Borderlands 3

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Blackhawk

Re: Borderlands 3

Post by Blackhawk »

In other words, things must have changed since I played. When I played FL4K, none of the melee pets would survive by the time you got to the level cap. Mayhem levels? Fuggetaboutit. And the worst part (and this was true with pets in BL2 as well) was when you were fighting something nasty and your pet would attack anything but, and Attack Command was wonky as hell. And if you were strong, half of the enemies would die before your pet got anywhere near them due to travel time from enemy to enemy, robbing you of half of your buffs built around the pet's attack. Meanwhile, the jabber (while still not smart about target choice) would attack instantly, and the variant with the SMG would stack up the bonuses like crazy. Besides, if you went down, he was already right next to you.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

yeah I just took on a really tough boss Mayhem 3 in Moxxi Heist and my tank was the reason I made it plus I had the ability to revive my pet by killing something. My tank pet can be a one beast army and i have the gamma burst ability which makes him even more awesome. Jabber is fun too though so I have dueling Fl4K.

I thought the Siren was a great character but FL4K is a juggernaut. Moze with Ironbear as stationary death dealing gun platform after I exit is pretty damn fun too
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

anyone else play the science game? I didn't really know how much I have played it until I hit 1 million points.

Also true...even though I have over 300 hours of playtime I never knew how vault cards worked until this last week when I leveled a card and thought I wonder what that does and thus I actually looked for and used Atlas weapons.

I wonder what else I have no idea about that is in the game.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I played the science game when it first came out. I played for maybe 30 minutes, racked up enough points (or whatever it was) to buy myself buffs for all of eternity, then never bothered again.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Vault cards....

I guess not since I don't have any idea what that means. :D Are they related to the science game? Much like BH, I played it some when it was first introduced and accumulated a bunch of points. Unlike BH, however, I never actually remember to buy any buffs.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Vault cards are things that add dailys and weeklys. There are three cards. You fill an xp bar that is filled by doing the Ds and Ws but also plain ole playing the game. Each time you level a card you get to open a chest which may give you keys to buy things tied to that card or you may get the item directly. Some are cosmetics and each card has some gear that you get only with VC keys that is pretty darn good and scales with you.

I had no idea either until I finally decided to understand what was happening whenever i would get the "New Vault Card level" message.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Is that new? Part of the Director's Cut? I only have the Season 1 Pass DLC.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I have seen my son playing in the past couple of months and saw the vault cards then, but yeah - they're after my time.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 pm Is that new? Part of the Director's Cut? I only have the Season 1 Pass DLC.
Just read Vault Cards are part of Directors Cut
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Jaddison wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:58 pm
TheMix wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 pm Is that new? Part of the Director's Cut? I only have the Season 1 Pass DLC.
Just read Vault Cards are part of Directors Cut
Ah. Thanks.

Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Is there a way to disconnect the mouse from the driving controls like in the other games? I have the controls set to arrow keys but its only using back and forward ....its using the mouse to steer and aim guns at the same time. I want to aim guns with the mouse and steer with the arrow keys like I set them.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:26 am Is there a way to disconnect the mouse from the driving controls like in the other games? I have the controls set to arrow keys but its only using back and forward ....its using the mouse to steer and aim guns at the same time. I want to aim guns with the mouse and steer with the arrow keys like I set them.
Found this
"Actually, I might have found the option you need to change in order to be able to use the free view with the mouse and the WASD keys only for steering/accelerate.
That’s in the Gamepad options (even if you don’t have any connected to your machine), I changed the following two (see capture).
As the game is in French on my PC I don’t know the exact translation, but it basically says
“buttons configuration - vehicule left”
“analog sticks config - left handed”

As a result, the mouse no longer controls the steering.
You might want to give it a go"

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/ca ... /3125535/4
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Thnx Ill see if I can find that. Weird they made it this way in default.

Im struggling here at the start. ive not found any good guns. Both mine are junky rusty pos. FL4K fumbles and fumbles on reloading them and they do little damage. So I end up on the ground fighting for my life a lot more than I ever remember in other BL games. Of course its just starting. I just now got a car.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:21 am Thnx Ill see if I can find that. Weird they made it this way in default.
I probably have ~2000 hours in all the games. And never once have I thought "boy, I wish the vehicle controls were different". You know that it's not about the vehicles, right? They generally aren't very good.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And once you hit about 2/3 of the way through, they're useless except for getting from A to B. They don't scale, and quickly do so little damage that they're not really a focus.

As to the guns, they're supposed to suck early on. And a big part of what makes guns good is your skill tree - until you have points put into them, you're not going to be that strong. I mean, if you were strong enough not to struggle before you upgraded your character, then the upgrades wouldn't really matter much.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ya been saving my points. Not sure how to divide them. I 'think' right now anyways that Ill skip the spider pet type tree unless theres something handy down there. Gonna go with the dog and the monkeylizard

I need to devote more time to this. I just play a little mission before bed usually. Im playing so much stuff. My main focus is SWTOR since Im sub'd. Dont want to waste a penny, Lvl 'n 3 characters there. My 22nd 23rd and 24th.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

If you're saving your points, that'll be what's getting you killed. The game is balanced on the assumption that you're improving your character as you go. In RPG terms, you've got a level 1 character who has leveled up nine times and is playing level 10 content, but hasn't applied any of the level-ups.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:26 am Is there a way to disconnect the mouse from the driving controls like in the other games? I have the controls set to arrow keys but its only using back and forward ....its using the mouse to steer and aim guns at the same time.
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure what you're seeing here. The Borderlands 1/2/PS controls are exactly the same as the BL3 controls - turning the mouse has always aimed the weapons and turned the vehicle at the same time.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Right. Don't want to turn the vehicle? Stop moving. Never was an issue for me.

Also, remember that it costs a pittance to respec down the road. So there is zero point in saving any points now. My general rule for the beginning game is either put points in something that will give you direct bonus damage (e.g. +dam for weapons) or healing. If the latter is not available, I would probably go with more shields or more health.

Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, that's a good philosophy. Give yourself something that will pay off now, and spec into something more useful later when you have points to get skills that require each other to shine. (For example, something that says, "Get a small bonus on a kill" doesn't do much - but four different skills that give you something on a kill, plus something that lets you count pet kills as yours can make you a god.)

And if you just can't decide, there are a ton of skill analysis discussion and premade builds online. Just don't get anything too old, as skills have changed since launch.
Jaddison

Post by Jaddison »

In a first, I reached the level cap. Not sure I have ever done that with a BL game. It was Fl4K of course and am only playing Mayhem 3 which seems to just difficult enough but not frustratingly difficult.

Capping with Moze should be easy after getting the Iron Bear skill that lets me pop out and Iron Bear guns down everything in site including annointed.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Remember that Borderlands Science minigame?

Millions of gamers advance biomedical research
Leveraging gamers and video game technology can dramatically boost scientific research according to a new study published today in Nature Biotechnology.

4.5 million gamers around the world have advanced medical science by helping to reconstruct microbial evolutionary histories using a minigame included inside the critically and commercially successful video game, Borderlands 3. Their playing has led to a significantly refined estimate of the relationships of microbes in the human gut. The results of this collaboration will both substantially advance our knowledge of the microbiome and improve on the AI programs that will be used to carry out this work in future.
Even gamers are being replaced by AI... :coffee:
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I helpeded!