[Bethesda] Fallout 76

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Re: [Bethesda] Fallout 76

Post by Daehawk »

You know how when using J to see your quests you're supposed to be able to hit M and it will open the map to the location of the quest? Well that USED to work but now all it does it point to my current location. ive moved around to test it and yup always points to me.

Theres a REALLY tall monorail sectrion up on a cliff. I climbed to the top and took some pics. Heres one. I tried jumping off but half way down it would just set me back where i jumped from. Gaves me a rush..I hate heights and scary being up there and when I jump my stomach turns to butterflies.

Enlarge Image
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

In a raider hideout I found a Bloody Pecker and one limp one.

Enlarge Image
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

They should have stayed on the other side of the building, on the pecker wood.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I STILL need a good gun or two. I also wish I could mod my supersledge more but it wants me to have the card for. Im starting to resent this card stuff they put in this game.

I have a good tesla rifle thats legendary but it only fires for like 1 sec then takes forever to reload. The only other gun that seems to do ok is a minigun. I need to do Belly of the Beast....Ive been down there before un prepared. Dont wanna do that again. Wish I could get a better tesla. Out of all damage types it seems electricity works best on all stuff.

Also Ill need to restock stims. Will need about 50 prob....those are heavy too for some reason.

Lastly I need to make money haha...I found purified water to sell for a good price so I added a better water maker and a industrial one too. Shame they only make a few then no more until you take those.

Ive noticed the core rechargers behind locked doors at other places. But no one has stolen any of mine I dont see. Not sure if they cane.

EDIT: I did find a shotgun tesla. Never saw one of those before. I wish Id kept that handmade rifle I found ages ago. it was ok to me but i sold it or broke it down. I had no idea they are supposed to be so good. Seem very rare as Ive never seen another.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

Go to the Lewisburg Train station and read the Sheepsquatch poster on the wall close to the CAMP supply box. It's located in the SW part of the map, a little east of the Nuka Cola events. It will trigger a quest that eventually gives you 'The Fixer', arguably the best commando weapon in the game. It will also allow you to trigger the event 'Encryptid' which can be a rough event unless there are some OP people helping. A potential reward from that is a plan that lets you craft The Fixer. But it only will drop if you've done the pre-req quest. The bad thing about The Fixer is it burns through .45 ammo like crazy. I swap over to a Rifleman build and use a lever action for the public events with tons of mobs that usually have a lot of people(Radiation Rumble, One Violent Night, Uranium Fever, etc.). Just keep tagging mobs and let other people finish them off, then area loot when you get a chance. I can also make one for you. I think my username is Letotse. Eviction Notice is also another good one because you can also rake in 200+ legendary scrips from all the legendary mobs that spawn. Just keep an eye on the radiation scrubber because if it breaks the Rads can kill you fast if you're not in Power Armor or ready for it.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thanks. ill go do that. I did look online for handmade and found 2 places that always have one and got one. I cant mod it cause i changed all my cards. I think i kept that config saved so will recheck after i do that other stuff.
DOS=HIGH

Post by DOS=HIGH »

You can swap out cards without penalty. You just have to remember to change them back, especially if it's for something temporary like the weapon or armor repair cards. The board that lets you save builds I have set up as one with and one without power armor since that usually means a lot of changes.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok got The Fixer. Like that its silenced. Ill see if mobs really dont hear it soon. TY!

Fun quest too. I picked up the rest on that board too.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Lol I just looted a 3rd type of tesla gun....now I got my assassins tesla rifle - 63 damage...a charging tesla shotgun 22x5....and a charging tesla rifle 119 damage.

Ive been using the old assassins one..the shotgun might be nice.

Also looted a legendary chainsaw that is 50% armor pen and some extra damage if Im standing still.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Can you place teddybears you find in the world in your base and not be stolen? Ive been collecting them..found a foreign panda and a green radbear also.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Built me a lvl 50 railway rifle. Its as fun as I remember.

Shame my some stuff I have everything for to build or mod says my skill is too low. Id really like to put fire on supersledge or chrome my spiked and glassed bat. I did that that legendary chainsaw I won in a event today and mod it with a circle bar blade and flamer...its like a flaming chainsaw now. Looks cool and saws through shit like buttah.

I want to run the tunnel of love event until I gett a higher lvl Burning Love bow. I got mine when I was much lower lvl. All it can take out now is feral ghouls. I need one that can do a lot more. Saw some guy mod one with explosive tipped arrows. Ive never even seen that mod...have seen fire arrows. Wonder why no ice arrows or poison arrows and stuff? Acid maybe? I find all kinds of acid.

