Disney+ Streaming

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Disney+ Streaming

Post by Isgrimnur »

Now if we could just get a TaleSpin reboot.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:50 pm I really liked the Rescue Rangers movie, but I didn't have an overwhelming love for it growing up so the voice acting not matching didn't bother me. It's absolutely hilarious, with tons of pop culture references and is clearly aimed at adults who grew up watching the show.
It's a bunch of gags and nostalgia thrown together. As long as you're not expecting more than that, it's fun. My kids enjoyed it. Plus animated J.K. Simmons.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

CALLBACK!

....oh wait, it really does have an animated J.K. Simmons.

err....never mind.
Covfefe!
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

BTW, there is a deal going on now where you can get Disney+ for $2.99 if you have a Hulu account.

I got some Black Friday Hulu deal last year where I pay $1 a month for Hulu, and was surprised to see I was eligible for this deal (which I think runs until the end of this year). My monthly total for Hulu and D+ is $4. Not bad. TBH it's pretty close to what I think it's worth for me, currently. If it was much more than that, I would not be subscribing, since I already have access to wayyy more content than I can possibly watch right now. I really need to cut either Netflix or HBO Max now that I think about it.

From the SlickDeals page:

1. Log in to your Hulu account and add Disney+ for $2.99/month. You'll be billed by Hulu for access to all services.
2. You will be sent a link to activate Disney+. Use your Hulu credentials to log into the Disney+ app and start streaming.
3. Not a Hulu subscriber? Sign up for a Hulu subscription to be eligible for the Disney+ offer for an additional $2.99/month.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just did that a few weeks ago. Took me a few minutes to figure out how to add Disney to my Hulu subscription, but once I did it was painless and just shows up as an additional 2.99 on my Hulu bill.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:39 am
I was going back through old posts looking to see what I paid for D+ initially and saw this point. 3 years later and we have one of them.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

She-Hulk will make the 3-year mark.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Ms. Marvel is coming 6/8/22
She Hulk is coming 8/17/22

It's probably all those damn Star Wars shows clogging up the pipeline. :wink:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

After loving both seasons of Mandalorian and not hating Wandavision, I have watched one episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and wandered off bored. I have had no interest in any of the rest of the shows for some reason. I think I may be broken. I'll probably give She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel a chance... maybe.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:27 pm Ms. Marvel is coming 6/8/22
She Hulk is coming 8/17/22

It's probably all those damn Star Wars shows clogging up the pipeline. :wink:
I mean, seriously....who needs shows like "Certified Public Accountants of the Empire" and "Sith Family Robinson"???
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:36 pm After loving both seasons of Mandalorian and not hating Wandavision, I have watched one episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and wandered off bored. I have had no interest in any of the rest of the shows for some reason. I think I may be broken. I'll probably give She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel a chance... maybe.
I had no interest in them either, but I was really impressed across the boards with all of them. At a minimum you should watch Hawkeye as he puts off tired, annoyed middle-aged man energy the entire time. I have a whole new appreciation for his character after watching the D+ show.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:43 pm
coopasonic wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:36 pm After loving both seasons of Mandalorian and not hating Wandavision, I have watched one episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier and wandered off bored. I have had no interest in any of the rest of the shows for some reason. I think I may be broken. I'll probably give She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel a chance... maybe.
I had no interest in them either, but I was really impressed across the boards with all of them. At a minimum you should watch Hawkeye as he puts off tired, annoyed middle-aged man energy the entire time. I have a whole new appreciation for his character after watching the D+ show.
Second watching Hawkeye. I can't blame you for giving up on Falcon.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I’m surprised by the reactions here to Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It has some great action set pieces, a dancing Zemo, and it dives into what it means for a black man to be Captain America.

It had some elements that keep it lower on my list of favorite Marvel Disney+ shows (like some weak villains), but overall I still thought it was a solid series.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

For me it's about super hero burnout. Even though I have kept up with most of the Marvel movies, it sorta became work because you couldn't fully appreciate this one unless you had already seen that one. My sons are nowhere near caught up, which means they either can't watch a new movie at the theater or will have to put up with some confusion and spoilers.

I watched the first half of Winter Soldier and turned it off when I had to do something else. What I saw wasn't bad, it's just that I wasn't grabbed enough to choose it again.

A big part of the problem is that today's action movies can't go five minutes without action. It's just too much. Maybe it's a bad comparison, but I just rewatched Remo Williams in memory of Fred Ward. While it's not a great movie, it is a fun movie. And how much action is in this "action" movie? Maybe 15-20 minutes. Sometimes you can have a great action movie that is 75% action. That's the exception though. I liked it in John Wick. That formula had grown old by the time John Wick 2 came out. So for my TV series time, I usually gravitate towards slower dramas that make me think a bit more.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

msteelers wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:18 am I’m surprised by the reactions here to Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It has some great action set pieces, a dancing Zemo, and it dives into what it means for a black man to be Captain America.

It had some elements that keep it lower on my list of favorite Marvel Disney+ shows (like some weak villains), but overall I still thought it was a solid series.
I finished this about a week ago, and I thought it was OK. I think they did a nice job with the social aspects of it, both the racial issues and the challenges of dealing with billions of people reappearing after 5 years, and I'd say it was successful from that perspective. I thought the action elements were less successful. While they were technically proficient (well choreographed and all of that), I'm kind of with McNutt on the idea that there's a bit much of it. Sometimes it felt like each episode was a bridge to get from one action set piece to the next. I'll spoiler some specifics in case anyone hasn't watched yet.
Spoiler:
The flight action in the first episode felt really forced and awkward. "We're dealing with the Falcon here - how do we get some flight action?" It reminded me of the awful parkour scene from the first episode of Book of Boba Fett.

Superhero stuff, and Marvel in particular, has issues with normies fighting supervillains. With the emphasis here on super soldiers, that really brought things to the front and made it challenging for me. Falcon has his nifty suit and electronics, but is that really enough to allow him to go toe to toe with these enhanced bad guys? How does his face not get caved in by a punch? I normally kind of let that slide, but it stood out here more than usual due to both the emphasis on super soldiers and then the death of Battlestar (was that what he was calling himself). I thought that was just really poorly done. These folks are all trying to kill each other with fists and knives and weapons, but then when a normie finally has the predictable outcome from getting in the way of super soldier, everyone just kind of stops fighting and let's Walker deal with his emotions? Awkward pacing to that confrontation.

I will say on the positive side that I want a spin off with Julia Louis Dreyfuss chewing the scenery all day. I don't even need any action in that one!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:50 pm I really liked the Rescue Rangers movie, but I didn't have an overwhelming love for it growing up so the voice acting not matching didn't bother me. It's absolutely hilarious, with tons of pop culture references and is clearly aimed at adults who grew up watching the show.
I loved it, the kids loved it. I grew up watching the show and was fine with the new voices. In fact, we watched a few episodes after the movie and the old voices were annoying as all hell.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

FWIW, phase 4 isn’t as connected as the end of phase 3 was. You don’t NEED to see everything. I think the biggest assumption from Marvel with all of these series is that you’ve seen IW and Endgame. Dr Strange has been the most connected so far of the phase 4 movies. It assumes you’ve seen WandaVision, and seeing No Way Home would be nice but not necessary.

And Moon Knight had zero major references to the MCU. The most I can remember are some posters in the background about the blip.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

At the same time, a lot of these shows really set up the background for the films. Hawkeye introduced new characters we'll almost certainly see, and it served as a sequel to another film. Wandavision was the link between Endgame and Doctor Strange, and was the basis for Doctor Strange's plot. Loki has the potential to be even more far-reaching (we just haven't seen how yet - maybe the new Thor?)

With these shows, if you limit yourself to the MCU films, you're going to spend a lot of time lost.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
JCC

Post by JCC »

This is exactly what Disney wants. Then know all of the movies will be successful, so now they want everyone to stay subscribed to D+ so they won't be confused about the inevitable TV show crossovers with movies. It's smart business.

I have zero issues with people getting burned out on Marvel - especially since a few of the heavy hitters are now gone. But, I love it. I think the movies and shows are still at very high quality. (Eternals, was probably my least favorite marvel thing in years, but I still thought it was "fine".)

