Watch Dogs: Legion

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Watch Dogs: Legion

Post by jztemple2 »

So after playing Bloodlines I've gone back and started a new campaign of the basic game. I'm having a lot of fun with it :D. I've replayed the original game and WD2, but I burned out after a while on each since I was playing the same missions over again. But because a good part of WDL is about recruiting new operatives, and since the people you recruit are randomly generated, I'm doing a lot of tasks I haven't seen before. And even if they are familiar (someone's been made redundant and it turns out to be an AI putting them out of work) they seem to being staged at different locations each time. So that's pretty cool. I always thought that it would be a really cool game mode that put you into the role of the DEDSEC London recruiter where your job was to find people with certain qualifications and recruit them into DEDSEC. I might even try that as a house rule, searching around for some oddball combinations of talents on some NPC and them recruiting them.

I'm playing in Permadeath mode but it hasn't been too difficult. I'm playing at Normal difficulty. I swapped it up to Hard but it seemed that every guard and other types of potential enemies would really be too fast getting into hostile mode and it made the game not fun, so I'm back to Normal difficulty. I rarely lose an operative since I've gotten good at using my spiderbot plus drones plus all sorts of little tricks.

I've played a few of the mainline missions but since I know what they look like I'm not in any big hurry. Instead I'm grabbing all the tech points I'm finding that aren't inside red zones. Then I'm getting the tech points inside red zones when a mission (or a recruitment task) sends me that way. I'm also hiring and firing operatives as I come across ones that look interesting (there's a cap on the number of agents plus recruits you can have on your roster). One thing I do is just wander along the main streets, looking for Albion soldiers who are roughing up civilians. If the civilian has some interesting traits, talents or equipment and doesn't hate DEDSEC (if they do they have a red thumbs down displayed) I put them on my recruit roster and then rescue them. Usually this results in them joining DEDSEC immediately without having to go do some recruitment task for them. And it lets me roleplay the game more.

When I completed the main game the first time last fall I think I still held the opinion that while WDL is good, it's not as good overall as WD2. However, I'm starting to change my mind. While the main campaign and side missions of WDL aren't as in-depth as in WD2, the whole recruitment system adds a lot of fun to WDL. Also, London is such a better map than San Francisco and environs of WD2. There are so many cool alleyways and roads and parks and buildings and statues and all sorts of other stuff that makes London a lot of fun to just run around in. The newer Assassin's Creed games have a Discovery Tour mode, they ought to have one for WDL. It would be really cool.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hmm, nothing for awhile. How about a new character? It's crossover time!
Discover Darcy, a member of the Assassin’s Brotherhood, and bring her signature hidden blade in the ultimate stealth-based Watch Dogs: Legion experience. Free content available for all players, plus Darcy as a new playable character for Season Pass owners.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And today the Watch Dogs: Legion/Assassin's Creed crossover has been released. Besides the crossover character and new missions, there is also Resistance Mode and PvP modes Invasion (similar to what was in previous games) and Extraction. Also Legion of the Dead mode has been added to consoles.

UPDATE: More info:
The Watch Dogs: Legion crossover with Assassin’s Creed launches today as part of Title Update 5.5 and introduces a new modern-day Assassin named Darcy, as well as two free story missions – Enter the Assassins and The New Creed – and two free world missions, Templar Hunt and Artifact Hunt. While anyone will be able to play the new missions, only Season Pass owners will be able to play as Darcy immediately in both the single-player and online modes.

As a trained Assassin, Darcy brings unique abilities as a playable Operative, including:
• Hidden Blade: The signature Assassin weapon that improves melee attacks and allows takedowns from any angle.
• Eagle Drone: A scout drone that can self-destruct as well as emit a short-range electromagnetic pulse.
• AR Disguise: Assume the look of an enemy to get access to restricted locations, and apply the disguise to nearby allies in multiplayer.

The new update also brings two new PVP modes to Watch Dogs: Legion Online. Invasion brings back the fan-favorite PvP mode from earlier games, which sees players invading another player’s game and executing a hack while trying to remain anonymous. Thanks to Play As Anyone, Invasion mode in Watch Dogs: Legion allows hackers to swap to other characters in the world to avoid detection. The other new mode is Extraction, in which players must obtain crypto drives and race across the city to upload the data while being hunted by other players.

Resistance Mode is coming to Watch Dogs: Legion single-player campaign as well, and offers a new level of challenge with game modifiers including:
• Permadeath is always on.
• Tube station fast-travel is disabled.
• Most civilians start out disliking DedSec.
• Most abilities, hacks, and gadgets have significantly longer cooldowns.

Finally, Watch Dogs: Legion of the Dead – the previously PC-only co-op PvE survival mode in which up to four players try to gather resources and gear and escape London during a zombie apocalypse – is now available on consoles with two new enemies, new weapons, and more.
For more on all things Watch Dogs, check out our previous coverage.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

This will probably be my last posting in this thread because Watch Dogs: Legion isn’t getting any more updates
Ubisoft has announced it will not be updating Watch Dogs: Legion any further, marking an end to the 2020 RPG’s post-launch support. The news comes just one year and three months after the game’s release on October 29, 2020.

In a message to the fans posted on Ubisoft’s website, the Watch Dogs: Legion development team look back on the game’s journey and previous post-release content, before stating that update 5.6 was the “final update for Watch Dogs: Legion”. The devs thank fans for their engagement, saying: “we’ve loved seeing your content and passion.”

Season 5 for Watch Dogs: Legion’s online mode began on January 22, though the game will enter an end-of-life state once the season ends. Its content will cycle, moving between seasons three to five, and repeating indefinitely. Ubisoft says players will be able to receive “both new and returning rewards” in Online Mode, and will have the chance to unlock content they missed out on in the past. That includes a jacket belonging to a Mr Aiden Pearce, as well as the outfit of his favourite nephew, Jackson.
Such a shame that Ubisoft didn't take advantage of their great London map to add some DLC to turn it into a full up single player campaign like the first two games. Hopefully if the next Watch Dogs game is in development they will return to the mechanics and play style of Watch Dogs 2. Legions sounded like a good concept, but the execution was a bit lackluster and their decision to go without a protagonist made the game, for me, feel less immersive.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I still plan on eventually playing it, but shame to hear it was a disappointment. I guess that goes to show you should have a strong main protagonist. It sounded like a great idea, but I could see how it could end up feeling either too busy or with a lack of personality. The city of London seems like such a cool playground, one that you really don't see much of in games, and it seems to me there would have been a potential to cross over with Assassin's Creed Syndicate being that the two games in both franchises take place in the same city, but in two different time periods. I loved when Syndicate flashed forward to WWII.

Loved Watch Dogs 2 and its social commentary.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti