[PC] New World

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

YellowKing

Re: [PC] New World

Post by YellowKing »

Yeah screw this game, I'm out.

I don't know what happened, but I'm using the same video card I used when the game launched. I used to play it just fine, now it runs like complete ass even at Medium settings. Frame rate drops, slow to load, it looks terrible.

I don't have the patience or the desire to tweak and figure it out, and so far I'm with Skiny - I'm not seeing enough new here to make me want to jump back in.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

YellowKing wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:23 pm I don't know what happened, but I'm using the same video card I used when the game launched. I used to play it just fine, now it runs like complete ass even at Medium settings. Frame rate drops, slow to load, it looks terrible.
I'm wondering what they did to the graphics. I remember it being very taxing on my GPU at launch, but that it looked amazing. Today, it still made my GPU melt but didn't look nearly as crisp and it ran like total crap with stuttering, low frame rates, constant pop-in, and lots of very noticeable lo-res textures.

Really odd.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Beyond launch there seemed to be serious graphics scaling issues in towns and other populated areas. Or maybe I just didn't notice it early on? But I'm pretty sure it just started happening (for everyone), I presume after an update.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Fresh start servers are going up on Wednesday (11/02/22). Anyone going to give it a go? I had no interest until I watched a video outlining some of the improvements that have been made over the past several months. But I imagine there will be little difference to those of you who were playing only recently.

An associate of The Wanderers is going to be playing on Amarah (US-East) as Maurauders and has extended an open invitation, but I don't think any core Wanderers have committed (and if anyone does go back, I can't imagine it will be more than two or three folks). I'm also asking allied mega-guild Gaiscioch if anyone has specific plans, but I know they won't be opening an official chapter so as not to fracture the existing community on legacy server Orofena. Personally, I can't even be certain I'll log on or how long I'll last, but I wanted to coordinate server/handles if anyone else is interested.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I’m planning to check out the changes, but I suspect there’s going to be a clusterf- during the initial start so I hesitate to commit to a server or anything like that.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

rittchard wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:14 pm I’m planning to check out the changes, but I suspect there’s going to be a clusterf- during the initial start so I hesitate to commit to a server or anything like that.
They said to expect queues, there's just no way around it at first. Though they said they had some mitigation tools... I'm sure they learned something from initial launch last year.

So far I be haven't heard of anyone I know going anywhere but Amarah, so that's probably what I'll be doing. One GSCH member has declared for Death, but I think that's part of some streamer contest thing and I don't think it's even open to the public initially.

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Unless something happens, I'll be hitting server Amarah at 15:00 ET today. Let us know if you'll also be playing!