Game has a lot of stuff but is missing some too.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Sounds like you need to get those skill cards! After you get the mutation cards, that is. ;)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I did get max level genes and I think mutation. Not sure what to do with it. I also need to pick like 24 perks but I HATE going through all those cards...and I dont know what Im looking for anyways.

I did make two card saves...one is my ammo maker / armor / wep blah blah guy and the other is all the cards I could put into special and damage. I need that third slot but dont want to buy it.

Oh...I want a flamer after seeing a guy waste the entire room with one. Also theres so blue smoke looking effect wep I have no idea what it is. It seems powerful. Also Im seeing that split beam tesla again. I think its the 4 barrel one. I have a 2 barrel cryo but it sucks it seems.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

For now, start hoarding any serums you find on player shops.

Once you get both cards maxed and equipped, that's when you start getting mutated. One of those perk cards gets rid of most of the penalties, and the other locks them in place so that you can't lose them or gain new ones. But you have to be very, very careful about taking those cards off - get some extra radiation and get a new mutation you don't want, and you have to start over. Or take a RadAway and they all vanish.

The simplest thing to do is to just start popping serums for everything you want. But the serums are expensive.

There is a trick to getting your first mutation for free.

Mutations come on when you receive a lot of radiation quickly. They go away when you get rid of radiation. So what you need is a place where you can get a lot of radiation quickly to get a free mutation, but where you can get rid of it quickly if it's one you don't want.

The answer? Emmett Mountain disposal site. Go into the interior. Take off the cards. Go down the ramps and stand in the water (be careful - the rads come fast.) When you get high rads or a mutation, get out of the water. If it isn't what you want, go back to the top of the ramp and use the radiation showers there to get rid of all of it (and the mutation) for free.

As soon as you have a good mutation, put your cards on to lock it in place. Then you can start guzzling the serums.

Here's a list. And you can look here to see which ones I ran with. Keep in mind, the cards show the full downsides, not the reduced ones with Class Freak.

Note: Healing Factor is awesome, and Marsupial is a blast.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

It SUX that all the vendors money is tied in together. I didn't know that. Had a LOT to sell and make money on...but after going to the first vendor...the lady near where u start the game...no other vendor had money either. They all had the 10 caps I left her with...raiders, train stations...no one. Thats lame.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

All methods of selling are time limited - scrip, caps, etc.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Are you guys playing on PC or a console? I'm on PC, maybe we could play if you are also on PC.
Again, if you are on PC send me a friend invite, my tag is Pz38t. Let me know what your tags are.

There were two big changes I made which really changed the way I played the game.

1. Mutations. All my toons over L50 run Class Freak and Starched Genes and are heavily mutated. Marsupial gives you a lot of mobility and the others all help in some way or another. Class Freak makes the downside a lot less. Strange in Numbers is also good because it makes your mutations 25% stronger if you are on a team with someone who is also mutated. Pick Carnivore or Herbivore. I run Herbivore because Cranberry Relish and Brain Fungus Soup give you 20-35% more XP and are relatively easy to make.

2. Unyielding/Bloodied build. When you are at 20% health, your weapons do 80% more damage. That is huge. Unyielding armor gives you +3 to all stats except END when you are 20% health. That's +15 STR (75 lbs more carry weight), +15 INT (30% more XPs). +15 AGI gives you 150 APs, etc. You need to use perks like Serendipity, Nerd Rage, etc. to not die as much. But you will die more often, but less than you think, and death means nothing in F76.

Unfortunately, there is no Unyielding power armor. A lot of PA players run Overeater's PA and run on 20% health with bloodied weapons. You don't get the stat bonuses, but you do get the weapon damage, and an Emergency Protocols mod on the torso really reduces the amount of damage you take.

Adding Mutations + a Bloodied build kept me playing F76. Before that I was thinking of abandoning the game because all the enemies are such bullet sponges.

As for equipment, the easiest way to get reasonably good gear is to have a list of the items you want, surf the player vendors, and pick up cheap gear or serums when you find them. Then, when you have a basic set of gear, look for improvements to the pieces you have. It took a while to pick up a full set of unyielding armor, but once I did and switched to a bloodied build, I never looked back.

All my L50 toons have a full set of unyielding armor, at least a Bloodied Fixer and a Bloodied Handmade, and a full set of Overeater's T45 PA with decent resistances. All this gear was picked up over time when I found something cheap that I didn't have or that was better than what I currently had. It just takes time and patience.

If you are into PA, this is old, but still useful:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/ ... uide_v_20/

Basically all PA is good. The difference between Excavators PA (the weakest) and T-65 PA or Ultracite is pretty minor. That's why a T-45 legendary set is fine, and since legendary T-45 pieces drop frequently, you can pick up them up cheaply if you shop around. Overeater's is the best legendary effect.

