Elden Ring

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Elden Ring

Post by hepcat »

And just found two new, connected subregions last night I completely missed earlier because I didn’t look off the side of a cliff. Sheesh, this game makes you work for it, doesn’t it.
Covfefe!
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:22 am And just found two new, connected subregions last night I completely missed earlier because I didn’t look off the side of a cliff. Sheesh, this game makes you work for it, doesn’t it.
Did you find all of the underground regions? Most of them are optional and they can be huge.
FTE
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think this is the only one I haven’t found yet.
Covfefe!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I’m steadily playing along. I’m around level 61 or 62 but I’m just mostly wandering around trying to find some areas where I can beat the boss. I have an arcane build and feel like I haven’t found a weapon upgrade in forever.

I still wander into MoBs that kill me almost instantly. Sometimes not even being able to get my shards back.

Even with all that I still love the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Another night of playing for 4-5 hours and not making any damn progress.
I keep dying at the hands of enemies I should be crushing, but somehow they still take me down.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Can you summon another player? Use Ashes Summons? Switch up weapons to take advantage of an enemy weakness?

By the way
Spoiler:
Once you defeat Rahdan, make sure you use his rememberance to buy his sword. It has a skill called Taker’s Flame that is essentially a nuclear bomb for this game. :wub:

Hell, it even steals life from every enemy you kill with it and returns it to you. I barely use hp flasks when I’m armed with it.
Covfefe!
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 am Can you summon another player? Use Ashes Summons? Switch up weapons to take advantage of an enemy weakness?

By the way
Spoiler:
Once you defeat Rahdan, make sure you use his rememberance to buy his sword. It has a skill called Taker’s Flame that is essentially a nuclear bomb for this game. :wub:

Hell, it even steals life from every enemy you kill with it and returns it to you. I barely use hp flasks when I’m armed with it.
Not playing online, so no. There areas I'm dying in arent boss areas, so cant summon.
Switching weapons would probably be helpful, but I am still using the same sword I stared with. I'll have to check what else I have and what I can wield.
Spoiler:
I knew I was forgetting to do something. I have about 3-4 remeberances I have to turn in. I'll do that tonight and hopefully something helps me get over this hump.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Playing online doesn't automatically mean you'll be invaded. I suggest you try it for a while online. You'll get some helpful messages before some areas that may help you (as well as the numerous idiotic ones with variations of "but whole"...this is the internet, remember), and you'll be able to summon others to help you in many areas.

Last night
Spoiler:
I came across a boss battle with the Lich Dragon I hadn't been aware of. I beat it with very little trouble with just the mimic tear ash and Radahn's sword with Taker's Flame. Taker's Flame just tore huge chunks off its health with each hit. Didn't help the dragon that it went after my summons and then just pushed him into a corner and let me attack him unhindered most of the time. Later on I looked it up and realized it was a Legend Boss. I guess I just got lucky.
Covfefe!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

The Blasphemous Blade comes from Rykard, not Rahdan. His weapons are the bow and a different sword with a gravity attack IIRC. The BB is a great weapon and does give healing with each kill. Also the special attack is great against some enemies.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ah, my mistake. It’s still a great weapon though. I don’t leave home without it.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I was dual wielding with the BB in my main hand and the Sword of Milos, which restores FP per kill (even if you're not hitting with it), in my off hand. Plus the Taker's Cameo talisman that restores hp after each kill. Virtually no need for potions.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I don’t know how to effectively dual wield. :(
Covfefe!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am I don’t know how to effectively dual wield. :(
My dexterity with my left hand on a controller is such that just changing consumables is a hassle. I can't imagine trying to control a weapon with it. I tried a little but gave up.
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

I'm done.
I may come back to try and finish it at some point, but for now, I'm done.
800 hours is waaaaaaaaay more than enough.
Now that I'm towards the end of the game, I just cant progress any further.
I've done the respec about 5 times now and nothing I'm trying works.
Every boss I'm up against, Rykard and Malekith specifically, are just annihilating me.
My most powerful summons, tiche or mimic, are pretty useless.

Chances are if I bail I'll just end up uninstalling it instead of coming back to it.
I'd like to say it was a good ride, but it has been more frustrating than anything.
I guess that's par for the course with these types of game.
Oh well......time to kill some Nazis.......
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Maliketh is up there with Malenia as toughest bosses in the game. I had no real problem with Rykard with my mimic once I figured out how to use the weapon designed for him. I had to summon a real player to beat Maliketh.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yeah, the serpent sword makes the Rykard fight pretty easy. It’s got great range and with a tank ash summons drawing his attention, you can sit back and just leisurely whack his ass.

I can understand being frustrated at times with this game, but with the exception of a very few spots, you can always just go do something else, level up and then return like an avenging angel, opening cans of whoop ass like you were a whoop ass can salesman.

This game is still undoubtedly my game of the year…if not the last 3 years or so.
Covfefe!
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Scuzz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 pm Maliketh is up there with Malenia as toughest bosses in the game. I had no real problem with Rykard with my mimic once I figured out how to use the weapon designed for him. I had to summon a real player to beat Maliketh.
I may be at that point.
How do you summon someone?
Anyone here willing to help me with Maliketh?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Just took Rykard down.
Gonna build up a bit and try Maliketh later.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

stimpy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm
Scuzz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:06 pm Maliketh is up there with Malenia as toughest bosses in the game. I had no real problem with Rykard with my mimic once I figured out how to use the weapon designed for him. I had to summon a real player to beat Maliketh.
I may be at that point.
Have you beaten the Draconic Tree Sentinel? You an use the Furled Finger consumable near the Sign of Grace or near the boss fog door. If the DTS is not dead then summoning at the fog door is a problem.

