[Movie] Terminator: Dark Fate

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

rittchard

Re: [Movie] Terminator: Dark Fate

Post by rittchard »

Rumpy wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm I think what the franchise needs is time, and I don't mean that as a pun. I really think a big issue with this sequel was in how quickly they set out to make it after Genisys bombed leading to some franchise fatigue. Give it enough time and a good script, and I think they'd have a hit. But it seems to me from what I've been hearing is that they relied too much on the big names returning, and that to me is not enough.

If they ever make another one, and we know Arnold will be too old for it by that point, I'd suggest getting John Cena to play a Terminator. He's got a very similar build and facial structure as Arnold did in his early days.
Getting a big guy seems kind of pointless when the main villain is a "liquid metal" shapechanger that can not only assume people's forms but metallic objects and still has super computing power and access to apparently all the databases on the planet, etc etc. As I said above, I think it's less franchise fatigue and more that the writers painted themselves into a corner once they went the "fantasy" villain direction. It was clever the way they took care of it in T2 but that can only be done once.

Something that might work assuming you really like the original concept is going more old school and do a true "reboot" and make it an intense hard R horror flick. More realistic with the robot/cyborg features instead of the magical morphing.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

rittchard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 pm Something that might work assuming you really like the original concept is going more old school and do a true "reboot" and make it an intense hard R horror flick. More realistic with the robot/cyborg features instead of the magical morphing.
That's bound to happen some day; perhaps with an all-new character set altogether (as in, John Conner wasn't the only point-of-failure in the "Kill all Humans" robot campaign. Maybe to present becomes so Terminator-ridden it's actually terminators sent back in the past that start the whole war in the first place.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After Terminator Salvation I was REALLY hoping for a full Sam Worthington terminator movie of some type.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:52 pm After Terminator Salvation I was REALLY hoping for a full Sam Worthington terminator movie of some type.
You and Sam Worthington’s mother.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

rittchard wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 pm Getting a big guy seems kind of pointless when the main villain is a "liquid metal" shapechanger that can not only assume people's forms but metallic objects and still has super computing power and access to apparently all the databases on the planet, etc etc.

Oh, I definitely agree that they painted themselves into a corner. I might even be so bold as to say making it a direct sequel to T2 was a bad idea. It comes with all sorts of expectations, not to mention that with each movie they've made in the franchise, they've had to get exponentially bolder and bolder to the point of silliness, because each one has to one-up the last movie. To be bigger and badder than the last, etc.

I still feel Salvation was the best sequel. I wonder how many will start to look on it fondly now.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I have been watching vids on this and it brought to mind...how did tech evolve so fast after the world was destroyed. Supposedly its been 20+..maybe it was 26 years?....since Carl killed John...so in the DF timeline Judgement Day should have come and gone according to time. But humans still use the same crap as always. The world hasn't changed much. But in the normal timeline the world ended and Skynet was there and they had plasma guns, human like robots, factories to produce them, time machines......all under Skynet.

So did Skynet somehow invent everything? Because us humans sure haven't in Dark Fate.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It’s the inverse of The Walking Dead in which people revert to tribalism, and in some cases even develop their own language, approximately 18 weeks after the zombie apocalypse.
He won. Period.