my job. I've been working on it for years, but I'm not entirely sure where my blind spot is - one of the unpleasant aspects of autism. If I seem like I'm giving orders, please remember that I don't mean them that way.)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:27 am I'm guessing he means that he just struck off on his own without ever actually going to Constellation and has not even met Sarah yet. :lol:
No, you actually have to meet her. But after you do - she invites you to officially join up, and you can say that you need to think about it.

Your "The Old Neighborhood" Main Mission just sits at the first step: "Talk to Sarah".

(I thought it was "Speak to Sarah")

In any event, I do plan to actually start down the Main Missions soon, just because I understand that keeping it locked at this stage is actually keeping me from playing part of the game (as shared a page or two back by Blackhawk, and also impressed on me by my kid who's also playing).

Currently, I have 45 Activities completed and 77 Side Quests completed - but just 1 Main Mission (One Small Step)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:33 pm If I seem like I'm giving orders, please remember that I don't mean them that way.
Yes, sir!
:wink:

I hear ya. I come across as way more aggressive and jerky than I mean to constantly. In-person, I give smiles and eye contact that help me get along with people, and I can react in real-time to how they are taking what I'm saying, but online I often feel like I'm just being jerky and I'd be a fool to try and explain myself as I'd likely make it worse.

You are right, in that there is truly a much more optimal place to 'park the main missions'... and to park them too early actually keeps you from experiencing part of the game that's really meant to be a part of the whole game.
And yet - of course - you are also right, that if someone is just having a lot of fun while the game is still half un-opened - who really cares - since the only real goal is to enjoy it anyhow... Still, I'm happy for the advice (personally) as I'm fine to park it all in a better place, as my only real intention is to explore the game and take it all in.

For what it's worth, I like reading people's advice on how to play, and I also generally don't think they are trying to say I should/must play that way, but rather just sharing the view from their seat, as it were.

I could never play the game the same way Coop plays (for instance, and just speculation) - but I suspect I would actually love to sit in the room with him and watch him play it that way. If that makes any sense.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:16 pm I also generally don't think they are trying to say I should/must play that way, but rather just sharing the view from their seat, as it were.
Spoiler:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Also, I only now realized that this isn't the Starfield thread. Oops.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:07 pm
Unagi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:16 pm I also generally don't think they are trying to say I should/must play that way, but rather just sharing the view from their seat, as it were.
Spoiler:
Ahh hahh. You fool.. youve let us in on some of your sectets! We now know that you spend time on a site called Octopus Overlords!
One step closer to mastering your real identity!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Ah, but did you discover the two secret pigeons?
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:56 pm Ah, but did you discover the two secret pigeons?
Dammit. No. Even after you mentooned it I only saw 1. Probably how you keep in touch with yoyr gaffer tape overlords.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:32 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:56 pm Ah, but did you discover the two secret pigeons?
Dammit. No. Even after you mentooned it I only saw 1. Probably how you keep in touch with yoyr gaffer tape overlords.
On the fan.
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:15 pm
Punisher wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:32 pm
On the fan.
Took me a minute but I found it.
That's obviously your decoy pigeon so that the duct tape syndicate doesn't intercept your messages.
I'm onto you.
Side note. We need a watching you emogi.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Maybe spoilers about scorched...
Spoiler:
Im getting close to finishing the main quest I think. I just now made the upgraded detectors. Tomorrow Ill install them at Top of the World and the Mire and see what happens after that. Also I know they come from that place I wont name out south east. But I cant remember what quest line that is.
I still need to finish my companion quest line..Im at the ATHENA part. So I think once I finish these two lines I pretty much have done 76 good.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok I finished Abbie's quest line related to the scorched detectors.

