[Streaming] Apple TV Plus

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Pyperkub

Re: [Streaming] Apple TV Plus

Post by Pyperkub »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:30 am The Family Plan

Enlarge Image
Watched this the other night - it was pretty fun.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Punisher wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:16 pm Looks good.

Just finished Monarch and enjoyed it although the time jumps confused the hell out of me in the beginning.
Definitely hope for Season 2.
This got great reviews, and I started watching with high expectations, and really didn’t like it. I thought it was going to be a story about Monarch tracking down Titans and figuring out how to deal with them, but it was nothing like that. The leads are supposedly young adults (one even had two children) but they act like emo teens, and I don’t really care about them and find them unlikable. Way too much angst and family/relationship drama, and too little monsters. I’m half at through and thinking about stopping wasting my time.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

DARK MATTER Trailer (2024) Joel Edgerton, Jennifer Connelly
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
disarm

Post by disarm »

I read Dark Matter a couple months ago and it's a really book. That trailer looks like they're doing very book-faithful version of the story, but they gave away pretty much the whole plot in the trailer. There's still one big twist left that immediately comes to mind, but a lot of surprises that are revealed slowly in the book and blatantly stated in that trailer. Odd decision