Don’t get too frustrated if it seems like everyone you summon is unavailable, I think the game has some connection issues still. But it does seem to be an active place and given time you should find someone.
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Scuzz wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:01 pm
stimpy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:59 pm
I may be at that point.
Have you beaten the Draconic Tree Sentinel? You an use the Furled Finger consumable near the Sign of Grace or near the boss fog door. If the DTS is not dead then summoning at the fog door is a problem.

Don’t get too frustrated if it seems like everyone you summon is unavailable, I think the game has some connection issues still. But it does seem to be an active place and given time you should find someone.
I have not beaten the DTS yet.
Tried a couple of times then ended up just running past him to get to the boss.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

That DTS is harder to kill than most of the main bosses.

I summoned to kill it, then I summoned to kill Malikieth. My mimic and I had no trouble with the first half of the fight but the second half, well, I just can't move that fast. I actually had less trouble with the hidden dragon boss in Faram.
Black Lives Matter
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I just beat Rennala a couple days ago for a second piece of the ring. I tried Rykard about 15 times last night and never got really close to beating him so I’m going to come back in about 10 levels.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Dramatist wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:30 pm I just beat Rennala a couple days ago for a second piece of the ring. I tried Rykard about 15 times last night and never got really close to beating him so I’m going to come back in about 10 levels.

You are using the Serpent Hunter, or whatever it is called, right?
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Scuzz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:38 am
Dramatist wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:30 pm I just beat Rennala a couple days ago for a second piece of the ring. I tried Rykard about 15 times last night and never got really close to beating him so I’m going to come back in about 10 levels.

That was definitely the key for me to finally beating him.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

Scuzz wrote:

No idea what the Serpent Hunter is. I’m pretty sure my gear sucks.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

Dramatist wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:51 pm
Scuzz wrote:

No idea what the Serpent Hunter is. I’m pretty sure my gear sucks.

As you go in Rykard’s fog door there is an item you pick up before you aggro the boss. It is a weapon designed especially for the fight. I am guessing you picked it up and forgot about it.
Black Lives Matter
naednek

Post by naednek »

sweet, with this RAM and GPU upgrade I actually can play without any stuttering, and everything set to high or very high. Trying to figure out how to turn off the 60 FPS cap. I don't see vsync in the options.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

naednek wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:14 pm sweet, with this RAM and GPU upgrade I actually can play without any stuttering, and everything set to high or very high. Trying to figure out how to turn off the 60 FPS cap. I don't see vsync in the options.
That isn’t an option. That is a design choice.
Black Lives Matter
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

WTF am I gonna do now?????

There should be a "HELL NO" option here.....

He/Him/His/Porcupine
Montag

Post by Montag »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:54 pm WTF am I gonna do now?????
Recommend it to a friend?
words
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Montag wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:43 am
stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:54 pm WTF am I gonna do now?????
Recommend it to a friend?
I would.
Would they still be a friend after?
50/50
He/Him/His/Porcupine
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I just found ANOTHER region I missed earlier so I've been happily plowing through that site. It's odd since it's a site that I've seen some folks here talking about, but that I completely missed initially
Spoiler:
mohgwyn palace...and man, mohg is cleaning my clock right now....even with his shackles.
Covfefe!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Okay, after approximately 218 hours, I have completed the game. I’d like to thank all the little people who got me here today. Without you…well….I probably still would have finished it.

By the end I was smashing bosses like they were cardboard….except for that last one. Two stage fights are always rough. But I called in a half naked guy named Mike Tyson (not a joke) who tore through the final boss with fist weapons, appropriately enough. I started a new game, but then uninstalled the game. I need the drive space, and I need a break. I’m heading back to shoot Nazis in the buttocks for a while.
Covfefe!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

That final for fight sequence is kinda annoying. I went thru it three times, to get the achievements. The first two times I got help, and some people are just really good at this game. The last time my mimic and I did it. Shocked the hell out of me.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I read that its health increases depending on the number of players you bring with you. So they recommend doing it with just an ash summons.
Covfefe!
Scuzz

Post by Scuzz »

hepcat wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:16 am I read that its health increases depending on the number of players you bring with you. So they recommend doing it with just an ash summons.
Yea, summoning a real player, and maybe even an NPC does effect health bar of a boss. I am not sure if using a spirit has any effect. Summoning another player is kind of a crap shoot, but if you get someone capable they are worth it.
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Like Mike Tyson!
Covfefe!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

I just hit level 100 last night and made it past the Erdtree Capital into the Giant Lands and I feel like I need to get 19 more levels before I try exploring it a bit. Seems like a big difficulty spike.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think I was like level 120 before I felt confident in that area. But everyone has their own skill level. I see folks talking about how it was a cakewalk at level 80 or so.

Thankfully, there are a ton of spots you can find to level up a bit more. I was surprised at how many full areas I missed when I checked some walkthroughs just after hitting the mountaintop of giants.
Covfefe!
Dramatist

Post by Dramatist »

hepcat wrote:I think I was like level 120 before I felt confident in that area. But everyone has their own skill level. I see folks talking about how it was a cakewalk at level 80 or so.

Thankfully, there are a ton of spots you can find to level up a bit more. I was surprised at how many full areas I missed when I checked some walkthroughs just after hitting the mountaintop of giants.
I feel like I’m only moderately skilled. I still die in many ways, often losing thousands of runes because I wandered somewhere I probably shouldn’t have wandered.

It’s fun to come back to places later on and just give things a beat down.

Now Playing
Marvel Puzzle Quest