My main crafted a set of Overeater's Union PA. That is widely considered to be the best overall because of the set bonuses: +75 carry weight and +150 poison resistance. It took a lot of rolling to get a full set of Overeater's: 97 rolls, 485 Legendary Cores and 388 Legendary Modules. So that took me several hundred events to get the cores and scrap enough gear to get the modules. That's why all my alts run T-45 Overeaters. No poison resistance, no carry weight bonus, but at a 1K-5K caps a piece it's so much cheaper.

Ultracite armor is good, but the mods you really want for it are extremely rare. Most long-time players have tons of ultracite plans and you can buy them cheap, but the Emergency Protocols plan and the Calibrated Shocks plan are very rare. Jetpack plans are cheap so if you aren't running low-health then the only tricky one is Calibrated Shocks. It has a 0.081% chance to be dropped by the SBQ. I've never seen one, even in a player vendor.

Finally, you want a jetpack. Sept 14-18 is a Minerva sale where you can get Secret Service torso plans and the jetpack plans (you need both). This will cost 2438 gold, but it's totally worth it if you have the gold.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I dont play hard core. Like I only have a card set for building stuff and for damaging stuff. Dont have a good gun and not worried about armor as I wear whatever but prefer to wear my sheepsquatch outfit lol. Do have powerarmor which I plan to test out in the bottom of a hell hole looking for an old Brotherhood leader...went there once without armor..bad idea. Now Im all t60, ultracite, and a t51b helmet.

Anyone ever solved any of the treasure notes? The little pencil drawing of a location. If so what ya get? I got tons of them and not tried.

Think Ill log in and go grab a minigun off the supers for testing. I sold a 3 star plasma mini for chit a bit early yesterday..might shoulda kept it..but just want a plain one.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

F76 is a very laid-back game. You can play however you want. I think that's one reason why the game is still around.
Plus people are friendly, and its got that Fallout vibe.

I may have done a treasure note, but it's been ages. From what I've heard they drop some of the rarer mats and maybe a plan.
I think Toxic Valley treasure maps was originally one of the best ways to get plans for the handmade rifle.
You can buy those from NPC vendors now though.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Only plan i found for mine on railstation vendors is a the scopes. A player vendor might have some.

Well I hit two places with super muties and for the first time in a FO game a minigun didn't drop. LOL. More looking some other time.

Think Ill look into a treasure map or two. I bet i can find locations online.

Last note...my modded chainsaw breaks FAST! ...I can repair it...go and kill like 5 people or bots and its 1/8 or more broken again.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'd absolutely look the treasure maps up online. I've done a few, and the hints are a little bit useless.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I just dont know. im to a point Im frustrated with the game. I have fun running events and doing quests and just wandering about. But the building / modding side of it has become a sore point to me.

I DONT WANT to build things. I DO want to mod my guns. Like the minigun I wanted and just got. I want to add a better barrel and some sights...but NoOOoOoooo I dont have the skill. I looked through cards and got pissed at having to do it. I just dont want to do that shit. I dont want to fool with cards and the like. Hell Im like lvl 90 and cant even put a barrel on a minigun.

I think I may be close to deleting it. Had great fun for a long time. Long time for me....how long have i played?..2 months? But the lack of being able to modify simple stuff and no real idea why other than "You lack the necessary skills" is maddening and UNfun.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Fallout 4 was the same way. If you wanted to mod an energy weapon, you needed points in the associated perk. If you wanted the good mods, you needed lots of points in it. If you wanted mod a melee weapon - different perk. Armor? Perks. Ballistic guns? Perks. The only difference in FO76 is that you can get more perks than you can use at once, and swap out the ones you're not currently using.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's been quite a while since I played, but isn't there a doohickey that let's you save multiple builds and switch between them quickly? So you could have a fighting build when out and about, then switch to the crafting build to work on weapons/armor/whatever, then switch back when you're done without needing to manually sort through your cards every time?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yes, and he has one in his camp.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya was doing that when i got mad and tired of it all. I just seriously dislike the cards stuff.

Just let me lvl and GIVE me perks..all Ill need..as I lvl. Dotn make me do it. In fact I HATE card games in PC games so leave them out for me :P
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It isn't a card game. It's just a way of allowing players an extreme degree of build flexibility while maintaining a degree of balance by requiring a player to make meaningful choices.