Then I went and did some more for MODUS is it? The quest was I Am Become Death. And I got the plans for the x-01 power armor now I can build.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just ran the Fun & Games quest to completion. I was not ready for that big / long / tough of a quest. Thought I was just going to retrieve a little lost girl. Geez. Before it was over I had to buy repair kits from the shop to repair my broken weapons. My laser gatlin ran out of cores. Never thought Id need more than 3 on me.. I died like 5 times and thats a full run from the start back through that maze of a building each time. Then at the very end this big hunk of robot metal comes at me wizzing and spinning miniguns brrzzzzzzzzzzzz. I had ZERO stims by that point and I sure as hell wasn't leaving and I sure as hell wasn't going to make that long run back through all the building again. No sir. I got right up against him in his face....camera...and wailed on him with my 3 star legendary Oathbreaker Brotherhood Spear of fuck you up. At the end I had a little more health than he had. VICTORY! And the little girl got her wabbit back. Though I had no food to feed the poor kid.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I finally got around to finishing up Sofia's companion quest line. I boosted my stats and picked the dialog that would let Athena roam free in the assault-tron body. I think she becomes a random trader lol. Better than being immobile for decades and a slave to research. You go girl! :)

And me and Sofia will take our relationship forward from here :P. Doubt theres really anything to her now that all that is done. I was hoping she would accompany me on my adventures and travel around with me. But she is still stuck to her console finding stuff. She gave me a new quest. Guess Ill see what that is.

I put her in some Enclave officer uniform. Looks good. Not sure how to get her back in her spacesuit as that isn't a really object thing piece of armor. The way you have to fiddle with companions outfits and the stash and your inv is very weird and clumsy.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I came upon a player camp selling ammo for nothing so stocked up on the types I use. Wasn't a lot but free is nice. They also had a room with every one of those stat boosting machines to use. Dang nice. I used them all hehehehe :D Candies and drinks and such too. Halloween candy dishes are out at some player camps. You have to be wearing a costume to interact with them though. I have a clown suit for that..and hat :) Should have taken a pic.

Here some pics of my stats after....and those stats are without drug boosters. Could go even higher. And a carry potion would help lol.

Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Just ran the Monongah Mine public event. Holy hell what a party THAT was!! Wow weee. Killed old Earl Williams .Got some neat paint for my power armor.

Enlarge Image

I have never seen this event pop up before. Loved it. Nice rewards too. Got Earl's pocket watch too.Its marked as a quest ite,s too but Im not sure what its for yet.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

hahaha I just visited a player camp with a water slide. Its functional too!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Damnit to shit that Buried Treasure quest with vault 79 is buggy as hell. Ive tried two or three
times now and still trying .I aint even past the first part. Johnny is never interactable or does his job. wtf. This game has been out years now right?

fuck it i quit that one for now. try after try die after die. low ammo no stims guns that dont do any damage to whats there..argh. lots of try this and that until I find what works..and I need some damn money and stims...running in to do die spawn back at start run back down die over and over pissing me the f off good lol.

Need a break. Come back to it tomorrow and after I get ammo money and stims and repair all my stuff. geez thats a hard mission by itself but all the bugs is really a pain in the ASS.

The reward better be grand or the story play out in some cool way for this.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Wish me luck as today I go back to try and do that buggy ass super hard Buried Treasure quest. Ive repaired all my weapons, all my armor, and have over 2000 rounds for my main weapon. Im also dragging along an assortment of other weapon type to try out. Those turrets in that vault are resistant to everything so far except my legendary named 5mm gatlin gun. Ive tried hellfire rocket launcher, lasers, alien blaster, 308 machine gun, minigun and shotguns on them. I mean they are HIGHLY damage resistant. And theres a lot of them in there.

The robots seem weak to everything especially my main named gun again. Ill use it mostly..if I run low on ammo Ill reserve it for turrets only as the robots die to other means. But geebus this is one tough vault nut to crack. I love it.

I could REALLY use some pulse grenades but I dont carry nades or any type normally and have no idea where to get any.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I wish weapons that use cores for ammo would specify which type of core they use. Like I have a laser gatlin that uses fusion cores but it just says core. So Im always looking in my inv to see how many plasma cores and fusion cores I have to match the number I have with how many the weapon is currently showing it has available to it just so I can go to a vendor and buy the right damn ammo.

As an offhand note Im like level 105 now. Killed earl williams twice. This second time though I didn't get to loot him. The bastard was glitching into the ceiling and stuff as we fought him and when he died there was no corpse. And I was so hyper from all that heavy fighting I forgot to open the inv of another corpse nearby to show all corpses inv nearby. So missed out on something Im sure. Damnit. All that work. Plus you have to run out before the mine caves in. Its on a timer. Or you die. Stupid shit. I hate timers on stuff.