On the other hand, I have no issue with people who have Marvel fatigue. I am not feeling it yet (at all) but I may in the future.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I still really enjoy the MCU. I get Disney free with my phone plan, though. If I didn't, I'd likely sub for a month every time a new film is about to come up and binge to catch up. I've really started doing just that - I keep Netflix and Hulu around for general use, but I sub/unsub to the other channels based purely on what we're wanting to watch. I used to keep them all active, all the time, which was pretty foolish on my part.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse is now available for streaming (in Canada) under Disney's Star brand.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Is it available in Australia where you can actually watch it though?
Covfefe!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

It's available throughout pretty much all of the smoldering remains of the once mighty British Empire, with the exception of the Thirteen Colonies and their ragtag collection of Johnny-come-lately hanger-on territories.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

We can get it through Hulu. :coffee:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, I believe a lot of the Disney+ Star content is available in the US on Hulu (or perhaps other services).

Dollhouse, in particular, just showed up on D+ Star this month, but I believe it's been on Hulu for at least a few years now.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

So, how is Ms. Marvel?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

She's doing great...in her own thread. :P
Covfefe!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:39 pm She's doing great...in her own thread. :P
goddammit
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:
Covfefe!
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

I am Groot. Five original shorts.

Grifman

Post by Grifman »

New She Hulk trailer and they fricking teased Daredevil at the end:

Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Apparently Andor has slipped to September. I'd forgotten it was even due soon. This trailer looks really good, though I'm not sure I'm especially interested in the story it's telling. I think maybe it actually feels a little too gritty for Star Wars. Perhaps it's partially the music. I kind of get vibes of Christopher Nolan's cinematic realism. I did think Rogue One was pretty good. And haven't we wanted a bigger variety of tones in new Star Wars content? Maybe I'll upgrade this to "I wasn't especially interested before this trailer, but now I am". I would be watching it regardless.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Sudy wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:09 am Maybe I'll upgrade this to "I wasn't especially interested before this trailer, but now I am". I would be watching it regardless.
This pretty much summarizes my feelings about Andor too. I'm pretty tired of stories where the main character has plot armor. But the trailer was intriguing, and there seems to be a lot of exploration of the roots of the rebellion, rather than just more of the same jedi-ness. I'd put myself in the "hopeful" camp? Though, like Sudy, I'll be watching either way.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

naednek wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 12:57 am
Hrothgar wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 12:52 am Why didn't anyone tell me that the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers movie featured animated J.K. Simmons?
because I didn't want to torture you. My kids watched it and it was horrible. I think for me it was Chip and Dale's voice. Ya I know the original actors are probably long gone, but they didn't even try.

The integration of different technology was cool, but man the movie was soooo bad
Variety
“Chip ‘n’ Dale: Rescue Rangers” won outstanding television movie at the creative arts Emmy’s this Sunday.

The film is a surprise win at this year’s Emmys, marking the first time that an animated movie has won the category, which tends to be somewhat confusing. This year, nominees included a variety of TV show reunions billed as one-time “movies,” from “Ray Donovan: The Movie,” “Reno 911! The Hunt for QAnon” and “Zoey’s Extraordinary Christmas.” HBO’s “The Survivor,” which was originally theatrical-minded and premiered at the 2021 Toronto International Film Festival, was also nominated for the category.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Leaning into the grindhouse look on this one. I love it. Also, you can’t go wrong with Gael Garcia Bernal.

Covfefe!
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Mickey Mouse looks a little different this Halloween.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, so I wanted to watch the Netflix Daredevil series (that I never got around to watching on Netflix).

I'm told that it's available now on Disney+, but I can't find any evidence of that.

Can anyone confirm or correct me here? How do I watch Daredevil now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Unagi wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:46 pm Can anyone confirm or correct me here? How do I watch Daredevil now?
It is indeed on Disney+. Great, great show.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm just sitting here using Disney+ on my iPad - like I watch all my Disney+ content... and it just isn't returned as a show/series I can watch or that they have at all. I don't know what I could be doing wrong.

edit: OK - I think it's because someone has me set as TV-14

It is weird that I can watch just about anything else - I've never seen that my list was filtered before this one title.
Last edited by Unagi on Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.