If you want to be able to do everything well (eventually) then Starfield is the game for you. No level cap, and you can continue to spend skill points (as you earn them) to eventually master every skill in the game if you're sufficiently determined.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think Ill take what I have and do some brotherood quest and go down in the belly of the best for that corpse with just a standard minigun, tesla, hammer and lots of stims...I haven't even seen the....uhh lets say that other OLD group./...prob wont. Dont have that elevator card yet for that silo lol.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:28 pm It isn't a card game. It's just a way of allowing players an extreme degree of build flexibility while maintaining a degree of balance by requiring a player to make meaningful choices.
+1. The 'cards' are just a cosmetic skin on top of the skill system. It's just a bunch of skills/perks. You choose which ones you want active, equip those, and unequip the others. Walk into a different situation? Swap a couple of perks out. Need to craft some ammo? Turn your fireproof perk off, put your ammo crafting perk in its place, craft, and then put them back.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Apparently minigun mods generally take Gunsmith 5 to make. I use that card all the time to reduce gun wear and tear, but it's also needed for mods.

Daehawk, since you are at least L50, have you picked a legendary perk yet? You get one at 50/75/100/150/200/300.
Master infiltrator 1 (which costs no perk points) gives you the ability to pick any lock/hack any terminal.
it's a wonderful QOL legendary perk and frees up 6 perk slots. Ammosmith L1 is also good but not as good as Master Infiltrator L1.

I'm close to L700 and still have Master Infiltrator L1 equipped, it's just so nice to be able to open anything you want. I'll never level it up, it's just fine at L1.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Master Infiltrator was my first unlock, too. Being able to stop fiddling with perks every time I want to unlock something is very, very helpful
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk, since you are at least L50, have you picked a legendary perk yet? You get one at 50/75/100/150/200/300.
Master infiltrator 1 (which costs no perk points) gives you the ability to pick any lock/hack any terminal.
it's a wonderful QOL legendary perk and frees up 6 perk slots. Ammosmith L1 is also good but not as good as Master Infiltrator L1.
Yes, two..not sure what now though.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:28 pm If you want to be able to do everything well (eventually) then Starfield is the game for you. No level cap, and you can continue to spend skill points (as you earn them) to eventually master every skill in the game if you're sufficiently determined.
So in Fallout 3 I set out to make the perfect character: 10 in all stats, 100 in all skills.

It's possible if you take Almost Perfect at L30, it gives you 9 in all stats, and if you save all the stat bobbleheads. That's the easy part.

100 in all skills is much more difficult. You had to read tons of magazines, plus do them in just the right order so you don't waste any magazine skill points b/c you need to raise your skills in order to live. I had a spreadsheet, scoured the Capitol Wasteland, and finally got to 100 in all skills.

Never again...
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I just saw a video (as in 'saw that it exists', not 'watched it') of a guy playing Fallout 4 with the goal of getting every single perk without leaving Sanctuary. Apparently he succeeded.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ok I completed Belly of the Beast quest and got my Ultracite power armor. Feel like a space marine now.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Played this for a while. sometime after it came out. even paid for a year of premium. I was good and fun for the most part.
but then, they released an update which triggered level scaled enemies in all areas, and suddenly it wasn't fun any more.
every walk anywhere became a fight to the death, and it just stopped being fun.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jaymon wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:59 pm every walk anywhere became a fight to the death, and it just stopped being fun.
Then they balanced it so that no fight, anywhere was a fight to the death. Well, save for a few scripted events.

Seriously, the entire time I played I never once died that didn't involve me jumping into something 20 levels above me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well seems Im a proud new member of the Enclave. Never thought Id say that. They have a spiffy bunker and trading terminals though. I even bought a recipe for stimpacks.
Yog-Sothoth

Post by Yog-Sothoth »

BTW, Minerva's at the Whitesprings and sale #20 is on.
There is a lot of good stuff there, SS armor plans, SS jetpack plan, farmable dirt tiles, etc.
If you have the gold, now is a good time to spend it.

https://html.duckduckgo.com/html?q=fa%3 ... %20minerva
every walk anywhere became a fight to the death, and it just stopped being fun.
Like Blackhawk said, F76 is a lot different now. Fights are easier, resources are more plentiful, etc.
The scaling is still there, but it's a lot mellower. I've died a bunch, probably every day, but that's because I run a bloodied build at 20% health.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yog-Sothoth wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:41 am BTW, Minerva's at the Whitesprings and sale #20 is on.
There is a lot of good stuff there, SS armor plans, SS jetpack plan, farmable dirt tiles, etc.
If you have the gold, now is a good time to spend it.
Thanks. I haven't played in about six weeks, but I jumped back on to grab the dirt tiles - I'd been wanting those.